• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
You just dont quit, do ya Stryks...I'm done...
PLEASE be done. Your trolling wont be tolerated here.

Just so you know Gimpy, the mega man thread is a respectable one where people can come and discuss the possibilities of mega man in brawl. We do not flame. Ill make sure that RMB knows that, cuz i would hate to see this thread closed because of a few bad apples

Also @ Cless and Hunter-X, i approve of both of you ;)

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Why does everyone dislike X6???
X5 I understand...
With black devil -shudder- and such anyone could see that as a low point for the X series...
But I found X6 to be a step up from X5...
Zero's overpowering aside (Im a Zero user anyway)...
X7 is somewhere between the two in my opinion...
And X8 is currently in Limbo as far as Im concerned... (havent played it in a LONG while)...
So please enlighten me as to why X6 is in your bottom levels of opinion...

EDIT: Im eagerly awaiting Hunter-X and Cless' input on the RMB forums...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
PLEASE be done. Your trolling wont be tolerated here.

Just so you know Gimpy, the mega man thread is a respectable one where people can come and discuss the possibilities of mega man in brawl. We do not flame. Ill make sure that RMB knows that, cuz i would hate to see this thread closed because of a few bad apples

Also @ Cless and Hunter-X, i approve of both of you ;)
Even though I disagree about some of the thoughts of the people here (like the MM podcast debate), I do agree that this thread is one of the more respectable ones for characters.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Why does everyone dislike X6???
X5 I understand...
With black devil -shudder- and such anyone could see that as a low point for the X series...
But I found X6 to be a step up from X5...
Zero's overpowering aside (Im a Zero user anyway)...
X7 is somewhere between the two in my opinion...
And X8 is currently in Limbo as far as Im concerned... (havent played it in a LONG while)...
So please enlighten me as to why X6 is in your bottom levels of opinion...

EDIT: Im eagerly awaiting Hunter-X and Cless' input on the RMB forums...
what i want to know is why everyone hates X7 and X8. if you cant get over the fact that Axl exists as a major character those games were pretty fun imo.

I broke my ps2 controller fighting Red in X7, good times good times....

Cless

Smash Champion
I didn't find X7 all that hard, but I just hated the fact that X was unlockable and the pseudo-3d aspect of the game. Come on, X unlockable? That's like having Mario unlockable in a Mario game.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I didn't find X7 all that hard, but I just hated the fact that X was unlockable and the pseudo-3d aspect of the game. Come on, X unlockable? That's like having Mario unlockable in a Mario game.
it wasnt that hard but i kept getting screwed by that ******* Red. Every time i fought him i would get his health down to where he literally need one more shot to die, and then i would fall in the gaps between the cliffs, lol. after about ten tries i threw my controller down and broke the R2 button lol

oh and i definitely approve of you and hunter-x for RMB

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
I broke my ps2 controller fighting Red in X7, good times good times....
I broke a window/controller just after beating Red.,.
Why???
...I died...
That was a hard end-area...
I didnt like X7/8 because...well it didnt control well...
It was awkward transitioning between 2D and 3D...
The "citizens" were almost all set where either A. you were using X with full armor or B. you die immediately after...
Axl was cool...
As a concept Axl is great...
As a character Axl is...passable...
Another thing that irritated me was that the bosses were set so that Zero couldnt fight them as well as Axl or X...
Im best as Zero...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
I like what Axl did at the end of X8 :) thats when he earned my respect.

I just used X and Zero in both games so i know what you mean about zero. he loses health too easily on the bosses. i basically used him as a subtank for X

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
You know what's funny in regards to me and the X series? I absolutely think 1 - 6 were the best ones (surprisingly enough X6 is in my personal top three). I believe X7 was a falling point (funny since I like Axl as the "third Musketeer") and X8 was a desperate attempt to wrap up the "filler" arc of the copy chip reploids. Now if only they'd make X9 and get back to TEH WILY AVATARS!!!11!! lol

Also, am i the only one who thinks, excluding Maverick Hunter X, that all Megaman X games should have that X4 - X6 sprite look? I dunno, i just can't seem to like the 3-D models for things...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
oh you guys are probably the best of the communities from what I've seen as far as lack of spam/flaming goes

good stuff megaman peoples haha

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Also, am i the only one who thinks, excluding Maverick Hunter X, that all Megaman X games should have that X4 - X6 sprite look? I dunno, i just can't seem to like the 3-D models for things...
well the problem with the 3d on x7 was that it was cell shaded. and for x8 they kind of redesigned everyone (made them skinner )

i think if they just stuck to the true formula like MHX, then they would be fine

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Since we're talking about some X and Zero related things, I thought I'd share my past and present thoughts on the matter. Back in my days in the MM community (good times ^^) I used to judge X7, X8, Axl, and the Zero Series quite harshly.

X7 - I felt this game had poor music and I hated how it introduced Axl.

X8 - I thought had very weak gameplay and was overrated as the "game that brought the X series back to it's roots." Didn't live up to X1-X4.

Axl - I was one of the more vocal anti-Axlists because I thought was just too arrogant for a newbie and too quick to join the ranks of X and Zero.

Zero Series - I thought the Zero Series was the greatest evil of them all. I felt the Elf Wars limited what the X series could do with it's characters and the thought of Zero having his own series that succeeds X's spotlight in addition to stealing X's was just unfair to X fans.

Now, looking back on my older years, I realize just what kind of killjoy I was being. With the lack awesome MM games nowadays, even X7 looks good. I still think X8 could've had slightly better gameplay, but the story does X justice and fleshes out the HQ headquartes quite nicely. Playing as the navigators = ownage. I used to complain about Sigma's demise in X8, but now I think it's quite a fitting end for him. Axl isn't so bad, in fact, he was extremely useful in Command Mission. And the Zero Series music is just too incredible to hate the series for. That, and I'll admit hacking things is fun in Zero's games.

And we have two new RMB members? Cool! Come to think of it Storm Eagle hasn't joined either.

Edit: And MEGAMAN IS BRAWL!!!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
speaking of commander sigma, if they ever make another X game, he HAS TO COME BACK! i was disappointed with fighting lumine at the end of x8. and i still dont know if it was a guy or a girl

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
That's one thing I want to see changed... the focus needs to be equal in regards to the three main characters in the X series... Also if you want to talk about what limits the charaters' potentials = Mega Man ZX. Seriously, while I like the games, if all we're ever going to see of prominent X/Zero series characters is a cool pendant with a soul in it and maybe one or two "cool transformations" I'll feel very sad for them all.

EDIT - lol, Lumine... I thought for sure he was a girl until the last CG cutscene in X8

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
speaking of commander sigma, if they ever make another X game, he HAS TO COME BACK! i was disappointed with fighting lumine at the end of x8. and i still dont know if it was a guy or a girl
Err... well IMO Sigma's permanent death in X8 represents the passing of old, the coming of the new age of Reploids and all that other stuff. :p Heh, I used to hate how X8 was Sigma's final game, and how underwhelming his supposed final battle was. In all the years X and Zero have fought Sigma, who knew their final confrontation would be one battle where Sigma literally looks like crap and is pathetically weak. Although, now I think it's cool how after all the years Sigma has manipulated other reploids, he himself spent his final days one-uped and outdone by one reploid.

And yeah, Lumine is one creepy dude.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
why?? megaman aint cool! :ohwell:
You just dont quit, do ya Stryks...I'm done...
Why do you flame every character that's not Takamaru?
He's a troll and a worthless member of the smashboards community.

Norio Wakamoto may be the manliest voice actor ever, but Tomokazu Seki is by far the most ridiculous.

Link, sooo off topic. Not even the same company.

I mean, I like every Mega Man game outside of BN and SF, but X5, X6, and X7 felt like chores to play through.
Battle Network's battle system is good. You guys should really honestly try MMBN3, or something! >_< Not 4 or 5...when Megaman's"father" doesn't build it, it fails. 6 was a good return to greatness and ending though, unlike X8. X8 had some bad control spots. >_< And Megaman X5 and X4 are awsome! They were the only X games I remember ever really getting into. I played X3 a bit, but X4 and X5 pleased me enough, and were AWSOME!

im back home finally, anything good happen? or just the podcast debate?
Nothing much. Mega Man and Sonic are such big series that you can talk about a wide array of things that could relate to their Brawl movesets (well, would have, with Sonic) that it's almost hard to get off topic in all honesty! :laugh:

And gimpyfish, it's great to know we're appreciated! :) Good thing we aren't like the Ridley fanbase...ergh! As a Ridley supporter they enrage me! :mad: I'm actually glad Ridley threads are banned on the smashboards. Basically the Roy for Brawl and Megaman for Brawl fanbases are indefinitely the best, as bluebomber22 and ChronoBound are two of the most respected and polite members of the smashboards.

Anyways...I'm tempted to bring up old never dying debates. Who else thinks Mega Man needs his signature power stealing KO-taking abiliities=??? I mean c'mon, he's been robbing robot masters of their powers 5 years before Kirby's first game, and it's one of his signature moves, like the power slide, mega buster, and charge fire. Plus, it could be awsome, and have some intresting gun morphing buster ideas. Like the Z Saber, X gun, Fire Man Buster fire, or something.

Any thoughts on Mega Man'spower stealing abilities being a part of his Brawl moveset=???

And Aqua Rock X, way to speak the truth!

MEGAMAN IS BRAWL! :)

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't want to try Battle Network. The game does not appeal to me.

There's so many ways the power stealing could work. I really want it to be part of his moveset because that's an integral part of Mega Man. Even in MvC you could call Eddie and change powers.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Anyways...I'm tempted to bring up old never dying debates. Who else thinks Mega Man needs his signature power stealing KO-taking abiliities=??? I mean c'mon, he's been robbing robot masters of their powers 5 years before Kirby's first game, and it's one of his signature moves, like the power slide, mega buster, and charge fire. Plus, it could be awsome, and have some intresting gun morphing buster ideas. Like the Z Saber, X gun, Fire Man Buster fire, or something.

Any thoughts on Mega Man'spower stealing abilities being a part of his Brawl moveset=???

And Aqua Rock X, way to speak the truth!

MEGAMAN IS BRAWL! :)
qft. even though im still neutral on the power stealing things:)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ I actually posted somewhere of like 40 some odd powers Mega Man could get from stealing powers from certain characters that are confirmed in Brawl, unconfirmed Melee veterans, and potentail newcomers.

The one thing that really bugs me about Mega Man games are sequals. THERE ARE ALWAYS SEQUALS! At least Mega Man 8 and Mega Man Battle Network 6 ended their series on a high note (despite being almost as easy as 4 and 5). X8 ended it on a great note-but the rest of the series had such a high calibur of gameplay and whatnot. Zero 4 was kinda wierd. I only really like Mega Man Zero 1 and 2 to begin with! >_< If they want to end a Mega Man series-end it on a high note.

As for Battle Network, it doesn't appeal to many people-but I always like the battle system. It's basic-but it was kinda like what I wated Pokémon to be-a action-RPG game. Ahh well, at least they were great fun! :)

Edit: Either way with power stealing, I'm pleased as long as Mega Man is in Brawl. Though I prefer it as a cool extra, like Kirby with the Kirby hats and swallowing his opponents and taking their powers.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Edit: Either way with power stealing, I'm pleased as long as Mega Man is in Brawl. Though I prefer it as a cool extra, like Kirby with the Kirby hats and swallowing his opponents and taking their powers.
as long as he can stand as a conpetetive character withou using it, im fine. if its just a nice bonus ill gladly take it

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
as long as he can stand as a conpetetive character withou using it, im fine. if its just a nice bonus ill gladly take it
If it was a part of his moveset-it would be a nB. Like after you KO a character, Mega Man gets their powers. Whoever Mega Man KOs last-he steals their powers. It would barely (if even) better then his Mega Buster. It'd just be a neat thing to have. O, and like Kirby, his taunts would need to get rid of it. As for him keeping it after he gets KO'd, I'm indecisive. Either way, it's not a big deal to me, as long as it isn't any stronger/weaker then the Mega Buster.

It'd be a neat extra to show off some of the overhead Mega Man series' powers and charactesr through Mega Man. From all the series- Classic, X, Legends, Zero, Battle Network, heck, even one or two from ZX and Star Force could make nice aditions. I think it would be a nice idea for a extra-but again, that's just me.

And IsmaR, you are welcome (for whatever I did! :laugh:). ;)

Cless

Smash Champion
You know I don't know about the powers now. They're mostly used for boss fights with the exception of the occasional utility power. Plus, he wouldn't get hats. He'd look weird. His color would change, which would end up being confusing as hell.

Well, no more updates for a while.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! *calms down* As much as most of us hate them, at least they are SOMETHING! Something tells me Youko and SamuraiPanda won't be big fans of this! :mad:

As for the power ups, just his guns would change some bit-or his arm would have a sword/whip thing come out instead. Maybe he'd get a specifically colored aura or something, but nothing too snazzy.

Cless

Smash Champion
New Years is one of the most important Japanese holidays. I think everyone gets off of work.

I dunno, I'm extremely indifferent about the whole situation now. I think it would be interesting if they took the MvC route and just gave him 3 powers and the Mega Buster to work with. You could switch them out with the dpad or something. Though he would have to have short taunts for that to be viable, and Mega Man could be taunting all the time. It'd be hilarious.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
im just popping in once again to check how things are...
I finally got my copy of megaman X collection, for real this time. I also got megaman aniversary collection too! so I have seriously enjoyed these last couple of days.(btw.psychoincarnate, X's full name IS megaman X, he was called this by both doctor light and...i think his name was sergei or something, also called him megaman X in game.)

P.s. I'll be around more often next week, its just that it is too much of a hassle to type on the Wii(as I am stuck doing so this week).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
New Years is one of the most important Japanese holidays. I think everyone gets off of work.

I dunno, I'm extremely indifferent about the whole situation now. I think it would be interesting if they took the MvC route and just gave him 3 powers and the Mega Buster to work with. You could switch them out with the dpad or something. Though he would have to have short taunts for that to be viable, and Mega Man could be taunting all the time. It'd be hilarious.
Ya, I figured as much. You think they would make someone work on each of the sites, but oh well. Nintendo, Sakurai, and whoever runs the dojo will make up for all the not very important updates we've had, and lack of character news (omfg! Kirby hats=ya, we knew that already, moron). And no Zelda updates since like forever, and same goes with no news or information on crawling. :(

im just popping in once again to check how things are...
I finally got my copy of megaman X collection, for real this time. I also got megaman aniversary collection too! so I have seriously enjoyed these last couple of days.(btw.psychoincarnate, X's full name IS megaman X, he was called this by both doctor light and...i think his name was sergei or something, also called him megaman X in game.)

P.s. I'll be around more often next week, its just that it is too much of a hassle to type on the Wii(as I am stuck doing so this week).
Ya, I've started playing my Mega Man 15th Anniversary Collection game again, and I FINALLLYYY beat Mega Man 8. Yipee=it really was as good as Mega Man 2! :) The gameplay of 8 was just incredible-the whole game was beautiful, and responded well (in terms of controls)! :)

Too bad we never got Mega Man 9. :( Maybe we can FINALLY get it in Brawl. Tell the tale of Mega Man (along with Meta Knight explained, along with maybe Kirby and a few other character revealations, like something [funny or meaningful to Metal Gear Solid] to Snake, and stuff with Sonic [vs. Mario]). And man, if Mega Man was in Brawl-Brawl's roster would be the closest thing to the perfect roster. That'd further the dream roster deal, and it would totally be epic. Here's to us hoping.

MEGA MAN IS BRAWL! :grin:

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Let me Just Clear This Up for you guys. what got the thought into your head that megaman would even stand a chance getting into the brawl? He's not even 4th party with nintendo you might aswell go get ratchet and clank or blinx the time sweeper and just toss them into the brawl. I want megaman in but guys no chance.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Let me Just Clear This Up for you guys. what got the thought into your head that megaman would even stand a chance getting into the brawl? He's not even 4th party with nintendo you might aswell go get ratchet and clank or blinx the time sweeper and just toss them into the brawl. I want megaman in but guys no chance.
If that wasn't flaming, I don't know what is..

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Seriously who is megaman to be put into the brawl it just doesnt make sense he has no connection with nintendo WHATSOEVER<<<<<<<Quote me on that if you will. the only connection is he has appeared on nintendo handhelds. Why Megaman? Why not banjo kazooie from my sig? Excatly theres hundreds of characters in the same position as megaman to enter the game and personally what makes him so special to slide into the game??

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seriously who is megaman to be put into the brawl it just doesnt make sense he has no connection with nintendo WHATSOEVER<<<<<<<Quote me on that if you will. the only connection is he has appeared on nintendo handhelds. Why Megaman? Why not banjo kazooie from my sig? Excatly theres hundreds of characters in the same position as megaman to enter the game and personally what makes him so special to slide into the game??
If you just said Megaman doesn't have connection to Nintendo history, you clearly don't know Nintendo history

He has more than almost ANY character in your sig...but maybe Ganondorf

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Oh He Does Does he? You Tell Me How Hes More Conected than anyone in my sig Except banjo and Isaac? You Noob Ganondorf was already in melee and Pit Is AlREADY IN BRAWL!!!! Sonics in the game drawing in characters from the sonic franchises Which May Include Knuckles!!! Who And Where Did Megaman Come from My Mii Has More Chance making it in than him.<<<<Quote me on that One :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh He Does Does he? You Tell Me How Hes More Conected than anyone in my sig Except banjo and Isaac? You Noob Ganondorf was already in melee and Pit Is AlREADY IN BRAWL!!!! Sonics in the game drawing in characters from the sonic franchises Which May Include Knuckles!!! Who And Where Did Megaman Come from My Mii Has More Chance making it in than him.<<<<Quote me on that One :)
Megaman 1-7, Megaman & Bass

Megaman X 1-4

+ EXE, Zero, etc. series...

Megaman 64

I could go on...

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
can someone give me an oriiginal moveset, beause all that I could think of is his famed blaster(Samus), His ability to steal powers( Kirby) and their really isn't anymore, if someone could show me something difeent I might e for him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
can someone give me an oriiginal moveset, beause all that I could think of is his famed blaster(Samus), His ability to steal powers( Kirby) and their really isn't anymore, if someone could show me something difeent I might e for him.
I HATE the idea of Megaman stealing moves in battle.

Now, using different Robot Master moves would be awesome

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
You could Go On But Please DOnt. Because All that megaman crap has nothing to do with nintendo. Tell Me why their not putting ratchet and clank in? or jak and daxter or crash bandicoot. See they have nothing to do with nintendo so to end this pointless discusson including your hopes and dreams wipe it out of your head now to avoid dissapointment.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Dude, get banned already.
MM was on SEVERAL games for NES and Nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You could Go On But Please DOnt. Because All that megaman crap has nothing to do with nintendo. Tell Me why their not putting ratchet and clank in? or jak and daxter or crash bandicoot. See they have nothing to do with nintendo so to end this pointless discusson including your hopes and dreams wipe it out of your head now to avoid dissapointment.
Either your stupid, or a worthless troll not worth my time. But if you don't know Nintendo's history, you don't really have a say in any of this.

Top Bottom