• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
May I interject in the MM v. Jill thing???
Um...
Jill...although a considerably popular character in the RE games...
Has...fairly little influence elsewhere...
Mega Man is far more popular...and is the mascot of Capcom...
Its more reasonable that way...
Ryu...would probably be the the second choice...
Due to SF's massive fame among fighter game fans...The fighting game fans that are likely to buy SSBB...
So Capcom-wise...I see Mega Man, over Ryu, over Jill...
Thats just me...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
May I interject in the MM v. Jill thing???
Um...
Jill...although a considerably popular character in the RE games...
Has...fairly little influence elsewhere...
Mega Man is far more popular...and is the mascot of Capcom...
Its more reasonable that way...
Ryu...would probably be the the second choice...
Due to SF's massive fame among fighter game fans...The fighting game fans that are likely to buy SSBB...
So Capcom-wise...I see Mega Man, over Ryu, over Jill...
Thats just me...
Oh don't get me wrong. I truly think Mega Man is the first option, but if for some reason he isn't requested by Sakurai, then I'm willing to bet Jill would be next. Some say an SF guy would get in but I highly doubt it. If SF fans want to play as Ryu, then Brawl would actually be their last resort. Will they buy the game just because Ryu is in it? Maybe a few will, but the rest have their favorites like Chun-Li, Akuma, and Ken so I doubt it. Jill is the clear favorite of the RE series, which means a large bulk of the RE fans would buy the game just because shes in it.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Jill is Surivor Horror and would rarley be known to kids outside of Marvel VS Capcom 2. She has little to no chance.

Now all, read my post CAREFULLY, I may have info to completely debunk Infanune's interview sayings.

Someone who arrived IRL recently came to our card shop Saturday. I chatted with him for a long while and he gave me VERY useful info.

In Marvel Vs Capcom 3, X and the X version of Zero are going to be represented. You know where that leaves classic Megaman?

Brawl. He told me Capcom wants Megaman in Brawl.

I'm not confirming any of this, nor am I in denial as I actually got this IRL.

Discuss to your will.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Jill is Surivor Horror and would rarley be known to kids outside of Marvel VS Capcom 2. She has little to no chance.

Now all, read my post CAREFULLY, I may have info to completely debunk Infanune's interview sayings.

Someone who arrived IRL recently came to our card shop Saturday. I chatted with him for a long while and he gave me VERY useful info.

In Marvel Vs Capcom 3, X and the X version of Zero are going to be represented. You know where that leaves classic Megaman?

Discuss to your will.
I'm not sure what I should be more excited for:

MvC3 or megaman in brawl.

well, obviously megaman in brawl comes first, but MvC3 sounds pretty sweet too. Better have ghost rider and deadpool this time. Amaterastu and zack and wiki in MvC3 would be pretty cool too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not sure what I should be more excited for:

MvC3 or megaman in brawl.

well, obviously megaman in brawl comes first, but MvC3 sounds pretty sweet too. Better have ghost rider and deadpool this time. Amaterastu and zack and wiki in MvC3 would be pretty cool too.
Are they actually planning a MvC3???

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Wow, seems like this news is something grand after all... I want to site the reference so I can share the wealth over at Perfect Memories, so can someone point me in the direction of the original poster and post please?

By the way, 2008 = Year of Mega Man/Rockman

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

Discuss to your will.
I thought Capcom lost the rights to make Marvel games, but I welcome the good news of a possible MvC3. I missed out on MvC2 and I shall not make that mistake with MvC3.

Man these rumors are getting interesting, first a continuation of an unfinished MM series on the Wii and now MvC3 with MMX and Zero no less. This may turn out to be some year for MMfans, MM in Brawl may only be the tip of the iceberg.

Edit: Yeah I see your message about Capcom needing to get their Marvel License renewed, Tony. Man that is GREAT NEWS if Capcom is truly planning a MvC3. They may actually try to make Megaman's 20th worthwhile afterall!

Tony_

Smash Ace
Wow, seems like this news is something grand after all... I want to site the reference so I can share the wealth over at Perfect Memories, so can someone point me in the direction of the original poster and post please?

By the way, 2008 = Year of Mega Man/Rockman
I was the original person who posted it. =]

Tony said:

Discuss to your will.
Quoted for you so you dun have to dig through posts XDD. :p

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Man u and ur uncontrolable urge to support female characters...

Yes jill can be in, but she aint as famous as ryu and cant even lit a candle to megaman, thus megaman has the better shot...
I'm also growing tired of people saying the fact that their favorite random character (like Amy freaking Rose) has a chance just because of their gender. WE HAVE ENOUGH FAN SERVICE WITH ZERO SUIT SAMUS...(I also doubt a RE characters chances, but Jill is the most iconic RE character and the only one I really know...so I'm not saying anything bad about Jill.)

Cless

Smash Champion
Have you seen Capcom vs. Marvel 2? Jill's main special moves involved summoning undead creatures. Her ultimate move was summoning Nemesis. She used a handgun as her special counter move there which tells me Capcom had an easy time creating a limited firearms moveset for her even though Capcom could have armed Jill to the teeth in MvC2.
All of her summoning moves except Nemesis involved them coming from off screen. You also forgot her tackle and rocket launcher. Anyway, just because it worked in MvC2, doesn't mean it'll work here. Besides, is she still the most popular RE character? Just asking.

Anyway, about MvC3, I thought that EA bought up all the Marvel rights.

Tony_

Smash Ace
All of her summoning moves except Nemesis involved them coming from off screen. You also forgot her tackle and rocket launcher. Anyway, just because it worked in MvC2, doesn't mean it's work here. Besides, is she still the most popular RE character? Just asking.

Capcom can get them when they expire, if they do. =\

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
All of her summoning moves except Nemesis involved them coming from off screen. You also forgot her tackle and rocket launcher. Anyway, just because it worked in MvC2, doesn't mean it's work here. Besides, is she still the most popular RE character? Just asking.

I'll discuss your concerns with Jill's workability as a PC over PMs.

P.S. I think its a toss up between Valentine and Kennedy. With the movie, my gut tells me Jill. Keep in mind, Jill was supposed to show up for Resident Evil Extinction, but since Sienna Guillory had other obligations, they went with Claire. You could make a case for Leon based on the fact he has more lead roles in RE games though. =oP

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, those movie's are terrible and not canon at all. Anyway, What about Chris? Isn't he going to be in something, or was that Umbrella Chronicles?

Well, looking forward to the PMs.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I'll discuss your concerns with Jill's workability as a PC over PMs.

P.S. I think its a toss up between Valentine and Kennedy. With the movie, my gut tells me Jill. Keep in mind, Jill was supposed to show up for Resident Evil Extinction, but since Sienna Guillory had other obligations, they went with Claire. You could make a case for Leon based on the fact he has more lead roles in RE games though. =oP
ah, but leon is starring in the upcoming degeneration movie, so that gives him his first movie role.

nevertheless, MM for brawl.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Chris is seemingly going to be the main character of the upcoming RE5. Which, coincidentally, is probably not ever going to come to the Wii, but that's besides the point.

If a RE character ever, through some means, got into Brawl, it would probably be Leon, just because he's the one that Nintendo fans have had a chance to get to know the most (thanks to RE2, RE4 and RE4-Wii).

But I seriously doubt it. I'd think some one like Viewtiful Joe would have a better chance of getting into Brawl over a RE character.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Well, those movie's are terrible and not canon at all. Anyway, What about Chris? Isn't he going to be in something, or was that Umbrella Chronicles?

Well, looking forward to the PMs.
Sure the movies aren't canon, but they are a pretty good indicator of a video game character's popularity. Anderson aimed to please the fans, thats why the RE movies were flash and gore. Maybe thats why he chose Jill also since he figured she was the most popular character or Jill may have actually been the most demanded character for an RE movie appearance.

Cless

Smash Champion
Sure the movies aren't canon, but they are a pretty good indicator of a video game character's popularity. Anderson aimed to please the fans, thats why the RE movies were flash and gore. Maybe thats why he chose Jill also since he figured she was the most popular character or Jill may have actually been the most demanded character for an RE movie appearance.
In America (Yu-Gi-Oh: TAS jokes aside). How about Japan? Who's popular over there?

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
LOL, I get to know the roster if it's leaked. IF it is and if MegaMan is confirmed/deconfirmed, I shall post it here. If he's confirmed, I'll wet myself, and pass out. After a couple of hours, 9 surgeries, and whatnot *8 hours later* I'll tell you all of the news! :grin:

And Metal Blade...MAN! I LOVE MEGAMAN'S OVERPOWERED WEAPONS! I don't care what anyone tells you-the Metalman Metal Blade WAS Mega Man 2! Most epic weapon EVER! It'd be nice if Mega Man could shoot forward, back, up, and down (like running and shooting in Brawl) like he does with the Metal Blades. Maybe even angle it. o_O And the Metal Blade sounds epic. TRUELY EPIC!

O, and here is something we've NEVER DISCUSSED BEFORE: MUSIC! What music will we have, and from what Mega Man series=??? I personally think the Mega Man main theme, X theme, and Legends theme are neccisary. Maybe add in a Zero or Battle Network song (1-3 theme song ftw!...or the N1 Grand Prix fight song is sweet). Personally-I think repping each Mega Man series with a song would be nice, while bot Classic and X should get stages. O ya, why not discuss stages.

We never can run out of stuff to talk about with Mega Man and such! :laugh:
songs=at least 1 song from each series.
stages=its hard for me too pick, but I think the most logical would be highway stage for X, or...cut man's stage for classic.

Mega Man X is most likely to be the Mega Man in Brawl.

The "X" motif is so visible (fun fact: the Japanese name of the game is Smash Bros. X), and they have music from the game called X.

Mega Man X for Sumabura X!!
the music from the game(which the other game it comes from is called X) is un related. the name of smash in japapn has almost no real effect(obvious reasons). I would like to have bonuses for X but this realy has no real logical benefits.
As long as its classic or x, im good with that... give me starforce and I will bring death!
amen to that!
Eh, maybe I'll stick around then.

The katakana is literally su-ta-fii. There's no sound for an r.

Are you a hardcore Tales of fan? And if you are, moreso than a Nintendo fan?

Well, I'll take any Mega Man outside of Card Game Mega Man at this point.
I am a hard core nintendo fan, I love the tales series, only problem is the only one I have gotten to play is tales of symphonia. I cant seem to figure out any of the details of the other tales games.(like system or name).
You know if Megaman is in Brawl. I wonder how they will incorporate him into the Subspace Emissary. It will be awesome if Megaman teams up with Sonic or Snake or even Mario!
well we know mario, sonic, and pit are teaming up. now we have to see if megaman joins their motly crew.
Here is an interesting rumor that is a little bit more interesting than all the others, the guy who did this is daily revealing info about Brawl.

I am SOOOOOOO hoping this dude is true, he also apparently is revealing other things about Brawl on a daily basis. And he seems to be a little more credible than some others, but he it seems like he is secretly confirming Megaman though. FINALLY, a rumor in our favor!!! :)
well, the whole stage seperate from the character thing can mean anything for megaman. it could mean X and classic stage, classic and X stage, or even legends and X stage. we just have to wait and see if these rumors are true or not.
I am hoping for Megaman X and Zero.. and maybe Bass as an Alt for megaman or an AT, if not a playable character.
IDK about bass getting in as a alt for X, that seems a little wierd. if it was classic megaman it would make more sense.

Discuss to your will.
X and X version of zero in MVC3? what system is this expected for? and also, who gave you this info?
In America (Yu-Gi-Oh: TAS jokes aside). How about Japan? Who's popular over there?
IDK realy, I have seen a few samples of the japanese gameing world(cinematic nocternal emmisions) and frankly I dont understand what they are interested in. but then again that show is realy no help at all for this.

Cless

Smash Champion
I am a hard core nintendo fan, I love the tales series, only problem is the only one I have gotten to play is tales of symphonia. I cant seem to figure out any of the details of the other tales games.(like system or name).
Well, no wonder you don't think my sig is sexy. You don't know the characters at all. Well then, let me, the self proclaimed premier Tales of fanatic of SWF, help you (Personally, Symphonia is one of my least favorite Tales of games, not bashing you or anything, but I feel the game is incomplete).

I'll go up until Abyss in the main series because that's the last one you can buy in America. I will also denote which ones have been released here with a US in parentheses.

Tales of Phantasia: SNES, PSX, GBA (US), PSP
Tales of Destiny: PSX (US), PS2
Tales of Eternia (Called Tales of Destiny II in America because of He-Man's copyright of Eternia): PSX (US), PSP
Tales of Destiny 2: PS2, PSP
Tales of Symphonia: GCN (US), PS2
Tales of Rebirth: PS2, soon to be PSP
Tales of Legendia: PS2 (US)
Tales of the Abyss: PS2 (US)

Also there is Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology available for the PSP. It is a crossover game.

X and X version of zero in MVC3? what system is this expected for? and also, who gave you this info?
Don't hold your breath for this. EA holds all the rights for Marvel and I don't see them giving it up anytime soon. Unless Capcom works out some sort of deal with them, I don't see this game happening in the near future.

IDK realy, I have seen a few samples of the japanese gameing world(cinematic nocternal emmisions) and frankly I dont understand what they are interested in. but then again that show is realy no help at all for this.
Yeah, Japanese culture is weird. A lot of the games on Cinematech: NE are crap and they only show you them because they're weird.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Well, no wonder you don't think my sig is sexy. You don't know the characters at all. Well then, let me, the self proclaimed premier Tales of fanatic of SWF, help you (Personally, Symphonia is one of my least favorite Tales of games, not bashing you or anything, but I feel the game is incomplete).

I'll go up until Abyss in the main series because that's the last one you can buy in America. I will also denote which ones have been released here with a US in parentheses.

Tales of Phantasia: SNES, PSX, GBA (US), PSP
Tales of Destiny: PSX (US), PS2
Tales of Eternia (Called Tales of Destiny II in America because of He-Man's copyright of Eternia): PSX (US), PSP
Tales of Destiny 2: PS2, PSP
Tales of Symphonia: GCN (US), PS2
Tales of Rebirth: PS2, soon to be PSP
Tales of Legendia: PS2 (US)
Tales of the Abyss: PS2 (US)

Also there is Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology available for the PSP. It is a crossover game.

Don't hold your breath for this. EA holds all the rights for Marvel and I don't see them giving it up anytime soon. Unless Capcom works out some sort of deal with them, I don't see this game happening in the near future.

Yeah, Japanese culture is weird. A lot of the games on Cinematech: NE are crap and they only show you them because they're weird.
dang, alot of them were for PS2, no wonder I havnt played any except for tales of symphonia(I felt the ending was a bit rushed though, they should have drawn that part out more and shortened a few of the other parts. besides that though I felt the game was great.)

and the japanese are very strange indeed, but we should be grateful for this cause it help them develope things like mario, megaman, and whatnot.

Cless

Smash Champion
dang, alot of them were for PS2, no wonder I havnt played any except for tales of symphonia(I felt the ending was a bit rushed though, they should have drawn that part out more and shortened a few of the other parts. besides that though I felt the game was great.)

and the japanese are very strange indeed, but we should be grateful for this cause it help them develope things like mario, megaman, and whatnot.
I am grateful, but when you've seen some of the things that come out of Japan that I have...

Every flowery garden has a cesspool swamp waiting underneath.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
If Megaman got in, it wouldn't just be him. It'd open up the door for a bunch of new things!
-Bass as an extra character or AT
-Rush or Treble as ATs - Wheee! Rush Coil!
-Wily as an SSE boss
-Robot Masters as SSE enemies or mini-bosses - Guts Man would be awesomely hectic.
-Megaman levels! - I wanna duke it out on Wily's Castle!

I really hope Megaman gets in. He would add quite a lot to the game, I'm sure. It'd be such a waste of potential if he doesn't. I'm like Junk Man. I hate waste.

Cless

Smash Champion
To be honest, if Mega Man did get in, I'd rather see multi-series representation for ATs, stages, and music. Zero playable, Tron Bonne AT, Neo Arcadia or Elysium stage, etc.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
looks like we got some positive mm in brawl rumors again. thank God. those other rumors were really startin to get me down....but now im up again!

NOT SO FAST WILEY!!!!

-Smooth Cri--err Bluebomber22

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
That prophet wasn't 100% Mega man he said "More would be shocked" which doesn't sound like Mega man, and the stage thing? It could mean it might a FF / Square character. Last one also sounds like Geno XS sadly.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That prophet wasn't 100% Mega man he said "More would be shocked" which doesn't sound like Mega man, and the stage thing? It could mean it might a FF / Square character. Last one also sounds like Geno XS sadly.
Well, I WAS thinking the same thing as well...

Of course, there might be people shocked because of the Inafune thing...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
he wasnt 100%, but it made sense. some people wouldnt be shocked because mega man was expected. and some people would be shocked because of the podcast....

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I agree with BB, based on what we've got, it wouldn't hurt to believe Megaman is that 3rd third party character. For all we know, Megaman could be the other third party described, the mind blowing one (mind blowing because of the podcast). Though, that one may be Bomberman or Pacman. It could even be Crono! Now THAT would be mind-blowing! 0_0

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I agree with BB, based on what we've got, it wouldn't hurt to believe Megaman is that 3rd third party character. For all we know, Megaman could be the other third party described, the mind blowing one (mind blowing because of the podcast). Though, that one may be Bomberman or Pacman. It could even be Crono! Now THAT would be mind-blowing! 0_0
You said it. =oP

Poor Crono...it would take an act of God to get him in....

Top Bottom