• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
To be honest, my friend and I made fun of a Waluigi supporter when he was announced as an AT, but I've been making fun of Waluigi all of his existence and I was been staunchly against his inclusion in Brawl as a PC.

Didn't spam up the boards though.
That's diffrent though. I laughed with my friends saying "HAHA! FAILURE!", but I wasn't rude to Waluigi supporters. It depends on who you are posting it around in reality.

yay, more smart people ^_^

I have no idea what you just said, but since you're zorya, it's most likely something stupid, so:
I think he's attempting to speak Engspajapanishishese! :laugh:

Dude, that's like a pic of me responding to him. Why the f*** are you taking pictures of me and my wierd reactions=?!?!?! :laugh:

JPW

Smash Ace
i just thought of a consideration for Megaman inclusion.

Why would they contact Inafune anyway. It be better to contact Capcom. Cause those are the rights that they need.
And Inafune didn't always make the Megaman games maybe they want the old school.

or..............

Megaman is out, but Rockman isnt...... is there a hidden meaning. There's something to think about.

Sakirai and Capcom could go we said Megaman wouldn't be in, but we never said anything about Rockman.

Cless

Smash Champion
We already concluded that Inafune in immaterial to Mega Man's inclusion.

Inafune was there since the beginning.

Mega Man and Rock Man are the same character.

Thanks for your input though.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Infuane saying that nobody asked him for MM in Brawl...
irrelevant...
Capcom holds the rights...
Not Infuane...
Besides...it could mean...
A.Model A...
B.Zero...
C.Model ZX...
D.A new character...
could be included instead...
So please dont jump the gun people...

Cless

Smash Champion
Honestly, the only non-Mega Man Mega Man character I would accept is either form of Zero. I'd rather not have a Mega Man character.

Almaron

Smash Rookie
Warning! Sarcasm Approaching!

Maybe we'll get like the best of both worlds.. like maybe a Geno Man...
Someone should draw a picture of Geno Man...

*Ahem* Back to intelligent (or what I consider to be) postings.
I always believed that MegaMan's inclusion in Brawl would be based on relations between the developers of Brawl and the Licensing Management at Capcom. For all we know, Mr. Inafune may know nothing. For all we know, Wario could be voiced by Richard Simmons. For all we know, I may be eating cookies right now and not sharing them. Bottom Line: MegaMan CAN is Brawl!
He just might not want to :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If Megaman's not in Brawl, I seriously doubt there will be any other third party character (except maybe Geno because he's technically a Mario character anyways). As far as third party characters go, no one besides Sonic is more iconic then Megaman. Pac-man? He hasn't had a good game since the 80s. Bomberman? Bomberman's 20th anniversary was two years ago and did anyone make a big deal out of it? Nope... Rayman? ...moving on... Also, Capcom would have to be beyond stupid to pass up an oppurtunity like this. There are many things I could say in Megaman's defense but what I said above is ultimately the bottomline in this situation.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312

"Sorry for your loss."
Wow, that picture is sweet. Is that from deviantart?

Anyway, I brought up a point that I don't think anyone has mentioned in the thread claiming that he's out. It could potentially be debunked, but hopefully others will understand my argument.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
As I said before and elsewhere;

I'm going with the theory that since this podcast happened 3 months ago or whatever, and that it coincides perfectly with the delay being announced almost 2 and 1/2 months ago... they DID delay the game for Megaman!

In any case, this is disheartening, but I will remain hopeful. We'll all know soon enough.

Cless

Smash Champion
Probably should have put if that were the case after that sentence, but I've made it abundantly clear I want no SF characters in Brawl.

Podcast was made on MM's birthday. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Megaman owns Ryu and you fail
Megaman owns so much sometimes, that he even owns himself! :laugh: Seriously though, Mega Man with a Mario fireball gun FTW! XD

And why the f*** would Ryu be in when Mega Man is Capcom's MASCOT! Sega's mascot in Sonic the Hedgehog is in, Koonami's unofficial mascot in Solid Snake is in, and only 3rd party mascots (or characters who have appeared in a Nintendo owned franchise) should appear in Brawl, PERIOD!

Zorya

Smash Ace
Probably should have put if that were the case after that sentence, but I've made it abundantly clear I want no SF characters in Brawl.
Mind to explain specifically why you want no Ryu... eventhough he would own?

Yeah a 3rd party character from a fighting game in a fighting... jaw dropping... >.>
irony? I think so.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The post above made me bust a gut. :laugh: (the one with all the No pictures)

Anyways, when you say "Megaman's birthday", do you mean his Japanese or North American one? Wasn't the original Megaman released in November in Japan? I know that I was born on the same day that it was released in the US (which is beyond awesome) but that would still be a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone truly know when this podcast was recorded?

Cless

Smash Champion
Mega Man was released on Dec 17th in Japan, and released the same month in America. The podcast was recorded this past Mon I suppose.

Mind to explain specifically why you want no Ryu... eventhough he would own?
I'm pretty sure I already did, but he would be a destroyed character. Playing Ryu in Brawl would not feel like playing as Ryu. Everything that makes up Ryu would not transition to Brawl.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Megaman needs to be in BRAWL!! Isn't something we can do to get Sakurai's attention!!? I mean, c'mon, someone email him the podcast.....!!!

Ok Shade....calm down....gotta keep calm....there's still hope for Megaman even though it's only a tiny glimmer of hope.

X 4 BRAWL!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
If he actually isn't in, it's too late now. The podcast doesn't prove anything though.
I know I'm in some serious denial, but it ain't over till it's over! I still have high hopes that Megaman will be in Brawl. Hmmm....and if not Megaman...than who?

Zero...?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Doesn't have to be anyone.
You don't understand. Megaman, Sonic, Snake, and Mario are destined to be on the same game, namly Brawl. Lets not tamper with the hands of fate.

@Sonicspeed, ha, they'd probably be a riot if Zero made it in and not Megaman. A riot that I wouldn't be apart of. They both are kick@$$!

Cless

Smash Champion

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Hey, I want Mega Man in Brawl as much as the next guy in this thread, but there doesn't have to be another 3rd party from any company.
Uh huh bro. 3rd party characters branch out to Smash Noobs. If they see Megaman in Brawl and have never played Smash a day in there life, then you know good and well they'll pick up a copy. Perfect example: Lots of MGS fans thought smash at first was a kids game, but now, ohhhhhh baby, with the inclusion of Snake, it's now a mans game!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Sonic does that way more than Mega Man ever could (I'm just playing devil's advocate here, I hope you know).
True, but I think it matters not. If I'm not mistaken, Megaman only lost to Sonic by a couple of votes. And Megaman has a strong fan base too, so he'd bring in alot of fans to play the game as well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Uh huh bro. 3rd party characters branch out to Smash Noobs. If they see Megaman in Brawl and have never played Smash a day in there life, then you know good and well they'll pick up a copy. Perfect example: Lots of MGS fans thought smash at first was a kids game, but now, ohhhhhh baby, with the inclusion of Snake, it's now a mans game!
Dude, my cousin is a huge MGS fan, and once he heared of Snake making a appearance in Brawl, he played Melee. In which, his two younger brothers played Melee a lot. Because of that, he is now a average casual smash fan. I can just imagine it with Sonic. It'd be like that times 5. With Mega Man, it'd be like that times 2. Simplpy put, all-stars in one game attract gamers and non-gamers. Them fighting together and against each other all at once is pure nogstalia. It gets you excited. It's the things people dream of-and Sakurai is making it. Megaman is the biggest dream character not confirmed in Brawl yet (not including veterans; specificlally one in green overalls).

Just ponder that for a second. If Sakurai was to make Brawl without Megaman, with Snake and Sonic, he would be making a GRAVE mistake. He's got the 1st and 3rd most reconizable 3rd party characters, but not the first. And never forget the much awaited "end", where Sakurai will reveal what is left in Brawl-mainly the last part of the roster. I have a feeling, we could see a 3rd party character there. *cough Mega Man, Geno, or both cough*

binki4

Smash Apprentice
WHAT megaman for chrismas update in smash bros dojo i don,t think so because sakurai need keiji permission to use megaman in brawl for now on for this and it will be time to use megaman for the before japan release comes on jan 24 08 so their better think fast orit will be to late for now

Top Bottom