• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
YOU MY FRIEND HAVE JUST HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!! Rare and nintendo worked together and created banjo kazooie and bajo tooie so why are you ruling bajo kazooie out then which mean the history is there so banjo can make it in, wow surprising on how you put someone in your sig to be unique then you realise they can make it in hahaa
I never said he didn't have a chance I just said Megaman had a bigger one, therefore not ruling him out

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
YOU MY FRIEND HAVE JUST HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!! Rare and nintendo worked together and created banjo kazooie and bajo tooie so why are you ruling bajo kazooie out then which mean the history is there so banjo can make it in, wow surprising on how you put someone in your sig to be unique then you realise they can make it in hahaa
Who ruled Banjo and Kazooie out? And Rare is owned by Mircosoft now..

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Heck, I loved Banjo in Diddy Kong Racing, but truth is, right now megaman is alot more popular and has a better chance of getting i than him right now

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Heck, I loved Banjo in Diddy Kong Racing, but truth is, right now megaman is alot more popular and has a better chance of getting i than him right now
And At that point i agree with everything you have just said and i would like ot end it right there. sorry ofr previous offences.

Del Money

Smash Champion
I finally got my copy of megaman X collection, for real this time. I also got megaman aniversary collection too! so I have seriously enjoyed these last couple of days.
Aren't they soooo pymp? Get Mega Man Anniversary/X Collection this summer was a mvery satisfying experience....unfortunately I haven't touched X Collection yet and I've got 3 more robot masters to go in MM2 (Quick Man, Woodman, and the one of the top right corner which I forget) before the Wily stage. Rumor has it that MM2 Wily music is the best MM music of all time so I look forward to it. And now that the semester doen't start in another 3 weeks...I'm gonna have a ballsload of Mega Man to play.

I HATE the idea of Megaman stealing moves in battle.
HATE? Only gripe I have is how it may be implemented.

Now, using different Robot Master moves would be awesome
I never thought about that. That could be a good implementation...but it's just that there are so many robot masters. It'll be like random-pickings for Sakurai.

Cless

Smash Champion
You guys need to learn how to not feed the troll. Seriously.

What's in the X Collection besides X1-X6? Give me a reason to buy it.

Cless

Smash Champion
Hmm, I dunno. I don't think a mediocre racing game is worth the 10-20 bucks. I only bought the Sonic Gems Collection because I couldn't find my Sonic CD game.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Hmm, I dunno. I don't think a mediocre racing game is worth the 10-20 bucks. I only bought the Sonic Gems Collection because I couldn't find my Sonic CD game.
Boy, you dun lost yo mind. You could easily have gotten Sonic CD for PC for like $5 on eBay (hell I got mine for $3). And plus, X Collection is worth it IMO...unless you already have X1-X6 games. The Mega MAn Battle & Chase racing game was never before released in the US. I haven't yet dove into X Collection yet. I'm saving it for when I beat MM2 through MM8 on Anniverary Collection. Call it OCD if you will....I just like beating games in order.

Cless

Smash Champion
I already have X1-X6. That's why I was asking, and I'm sorry but my console fanboyism won't let me play games on the pc that were made for a console. I don't even like using controllers on the pc. It just feels weird to me. Plus, I got all those other crappy Sonic games too (well Sonic R isn't TOO bad).

Del Money

Smash Champion
I already have X1-X6. That's why I was asking, and I'm sorry but my console fanboyism won't let me play games on the pc that were made for a console. I don't even like using controllers on the pc. It just feels weird to me. Plus, I got all those other crappy Sonic games too (well Sonic R isn't TOO bad).
I'm kinda in an opposite situation as you. I have terrible PC fanboyism. So much so that I purposely sold my Gamecube versions of Sonic Heroes and Sonic Adventure DX as well as my PSX versions of FF7 & 8 in order to by the PC versions. I also have Halo 1 for PC, plan on eventually getting Halo 2 for PC (even if it means upgrading to Vista), and plan on saying "forget you" to the 360 and waiting for Halo 3 PC as well as getting Gears of War.

*expects CrippledFish62 to tell me to talk about Mega Man*

Not only that but a bunch of the Mega Man X titles were ported to PC as well, and were it not cheaper as whole (cost be only $11 on eBay) to get the X Collection for Gamecube, I probably would've bought all the X1 - X6 PC CD-ROMs individually. I guess that could be called OCD.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm kinda in an opposite situation as you. I have terrible PC fanboyism. So much so that I purposely sold my Gamecube versions of Sonic Heroes and Sonic Adventure DX as well as my PSX versions of FF7 & 8 in order to by the PC versions. I also have Halo 1 for PC, plan on eventually getting Halo 2 for PC (even if it means upgrading to Vista), and plan on saying "forget you" to the 360 and waiting for Halo 3 PC as well as getting Gears of War.

*expects CrippledFish62 to tell me to talk about Mega Man*

Not only that but a bunch of the Mega Man X titles were ported to PC as well, and were it not cheaper as whole (cost be only $11 on eBay) to get the X Collection for Gamecube, I probably would've bought all the X1 - X6 PC CD-ROMs individually. I guess that could be called OCD.
It's only a disorder if it adversely affects your everyday life.

Anyway, I just can't do that. I don't feel right without a controller or joystick in my hands. I can't even imagine playing Mega Man on a keyboard.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Screw the keyboard. The keyboard and mouse are for FPS's only in my book. Everything else MUST be played with a USB gamepad...preferrably one with dual analog control sticks.

Cless

Smash Champion
Of course, keyboard and mouse is optimal for FPSs, but in my opinion, I just may as well play on a system if I'm going to use a controller on the computer.

Anyway, if Mega Man were to steal people's powers, would he take the actual moves like Kirby, or would he derive some original power based on the traits and moves of the person he absorbed it from.

If MM were to get in, Sakurai would definitely not give him power stealing. It may be a concept of MM's, but honestly, why would he give a character such a now
unoriginal idea?

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, I guess Sakurai wouldn't want Mega Man stealing Kirby's thunder. He doesn't even have to have a power steal. Just being able to switch between powers would be good enough. Like his three taunts switch out his down b. He could have Rock Ball, Tornado Hold, and Leaf Shield for example.

I was just thinking though. Instead of whatever some people and I put for side b, what if his neutral b was charging the Mega Buster, and his side b was running around shooting it. Too ridiculous?

Del Money

Smash Champion
Anyway, if Mega Man were to steal people's powers, would he take the actual moves like Kirby, or would he derive some original power based on the traits and moves of the person he absorbed it from.
If MM were to get in, Sakurai would definitely not give him power stealing. It may be a concept of MM's, but honestly, why would he give a character such a now
unoriginal idea?

I'm still iffy on the whole coping powers thing for Mega Man. I was cool with it before, but now it's different. There's no sensible way for Mega Man to steal power outside of K.O's and even that system seems to have a few flaws. the best way I figured to implement is would be Mega Man taking the B attack with a K.Os, but now what if Mega Man K.O.ed Kirby? The blue bomber vaccuuming up opponents in his buster (or even worse...his mouth) is a little ****ed up if you ask me.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm still iffy on the whole coping powers thing for Mega Man. I was cool with it before, but now it's different. There's no sensible way for Mega Man to steal power outside of K.O's and even that system seems to have a few flaws. the best way I figured to implement is would be Mega Man taking the B attack with a K.Os, but now what if Mega Man K.O.ed Kirby? The blue bomber vaccuuming up opponents in his buster (or even worse...his mouth) is a little ****ed up if you ask me.
Which is why I came up with an alternative idea.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
well cless, looks like we will make it into the RMB. also, do you think mega man would use the b button for stealing powers anyway, shouldn't that be his buster, i think if you KO someone WITH the buster shot then you could gain there b button power?

binki4

Smash Apprentice
that's the simple thing to do instead of stealing powers same like kirby but anyway megaman has copied weapons from robot masters so he will probaly do that and knocked out opponites like kirby but will see that they have time to confrimed megaman in january 7th 2008 and my mind will be trusted because the megaman 20th anniversary mehancise will be expired jan 7th and megaman anniversary will expire to.
and i wish as soon will join the R.M.B megaman crew as soon as possible.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
unoriginal idea?
When megaman defeats a robot boss, he gains a new weapon. This process involves strenuous battle with the robot boss until it is destroyed; then and only then does megaman gain the new weapon. This is quite different from kirby, in that all kirby has to do is inhale the enemy of choice and then literally absorb their power.

However, while I don't think it's right to call megaman's trait "power stealing", I don't think that ability will make it into brawl nonetheless. I think megaman's attacks will have specific "megaman universe" boss powers mapped to them, and they will always stay the same. For example, samus's over+b is a missle, whereas megamans might be a crash bomb. Samus' up+b is the spin attack; megaman's might be rush, beat, or boot jets (depending on if it's classic or X). Samus's neutral b is her plasma cannon, obviously megaman's would be the buster. That's how I think it'll go down, anyways.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
that's the simple thing to do instead of stealing powers same like kirby but anyway megaman has copied weapons from robot masters so he will probaly do that and knocked out opponites like kirby but will see that they have time to confrimed megaman in january 7th 2008 and my mind will be trusted because the megaman 20th anniversary mehancise will be expired jan 7th and megaman anniversary will expire to.
and i wish as soon will join the R.M.B megaman crew as soon as possible.
Bink, your run-on sentences are very hard to read. Try using some periods here and there. Not trying to be condescending, but if that's intentional then it's annoying.

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Of course, keyboard and mouse is optimal for FPSs, but in my opinion, I just may as well play on a system if I'm going to use a controller on the computer.

It's confusing to make a moveset for a character whose only abilities is Copying Data and shooting a buster. This is why I think Megaman EXE. is a better rep.

-MegaBuster
-Mini-boomer
-Cybersword, Widesword, Longsword
-CannonBlaster
-Mett-Guard

Megaman EXE. makes use of Battlechips, so there are many different kinds of attacks to choose from.

When megaman defeats a robot boss, he gains a new weapon. This process involves strenuous battle with the robot boss until it is destroyed; then and only then does megaman gain the new weapon. This is quite different from kirby, in that all kirby has to do is inhale the enemy of choice and then literally absorb their power.

However, while I don't think it's right to call megaman's trait "power stealing", I don't think that ability will make it into brawl nonetheless. I think megaman's attacks will have specific "megaman universe" boss powers mapped to them, and they will always stay the same. For example, samus's over+b is a missle, whereas megamans might be a crash bomb. Samus' up+b is the spin attack; megaman's might be rush, beat, or boot jets (depending on if it's classic or X). Samus's neutral b is her plasma cannon, obviously megaman's would be the buster. That's how I think it'll go down, anyways.
It doesn't change that the result of the attack is literally no different at all from Kirby's.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
except for that the attacks he would gain would not be from the super smash universe or from another character in the game, but from attacks found in the mm universe. same idea as kirby but different enough i think to be pulled off.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
you do realize that this IS the "official megaman is super smash bros brawl" thread don't you. as far as i'm concerned your opinion doesn't count for horse ****. GTFO TROLL.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
OMG...

I just heard Keiji Inafune (Megaman's creator) said in a podcast that Megaman isn't in Brawl...

Is this true or a rumor? Say it isn't so.....:(

Zorya

Smash Ace
OMG...

I just heard Keiji Inafune (Megaman's creator) said in a podcast that Megaman isn't in Brawl...

Is this true or a rumor? Say it isn't so.....:(
idk..

dont read if youll be offended..
Lets hope that it is true, chances are it is, Ray Mk III for brawl!!:chuckle:

Top Bottom