• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
If I'm not mistaken, Megaman only lost to Sonic by a couple of votes. And Megaman has a strong fan base too, so he'd bring in alot of fans to play the game as well.
Sonic had more than 5, Geno had 4, Isaac came after Geno, Megaman had 2

Megaman is 4th on the list of 3rd Party characters

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
ugh, all of this is really making for a not so merry Christmas, brawl-wise

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
WHAT megaman for chrismas update in smash bros dojo i don,t think so because sakurai need keiji permission to use megaman in brawl for now on for this and it will be time to use megaman for the before japan release comes on jan 24 08 so their better think fast orit will be to late for now
...what???
Someone translate so I can respond...
This one is...messy...

EDIT: Nevermind...I got it...
They dont need Infuane's permission...
They need Capcom's...
Infuane doesnt hold the rights to the blue bomber...
For all we know...the podcast was a clever misdirect...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Sonic had more than 5, Geno had 4, Isaac came after Geno, Megaman had 2

Megaman is 4th on the list of 3rd Party characters
lesse:
first off, isaac is 1st party (his games are made by a second party company, but he is owned by nintendo) so you fail miserably there.
geno, even though he's owned by a 3rd party company, he's still a mario character,(hence why he was grouped up with the 1st party characters when the final list was organized) so he doesn't count.

and I never saw sonic on the poll (I assume he was voted for, but sakurai didn't mention him).
so megaman is really either the 1st or 2nd most wanted 3rd party.

...what???
Someone translate so I can respond...
This one is...messy...

EDIT: Nevermind...I got it...
They dont need Infuane's permission...
They need Capcom's...
Infuane doesnt hold the rights to the blue bomber...
For all we know...the podcast was a clever misdirect...
Kenji may not own megaman, but I believe kenji most likely knows about megaman's inclusion in brawl, and he just misdirected us to cover himself up.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Yeah I just read the Kenji article. Um, I believe it. I'm not for Megaman I'll admit, just because I think he's too closely related to Samus.
*sigh*
It's amazing what people think of Samus, and her having clones :ohwell:
I'm just gonna say, Mega Man, or Dark Samus for that matter, aren't Samus clones..

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
*sigh*
It's amazing what people think of Samus, and her having clones :ohwell:
I'm just gonna say, Mega Man, or Dark Samus for that matter, aren't Samus clones..
Well, obviously Dark Samus colors might still happen, we don't know yet. I'll say that because its the only likely thing to be in Brawl.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, obviously Dark Samus colors might still happen, we don't know yet. I'll say that because its the only likely thing to be in Brawl.
Well think what you will, but there's some good arguments on the DS thread, just click my sig..

As for MM, I'm hoping Saki pulls off a miracle, and gets him as a secret character :chuckle:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Yeah I just read the Kenji article. Um, I believe it. I'm not for Megaman I'll admit, just because I think he's too closely related to Samus.
not really:

megaman is unable to screw attack or roll up into a ball.
and megaman is capable of doing all these moves:

Mega Buster
Slide
Beat
Rolling Cutter
Super Arm
Ice Slasher
Hyper Bomb
Fire Storm
Thunder Beam
Metal Blade
Air Shooter
Bubble Lead
Quick Boomerang
Crash Bomb
Time Stopper
Atomic Fire
Leaf Shield
Needle Cannon
Magnet Missile
Gemini Laser
Hard Knuckle
Top Spin
Search Snake
Spark Shock
Shadow Blade
Flash Stopper
Rain Flush
Drill Bomb
Pharaoh Shot
Ring Boomerang
Dust Crusher
Dive Missile
Skull Barrier
Gravity Hold
Water Wave
Power Stone
Gyro Attack
Star Crash
Charge Kick
Napalm Bomb
Crystal Eye
Blizzard Attack
Centaur Flash
Flame Blast
Knight Crusher
Plant Barrier
Silver Tomahawk
Wind Storm
Yamato Spear
Freeze Cracker
Junk Shield
Danger Wrap
Thunder Bolt
Wild Coil
Slash Claw
Noise Crush
Scorch Wheel
Tornado Hold
Astro Crush
Copy Vision
Flame Sword
Thunder Claw
Homing Sniper
Ice Wave
Flash Bomb
Water Balloon
shoryken
hadoken
rush coil
rush drill
rush marine
rush suit
hyper megaman form
the rest of his moveset from MvC

and you're telling me he'll be too similar to samus?

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
well brawls coming out in almost less than a month in japan and snice the creator of megaman still hoping for a invite, its a safe bet that megaman is a no go unless they delay again and im sure we dont want that do we now considering there's almost just a month left till it's out right? Now you guys can speculate on other 3rd parties such as Geno and the ones that make sense to put in.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
well brawls coming out in almost less than a month in japan and snice the creator of megaman still hoping for a invite, its a safe bet that megaman is a no go unless they delay again and im sure we dont want that do we now considering there's almost just a month left till it's out right? Now you guys can speculate on other 3rd parties such as Geno and the ones that make sense to put in.
that's not the point.

y'know, I think I'm going to spare myself the trouble of all this and just make an entire topic explaining why everyone is taking this podcast too seriously.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
that's not the point.

y'know, I think I'm going to spare myself the trouble of all this and just make an entire topic explaining why everyone is taking this podcast too seriously.
That'd be awesome, but would the Mods let there be one? They'll probably say post it here >_<

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Where the hell did all this Sonic hype come from? He use to do horrible on the polls back in the Melee days...

tirkaro

Smash Champion
That'd be awesome, but would the Mods let there be one? They'll probably say post it here >_<
if they allow an entire thread saying that megaman is deconfirmed, I think they'd allow a thread saying why megaman is not deconfirmed.

besides, most of the non-believers aren't even looking in this thread, and if they did, they most likely wouldn't bother to read any of the points made in this thread.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
As long as you're gonna make a thread about how MM is not deconfirmed somehow, why don't you make some more saying Ness is in Brawl, and all characters have alternate costumes. Because, official words and confirmations mean nothing, as long as you're a fanboy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
if they allow an entire thread saying that megaman is deconfirmed, I think they'd allow a thread saying why megaman is not deconfirmed.

besides, most of the non-believers aren't even looking in this thread, and if they did, they most likely wouldn't bother to read any of the points made in this thread.
I think there's already a thread for this....
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=132446
...but it's just some n00b with picture errors...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As long as you're gonna make a thread about how MM is not deconfirmed somehow, why don't you make some more saying Ness is in Brawl, and all characters have alternate costumes. Because, official words and confirmations mean nothing, as long as you're a fanboy.
Why don't you stop trolling?

EDIT: Ahh, see what he made me do! :p Jk, sorry, 2x post.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
whatever happened to agreeing to disagree?

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I kind of agree with him. He's obviously been deconfirmed, so... there is no point to go on with this topic.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Because now that people are thinking the wario update means everyone has alts, even though it CLEARLY states it will be only Wario, it just shows me that people always assume the opposite of what an official source tells them. The Wario arguments are the same as the MM ones.

"____ is just lying"
"He's trying to surprise us"
"If I break the sentence down in this way, it can kinda, sorta sound like he's actually confirming this"

Same thing happened with Ness. I just don't get why people can't accept somehting when it is announced.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
OH CRAP! I forgot... I have one thing to mention. You know that thing where sometimes Inafune would come to autograph stuff at promotional events? Yeah, he did it for Starforce in new york and he said Megaman getting into Brawl had nothing to do with him and that it was Nintendo's decision. I mean, you don't have to believe this, but I know that that's as much info as I personally got, just trying to help.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
People read updates with preset motives. If the update goes against their desires, they fight it. The first step is to question the translation. From there, digging up ancient press releases in hopes of finding contradictions is another hope.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Inafune needs to clear things up now.
yeah, he really does. I'm not sure how much longer I can go with these n00bs saying megaman is deconfirmed without going insane.

OH CRAP! I forgot... I have one thing to mention. You know that thing where sometimes Inafune would come to autograph stuff at promotional events? Yeah, he did it for Starforce in new york and he said Megaman getting into Brawl had nothing to do with him and that it was Nintendo's decision. I mean, you don't have to believe this, but I know that that's as much info as I personally got, just trying to help.
interesting.....

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yea, it was Nintendo's decision as he said. They needed to request him, and they didn't.

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
*Sigh* Can't everyone just be patient and wait until Mega Man is announced or until the final roster is posted? He isn't deconfirmed until one of those happens. I'm getting impatient too, however.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
On the official Capcom boards, the developers actually come into forums sometimes to talk to fans, one of them said pretty much the same thing. That since Smash Bros. is Nintendo's game that it's up to Nintendo to decide and that asking Capcom to put Megaman in Brawl isn't as effective as going to Nintendo. But, this was the US forum for Capcom so I'm not sure how much information they would have.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
*Sigh* Can't everyone just be patient and wait until Mega Man is announced or until the final roster is posted? He isn't deconfirmed until one of those happens. I'm getting impatient too, however.
I wish. but people who think they're all smart will still try and force "ZOMG MEGAMAN DECONFIRMED" down our necks. Its a bit of a pain really.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I wish. but people who think they're all smart will still try and force "ZOMG MEGAMAN DECONFIRMED" down our necks. Its a bit of a pain really.
It's not being smart, its the common sense ability to understand that when he is said to not in the game, he's not in it.

Biggie Smalls

Smash Lord
It's a bit fuzzy, but you all shouldn't refute the possibility of this information being true.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
lesse:
first off, isaac is 1st party (his games are made by a second party company, but he is owned by nintendo) so you fail miserably there.
geno, even though he's owned by a 3rd party company, he's still a mario character,(hence why he was grouped up with the 1st party characters when the final list was organized) so he doesn't count.
That's funny, because on a list of third party characters that Sakurai made mention of, *gasp* there was Geno of Super Mario RPG, and there was Isaac of Golden Sun

Well gee golly gosh darn diddly Batman, Square Enix owns the rights to Geno and Mallow, so regardless of him being in a Mario game, he is a third-party owned character and to be in the game Nintendo would have to contact Square Enix for the rights to the character, as he is third party property.

and guess what? He still got twice the number of mentions as Megaman!

lol failed logic what?

Yeah but seriously, the immense denial in this thread is ridiculous

tirkaro

Smash Champion
That's funny, because on a list of third party characters that Sakurai made mention of, *gasp* there was Geno of Super Mario RPG, and there was Isaac of Golden Sun

Well gee golly gosh darn diddly Batman, Square Enix owns the rights to Geno and Mallow, so regardless of him being in a Mario game, he is a third-party owned character, and guess what? He still got twice the number of mentions as Megaman!

lol failed logic what?
don't know what translation you were looking at, since it's very clear that if you had half a brain, isaac is a 1st/2nd party character. so your logic still fails miserably

and geno is still a mario character. He grouped him as a ninendo character, and it's largely accepted, even among geno's fanbase, that he wouldn't count as a true 3rd party.

IsmaR said:
Jk, but Common sense still says he has a chance.
^listen to this man.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
Of course Geno is a true Third-Party, he is owned by another company.

The fact that he was in a Mario game doesn't change the fact that another company owns the rights to him, and Nintendo would have to license the IP of the character from Square Enix in order for him to be in Brawl..and what would that make him? That would make him Third-Party

Regardless if Isaac is second or first party, that doesn't change that Geno had more mentions than Megaman for a Third-Party character addition, DeDeDe having one more than him (gasp, is DeDeDe in the game? Why, yes he is), with Ike and Diddy Kong having the same number of mentions as him (gasp again, Ike and Diddy are both in the game!)

The fact that Inafune said that Megaman is not in Brawl as far as he is aware should be reason enough for you to realize that the 3rd party character that got more mentions than him is the one Sakurai chose to put in the game; Geno.

Top Bottom