• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I've played exactly one Megaman game in my life for like 20 minutes so I'm as neutral on this as they come.

I don't think this statement proves anything:

1. Nintendo made it clear that 3rd parties need to come to THEM, not the other way around. Inafune saying "They haven't called me" makes no sense and is likely a red herring.

2. Sega gave similar market speak about Sonic, saying that "M&S Olympics is a BETTER crossover", implying that the SSBB crossover wouldn't happen.

3. Inafune cannot announce Megaman in Brawl (if he's in). It HAS to be Nintendo, so anything he says on the matter HAS to be misleading and suggest that Megaman is NOT in Brawl, just like Sega did.

Think about it this way: if Megaman is NOT in Brawl, why wouldn't Inafune just say, "I'm sorry, Megaman isn't in Brawl."? I'm quite certain that he understands a fighting game which is two months from release doesn't have time for an additional character so the whole "maybe they'll call me" bit is completely unrealistic.

Bottom line, people in the industry have a way of dodging the question in which they say a lot without actually saying anything at all. Inafune here hasn't said anything at all so I wouldn't put Megaman's inclusion in Brawl out of the question.

Cless

Smash Champion
I want none of that non-Mega Man crap. I agree to nothing!

But seriously, this game is about nostalgia so it should be Mega Man. Not X, not Trigger (though he'd be my second choice), not .exe, and not SF.

Screw the .exe generation. Those upstarts know nothing. I've seen them in Gamestop and Best Buy thinking they know stuff. A 10 year old kid was trying to argue that he had played more video games than I had at the Halo 3 launch.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Sega WAS NOT Implying Sonic wouldn't be in Brawl back then. Laurent said "That's not in the cards at the moment". Laurent was saying translated to : "I don't want to talk about Brawl right now, I want to talk about OUR game".

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sega WAS NOT Implying Sonic wouldn't be in Brawl back then. Laurent said "That's not in the cards at the moment". Laurent was saying translated to : "I don't want to talk about Brawl right now, I want to talk about OUR game".
That's not what that saying means though

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Alright, seriously speaking, can anyone who wants to talk about megaman's deconfirmation, please leave the thread now?!

Now to all those who are going to wait it out until the final roster: we all have our individual theories, hopes, and reasonings as to why he should or may already be in brawl.... let's get back to doing what we were supposed to do in the beginning and support another one of gaming's biggest ions!

Mega Man 4 Brawl... [the way things outta be, dammit!}

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I will know the world is coming to an end whenever Geno is confirmed and Mega Man doesn't make the game. Seriously, why to people have to be so freaking biased? It's almost as if people want other characters eliminated so their character has better chances at inclusion. Come on people, It's only a little over a month until the game comes out. Mega Man still has a chance, so don't count him out until the final roster is revealed!

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
My god i hope that worthless little puppetmon wont get in..
If you are thinking that I meant that Geno shouldn't be in, you have misunderstood. I really like Geno, and I would like for both Mega Man and him to make it. The only thing making me frustrated is the fact that some Geno fans say he makes a better inclusion than Mega Man because he is "cool."
While Mega Man is:
a. The mascot of Capcom and an icon to gaming
b. popular to people 8-30 something years of age.
c. "cool."
d. an actual advertisement. Mega Man 9 please..without the girly Mega Man and Elmer Fudd Dr. Light voices...

They are both worthy enough to make it. Iconic Mega Man and fanboy beloved Geno. There is plenty of character space for (mostly) everyones favorite game characters.

miller483

Smash Ace
Guys, I finally came out of denial yesterday. Megaman.EXE is in fact, the most popular Megaman out there today. So I really won't be too surprised if they use that look. I just hope that he has a "Classic" moveset, like the slide and Mega Buster.

Cless

Smash Champion
Guys, I finally came out of denial yesterday. Megaman.EXE is in fact, the most popular Megaman out there today. So I really won't be too surprised if they use that look. I just hope that he has a "Classic" moveset, like the slide and Mega Buster.
Yeah, if Smash were entirely about popularity, we wouldn't have the Ice Climbers, Pit, Game & Watch, etc. Popularity is important, yes, but Smash is also about Nintendo history, and there's just as much a chance that they would use Mega Man over .exe.

You ***s better not start something you can't finish.
I'm sorry, that's lost on me. What's Mega Man have to do with Nausicaa.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
Yeah, if Smash were entirely about popularity, we wouldn't have the Ice Climbers, Pit, Game & Watch, etc. Popularity is important, yes, but Smash is also about Nintendo history, and there's just as much a chance that they would use Mega Man over .exe.

I'm sorry, that's lost on me. What's Mega Man have to do with Nausicaa.
I'm sorry, that's lost on me. What's Geno have to do with Puppetmon?

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, if you want to compare a robot boy to a young princess, then go ahead. Geno actually is a puppet, or possesses one anyway. It makes that comparison better.

I remember that cartoon. Peach, or Toadstool rather, and used the P in the episode I remember.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Ok ok ok...So i heard about the megaman thing with them, Wow it must feel sad for all of you wanting him as your most wanted character, Hopefully they already have him in however...(But i doubt it...)
the only reason why we feel sad is that everyone still believes megaman is deconfirmed.
We, however, have common sense, and believe he's still in. which is why we're still in this thread.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
the only reason why we feel sad is that everyone still believes megaman is deconfirmed.
We, however, have common sense, and believe he's still in. which is why we're still in this thread.
Nah...I don't think he thinks Megaman is deconfirmed. I think like me he's starting to get nervous at the fact that Sakurai is completely ignoring Capcom and Megaman. I just wanna know why the crap that Sakurai has yet to make some calls to Capcom and stuff. I mean, it's not rocket science.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
puppetmon and geno look more similar than trigger and that princess.(at least to me)
also, are we still stuck on the subject of the podcast? I thought that by the time I got back you guys would have been over it.

and on the subject of history with nintendo EXE. and classic were both almost entirely on the nintendo systems, and they both boosted the sales of their respective systems. however, since EXE. has been discontinued, I doubt he will be the one.

sakurai might not have contacted capcom because he doesnt know who they are most loyal too, so far(as far as the many megaman series go) they seem to go back and forth without a real side. so he may have went for a third party character with more...stability. now dont go calling me a heritic or anything, but that may be one possibility. however snakes inclusion pretty much blows this thought out of the water so I cant realy say why not.
I think, as stated before, he may be lieing, cause why would nintendo pass up a chance of having another third party biggy like megaman?!?!

by the way, happy holidays everyone, and lets hope for good cheers in megaman's hopeful future with brawl.

P.S. sorry I havnt been comeing around alot, I have been spending time with family and getting comfortable with my copy of galaxy.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
puppetmon and geno look more similar than trigger and that princess.(at least to me)
also, are we still stuck on the subject of the podcast? I thought that by the time I got back you guys would have been over it.

and on the subject of history with nintendo EXE. and classic were both almost entirely on the nintendo systems, and they both boosted the sales of their respective systems. however, since EXE. has been discontinued, I doubt he will be the one.

sakurai might not have contacted capcom because he doesnt know who they are most loyal too, so far(as far as the many megaman series go) they seem to go back and forth without a real side. so he may have went for a third party character with more...stability. now dont go calling me a heritic or anything, but that may be one possibility. however snakes inclusion pretty much blows this thought out of the water so I cant realy say why not.
I think, as stated before, he may be lieing, cause why would nintendo pass up a chance of having another third party biggy like megaman?!?!

by the way, happy holidays everyone, and lets hope for good cheers in megaman's hopeful future with brawl.

P.S. sorry I havnt been comeing around alot, I have been spending time with family and getting comfortable with my copy of galaxy.
So you believe he's mindgaming us yet again? Uuuuuu I really really hope you're right on this one bro. I'm going to have a cardiac arrest if Sakurai doesn't put Megaman in after all of these efforts by Kenji and Capcom to get him in. And as far as which Megaman gets in, heck, I'll take anybody at this point. *except Chibi* Oh and happy holidays to you to.

MEGAMAN 4 BRAWL!

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
Lol keep the arguing up a few more days and this thread will have more pages than the Geno thread :)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
That's just it, we aren't arguing, random people are coming in with sticks ready to poke at us when the thread dies... Unfortunately, this is only helping to make the Mega Man hopefulls very irritable.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That's just it, we aren't arguing, random people are coming in with sticks ready to poke at us when the thread dies... Unfortunately, this is only helping to make the Mega Man hopefulls very irritable.
It ain't random people, its just Chi's Finest

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice

Brawl has gone Gold and it's ready for release, if the interview is true, then Megaman is definitely not going to be in the game.
No, all that means is that the game is finalized (or close enough; that may also be for the JP Strategy Guide that's "printing").

Whether Rockman is in the game or not, it was already decided months ago. So, once again, Inafune's lil blurb has no real weight, in this particular scenario, whatsoever.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Its the holiday season people...
We should be spreading joy instead of arguing with each other...
But...since we cant agree...Ill have to throw in my say...
Mega Man is an extremely popular character...
He's known the world over and has spent most of his titles on Nintendo systems...
Plus...hes a tried and proven fighter...
Infuane is not Capcom...
Try reading the posts of some of the frequents and elighten yourselves...
Also...I seem to recall an interview where Infuane said something along the ligns of:
I came in expecting to work on Zero 5...but was assigned to...
Try to find it...
Mega Man and Geno can BOTH be in...
Why is this concept so foreign to some of you???
And why compare pictures of various characters???
STOP IT!!!
Now have a Merry Christmas...
And try not to drown in egg-nog...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Its the holiday season people...
We should be spreading joy instead of arguing with each other...
But...since we cant agree...Ill have to throw in my say...
Mega Man is an extremely popular character...
He's known the world over and has spent most of his titles on Nintendo systems...
Plus...hes a tried and proven fighter...
Infuane is not Capcom...
Try reading the posts of some of the frequents and elighten yourselves...
Also...I seem to recall an interview where Infuane said something along the ligns of:
I came in expecting to work on Zero 5...but was assigned to...
Try to find it...

Mega Man and Geno can BOTH be in...
Why is this concept so foreign to some of you???
And why compare pictures of various characters???
STOP IT!!!
Now have a Merry Christmas...
And try not to drown in egg-nog...
Give. Me. Link. Now. *Is thoroughly enraged*

sonicspeed 96

Smash Journeyman

domriver

Smash Lord
Hi People, I am new to this board but not to the subjects at hand! :chuckle:

Mega Man for Brawl! I am all for it. Mr. Inafune's interview was a little dissapoint but reading more into this thread. Mega Man is in no different position. Also the fact that he said that Nintendo hasn't called them and Nintendo made it clear that they wanted 3rd party companies to come to them and talk business. That makes sense. So... who knows.. I suppose waiting until the final roster is leaked then we shall know for sure. Also I wouldn't mind that Geno character to be in Brawl. He seems to have a pretty potential unique moveset at hand. :cool:

Cless

Smash Champion
Top Bottom