• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
I just want to say that the newest game on the Virtual Console is... Mega Man 2!
Too bad I already have Megaman 2 on like 3 billion different consoles, including my hacked PSP.
Now if Nintendo gets around to releasing X2 and X3 I will definitely buy those.

Megaman had better be in brawl. I'm downloading the podcast right now so I can hear exactly what was said and in what context.

There was one thing I noticed. The article quoted Inafune as saying "We still have a few months left" or something like that. Well, in video game world less than 1.5 months does not equal "a few". Podcasts are usually recorded "at least" a week or so before they are released, and it sounds like this one was recorded much longer ago than that.

As someone else has stated, it's entirely possible that Nintendo has already done all of the work for megaman without actually having the rights to put him in the game. If that was the case, all it would take is a simple phone call and some paperwork -- not something that takes months, weeks, or even days to do.

Personally, I think Megaman is almost assured to be in Brawl, regardless of what people think about what was said in that podcast. To be honest, I think that there are many characters that Nintendo started working on that most of us will never even know about because of a general lack of interest or some other obscure reason.

Cless

Smash Champion
**** PAL, always getting stuff before us. /sarcasm

I have Megaman 2 on like a billion other systems too. I have original copies of all the X games too, so I dunno if I'd buy any Mega Man VC games on the current systems available. If they get like a Super Game Boy thing, I'd get the Game Boy Mega Man games.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
After actually listening to the podcast and hearing the interview with Inafune myself, I don't feel any differently then I did before. In fact, I feel even more strongly that this gives no indication whatsoever to the exclusion of Megaman from Brawl.

First of all, the translator was, as far I knew, excellent. If the translator was accurately portraying Inafune's intonation and body language, then I would describe Inafune's comment about Nintendo as playful, at worst, and nothing more than a tease. If you actually listen to how he (the translator) says it, you will understand what I mean. That article that someone linked couldn't be more misleading. There is no way you could make an article based off of that interview that was centered around the "No Megaman in Brawl" theme. You totally don't get that from the interview.

Furthermore, while Inafune is the creator of Megaman and the head of his department at Capcom, he is most likely not a pencil pusher -- in other words, he probably isn't the one to handle all of the logistics behind the rights of Megaman etc. Nintendo may have not spoken with him personally, as that, taken literally, may be wholly unnecessary.

I am just saying not to get so down in the dumps about this podcast. Actually, the podcast was very enjoyable to listen to. It's just that article that was written about the podcast that totally blows it out of proportion. With that said, I don't think Megaman's "chances" are either worse or better off after this whole thing. He's either in, or he's out, and I'm betting he's in.

If he isn't, though, it won't be the end of the world. Disappointing, very much so, but there's so much more to look forwards to then have one character's lack of appearance ruin the rest of it.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
...I think it should be general basis that all translated podcasts be ruled out, unless they come from a source that's unquestionable or beyond reproach...

Anyone remember that whole ugly podcast translation affair that said the Ice Climbers had been cut?

Yeah...

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
...I think it should be general basis that all translated podcasts be ruled out, unless they come from a source that's unquestionable or beyond reproach...

Anyone remember that whole ugly podcast translation affair that said the Ice Climbers had been cut?

Yeah...
That was one of many hoaxes that originate(d) from the GameFAQs forums. The maker of the rumor even admitted it. This time, not only does the podcast originate from an official CAPCOM site but we're actually able to HEAR it ourselves.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
oh i am sure hes in. hes the clear and only choice for the third spot. plus you would think sakurai would say if there wouldn't be anymore third parties but he hasn't, and mega is next in line so hes in. you would only think that capcom wants some hype too so they would update him soon, i hope so since they had next to nothing for his 20th. if i had to guess a time he would be updated i would say 2 weeks before launch for proper hypeness.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
that maybe true. but i just can't see brawl coming out with no mega man, it just wouldn't be right.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
The MM Fan Club concluded it meant nothing.

Most of the forum and anyone who's heard about that podcast concluded he's deconfirmed.
Look, Inafume was either serious or teasing when asked if megaman would be in brawl. Based on the translator's tone of voice and generally the way he brought across Inafume's answer, it can be argued that Inafume's answer was very coy and that he probably knows a lot more than he was letting on.

Also, another one of my points was that in the podcast, Inafume said "we still have a few months left", in the context of the possibility of megaman being added to brawl at this current point in time. Well, unless somebody can dig up the date of when that podcast was recorded, a "few months" is not one or two, especially in the video game industry. It sounds like this podcast was recorded a "few months" ago, but I could be wrong -- I'm just going off of what was said in the podcast.

Furthermore, I don't think Inafume would have lead on thousands of fans with a line like "There's still time" and "Maybe if someone at Nintendo hears this podcast, they can give me a call" etc. etc. if he knew that all the megaman fans would be let down. If you actually take the time to listen to how the translator translates these words, you will note the playfulness in his voice.

p.s.s - So megaman fans have concluded that the podcast means neither one thing or another, while the "rest of the forum" has concluded that the podcast means megaman has been deconfirmed. Well, that's interesting, but the latter is much less likely due to the fact that it is much more opinion based than the "MM" fans' analysis of the podcast; which is very logical in that megaman was neither confirmed nor deconfirmed and his chances are equally as high and low as they have always been.

Black/Light

Smash Master
You assume it's true, and a lot of people, but not most of the forum.
Maybe you are right. . .

But from what I can see the only ones holding onto this "Naaaaaa! It means nothing!" view point are MM fans (from what Chi calls "The MM fan club").

Everyone else seems to say "Poor MM. . . ".

Really, logicaly I can't see things playing out anywhere near like the MM fans in this thread seem to in-vision it and Im someone who neither likes nor diss-likes MM.:ohwell:

EDIT!!!
THE POD CAST WAS RECORDED ON MM B-DAY. AS IN, DEC 18th-20th. . .

Really, I think I have to sig that bit of info. . .

Stryks

Smash Hero
The MM Fan Club concluded it meant nothing.

Most of the forum and anyone who's heard about that podcast concluded he's deconfirmed.
We arent like: "No no he aint deconfiormed were not listening LALALALALALALA I cant hear you LALALALALA", we see the facts, and seeing how they said: "There are a few months before brawls release" when theres only ONE, and seeing how inafune was kinda laghig/sounding sarcastic, and the whole: "No comment" at the MM event, simplyput we have more in our favor AGAINST the podcast...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
We arent like: "No no he aint deconfiormed were not listening LALALALALALALA I cant hear you LALALALALA", we see the facts, and seeing how they said: "There are a few months before brawls release" when theres only ONE, and seeing how inafune was kinda laghig/sounding sarcastic, and the whole: "No comment" at the MM event, simplyput we have more in our favor AGAINST the podcast...
WOOT.
Wow...I'm really wondering to see what he does in brawl (Assuming that he's in.) It seems like this podcast has been broken...But common belief thinks he's out, Hmm...

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
^Denial is what we have.
Better hopeful denial than worthless assertions of doubt. >_>

Look, Inafume was either serious or teasing when asked if megaman would be in brawl. Based on the translator's tone of voice and generally the way he brought across Inafume's answer, it can be argued that Inafume's answer was very coy and that he probably knows a lot more than he was letting on.

Also, another one of my points was that in the podcast, Inafume said "we still have a few months left", in the context of the possibility of megaman being added to brawl at this current point in time. Well, unless somebody can dig up the date of when that podcast was recorded, a "few months" is not one or two, especially in the video game industry. It sounds like this podcast was recorded a "few months" ago, but I could be wrong -- I'm just going off of what was said in the podcast.

Furthermore, I don't think Inafume would have lead on thousands of fans with a line like "There's still time" and "Maybe if someone at Nintendo hears this podcast, they can give me a call" etc. etc. if he knew that all the megaman fans would be let down. If you actually take the time to listen to how the translator translates these words, you will note the playfulness in his voice.

p.s.s - So megaman fans have concluded that the podcast means neither one thing or another, while the "rest of the forum" has concluded that the podcast means megaman has been deconfirmed. Well, that's interesting, but the latter is much less likely due to the fact that it is much more opinion based than the "MM" fans' analysis of the podcast; which is very logical in that megaman was neither confirmed nor deconfirmed and his chances are equally as high and low as they have always been.
Right. There was definately some playfulness in the translator's words and even a chuckle from Inafune. If he was telling the truth, I'm certain he would have been a bit more firm considering that in such scenerio, he would be dashing the hopes of many fans. I'm not saying he is definately lying, but there's no reason not to consider such possibility.

*Sigh* The doubters just won't leave. -_- Furthermore, this conflict may result in catching the attention of a certain Boswer-main which could end badly for us.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
Better hopeful denial than worthless assertions of doubt. >_>
*Sigh* The doubters just won't leave. -_- Furthermore, this conflict may result in catching the attention of a certain Boswer-main which could end badly for us.
I don't see how -- all of this discussion is about a podcast in which the creator of megaman directly addresses the issue of megaman in brawl. The title of this thread is "The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!"

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
yep. you did bring up the interesting point lukeman that he wouldn't toy with the idea if he knew he'd be letting down everyone that loves mega man. that doesn't make sense leading to the grand vision that mega man is MOST LIKELY in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
yep. you did bring up the interesting point lukeman that he wouldn't toy with the idea if he knew he'd be letting down everyone that loves mega man. that doesn't make sense leading to the grand vision that mega man is MOST LIKELY in.
If you want something, but know it's not going to happen...ever...and it does

It means more to you than if you want something and know it's going to happen

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
well i do want it to happen. but as for KNOWING for sure if its going to happen, thats not knowledge that we can have yet. all i do is hope but i believe more in his inclusion more than his noninclusiveness you know what i mean.

lukeman3000

Smash Cadet
Thanks; here's another interesting point. Someone said that the podcast was recorded on or around Megaman's 20th anniversay (I believe) which would be like the 17th or 18th of Dec. I do not know if that is true or not, but if it is, that means that when Inafune said that, Brawl was less than 2 months away. This, in my mind, solidfies the point I made earlier that Inafune was being very playful when he answered that question, because he knows better than anyone that there is not a snowball's chance in hell that Megaman can be "added" at this stage of Brawl's developement (see: Gold).

You might say, well if that's true then why does that make you think Megaman will be in Brawl? Because of the way I evaluated his tone of voice and response to the question. He knows Megaman is in Brawl and he is toying with all of the fans, since he can't "officially" say anything until Nintendo let's him (i.e when the Dojo announces it). What better way to have some fun than to toy with your fans? Now, if Megaman doesn't make it into Brawl as a playable character, for some twisted reason, I will be very angry with Inafune for playing with my emotions.

In general, I think we can look forwards to Megaman in Brawl, although he might not be announced for quite some time. Hopefully more things will come to light (like this podcast) that will shed a little bit more light on the subject so we have something to talk about in the meantime!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
careful not to flame/spam peoples

the megaman community actually seems to be a good one, i say kudos to you guys for being intelligent on the whole.

Stryks

Smash Hero
ZOMG GIMPY APPROVES OF RMB!!

The “RMB: Gimpy approved” quote will go on the next sig XD

but yeah i gotta say Rmb is the most calmed of the top clubs IMO

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
ZOMG GIMPY APPROVES OF RMB!!

The “RMB: Gimpy approved” quote will go on the next sig XD

but yeah i gotta say Rmb is the most calmed of the top clubs IMO
I agree with Gimpy wholeheartedly. The RMB is probably the best support group on these Brawl boards (the S.S.S. had its moments of insanity and the MMPMA can be a little...angry at times, but they're still respectable. Kinda) . In fact, aside from Wiseguy's prediction thread, this is probably one of my favorite threads to sift through.

As for the whole "podcast ordeal," I still think there's an inkling of hope here. As Mr. Lukeman said, the Blue Bomber's chances are as high as they were prior to Inafune's statements. His comments did not confirm or deconfirm a thing. It was vague (not so sure if it was DELIBERATE, mind you).

Here's hoping for the best.

Smooth Criminal

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
sorry i havent been here in a while guys :( . im at my moms house for christmas break and dial up + swf = phail lol

did i miss anything???

and for those of you who dont know the podcast took place no earlier then december 4th

I admit there still exists the chance that he is in.

But how blind can you be to suggest that his chances haven't changed, when Inafune said that as of three months before the completion of Brawl's development, Sakurai hasn't even come to him requesting to put Mega Man in? The fact is that before this podcast, Sakurai could have put him in whenever he wanted. Now, he has to have put him in in the last three months.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I admit there still exists the chance that he is in.

But how blind can you be to suggest that his chances haven't changed, when Inafune said that as of three months before the completion of Brawl's development, Sakurai hasn't even come to him requesting to put Mega Man in? The fact is that before this podcast, Sakurai could have put him in whenever he wanted. Now, he has to have put him in in the last three months.
I know Im going to have to sig this. . .

He recorded that on MM B-day. Dec 18-20 or something. even if they wanted to they couldn't put him in now seeing as the game has gone gold. Either the man is lieing or MM simply can't join the fray.

Top Bottom