• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree with Gimpy wholeheartedly. The RMB is probably the best support group on these Brawl boards (the S.S.S. had its moments of insanity and the MMPMA can be a little...angry at times, but they're still respectable. Kinda) . In fact, aside from Wiseguy's prediction thread, this is probably one of my favorite threads to sift through.

As for the whole "podcast ordeal," I still think there's an inkling of hope here. As Mr. Lukeman said, the Blue Bomber's chances are as high as they were prior to Inafune's statements. His comments did not confirm or deconfirm a thing. It was vague (not so sure if it was DELIBERATE, mind you).

Here's hoping for the best.

Smooth Criminal
This is why I like the whole Megaman thread. ...and use to the Geno thread before the GA was created...(Which somehow created wars)

The SSS did get in all those flame wars with RIDLEY

Cless

Smash Champion
I admit there still exists the chance that he is in.

But how blind can you be to suggest that his chances haven't changed, when Inafune said that as of three months before the completion of Brawl's development, Sakurai hasn't even come to him requesting to put Mega Man in? The fact is that before this podcast, Sakurai could have put him in whenever he wanted. Now, he has to have put him in in the last three months.
But Inafune doesn't have anything to do with whether or not Mega Man is used.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
true. he is mister megaman but megamans creation wasn't solely based on him and besides, he is property of capcom and they will use him if they want and its possible that they don't even have to let him know. so maybe inafune doesn't even know anything about megamans inclusion in brawl.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
But Inafune doesn't have anything to do with whether or not Mega Man is used.
well inafune VERY high up in capcom now, he oversees all the games they produce. he would definately know about it, unless it was a surprise for him.

but yeah, this podcast doesnt mean a thing imo

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, he's head of R&D and Online Business. I don't know what that entails, but it doesn't necessarily mean that he knows all the going ons of the company, but I agree that he'd probably hear or know something. Apparently, he's working on a Wii game now.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Furthermore, I don't think Inafume would have lead on thousands of fans with a line like "There's still time" and "Maybe if someone at Nintendo hears this podcast, they can give me a call" etc. etc. if he knew that all the megaman fans would be let down. If you actually take the time to listen to how the translator translates these words, you will note the playfulness in his voice.
Eventhough I don't really care if Megaman is in or not, lukeman brings up a very good point here. There's no reason for Inafume to mention time being left if Megaman truely had no chance of being in brawl.

domriver

Smash Lord
Eventhough I don't really care if Megaman is in or not, lukeman brings up a very good point here. There's no reason for Inafume to mention time being left if Megaman truely had no chance of being in brawl.
... certainly raises an eyebrow. :D True though Inafume isn't aware of all Mega Man games. Mega Man X6 people? He didn't know about that. It is quite possible that Capcom kept him from knowing anything at all of Mega Man in Brawl.

Cless

Smash Champion
... certainly raises an eyebrow. :D True though Inafume isn't aware of all Mega Man games. Mega Man 6 people? He didn't know about that. It is quite possible that Capcom kept him from knowing anything at all of Mega Man in Brawl.
Mega Man X6, not 6.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I see we are still discussing the podcast, and we have approval from Gimpy.

I forgot to congratulate you BlueBomber for getting your question read to Mr. Inafune. Who would have thought you would cause such a stir, huh?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
sorry i havent been here in a while guys :( . im at my moms house for christmas break and dial up + swf = phail lol

did i miss anything???

and for those of you who dont know the podcast took place no earlier then december 4th
Welcome back. It's good to have our leader during these last weeks of Brawl speculation. The RMB will rise to the top and celebrate together if Megaman's in or go down fighting together if he's out. It's not as if the latter is gonna happen though :p. And no, you haven't missed anything except a few pages of the RMB comic.

That's true. Now that I think about it, this interview only RAISES MM chances!

He's not in by the time the podcast is there, his chances are so low. His statement says that there is still time to put him in. That means exactly what it sounds like it means - he believes they have enough time to put him in and in turn put him in.

And the notion that Inafune wouldn't know is silly. He obviously is of the opinion that he would know if MM was in Brawl or not, meaning he most likely knows all the going-ons of the Mega Man franchise, including his inclusion in another company's video game. If he didn't believe that he would know this no matter what, he wouldn't have stated that MM wasn't in.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I forgot to congratulate you BlueBomber for getting your question read to Mr. Inafune. Who would have thought you would cause such a stir, huh?
i know! for a second i almost regretted asking it lol

Welcome back. It's good to have our leader during these last weeks of Brawl speculation. The RMB will rise to the top and celebrate together if Megaman's in or go down fighting together if he's out. It's not as if the latter is gonna happen though :p. And no, you haven't missed anything except a few pages of the RMB comic.

That's true. Now that I think about it, this interview only RAISES MM chances!
we're together until the end. and i felt the interview raised his chances as well. it showed that inafune knows about brawl and wants mm in. and we already knew that sakurai knew about mega man and was interested so.....you do the math;)

Cless

Smash Champion
He's not in by the time the podcast is there, his chances are so low. His statement says that there is still time to put him in. That means exactly what it sounds like it means - he believes they have enough time to put him in and in turn put him in.

And the notion that Inafune wouldn't know is silly. He obviously is of the opinion that he would know if MM was in Brawl or not, meaning he most likely knows all the going-ons of the Mega Man franchise, including his inclusion in another company's video game. If he didn't believe that he would know this no matter what, he wouldn't have stated that MM wasn't in.
Do you know what the contract drafted between Capcom and Nintendo would entail should Mega Man be included in the game? Can you say with 100% certainty that there would be no confidentiality clause in the contract? Did Sega go prancing around with Sonic's inclusion because he had to have been added a while before E for All to have been in a playable form for the event?

It doesn't matted if Inafune is of the opinion that he'd know or not. He doesn't have to know ALL the goings on of Mega Man. He hasn't in the past, he doesn't have to now. Mega Man's inclusion in Brawl doesn't have anything to do with Capcom's R&D or Capcom's Online Business as far as I know. There's no specific reason that he'd have to know unless he was a board member or something.

I guess you're right - Inafine doesn't have every single piece of info bout Mega Man. So baiscally, we're to assume that he holds this info, even though he doesn't?

binki4

Smash Apprentice
that,s right about sakurai and inafune because kirby and megaman had their copy abillity that why sakurai interest for and he put megaman on the sakurai poll but megaman was not in smashbros and smash bros melee but it will be a time to put megaman in smash bros brawl or it will be too late to put him in and i hope ya crossing your fingers for megaman apearance for smash bros brawl and it will be time to put him or it will be too late to him in

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
I guess you're right - Inafine doesn't have every single piece of info bout Mega Man. So baiscally, we're to assume that he holds this info, even though he doesn't?
You're missing the point. You shouldn't take Inafune's statement "We still have time left" (to put him in) literally, because that would be ludicrous. If Nintendo had REALLY not started any sort of work on implementing megaman into brawl, less than 2 months would be enough time to get his boots done. Maybe.

That's just a silly example but you know what I mean. Inafune is a game designer and has even recently been working with very complex 3d games a la Dead Rising, Resident Evil 4, and now Bionic Commando (which I am stoked for). He knows what it takes to do this or that in the industry so making comments that just make him look stupid probably isn't something he spends a lot of time practicing.

No, what I think is going on here is that Inafune does indeed know exactly what is going on with megaman and brawl and is simply refusing to let out the details. He never actually said "megaman isn't in brawl", he said "nintendo hasn't called me". Some people, including myself, have already brought up the logistics of that statement: Nintendo probably doesn't actually speak to Inafune when they want to use a CAPCOM character. Like I said before, Inafune is not a pencil pusher, and Nintendo, more likely than not, does not have to get permission from him.

So yes, if you take Inafune's statement "we still have time" literally, then you would be quite right in your assessment that there is no way megaman would make it into brawl (assuming no work had already been started). That's a no brainer. However, if you take Inafune's statement with a grain of salt and note the fact that it sounded like he was hiding something, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that there is "more than meets the eye" with Inafune. He probably knows megaman is in Brawl but is simply beating around the bush, because I'm sure it's up to Nintendo to release that information and not Inafune.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
exactly. but now what i am worried about is HOW he is revealed. as in not revealing him at all and having to wait and play the game and figure out that hes a SECRET UNLOCKABLE. i mean that still would be amazing but i couldn't take waiting and not knowing.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
exactly. but now what i am worried about is HOW he is revealed. as in not revealing him at all and having to wait and play the game and figure out that hes a SECRET UNLOCKABLE. i mean that still would be amazing but i couldn't take waiting and not knowing.
I guess we'll just have to wait and find out. If I was in charge of choosing the starting roster, I would put megaman up with the rest of them, and not as an unlockable. He is such an established character that I think he, and the fans, deserve that. However, I say this, and yet Captain Falcon has been an unlockable character. Although I have never been a fan of the F-Zero series, I know it has a large fan base and Falcon is also very well established, though not so much, I think, as megaman.

If I was to look at it realistically, I would have to say that Megaman will be unlockable. There are only going to be what, like 2-3, maybe 4 third-party characters? Snake and Sonic have already been revealed (which surprises me); I thought they would keep characters like that hush hush. Perhaps they are tucking megaman away to be unlocked in the campaign somewhere -- this is most likely the case. As to whether or not he will be announced prior to release is unknown. It would be a smart decision because everyone would say "megaman's in brawl" to their friends, and this could attract previously un-interested individuals to the game.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Wow, the R.M.B. is Gimpy approved now... I've been gone too long (funny since im supposed to be the informant). So guys, what's new outside of the podcast debates?

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the R.M.B. is Gimpy approved now... I've been gone too long (funny since im supposed to be the informant). So guys, what's new outside of the podcast debates?
Nothing....It's almost impossible to shake this topic off of this thread now. If they added Snake and Sonic there is not a snowball's chance in hell that Mega Man won't make it. Unless Sakurai hates Mega Man or something...Or if Geno somehow takes the last third party slot.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
well geno would most likely be the next choice AFTER megaman. he is competition but not anything near the popularity needed for this last third party spot, its gotta be megaman!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
well geno would most likely be the next choice AFTER megaman. he is competition but not anything near the popularity needed for this last third party spot, its gotta be megaman!
Geno is a Mario character and will be in as a Mario character, no matter who technically owns him

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i will say that the megaman fans will be disapointed when megaman is not in smash bros brawl and they will not like it so watch out for that megaman appearance and no one is gonna take that 3rd shot of the third party only megman will take that third-party shot.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
very true, he IS the only choice for this spot, no one else has big enough boots to fill the void for him!

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
No matter how you stack it, Capcom has got to have their hands in this some way. Whether it be Megaman (which is the most logical) or whatever.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
heh, your probably right. he did sound kinda funny in that dumb podcast, yep it's all a big funny game to inafune while we wait months on end for megaman to be revealed.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
To The R.M.B

At what point should we all exchange friend codes?

Will those of us in the East be able to connect with you guys in the West? (Sorry Storm Eagle:()

Will I even be able to play Aqua Rock X? (Virginia-Tennessee)

I just kind of realized we may not be able to play each other.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah we can play against each other, remember sakurai said u cna play with anyone in the wrold, but the farther they are, the more lag there is...

anyway yeah as soon as brawl is released I wanna play u guys...

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but there's a point where lag becomes unplayable
I have a friend who lives in Saltillo, Mexico, and we play halo 3 all of the time. If both parties have a solid, fast connection, playing cross-country is not that big of deal. I am in MO and get matched up with people all over the states all time time.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I have a friend who lives in Saltillo, Mexico, and we play halo 3 all of the time. If both parties have a solid, fast connection, playing cross-country is not that big of deal. I am in MO and get matched up with people all over the states all time time.
XBL and Wii's WiFi are completely different. I really hope lag with Brawl is not an issue. We're all looking forward to online, but not if it becomes unplayable.

Cless

Smash Champion
Am I in the RMB? I never officially joined.

Anyway, I don't think that across the country lag will be too big a deal. Across oceans we might have some problems.

Top Bottom