• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Cless

Smash Champion
Wow, no offense, but you need to increase you Mega Man knowledge. Every robot master is weak to one of the weapons in every Mega Man 2d platformer.

Cless

Smash Champion
I know. I can't be too hard on you because I can't remember if I knew that going into my first Mega Man game, or if I figured it out myself.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
It's confirmed, then. Megaman's not in Brawl.

**** Nintendo straight to hell. I'm glad I just got a 360.

Cinder

Smash Master
no you're gay
Dude, don't feed the troll...he's doing the same thing in the Krystal thread...I already reported him, and PM'ed Kokichi...he's as good as banned...

So, I haven't been here in a while...what's up? I assume y'all have been discussing the interview...it's a shame...hope Megaman's still in...imo, this doesn't ruin him completely, but hurts him a bit...

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Dude, don't feed the troll...he's doing the same thing in the Krystal thread...I already reported him, and PM'ed Kokichi...he's as good as banned...

So, I haven't been here in a while...what's up? I assume y'all have been discussing the interview...it's a shame...hope Megaman's still in...imo, this doesn't ruin him completely, but hurts him a bit...
It does, but I'm still hoping. I haven't been around here in a while either. I recently just started playing Megaman again and now I'm curious to see him in Brawl :(. So have you guys talked about Megaman's FS?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
now back on topic:

it is very disheartning. there is so much paperwork to do and they would of had to started to work on his model and everything. if you ask me judging by the current release date it is looking bleek. But it has shown the creator shows some interest in brawl. take that as a positive.

Cless

Smash Champion
I think we were going with Hyper Mega Man or something with Protoman.

We've been up and down on this thread about how the interview doesn't mean much. Can we talk about something else? It's been talked to death.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
man this thread has such a crappy 1st post. Have you agreed on a move-set. i would really like too see one
We haven't agreed on just one complete moveset (Megaman is REALLY versatile, so that's difficult), but here's mine.

Moveset

Normal Attacks:
AAA: Punch, Punch, Kick

Forward Tilt: Slash Claw

Up Tilt: Light Uppercut

Down Tilt: Low kick

Forward Smash: Flame Sword

Up Smash: High Kick

Down Smash: Sweep

Running attack: Slide

Aerials

Up Air: Mega Uppercut

Natural Air: Top Spin

Down Air: Charge Kick

Forward Air: Forward Punch

Back Air: Backwards Kick

Special moves

B: Buster - Chargeable, with massive damage but no knockback.
^B: Rush Jet - Megaman rides Rush Jet for 2-3 secs in any direction.
>B: Mega Ball - Megaman kicks the Mega Ball into incoming opponents. The Mega Ball becomes an item for any character if stationary.
v B: Tornado Hold - Megaman fires a powerful tornado that traps an opponent for 2 secs.

Final Smash
Rush Adaptor - Megaman dons his Rush adaptor suit and power is doubled. Duration is a full minute or until K.O.ed.

Gaurd

Skull Barrier or Leaf Shield
We have some good movesets on pages 625 and 626. Here's a link.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72247&page=625

Or, alternatively you can just click the "view post" button on my quote.

Zevox

Smash Lord
man this thread has such a crappy 1st post. Have you agreed on a move-set. i would really like too see one
As others have said, with Mega Man, thats pretty well near impossible. First theres the fact that he has many different incarnations - 8 or 9 by now I think - each of which would have different moves, and of those there are two with large numbers of fans interested in them being the one in Brawl (classic Mega Man and Mega Man X), which makes agreeing on just one nigh impossible there. Add to it that each of those two has literally dozens - possibly over 100 - different moves in their own games alone that could be used, and you should get the picture.

Zevox

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
It usually does the job.

Or, if Capcom wanted something a bit more old-school flavored that could represent the company as whole...how about the Yashichi?

Cless

Smash Champion
If it was Mega Man.exe, I might just go into Endless Brawl and rubber band my control stick to the side and watch him walk off the stage for an hour just to increase his death count.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
The symbol for Megaman could either be his helmet, a mettaur, or as Xerroo suggests the E-tank. That's a good idea, I didn't even think of the E-tank as a candidate for his symbol.

The Met is generally used to represent the MM series, but I think the E-tank or helmet would work best for Smash.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It'd definately be his helment or, if it were Megaman X, it'd be the Maverick Hunter ensignia. You collect helmets are extra lives in a good number of Megaman names so that would probably be the safest bet.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Cry some MOAR, fanboy.
First, you said "moar"...how unoriginally unfunny. Second, God forbid you call me a "fanboy"...I'm sooo hurt.
If I wanted to purposely troll about a character, why the hell would I do it in here?
You know, that's a real good question....
*SIGH* Your constant whining of my post is doing nothing but making you look like a hypocrite. Either state why you disagree or just ignore it. I think you need to take your own advice, bud.
Yes, because I expressed distate towards a character which has no relation to the topic of this thread...so either you don't know what "hypocrite" means, or you just have Down's Syndrome. And I don't need to state why I agree or disagree...this ISN'T the Sonic thread.

I think it should his helmet for his icon.:cool:
I actually have a bit of a better idea. I'm sure all classic Mega Man gamers remeber the infamous 1-up item that resembled Mega Man's head....well there's our icon.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I sent off a question through Capcom's site:

Hello. I have a couple of quick questions for you,
though I'm not sure if the recipient of these
questions will have the authority or the resources to
answer them:

I am sure that Capcom has been receiving numerous
questions and requests for Mega Man to be in the
upcoming Nintendo game, Super Smash Bros Brawl for
the Wii console. As of the recent Podcast with Mega
Man creator Keiji Inafune, Nintendo has not asked if
they could use Mega Man in Brawl, causing fans to
believe that Mega Man's chances of inclusion are slim
to nothing at this point. This brings me to my
questions. Some fans are stating that the reasoning
behind this is because Nintendo and Capcom are not on
good terms with each other, probably due to the lack
of game content on Nintendo's systems. My questions
are, coming straight from Capcom, what is the
company's official standing with Nintendo, and do we
know for a fact that Mega Man is not going to be in
Smash Bros Brawl due to the recent creator interview?

If you can answer these questions, great. If not, I
shall expect the standard canned responses that are
sent out when specific questions cannot be answered.
As a long time fan of the Mega Man franchise, I can
only hope that the recent interview will not hinder
his chances of being in what hopes to be one of the
best selling video games in 2008.

Thanks for your time.
And here's the response I got:

Hello,

As far as I know we (Capcom) as a pretty good relationship Nintendo, we have released quite a few titles on both the Nintendo Wii and the DS. Remember we released RE 4 on the Gamecube then redid it for the Wii (which I think is the best version of the game). From a business stand point it wouldn't be smart to not have a good relationship with a major console developer. As for Mega Man appearing in the new Smash Bros game well we don't have any word information on that happening, if he did we would announce it on Capcom Unity.

CAPCOM Customer Support
Keep in mind that this response is coming from just one person on Capcom Customer Support. Speculate away.

Cless

Smash Champion
Customer support doesn't know what's going on. That letter didn't say anything that people didn't already know, and it's not guaranteed that Capcom would announce Mega Man's inclusion. We have no idea what kind of contract they could have drafted.

There's nothing really to speculate about.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Customer support are like the bottom-feeders of the company. They enjoy the fame involved with being a Capcom employee, but at the same time they don't do jack **** with regards to company output. We're better off waiting and hoping for the best.

Del Money

Smash Champion
At least he got a personalized response though.
Exactly...customer service is supposed to do that. Had he sent a letter to a corporate exec, he would've gotten some automated bull**** from some secretary or summat...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Customer Service personalized? Typos and grammar errors? Either Capcom has terrible customer service and hires randoms to answer personalized emails, or I call fake.

Top Bottom