• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
The *** cover is almost identical to the US cover. That image that was posted is not a cover.

J-A-P is a censored word?
It's basically a racsist term for Japanese people, kinda like C-H-I-N-K. I just learned about it yesterday, I guess one term didn't suffice enough.

What's the dealio on the accuracy of the Megaman deconfirmation thing?

Cless

Smash Champion
You just learned that J-a-p was a racist term? Where've you been for the past 60 years? C-h-i-n-k refers to Chinese people.

Del Money

Smash Champion
Where the hell did all this Sonic hype come from? He use to do horrible on the polls back in the Melee days...
This is why I hate ****ers like this. Let's be cool and dedicate an entire post to flaming a character that has nothing to do with the current thread. And let's repeatedly post how much we hate this character just in case it was missed the first time. Talk about something on topic or get the **** outta here.

If anything Inafune needed to keep his mouth shut about this.
Probably. It would've prevent the last 40 or so pages from repeating the same argument over and over.

1. Nintendo made it clear that 3rd parties need to come to THEM, not the other way around. Inafune saying "They haven't called me" makes no sense and is likely a red herring.
Wrong. Sakurai sought out Sega for Sonic.

2. Sega gave similar market speak about Sonic, saying that "M&S Olympics is a BETTER crossover", implying that the SSBB crossover wouldn't happen.
It appeared like that initially, but it was more of a way to avoid drawing attention away from the game being promoted at the time.

3. Inafune cannot announce Megaman in Brawl (if he's in). It HAS to be Nintendo, so anything he says on the matter HAS to be misleading and suggest that Megaman is NOT in Brawl, just like Sega did.
Were it to be a confirmation of character, then yes, Sakurai should be the one announcing it. Since it's not a confirmation of the character, you can't expect Sakurai to announce characters to be deconfirmed. We find this out for ourselves when the character either becomes an AT/boss/sticker/background-prop or when it becomes 100% that they will not be in the roster in some other manner.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Yes but if anything Inafune should have said this.

"The answer wether Mega Man is in Brawl or not, isn't really up to me. I enjoy the Smash series and it would be great if Mega Man gets in but as of right now I don't know anything about it. Besides it's not my decision to put him in Brawl it's Sakurai. So it's possible that one of my superiors were contacted already and the talks were finalized. There had been instances where a Mega Man game was produced without my knowledge or consent (X6 anyone?) So the only thing I can tell you is to keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best."

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
This is why I hate ****ers like this. Let's be cool and dedicate an entire post to flaming a character that has nothing to do with the current thread. And let's repeatedly post how much we hate this character just in case it was missed the first time. Talk about something on topic or get the **** out
That was not bashing, I was stating facts. He did not do well on the melee polls @ all. He is not that loved in Japan which is where a majority of the influence is in this game. I'm asking a serious question, no sarcasm at all. The only thing I flamed were the fanboys like you who act up at the (assumed) site of the flamming of your character. Now, let this end here.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Yes but if anything Inafune should have said this.

"The answer wether Mega Man is in Brawl or not, isn't really up to me. I enjoy the Smash series and it would be great if Mega Man gets in but as of right now I don't know anything about it. Besides it's not my decision to put him in Brawl it's Sakurai. So it's possible that one of my superiors were contacted already and the talks were finalized. There had been instances where a Mega Man game was produced without my knowledge or consent (X6 anyone?) So the only thing I can tell you is to keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best."
Whats this?! Xerroo? Actually being optimistic for once!? What is this madness!!!???

But yeah, that whole thing is pretty true actually. We would have avoided a lot of crap had keiji worded it like that. Grr. It's times like this that pisses me off that sakurai wont show the final roster.
still, the more I can laugh for if when megaman is confirmed.

That was not bashing, I was stating facts. He did not do well on the melee polls @ all. He is not that loved in Japan which is where a majority of the influence is in this game. I'm asking a serious question, no sarcasm at all. The only thing I flamed were the fanboys like you who act up at the (assumed) site of the flamming of your character. Now, let this end here.
japan does seem to hate sonic. But I guess it's all the reason to put in megaman (or klonoa, who japan seems to want a lot, even though he has somewhat unprobable chances.)

Del Money

Smash Champion
Either you think you're really smart...or you think I'm incredibly dumb. You're nothing but a troll just trying to piss people off. Otherwise you wouldn't have constructed these unnecssarily biased and mostly off-topic posts...
Well, the game is already being set up for a Januaray release. I think it's over. It's sad. The Rock community deserved this more than the trashy Sonic fandom desreved Sonic, and those ungrateful rejects got Sonic and think they have a right to complain about his voice actor in Brawl? What a bunch of losers...
The real kick in the crotch is the fact that he would add SONIC over Rock. That's making me question Sakurais judgement just a little bit. Rock could have offered SO MUCH more to the Brawl table than a way to settle an old playground argument about two gaming icons. Seriously, how many spin ball moves does Sonic have? Like 5 or 6? Wow... how... interesting...how unexpected. You SURE you're not giving too much power to the rabid fans Sak?
Try and tell me you were talking about Japan in those posts too...You repetitively flamed Sonic just for your own stupid amusement. Nobody give a **** about your stupid preferences. And stop trying to pin this on "fanboyism". This is just you thinking everyone needs to hear your damm opinion...especially those who you know would be annoyed by it. So like I said before either talk about Mega Man or stop ****ing posting here.

Anyways, Merry Christmas (/Happy Holidays) to the Mega Man supporters. We have about one more month before the Japanese release date in which roster information will be leaked like a mofo, thus making the updates post-Jan 24th pretty much useless. And so, hopefully we get our Mega Man confirmation within the next 30 days otherwise we'd have to hope and pray than someone in Japan discovers Mega Man as an unlockable...

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I don't f***ing believe this. Capcom is blatantly OFFERING NINTENDO THEIR CHARACTER. I'd bet they would even model it for them, but of course, leave it to Nintendo to drop the ball yet again because they're run by incompetent, childish idiots.

Don't feel so sad, you guys. It's not over yet.

They still have about a month to put him in. I think they could do it easily. It's the animators that have the tough part of the job.

Cless

Smash Champion
Whats this?! Xerroo? Actually being optimistic for once!? What is this madness!!!???

But yeah, that whole thing is pretty true actually. We would have avoided a lot of crap had keiji worded it like that. Grr. It's times like this that pisses me off that sakurai wont show the final roster.
still, the more I can laugh for if when megaman is confirmed.

japan does seem to hate sonic. But I guess it's all the reason to put in megaman (or klonoa, who japan seems to want a lot, even though he has somewhat unprobable chances.)
Screw Klonoa. He isn't even a Nintendo character in any sense of the word.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't f***ing believe this. Capcom is blatantly OFFERING NINTENDO THEIR CHARACTER. I'd bet they would even model it for them, but of course, leave it to Nintendo to drop the ball yet again because they're run by incompetent, childish idiots.

Don't feel so sad, you guys. It's not over yet.

They still have about a month to put him in. I think they could do it easily. It's the animators that have the tough part of the job.
Well, talking from your perspective...

Capcom offered them their character a month BEFORE Brawl went Gold.

They created Sonic and planned to have him in from the begging, they created him a long time before they got SEGA's permission to use him.

Taking that into account, if Megaman is in Brawl, they probably created him early in development, like ALPHA or something

BTW, Brawl is GOLD...nothing new is going to be added.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Either you think you're really smart...or you think I'm incredibly dumb. You're nothing but a troll just trying to piss people off. Otherwise you wouldn't have constructed these unnecssarily biased and mostly off-topic posts...

Try and tell me you were talking about Japan in those posts too...You repetitively flamed Sonic just for your own stupid amusement. Nobody give a **** about your stupid preferences. And stop trying to pin this on "fanboyism". This is just you thinking everyone needs to hear your damm opinion...especially those who you know would be annoyed by it. So like I said before either talk about Mega Man or stop ****ing posting here.

Cry some MOAR, fanboy. That wasn't meant to piss people off, I came and here and expressed my opinion on the situation. I feel that Rockman would have offered more than Sonic did, I don't hate Sonic at all, but I feel that Sakurai could have done a better job with his moveset, he came into Brawl with absolutely no interesting surprises unlike Snake. I'm also wondering how he got into the game OVER Rockman because it seems like Japan favors Rockman over Sonic. While Sonic is mostly favored in the west, as brought out in this topic.

If I wanted to purposely troll about a character, why the hell would I do it in here? I'd go to the Sonic boards to do that, but I don't because my point was not to troll. *SIGH* Your constant whining of my post is doing nothing but making you look like a hypocrite. Either state why you disagree or just ignore it. I think you need to take your own advice, bud.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I don't know if this has been posted yet... but Megaman will not be in brawl.

http://kotaku.com/337140/inafune-says-no-megaman-in-brawl

I just thought I'd post this since... I was really hoping for him... praying... wishing... I mean... 7 games on the nintendo... x x2 x3 on the SNES, legends on n64, and like 6 games on the DS... how could megaman not be in brawl?...

oh well...
wipe up those frozen tears. thats old news buddy. And it doesn't really prove anything.

froz3ntear

Smash Ace
wipe up those frozen tears. thats old news buddy. And it doesn't really prove anything.
haha thats good... i mean... im really hoping... He has to be in brawl somehow... if not as a character... atleast as an assist trophy... he just has to be in there somehow... somehow....

Garuda

Smash Ace
Just pray that, if it's true, Brawl hasn't gone gold.

But even then, if it's true, it seems so far that everyone has a part in the SSE. How can they incorporate him during this short time?

What I don't understand, however, is if this is true, why would Nintendo do that? Megaman was heavily requested on the poll.

EDIT: They could probably leave him out of the SSE, and just barely develop him, but, they'd have no choice but to make him... brace yourself, because this comment is going to hurt...

...a Samus clone. And then the idiots would've been right.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
haha thats good... i mean... im really hoping... He has to be in brawl somehow... if not as a character... atleast as an assist trophy... he just has to be in there somehow... somehow....
why would they license a character just to make them an assist trophy?
but anyway, don't lose hope. There's been a lot more evidence leading to megaman's exclusion than his exclusion. It's just that people like to think about the bad more than they think about the good.

Just pray that, if it's true, Brawl hasn't gone gold.

But even then, if it's true, it seems so far that everyone has a part in the SSE. How can they incorporate him during this short time?

What I don't understand, however, is if this is true, why would Nintendo do that? Megaman was heavily requested on the poll.

EDIT: They could probably leave him out of the SSE, and just barely develop him, but, they'd have no choice but to make him... brace yourself, because this comment is going to hurt...

...a Samus clone. And then the idiots would've been right.
I actually believe that if/when he's in, he was already put into the game and either:
1. inafune didn't know about it (he doesn't own megaman, and a lot of megaman projects have been done without his knowledge)
2. inafune did know about it, but just mislead us.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
If it is true, it would be too late to have him in. Right now SSBB is at the point where it is at it's finishing touches.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
i am new to the Megaman scene. But by the magic of emulators i downloaded them. They are really fun. I want to finish them in order. I have 1 though 6.

Are the robot masters the bosses like gustman?

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, when you use equip the weapons, there's a bar that appears next to your life. That's the ammo. As you use the weapon, the bar goes down. The blue items restore that bar.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, no l and r on the nes. That was a much appreciated added addition.

Well, I forgot if it was start or select, but I figured you'd be able to figure out if it was one or the other.

Do you know who's weak to what? Or are you just gonna figure it out.

Top Bottom