• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
So what do you think of this

MM deconfirmed....you'd think that would be over by now..
I think whoever made that needs to be burned...or that's what I would say if all the other characters in that comic hadn't got "lame" presents either. It's clear that the humor in the comic (if you've seen the whole thing) is the irony of having suckage Christmas gifts. Though "Mega's" burn is still the worst.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Ok Guys I apologize. Dont get me wrong, I do want MegaMan for Brawl and the old rumor that he was disconfirmed was what sparked this comic a while ago, I never was gunna make it but people were asking and asking me for a new comic and something for christmas, so I just took some crap from other comix and ideas I wasnt gunna use ans slopped it 2gether.
*burns*

yeah seig loves to joke around. i dont take him seriously...lol
THANK YOU! man Your My Fav MegaMan Fan, can you please tell this to Shuma, that guy is breathing down my neck again and bringing up old RIDLEY stuff...kinda freaks me out. I really think he wants to kill me or something.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Ok Guys I apologize. Dont get me wrong, I do want MegaMan for Brawl and the old rumor that he was disconfirmed was what sparked this comic a while ago, I never was gunna make it but people were asking and asking me for a new comic and something for christmas, so I just took some crap from other comix and ideas I wasnt gunna use ans slopped it 2gether.
*burns*

THANK YOU! man Your My Fav MegaMan Fan, can you please tell this to Shuma, that guy is breathing down my neck again and bringing up old RIDLEY stuff...kinda freaks me out. I really think he wants to kill me or something.
It's all right, I know there was no harm intended. It just so happens X got the worst of the "bad gifts". Everything's all good so long as you make a continuing comic where Megaman receives a "Just kidding, you're in Brawl afterall!" letter from Sakurai, if he's confirmed for Brawl for real. ;)

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Well In my LONG Turny Sprite Comic from a while back, MegaMan fights his way through a few battles, wins each one, same as Sonic.
And in the Finals its MegaMan & Sonic Vs Ridley and they are an awesome Team, want me to post the slides from that comic where MegaMan owns everyone?
But maybe i shouldnt, dont wanna make the Ridley fans angry, ur call. MegaMan Rocks Knuckles if that makes ya feel better.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
So what do you think of this

MM deconfirmed....you'd think that would be over by now..
It made me sniker. but not because of the megaman deconfirmation thing. well, maybe IDK realy. its hard to explain.
Huh? Well i didnt care back then cause they ticked me off, but lets not get into that.
Please, Lawl, i cant take t anymore. haha.

Wanna see MegaMan kick @$$ in my old comic or no?
I would like too take a look-see at them.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The comic would have been ten times cooler, if Mega Man would have just blown Sonic's head away.

Megaman deconfirmed? BAH! HUMBUG!

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Well In my LONG Turny Sprite Comic from a while back, MegaMan fights his way through a few battles, wins each one, same as Sonic.
And in the Finals its MegaMan & Sonic Vs Ridley and they are an awesome Team, want me to post the slides from that comic where MegaMan owns everyone?
But maybe i shouldnt, dont wanna make the Ridley fans angry, ur call. MegaMan Rocks Knuckles if that makes ya feel better.
MM & Sonic vs Ridley in the finals? That could be cool to see. Or just the MM parts if you would rather.

Megaman vs Knuckles should suffice.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
See, I Like MegaMan, hes cool!
(please dont take offence Ridley fans, this is old news)
And Sonic gets his face chared, happy Aqua Rock X? haha.
Yeah, and the fact that you used sprites from my favorite X game only doubles my glee. :grin: You have redeemed yourself! LOL!! :laugh:

X is just too good!

Edit: Well, the updates have resumed. I really hope MM becomes revealed this week, because this is the last week I'll be able to pull all-nighters online.

Cless

Smash Champion
Meh, X is ok.

Anyway, I found the music for just about every Mega Man game.

Also, Flutter vs. Gesselschaft for Brawl. Namco X Capcom version.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am really becoming sick and tired of everyone saying Megaman can not be in Brawl, just because of that stupid podcast. Even though HE HIMSELF said Megaman could still get in Brawl! No one can even stand the fact that there are many possibilities to the equasion, like he was lying, he did not know if his superiors agreed to him, if it was a play on words like THEY did not ask him, but HE did; or if Nintendo just has been working on him and maybe JUST NOW included him.

I mean Inafune did not just say, "Nope Megaman is not in" and just leave it at that, he spent the remainder of the time saying how he might still be in. Plus, based upon things Nintendo has said like, "We are bringing the greatest fighters from around the gaming industry," and "We are in negotiations with several companies," as well as the fact that Capcom IS involved with Brawl! I noticed he did not say that Megaman "did not work out" or that "Nintendo has not shown any interest in him," he simply said HE (a singular word meaning Inafune) has not been contacted, Inafune does not OWN Megaman, and he has no control (or knowledge on several cases) on Megaman's happenings. That is why X6 was created without his knowledge, and the fact that he wants to create Legends 3, but Capcom will not let him. He has no control over Megaman, and Nintendo would more likely to go to the president of Capcom and not Inafune, since Inafune is only the Vice-President of Marketing, which deals with Capcom games, not Nintendo. I am just so sick of all the hate and ignorance, the fact that people can not even use their brains to just think a moment on the fallicies of it all is just plain mind blowing. I almost wish Ness was confirmed to return in Brawl...

Anyways, I had to rant. I figured I am safe here and will not get chewed out for stating a fact of truth about Capcom and Inafune.

Cless

Smash Champion
Sorry to steal your thunder, but I and many others have brought up the points in that post on multiple occasions. Also, Inafune leads R&D and Online Business.

I thought about something else for the podcast, but I can't remember what it was. :laugh: Oh well, I'll remember eventually.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now, wait a second. Where are you pulling this from?
1: the "negotiations" comment was made back in late 2006 when Miyamoto and Sakurai were talking about third party characters in Brawl.

2: Capcom is secretly revealed to be in Brawl because there is a musician in there that comes from Capcom. Just like how they had a Sega musician in there before Sonic was revealed, and how they had a Konami musician. But we all know why he was there; there also happens to be a few Square musicians, probably Geno or something.

Sorry to steal your thunder, but I and many others have brought up the points in that post on multiple occasions. Also, Inafune leads R&D and Online Business.

I thought about something else for the podcast, but I can't remember what it was. Oh well, I'll remember eventually.
It is fine if it has already been said, I just needed to get this off my chest.

Megaman 4 Brawl!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
1: the "negotiations" comment was made back in late 2006 when Miyamoto and Sakurai were talking about third party characters in Brawl.

2: Capcom is secretly revealed to be in Brawl because there is a musician in there that comes from Capcom. Just like how they had a Sega musician in there before Sonic was revealed, and how they had a Konami musician. But we all know why he was there; there also happens to be a few Square musicians, probably Geno or something.

It is fine if it has already been said, I just needed to get this off my chest.

Megaman 4 Brawl!
I dont like saying this but the musicians have no real effect on who gets in. sure there are a few third party musicians who also happen to be from companies we expect third parties from, but that doesnt mean they themselfs can influence the game this way. after all, I am almost positive every one of them has helped make a song for nintendo in some way before(theres also the X music update comment). however if these composers happen to have only worked on/or majority of music for a specific series(AKA someone who only made music for a specific megaman series), then we would know for sure wether or not he is affiliated for said character.

quikly, we must find out who the composer from capcom is!(if we already know) then we must find out what games/series he/she made music for!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I dont like saying this but the musicians have no real effect on who gets in. sure there are a few third party musicians who also happen to be from companies we expect third parties from, but that doesnt mean they themselfs can influence the game this way. after all, I am almost positive every one of them has helped make a song for nintendo in some way before(theres also the X music update comment). however if these composers happen to have only worked on/or majority of music for a specific series(AKA someone who only made music for a specific megaman series), then we would know for sure wether or not he is affiliated for said character.

quikly, we must find out who the composer from capcom is!(if we already know) then we must find out what games/series he/she made music for!

Here is the list:

Konami: Metal Gear Solid 4 musician
Sega: Nights musician
Capcom: Devil May Cry 4/Monster Hunter musician
Square: Kingdom Hearts musician

Granted, the games they composed for is not significant because that would mean Nights was in and not Sonic, but it DOES show company involvement. >_>

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Do not forget, they could also be hiding musicians like they did with Hirokazu Tanaka and Jun Senoue. So if Megaman is in Brawl, they could hide someone like Shinji Hosoe (Megaman Network Transmission composer) as a musician.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I would think that the copyrights would be a better indicator than musician involvement.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Here is the list:

Konami: Metal Gear Solid 4 musician
Sega: Nights musician
Capcom: Devil May Cry 4/Monster Hunter musician
Square: Kingdom Hearts musician

Granted, the games they composed for is not significant because that would mean Nights was in and not Sonic, but it DOES show company involvement. >_>
ok from the looks of it the musicians they got have mostly nothing to do with the series represented so far, or hope to be represented. but the company involvement is a plus for megaman and geno(and sadly even sora with this look at it.)

EDIT: I forgot about the hidding of musicians thing, thats a good point maybe so.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I would think that the copyrights would be a better indicator than musician involvement.
They add the copyrights when a character from the respective companies is revealed. When Sonic was revealed the added the "Sega" copyright on the bottom. If Megaman is updated soon, they will add "Capcom" at the bottom as well.

Cless

Smash Champion
Actually, I'd say throwing Kingdom Hearts up there hurts Sora's chances. Sakurai was hiding obvious 3rd party musicians such a Jun Senoue. Why wouldn't he do that with Yoko Shimomura with respect to KH?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Actually, I'd say throwing Kingdom Hearts up there hurts Sora's chances. Sakurai was hiding obvious 3rd party musicians such a Jun Senoue. Why wouldn't he do that with Yoko Shimomura with respect to KH?
Exactly, if we would have know that Jun Senoue was a musician that would have confirmed Megaman; so they throw in the Nights composer. Same thin with Megaman, they throw in the DMC composer, but hidden could be someone like Shinji Hosoe.

Cless

Smash Champion
I hope not. I would almost rather not have Mega Man if it meant the BN version. The only reason I'd even want him is the fringe benefits of the Mega Man universe.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hope not. I would almost rather not have Mega Man if it meant the BN version. The only reason I'd even want him is the fringe benefits of the Mega Man universe.
What? When did I ever say anything about Megaman.EXE? I am saying I want Shinji Hosoe to do Megaman's music; even though Megaman Network Transmission was one of the worst Megaman games, the music was absolutely, utterly FABULOUS! If Classic Megaman got in I would want Shinji Hosoe to do some remixes of classic music like Snakeman, Dr. Wily, etc...

That is all I am saying, just like Jun Senoue did a remix of Angel Island and will probably do some more, I would like Shinji to remix some Megaman tunes. ^_^

Darn that soundtrack was good.

Ignoring my post doesn't help your argument...

The composer for Ape Escape, a Sony-owned franchise, is working on Brawl.

Under your logic, there is either an Ape Escape rep or Sony is working on Brawl.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ignoring my post doesn't help your argument...

The composer for Ape Escape, a Sony-owned franchise, is working on Brawl.

Under your logic, there is either an Ape Escape rep or Sony is working on Brawl.
Wth? Ignoring your post, I did not even see your post. The Ape Escape composer (one of my favorites by the way) is a freelance composers who mainly works on the Ape Excape series, and also under your logic that means Dante and Sora are in Brawl. I am simply pointing out that both Konami and Sega had musicians working in Brawl, and we also have Capcom and Square. Since Geno and Megaman are the most requested characters next to Sonic, it makes sense to put 2 and 2 together.

Splid Snake is primarily a Sony series, but why the heck is he in? It does not mean Sony is involved because Konami is not owned by him. Same thing with Capcom and Square.

Cless

Smash Champion
While that is true, the logic Starphoenix was using is that ab obvious Mega Man composer would be hidden as Jun Senoue was. The logic I'm using (assuming the composers have anything to do with anything) is that saying what series the composer is noted for actually hurts the chances of characters from that series because that would be too obvious. I also use Jun Senoue for this argument.

That's not logic, that's a guess.

You can't use a list of composers, many of whom aren't on a leash by the companies they make music for, to argue that the company itself is involved.

If Akira Toriyama did character design for the SSE, would that mean Square Enix and Mistwalker were involved as well?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
You see the DMC composer is currently active in Capcom much the same as the Nights composer is, so the fact that he is CURRENTLY composing for DMC4 obviously shows that he had to take some time out to double work, Capcom would not interrupt the development of another game for just some measly little remixes in another companies game unless they had some sort of investment in it. SO it is just plain logical to see that obviously Capcom is involved with the game because they have a character in it.

Than the next thing is finding which Capcom character it is, considering NO other Capcom character but Megaman was voted for (highly at that,) it makes perfect sense for Capcom to take away some time from their other games if they had someone like Megaman in.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

You can't use a list of composers, many of whom aren't on a leash by the companies they make music for, to argue that the company itself is involved.

If Akira Toriyama did character design for the SSE, would that mean Square Enix and Mistwalker were involved as well?
Than might I ask what is logical to you? Because I am not the one who wanted the Slime from Dragon Warrior as a playable character...

Cless

Smash Champion

That's why I said assuming composers had anything to do with anything. If Akira Toriyama was working on character designs, I would expect Bird Studios to be involved with it and nothing more.

And it's Dragon Quest, Star. Crappy localization ftl.

1. Does that have anything to do with anything? The fact that I would like to see Slime playable does not have anything to do with you reading way too much into a list of musicians who are, in almost all cases, are acting independently from their respective company.

2. And like I said, the fact that he works with Capcom often does not mean that Capcom dictates every crap he takes.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
1. Does that have anything to do with anything? The fact that I would like to see Slime playable does not have anything to do with you reading way too much into a list of musicians who are, in almost all cases, are acting independently from their respective company.
Did you even read my post about the DMC composer?! Why would Capcom interfere with the development of one of their own games if there was not some sort of invested interest in Brawl on Capcom's behalf. Yes it is a popular game and yes composers act on their own, but when he is already working on a project, I fail too see Capcom allowing him to be interrupted for anything else.

Top Bottom