• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Cless

Smash Champion
But he is currently under contract with Capcom. He would probably have to clear it with them before he did anything. That has nothing to do with Capcom's involvement with Brawl however.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
But he is currently under contract with Capcom. He would probably have to clear it with them before he did anything. That has nothing to do with Capcom's involvement with Brawl however.
Precisely my point, when someone is in the middle of working on a game they are usally held under contract (especially by third party companies) to complete that project before working on another. So yes ALTS, he is guided by Capcom.

*slams head on desk*

CAPCOM DOES NOT HAVE A FREAKING LEASH ON THIS PERSON.

Oh, and fun fact - he didn't even work on Devil May Cry 4!

EDIT: Oh? Because he's doing something outside of Capcom, Capcom has to be involved?

I want proof of that, since it's an absurd concept that no form of reality could ever support.

Capcom is able to allow the DMC musician to compose some songs for Nintendo without being involved in Brawl. It's not like he's working on anything at all.

Cless

Smash Champion
*slams head on desk*

EDIT: Oh? Because he's doing something outside of Capcom, Capcom has to be involved?

I want proof of that, since it's an absurd concept that no form of reality could ever support.

Capcom is able to allow the DMC musician to compose some songs for Nintendo without being involved in Brawl. It's not like he's working on anything at all.
I never said it had anything to do with Capcom's involvement with Brawl. He didn't have anything to do with Devil May Cry 3 either. I realize the composers don't have anything to do with characters, but when they don't reveal all the composers up front, it makes you wonder.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
*slams head on desk*

Fine since I am getting NOWHERE with this Capcom argument, and it seems to just be cyclical. Take the Nights composer, that game was JUST released; and has been in development coinciding with Brawl development, how can the composer work on both Nights and Brawl at the same time? Sega is not going to let development be stopped for it just because Nintendo wanted him, it is because we now know Sega is involved with the game because of Sonic. So as I have been TRYING to state, they allowed the composer to shift about these two projects.

That's not an argument. He's involved in Smash, Sega is involved in Smash. The fact that Sega allowed him to work on Nights and Brawl at the same time does not mean that Capcom is going to demand that if the DMC composer is working on Brawl, they will work on Brawl too - especially when he wasn't a key component of the last Monster Hunter game or Devil May Cry game?

Composers mean NOTHING. God, do you listen? Do you think about reality and ever consider that it is an important factor? The composer of Ape Escape is working in Brawl. That doesn't mean that Sony had a say in him working on it or not, or that Sony is involved in Smash now because of it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
When a game designer is working on designing a game, he is under contract by the company to work on that game unless he is layed off from the project. He is not able to decide, "Hey, I think I will go do this as well." It takes a lot of time to design stuff, and most designers only take one project at a time.

The same is said for musicians, being a musician it is hard too work on 2 projects at once and ultimatly it comes down priority. And these may not be the only Square, Capcom, Konami and Sega musicians! As it has shown before, they keep the more "namely" composers hidden like Senoue who if was on the list before Sonic would have obviously indicated his appearance.

So it is pointless to discuss this any longer, I have said what I needed to, we all in the end will believe what we will. There is no way to know who is in fact hidden or not so I am officialy done debating this and am moving on.

You are actually arguing that there exists the hypothetical that a Mega Man composer may be in Brawl? Wow. Yes, if we are arguing theoretical possibilities, then MM's composer has a chance of getting in.

That does not matter, though.

The only decent thing to argue is whether or not he IS in or not. And even if he was in, that does not demand that Capcom be in as well. The series that they make songs for are not necessarily going to be what they make in Brawl - nothing dictates that they will be doing that. In fact, the simple fact that Ape Escape 2 is on there shows that many of the composers will not work on songs from their respective franchises.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So has anyone been able to come up with an idea for a Megaman stage yet? I had an idea that sounded pretty neat in my head.

Robot Master Museum:

First, you start out in the musuem kind of like the hangar in the Halberd stage, only it is the robot master museum.

Than, after awhile one of Wily's little illusion robot drones will fly down and flash, and than you will be in a robot master location like Pharohman, where you are in front of a pyramid with sand everywhere, or are in Snakemans stage, where you are fighting on a giant robotic snake. You will switch through several pre-built locations like this, when you are done with each location you go back to the museum.

Kind of a mix between WarioWare and Halberd, except cooler, and no minigames! :)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You are actually arguing that there exists the hypothetical that a Mega Man composer may be in Brawl? Wow. Yes, if we are arguing theoretical possibilities, then MM's composer has a chance of getting in.

That does not matter, though.

The only decent thing to argue is whether or not he IS in or not. And even if he was in, that does not demand that Capcom be in as well. The series that they make songs for are not necessarily going to be what they make in Brawl - nothing dictates that they will be doing that. In fact, the simple fact that Ape Escape 2 is on there shows that many of the composers will not work on songs from their respective franchises.
I did not say they were going to... Nevermind, I will simply say a MM composer could be hidden, agree to disagree and be done with it. The next argument, MM in Brawl; I'll skip that one. seeing as I have already gone through THAT one a million times already.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Dude, stop double posting everywhere.

The Ape Escape guy did some Twinbee stuff and Front Mission 3 as well.
K, sorry, I guess I should start using that edit bitton for different purposes. :ohwell:

Also, has anyone brought up the "Zero" factor yet?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm, so I guess I can skip that one than.

Oops, looks like my times up, better get off befor the warden busts me. The prison only gives you a few hours on one of the PC's. So I better give my "friend" here his turn or he might shank me. Lol. :laugh: :(

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Hmm, so I guess I can skip that one than.

Oops, looks like my times up, better get off befor the warden busts me. The prison only gives you a few hours on one of the PC's. So I better give my "friend" here his turn or he might shank me. Lol. :laugh: :(
0_0

Umm......

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
So has anyone been able to come up with an idea for a Megaman stage yet? I had an idea that sounded pretty neat in my head.

Robot Master Museum:

First, you start out in the musuem kind of like the hangar in the Halberd stage, only it is the robot master museum.

Than, after awhile one of Wily's little illusion robot drones will fly down and flash, and than you will be in a robot master location like Pharohman, where you are in front of a pyramid with sand everywhere, or are in Snakemans stage, where you are fighting on a giant robotic snake. You will switch through several pre-built locations like this, when you are done with each location you go back to the museum.

Kind of a mix between WarioWare and Halberd, except cooler, and no minigames! :)
no, I think we should have a more...solid stage for megaman. I dont want to see another stage that switches between more of them, wario ware is enough. I would like to see however, a stage that has some scrolling action. picture this:
youre going through a stage with forced scrolling, kinda like rainbow road. along the way, you will have to use your platforming skills to survive the stage all at the same time as avoiding enemies who attack you! mind you these enemies wont be powerful, but they will be fun little hazards. they can even make a stage that does all of this differently everytime. for example we could have a megaman stage that starts at a different robot master every time. if the battle lasts long enough, you move onto the next stage after seeing the robot master defeated or the robot master is destroyed by you.

EDIT: this sounds a little like the Robot master museum, dangit.

that what i heard about the megaman stage with the robot master museum that what it means hidden for megaman in brawl for now
Im tired of trying to decipher what you are saying, start useing grammer or I will just ignore your posts.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
that what i heard about the megaman stage with the robot master museum that what it means hidden for megaman in brawl for now
Translation:

"That's what I heard about Megaman's stage if it is the Robot Museum. That means it's a hidden stage for Megaman who's also hidden in Brawl for now."

My guess is Binki is putting his statements in a translator like Babelfish and posting the translations here. That would explain why he never responds to us.

That or he's really a Megaman hater who's found a creative way to troll our thread.:laugh:

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i am not the megaman hater i am the megaman fan that who responds for megaman for a brawl i was helping yah out for this so you will be excitied to see megaman in brawl and you wanna not let megaman in brawl come on guys we will not fail down for this in megaman in brawl topic this is for the chance for megaman offical confrimed in smash bros dojo website and i am yah megaman team and let this topic getting on for megaman in brawl

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
i am not the megaman hater, i am the megaman fan who responds for the better of megaman in brawl. i was helping yah out for this so you will be excitied to see megaman in brawl.(I didnt catch the meaning of that last one) and you wanna not let megaman in brawl(what?) come on guys we will not fail in this megaman for brawl topic. this is for the chance of megaman's offical confrimation in the smash bros dojo website. and i am part of the megaman team (when did he join exactly?) and let this topic comtinue on for megaman in brawl
translation for all!
QFT
*Gasps*
ditto
. use it

10char
I put it in for him this time, but he must use it soon!

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see a (scrolling maybe) highway stage regardless of what MM gets in...
The changing/transforming stage has been overdone...so Robot Museum is out in my opinion...
Id also like to see a Space Station based stage should X/Zero get in...
(sorry I havnt been posting much...computers far too laggy for my impatient ways)...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sakurai cannot deny Megaman! The following "Destined Matches" must take place in order to satisfy long time old school Megaman fans everywhere:

Megaman vs. Samus (Battle of Buster Cannons)

Megaman vs. Mario (Icon vs. Icon)

Megaman vs. Sonic (Capcom vs. Sega)

Megaman vs. Snake (Capcom vs. Konami)

That's exactly why he has to be on the game. So that these long time highly anticipated Pay Per View worthy matches can finally be seen by the public.

You better not screw with fate Mr. Sakurai, or I'll hunt you down like a sniveling dog.

Run and you will die tired....

Any Megaman 4 Brawl

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
To me, the best way to have a "Rockman" style stage...has GOT to have those **** disappearing platforms be at least a part of the stage. Obviously, the timing would be much more merciful in Smash than it would be in Rockman proper, but the spirit of it all would just make the old schooler in me swoon.

It could basically be summed up as a "Dr. Wily's Castle" stage, complete with a number of traps that would serve to try and defeat the "intruders" to Dr. W's lab. And mid-way through the stage...you and your opponents would have to take a break from trying to punch each other in the face. Because such things like being able to survive traipsing across a bottomless pit, with a pattern of disappearing blocks your only source of salvation, would have to take a temporary place of higher priority. ;)

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
To me, the best way to have a "Rockman" style stage...has GOT to have those **** disappearing platforms be at least a part of the stage. Obviously, the timing would be much more merciful in Smash than it would be in Rockman proper, but the spirit of it all would just make the old schooler in me swoon.
Ice Man's stage for brawl. Annoying blocks as well as flying platforms that shoot at each other with flying penguins attacking you.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Samus has an Arm cannon :p
And you forgot someone(DS!):chuckle:
Arm Cannon/Buster Cannon. It's all the same to me. I mean, they're not clones but they have similar attributes about them.

Oh yeah...

Dark Samus vs. Megaman (Classic Battle of Good vs. Evil)

Any Version of Megaman 4 Brawl

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
hahahaha

im kind of glad for all these rumors cuz it gives us something to talk about.
"Not I," said Shade with a look of concern on his face, "I really want him confirmed for so many reasons:"

A: I'd make the anti Megaman fans stfu! And if they didn't well that just proves that they fail at life!

B: I could finally shake of this insomnia, for Megaman's confirmation is an instant reason for me not to look at the Dojo anymore. All I want is for him to be playable.

C: We could talk about Megaman's real special moves and his real final smash and his real stage without having to constantly speculate.

Top Bottom