• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Almaron

Smash Rookie
I probably sound like a broken record along side the huge number of people who've already stated these points, but, here we are yet again:
1. Nothing but Sakurai determines what is in and out of Brawl.
2 The podcast is INTERPRETABLE evidence. Arguing about it one way or the other has clearly gotten us nowhere.
3. Mr. Inafune, as I stated in about 3 pages back, is not the sole creator of MegaMan, nor is he the owner of the licensing rights.
4. He did in fact say, "No Comment" when addressed at the anniversary event. This is, again, interpretable evidence.
5. We, as an online community, do know that developers can lie. (notice I made no remark about Inafune lying/covering up)

I intended this post to be objectional, from the stand point of someone who has no bias. Naturally this is impossible for me because I have been and always will be a MegaMan fan.

Lastly, I'd like to address those who believe it is their duty to "beat some sense into us". I see no reason why we cannot "delude ourselves", as you put it. As a matter of fact, I would imagine that letting us believe MegaMan is in and then come Jan. 24th find he's not, would be all the sweeter victory for you. So, I simply ASK that you cease to bring this point up.

Did you guys ever think this could be the same case as Sonic? as in they could have a character made for Megaman, a whole moveset and everything all ready for Brawl and are just getting to other offers and negotiations before they get to Inafune.

I'm pretty sure somewhere credible said that Sakurai had a Sonic character with a moveset and all and were just waiting Sega's final confirmation to keep him in Brawl. True or not, couldn't this be the case for Megaman?
It is true that in Beta Testing and Non-Published works, MegaMan's character model may have possibly been created. The copyright infringement prevents others from using your idea in published work, so we would not be wrong in believing this is the case. My Opinion: I find this theory holds little ground though. Sakurai is an intelligent man. He would not create a character model if he had no intention of using it. And it is also true that Beta Testing a character protected by copyright laws is literally skimming the surface of a lawsuit.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Things aren't looking good, guys...

I hope it's just a huge secret and only Sakurai and one other person knows that Megaman is going to be in :p

Snakz

Smash Ace
It is true that in Beta Testing and Non-Published works, MegaMan's character model may have possibly been created. The copyright infringement prevents others from using your idea in published work, so we would not be wrong in believing this is the case. My Opinion: I find this theory holds little ground though. Sakurai is an intelligent man. He would not create a character model if he had no intention of using it. And it is also true that Beta Testing a character protected by copyright laws is literally skimming the surface of a lawsuit.
Of course it could lead to lawsuit if the creator of that character doesn't want the character to be in the game, but seeing as how Inafune has clearly said he likes Smash Bros. and would like to see Megaman in, i dont see why he'd have trouble with Sakurai using Megaman for testing if he was going to ask him about it later. Of course the trouble could possibly be not from Inafune, but with the whole Capcom company, maybe. IMO, i dont think this is the most likely case, but it's possible.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't think they'd go through the trouble of making everything related to Mega Man if they might have gotten a no from Capcom. It seems like a huge waste of time, money, and other resources to me.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
i think all anti-megaman trolls just have to stfu cause it's true that only sakurai knows if someone is truly out or not

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
I've tried to think of some crazy scheme involving this: Mega Man is not in Brawl, but the newer X or MegaMan Exe is in Brawl.... Also I am not either a strong supporter of Megaman or a Megaman hater..

Keiji Inafune apparently produced Megaman, Megaman X, and battle network.. but maybe he was simply lieing to throw people off track or he was saying regular Megaman had no talk yet but crazy old X has been considered.

Maybe they asked Capcom in general. Such as people who own Capcom. Yes, old I know but wait...

Kenji Kataoka produced marvel vs capcom yet did they ask Inafune?? Seriously.. I don't know but that could be something.. Inafune isn't even in the gfaqs credits for this game. Also since its Marvel vs CAPCOM. And if Karoaka led that thing, than maybe Sakurai-san went strait to him for permission.

In later games such as Mega Man Maverick Hunter X is actually says that Inafune is the executive producer.. maybe Inafune is old news now.

Finally, there is a chance that Inafune will beg for Megaman in Brawl like what I heard Hideo Kojima did... Maybe, just maybe Sakurai is waiting for that...

Ok, I guess I kinda figured out after researching that both X and Mega Man are alike but.. What do you guys think?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I doubt Inafune was lieing, but I'm thinking they didn't need to contact him in order to add Mega Man.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
When in doubt, trust the people with the highest post counts....like Stryks, bluebomber, Chi's Finest Psycho, and myself! :grin:

And how the hell does that description from the January 2008 Nintendo Power edition NOT SIMILAR TO BRAWL=??? What is he going to do, stick Mega Man in DBZ: Budkoai Tenchaichi 4=??? (which sucks, especially next to Brawl) :laugh:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We actually knew about the whole interview thing earlier...

Somehow yesterday it got all that attention though.

...But the Sonic interviews and stuff didn't get the S.S.S. down.

SonicMario

Smash Master
The S.S.S. was created after all that stress of the interviews. The S.S.S.'s birthdate would be around Late August/Early September, while the stress that caused negativity was in July I believe. The S.S.S. is only 3-4 months old.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
For the still fighting-RMB members:

sligthly diferent

simply put: where not down yet...
Thanks for the sigs Stryks! I'm not one to switch sigs so quickly, but this is an emergency. Before it was just pro-.EXEs and haters. Now we have pro-.EXEs, haters, AND doubters to deal with. >_>

No, we're not out yet. When will people realize that only a direct deconfirmation from Sakurai will stop us? By that I mean...

1. Deconfirmation on the DOJO.
2. Deconfirmation from SAKURAI in an interview.
3. If Megaman is not found on the final, FULL roster when the game is released.

Listen doubters, and listen well. We don't care if every member of this forum or every member of every other forum comes into this thread to argue that it's over. Until one of the three cases mentioned above happens, we will continue to support Megaman. And that goes for "prophets" or "people with connections" who cannot provide proof, as well. You can "warn" us all you want, but the fact is we aren't convinved that MM is out of the running. I don't know why so many people take it upon themselves to tell us we're deluding ourselves, but I can tell you that your attempts are in vain.

Inafune could very well be lying or dodging. If he isn't, he doesn't have to be the one told or approached. We've told you time and time again, Horinouchi also oversees Megaman projects and Inafune isn't the final say on Megaman. Until it becomes DEFINITE that Megaman is out, your arguements do nothing but irritate us. Megaman could very well be out, but that is only for Sakurai and Nintendo to say, and as long as they are quiet or until the game is released without MM, we won't give up. And with that I close with..

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I see how it is.
And brawlpro. :chuckle:

Thanks for the sigs Stryks! I'm not one to switch sigs so quickly, but this is an emergency. Before it was just pro-.EXEs and haters. Now we have pro-.EXEs, haters, AND doubters to deal with. >_>

No, we're not out yet. When will people realize that only a direct deconfirmation from Sakurai will stop us? By that I mean...

Listen doubters, and listen well. We don't care if every member of this forum or every member of every other forum comes into this thread to argue that it's over. Until one of the three cases mentioned above happens, we will continue to support Megaman. And that goes for "prophets" or "people with connections" who cannot provide proof, as well. You can "warn" us all you want, but the fact is we aren't convinved that MM is out of the running. I don't know why so many people take it upon themselves to tell us we're deluding ourselves, but I can tell you that your attempts are in vain.

Inafune could very well be lying or dodging. If he isn't, he doesn't have to be the one told or approached. We've told you time and time again, Horinouchi also oversees Megaman projects and Inafune isn't the final say on Megaman. Until it becomes DEFINITE that Megaman is out, your arguements do nothing but irritate us. Megaman could very well be out, but that is only for Sakurai and Nintendo to say, and as long as they are quiet or until the game is released without MM, we won't give up. And with that I close with..

MEGAMAN FOR IS BRAWL!!!!!
Fixed.

And those sigs are awsome! *goes and tries to edit sig and stuff* It ain't over til' it's over. Seriously, people who jump to conclusions without thinking of the possibilites are ALWAYS going to be retarted on a issue. :laugh:

Almaron

Smash Rookie

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!!!
^
|
|
------ I commend you on a post well done! As many of us MM supporters have said before, at the end of the day, when the discussions are all played out and the dust from the arguments settles down, we always arrive at the same inconclusive point of: We don't Know.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
^
|
|
------ I commend you on a post well done! As many of us MM supporters have said before, at the end of the day, when the discussions are all played out and the dust from the arguments settles down, we always arrive at the same inconclusive point of: We don't Know.
Thank you, and welcome Almaron! :)

We can go on and on about, back and forth about Megaman's chances but if it takes a miracle for Megaman to be confirmed, then so be it. We must continue to hope and believe until the end. :) I'm not going down without fight! None of us true believers are going down without a fight!!!

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!!

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I wanted Megaman in but now I'm glad he's out, it should help the people in this topic learn just because you can keep twisting things to your liking, doesn't mean they're any more likely to come true.
I know I'm a bit late for this (I was busy taking apart and putting together beds for my family. Darn my manliness!) but that's pretty hypocrital.

If anything, it's the MM doubters who are twisting kenji's words, as if kenji flat out said "NO" when asked about MM's inclusion in brawl. Especially since there were much more claims that supported MM's inclusion.

Basically, NOBODY makes a big deal over much more megaman-supportive info, such as capcom reps being very dodgy and vauge about megaman, and basically giving away megaman's inclusion, but when ONE question SLIGHTLY hurts megaman's inclusion(but still doesn't balance out the megman-supportive info), everyone goes "ZOMG, MEGAMAN DECONFIRMED!!!!!!1111 ;_;"

seriously, am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture? Are us remaining MM supporters the only ones with common sense left?

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Ok...
Ive been looking...
but cant find whatever everybody is talking about...
If someone could give me a link or summary of the stuff...
yeah...thanks...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Joy is an understatement my friend. Try mass ecstasy coupled with slight bouts of hysteria.
More like "about time" being said a lot. We would have the 3 biggest 3rd party characters (that are still in video games; sorry Pacman, you died in the 80's) in Brawl, and it would fit. It only adds to the originality.

And for all who think Mega Man would be like Samus/a Samus clone, you're obviously mentally retarted. K, thanks! :)

Thank you, and welcome Almaron! :)

We can go on and on about, back and forth about Megaman's chances but if it takes a miracle for Megaman to be confirmed, then so be it. We must continue to hope and believe until the end. :) I'm not going down without fight! None of us true believers are going down without a fight!!!

MEGAMAN FOR IS BRAWL!!!!
Fixed. Stop spreaading your lies....MEGA MAN IS BRAWL! :chuckle:

I know I'm a bit late for this (I was busy taking apart and putting together beds for my family. Darn my manliness!) but that's pretty hypocrital.

If anything, it's the MM doubters who are twisting kenji's words, as if kenji flat out said "NO" when asked about MM's inclusion in brawl. Especially since there were much more claims that supported MM's inclusion.

Basically, NOBODY makes a big deal over much more megaman-supportive info, such as capcom reps being very dodgy and vauge about megaman, and basically giving away megaman's inclusion, but when ONE question SLIGHTLY hurts megaman's inclusion(but still doesn't balance out the megman-supportive info), everyone goes "ZOMG, MEGAMAN DECONFIRMED!!!!!!1111 ;_;"

seriously, am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture? Are us remaining MM supporters the only ones with common sense left?
Apparently the rest of the boards is retarted. This was visable at the jack a**es being jerks to people who wanted Waluigi and Stafy playable in Brawl. The SWF Brawl Boards went from high standards for regualar posters to almost no stands, seriously. Sad really had some people have little sense, manners, decency, or respect. :ohwell:

And Mega Man for Brawl people here are better then any other mass character for Brawl movement. Sonic had n00bs come in and ruin things (no offense; there is some here at the Mega Man in Brawl support thread, but nowhere near as numerous), Ridley supporter failed because of the ever lame Club R.I.D.L.E.Y. (as a Ridley supporter, I know like 1/4th their members are working at 4chan now). In other words, the only two really recent mass "X potential newcomer character for Brawl" movements. Then there is Geno-but that's another story. IDK, I always found those two "X newcomer for Brawl" movements to be some of the best "X character for Brawl newcomer character for Brawl" fanbases, that aren't all spam and flame. Yes my fellow Ridley supporters, I am giving YOU a dirty look for spamming and flamming.

Cless

Smash Champion
To be honest, my friend and I made fun of a Waluigi supporter when he was announced as an AT, but I've been making fun of Waluigi all of his existence and I was been staunchly against his inclusion in Brawl as a PC.

Didn't spam up the boards though.

marioseven

Smash Cadet
I would want Mega Man from MM 1-8 in and Zero from MMZ. Here are some moves for them
Mega Man moves:
standard B: Mega buster( u can charge)
Left B: Drill move from mega man and bass
Down B: Junk shield from MM7
Up B: uppercut( like street fighters) or a jetpack

Smash move: Combination with Rush

Zero moves

Standard B: Zero buster( u can charge too)
Left B: Triple Rod
Down B: Shield Boomerang shield
Up B: Uppercut (the one Omega Zero does)
( zero saber used in A moves)
Final Smash: Ultimate cannon ( similar to Samus's Final Smash) or Ultimate Sword Combo ( see Youtube and search Omega Zero Vs Bass first vid).

Zorya

Smash Ace
well...Ill spare your life on that, since ive seen you post in the Takamaru thread alot. I want that pie, its not a failure..

Top Bottom