• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
All i know is that he'd better have metal blade as one of his attacks with upped sound quality:

*WWWRRRREEE!!!*:chuckle:
Metal Blade is the most awesome Robot Master power ever. Man I hope the little blue bomber makes it into the brawl!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL, I get to know the roster if it's leaked. IF it is and if MegaMan is confirmed/deconfirmed, I shall post it here. If he's confirmed, I'll wet myself, and pass out. After a couple of hours, 9 surgeries, and whatnot *8 hours later* I'll tell you all of the news! :grin:

And Metal Blade...MAN! I LOVE MEGAMAN'S OVERPOWERED WEAPONS! I don't care what anyone tells you-the Metalman Metal Blade WAS Mega Man 2! Most epic weapon EVER! It'd be nice if Mega Man could shoot forward, back, up, and down (like running and shooting in Brawl) like he does with the Metal Blades. Maybe even angle it. o_O And the Metal Blade sounds epic. TRUELY EPIC!

O, and here is something we've NEVER DISCUSSED BEFORE: MUSIC! What music will we have, and from what Mega Man series=??? I personally think the Mega Man main theme, X theme, and Legends theme are neccisary. Maybe add in a Zero or Battle Network song (1-3 theme song ftw!...or the N1 Grand Prix fight song is sweet). Personally-I think repping each Mega Man series with a song would be nice, while bot Classic and X should get stages. O ya, why not discuss stages.

We never can run out of stuff to talk about with Mega Man and such! :laugh:

G-X

Smash Apprentice
Mega Man X is most likely to be the Mega Man in Brawl.

The "X" motif is so visible (fun fact: the Japanese name of the game is Smash Bros. X), and they have music from the game called X.

Mega Man X for Sumabura X!!

Cless

Smash Champion
That's cool. I'm just saying in the unlikely event that he really is deconfirmed it'd be nice to have as many people hold back the "I told you so" remarks from the haters/podcast believers. It's not like we can stop them, but we can all mourn together and supress the impact of the blow. I'd rather go down fightin' with my my fellow RMBers than take all of that with one or two supporters. We'd keep Mega's memory in the SSBB race alive with a final BANG!!!

Conversly, if he's confirmed it'd be great to have as many of us together for a well earned celebration of our long hard struggle.

Edit: I know I sound silly, but I'm just trying to keep the hope alive until the very end, that's all. Being another one who goes to college, I may not be there during that moment either.
Eh, maybe I'll stick around then.

its from the japanese way of saying it, they say it in a way that sounds like starfy.
The katakana is literally su-ta-fii. There's no sound for an r.

I like the DS-tan one better.;)
Are you a hardcore Tales of fan? And if you are, moreso than a Nintendo fan?

Well, I'll take any Mega Man outside of Card Game Mega Man at this point.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
me to i want to see megaman on the character revealed on jan 24 08 and i hope he 's on the list and i going to unlock megaman and we cross are fingers for now for this

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
me to i want to see megaman on the character revealed on jan 24 08 and i hope he 's on the list and i going to unlock megaman and we cross are fingers for now for this
Dont you have any sentence structure at all?... Ever?

domriver

Smash Lord
You know if Megaman is in Brawl. I wonder how they will incorporate him into the Subspace Emissary. It will be awesome if Megaman teams up with Sonic or Snake or even Mario!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
****ING CAPCOM, WTH???!!! IMDb.com is reporting that the voice actor for Leon S. Kennedy is in Brawl voicing Leon. **** you Capcom, I swear if they put freking Leon Kennedy (who was not voted for once too be in Brawl by American, European or Japanese audiences) over Megaman.

I am absolutely dead serious, no joking, this will be the VERY LAST time I EVER by another Capcom product if they do this. I will even take freaking Ryu before I take Leon.

Figured I will give you guys a heads up, I am SOOOOOOOOOO mad right now, I-I just need to cool off.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
****ING CAPCOM, WTH???!!! IMDb.com is reporting that the voice actor for Leon S. Kennedy is in Brawl voicing Leon. **** you Capcom, I swear if they put freking Leon Kennedy (who was not voted for once too be in Brawl by American, European or Japanese audiences) over Megaman.

I am absolutely dead serious, no joking, this will be the VERY LAST time I EVER by another Capcom product if they do this. I will even take freaking Ryu before I take Leon.

Figured I will give you guys a heads up, I am SOOOOOOOOOO mad right now, I-I just need to cool off.
CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN!
we already went through this before. People, this is imdb we're talking about. They absolutely SUCK with video game info. they get stuff wrong all the time.

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean we shouldn't ignore this info completely. why? becuase if this WAS true, that this actaully INCREASES megaman's chances GREATLY.

see, megaman is the only logical choice for a CAPCOM rep. there isn't any other one. He was the most demanded, most iconic, and not putting him in is just.......impossible. CAPCOM wouldn't accept any other character, nor would nintendo. so there are only two possibilities.

1. Mega Man is in the game, and leon is just a 2nd/3rd capcom rep
2. Megaman is in the game, and leon is an AT.

so this is VERY good news for MM. however, take it with the utmost grain of salt. this IS imdb we're talking about.

47drift

Smash Journeyman

>.>;;

Uh... I wouldn't mine Ryu... I still prefer Street Fighter Alpha 3 over Melee most of the time~ *FLEE*

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wheeeeew... I realized IMDB.com is like Wikipedia, can be edited by anyone. If this is true it confirms what I have been saying all along. Capcom IS involved with Brawl.

It still stands, Capcoms involvement with Brawl=98% chance

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Kazuya on the list though?

Kazuya and Leon? Those are horrible choices if that was ever true...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Still, I hate people who do these things for kicks. Also, there is a new rumored leak out there that says that there is 4 TPCs. But his description of the 3rd one is interesting, this is what he claims. "The third 3rd partys characters level is from the same series, but not from the same game he's in." This could confirm Megaman since it could come from the one Megaman series, yet the character be a different Megaman. I dunnno, this leak is most likely 99% fake, but his statemen kind of alludes to A Megaman.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is an interesting rumor that is a little bit more interesting than all the others, the guy who did this is daily revealing info about Brawl.

Super Smash Bros is coming to the Virtual Console Febuary 4th
Okay, I guess we will have to wait and see

Metal Gear Solid will have 3 ATs that I know of ,there may be more ,but I don't think so.

Cyber Ninja, Revolver Ocelot and somebody else that i'm not going to reveal, not because I can't but because it's a pleasent surprise that will make you smile. Revolver Ocelot stands on one side of the level or platform and rapidly fires at everyone excepts the person who threw the Assist Trophey, and apparently he also says something.

I do not know a lot about MGS so it could be true.

Blastoise, Zapdos, Combusken, Vaporeon, Luxray, Cacnea, and Magmortar will all be Pokeball pokemon.

Again, we will have to wait and see.

There will no more delays, it will be out Febuary 10th. This game has been finished and was just delayed so it did not conflict with Super Mario Galaxy's sales.

Duh.

1/2 the levels from SSB and 1/3 of the levels from SSBM will be in SSBB with improved graphics.

Hyrule Castle was not really upgraded, unless it was one of the few that was not.

Many people are not going to be surprised who the third 3rd party character is, but many will be.

Megaman?!? Since so many people think he is gone.

Skull Kid, Professor Oak, Trace, Kiddy Kong and Sothe are ATs.

So far, Sothe has been confirmed, and this was pre-Jumpfest

Ditto is an extremely powerful pokeball pokemon.

He was originally supposed to be in Melee, and he was supposed to be strong. Maybe they finally got him to work

The third 3rd partys characters level is from the same series, but not from the same game he's in.

This pretty much confirms he is talking about Megaman, really. Same series, but different stage. Classic Megaman on Megaman X Highway stage, or something like that.

Luigi's Mansion, Gorons Mountain, and Kaptain K. Rool's Ship are levels in SSBB.

Luigi's Mansion is VERY possible, the Goron Mountain was in fact a stage voted for by Japanese gamers, and Kaptain K.Rools ship was another one voted on. And could be K.Rools home stage...

The Dojo will announce the third 3rd party character not this week, but the following week.

We shall see, this will be the make or break.

There's really a fourth 3rd party character in the game that's gonna blow mind, not even my friend would tell me who he is.

I say Earthworm Jim, if there is a fourth that is so different from Sonic, Snake and possibly Megaman. THAT would blow my mind, but we shall see.

I am SOOOOOOO hoping this dude is true, he also apparently is revealing other things about Brawl on a daily basis. And he seems to be a little more credible than some others, but he it seems like he is secretly confirming Megaman though. FINALLY, a rumor in our favor!!! :)

The Great Tama

Smash Journeyman
starphoenix, that all sounds real good. I hope its all true, but we don't know for sure. Hopefully, the 3rd 3rd party character is Megaman, and the 4th 3rd party character is Rayman or Bomberman, possibly Sora as well. Seems right.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Apparently the guy who revealed this rumor also revealed information on Pokemon D/P before it was released saying all this stuff about it that was ludicrous to people. He was scoffed at and made fun of, but all of it turned out to be true, this guy might actually be the REAL DEAL. :shock:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here is an interesting rumor that is a little bit more interesting than all the others, the guy who did this is daily revealing info about Brawl.

I am SOOOOOOO hoping this dude is true, he also apparently is revealing other things about Brawl on a daily basis. And he seems to be a little more credible than some others, but he it seems like he is secretly confirming Megaman though. FINALLY, a rumor in our favor!!! :)
Judging from this guys post, he sounds like a typical "Prophet", nothing more

Cless

Smash Champion
Whatever, rumors are rumors until proven true.

Anyway, I've been scouring the net all day for Mega Man media. Very fruitful day.

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
I am hoping for Megaman X and Zero.. and maybe Bass as an Alt for megaman or an AT, if not a playable character.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Leok Kennedy over megaman?

Thats the biggest BS since the sandman, This is blasphemy, this is madness!!

*waits for famous spartan quote*

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Apparently the guy who revealed this rumor also revealed information on Pokemon D/P before it was released saying all this stuff about it that was ludicrous to people. He was scoffed at and made fun of, but all of it turned out to be true, this guy might actually be the REAL DEAL. :shock:
His name wouldn't happen it to "Serebii" would it? I hear that he is somewhat reliable and for that I believe him to be the true prophet, IF there is a prophet.

Leok Kennedy over megaman?

Thats the biggest BS since the sandman, This is blasphemy, this is madness!!

*waits for famous spartan quote*
THIS IS SPAR-TAAAAAAA

Stryks

Smash Hero
U have to be accepted by the leader of RMB (bluebomber22) and by the co founders (lego, tirkaro and myself)...

U got my vote, I mean u dont visit this forum a lot, but ur a smart poster, u would get the mettaur rank IMO...
yeah what aqua said...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
CALM DOWN, CALM DOWN!
we already went through this before. People, this is imdb we're talking about. They absolutely SUCK with video game info. they get stuff wrong all the time.

HOWEVER, this doesn't mean we shouldn't ignore this info completely. why? becuase if this WAS true, that this actaully INCREASES megaman's chances GREATLY.

see, megaman is the only logical choice for a CAPCOM rep. there isn't any other one. He was the most demanded, most iconic, and not putting him in is just.......impossible. CAPCOM wouldn't accept any other character, nor would nintendo. so there are only two possibilities.

1. Mega Man is in the game, and leon is just a 2nd/3rd capcom rep
2. Megaman is in the game, and leon is an AT.

so this is VERY good news for MM. however, take it with the utmost grain of salt. this IS imdb we're talking about.
Hold the phone. Mega Man isn't Capcom's only successful series. If Mega Man falls through, then they will send Jill Valentine most likely. With a GC exclusive remake of the original, 2 major roles in RE 1 and RE 3, a recent Wii exclusive featuring her as a major character, and an apperance in a Resident Evil movie, she will be the next one they send to rep the Resident Evil series which is a Capcom staple and one Nintendo has recently been part of more and more since 1999.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Doubt it, If megaman by some act ofgod aint the capcom rep, IMO it will be ryu, from SF, seeing how SF4 is coming out, and the anniversary coming, I wouldnt doubt it...

BUT not adding the mascot of capcom does NOT make sense...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
But RE uses guns primarily. Actually, almost exclusively, and since Snake has a lack of guns in his moveset...
Have you seen Capcom vs. Marvel 2? Jill's main special moves involved summoning undead creatures. Her ultimate move was summoning Nemesis. She used a handgun as her special counter move there which tells me Capcom had an easy time creating a limited firearms moveset for her even though Capcom could have armed Jill to the teeth in MvC2.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Hold the phone. Mega Man isn't Capcom's only successful series. If Mega Man falls through, then they will send Jill Valentine most likely. With a GC exclusive remake of the original, 2 major roles in RE 1 and RE 3, a recent Wii exclusive featuring her as a major character, and an apperance in a Resident Evil movie, she will be the next one they send to rep the Resident Evil series which is a Capcom staple and one Nintendo has recently been part of more and more since 1999.
yeah, but MM is capcom's MOST successful franchise, and capcom's MASCOT. yes, MASCOT, it says it right on the official capcom site. it would make no sense whatsoever to put anyone over megaman, especially how heavily demanded he is, and his importance to both capcom and nintendo.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man u and ur uncontrolable urge to support female characters...

Yes jill can be in, but she aint as famous as ryu and cant even lit a candle to megaman, thus megaman has the better shot...

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I think Captain Commando would be most likely after Megaman because not only is he retro but I hear he was Capcom's former mascot before Megaman's time. I mean, Captain Commando should speak for itself.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
U have to be accepted by the leader of RMB (bluebomber22) and by the co founders (lego, tirkaro and myself)...

U got my vote, I mean u dont visit this forum a lot, but ur a smart poster, u would get the mettaur rank IMO...
yeah what aqua said...
I come here a lot, but I don't post as much....But I'm usually here when there's a troll or something *coughChi'sFinestcough*

U? U is fail, u fail, fai fail fail fial.

Megamanzors 4 brawl etc etc.
Phail=fail

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Wait...
Hold the phones...
Was the positive info from the Serebii guy???
I need to know!!!
I watched serebii.net...
I saw them release a slew of info before the D/P release...
NONE of it was false...
This would add some substance to our defence...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Man u and ur uncontrolable urge to support female characters...
Ugh. I hope you aren't implying that I have a biased preference for female characters.

Yes jill can be in, but she aint as famous as ryu and cant even lit a candle to megaman, thus megaman has the better shot...
You are severly underestimating Jill's popularity.

Top Bottom