• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

SonicMario

Smash Master
They will just take the Sonic hater approach and say things like:

"I knew it all along"

"I trolled u guyz 4 teh lulz I alweys new megaman would b in lololol"
Actually that wasn't quite the story. There wasn't much haters the weeks before Sonic was confirmed. But one person who called himself the "Anti-christ of Brawl" named NeoSoul came and made an Anti-Sonic thread in September, about the same time the S.S.S. was being founded by me. Come to think about it, I wish it would of stayed open until 10/10/07 just to see it. But it got closed because of obvious flame wars before then. After he was confirmed. NeoSoul stayed out of the Brawl Character Discussion since then. Only sparingly posting here. He hasn't even showed up once to say anything in the Sonic section. NeoSoul is the only major one I remember though. Others joined just so they could troll by making us angry or say he ruined Brawl and whoever's said it will not buy Brawl.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
and i'm sorry for dissing ridley.
What for? Ridley sucks.

Megaman for brawl.

Actually that wasn't quite the story. There wasn't much haters the weeks before Sonic was confirmed. But one person who called himself the "Anti-christ of Brawl" named NeoSoul came and made an Anti-Sonic thread in September, about the same time the S.S.S. was being founded by me. Come to think about it, I wish it would of stayed open until 10/10/07 just to see it. But it got closed because of obvious flame wars before then. After he was confirmed. NeoSoul stayed out of the Brawl Character Discussion since then. Only sparingly posting here. He hasn't even showed up once to say anything in the Sonic section. NeoSoul is the only major one I remember though. Others joined just so they could troll by making us angry or say he ruined Brawl and whoever's said it will not buy Brawl.
I was not on these forums during the eve of Sonic's confirmation. I had posted on Gamefaqs before I realized how lame that place was and came here. Sonic had his share of haters over there. Believe me.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What for? Ridley sucks.

Megaman for brawl.

I was not on these forums during the eve of Sonic's confirmation. I had posted on Gamefaqs before I realized how lame that place was and came here. Sonic had his share of haters over there. Believe me.
:p Just love seein you ~'s
But enough spamming/flaming/one liners.

I still ain't sure Mega Man ain't in, we've heard rumors that were false before..

EDIT: Sonic had enough hate everywhere for some reason :confused:

Cless

Smash Champion
Anyway, I could see how super hardcore people would see that Sonic ruined it. Of course, it would then follow that Snake ruined it first, but no one listens to super hardcore people of either side.

This interview is way too inconclusive for me, and Sakurai or Nintendo hasn't said anything about Mega Man's inclusion, so I see no reason to worry.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Yes but in Smashboards it was even less. NeoSoul was the only person who "rised against the Inveitable". GameFAQs I heard is full of crap anyway.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Yeah, but there's always a few people on every board that know what they are talking about.
The trolls and spammers far out number them. When I left Gamefaqs 2 months ago, it was drowning in duplicate topics, trolls, and spam. A lot of "L" block character threads. Yes, a tetris block, for Brawl. It was too much.

Cless

Smash Champion
Oh, that's just because L block won the character battle. I'm sure as many of those that were serious, were jokes. I just don't use the boards that have entire sites dedicated to them (like Smash). What's the point? But for import games, I don't really have a reliable place to go.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So what's megaman's status in brawl now? Ismar?
How...no..Why should I know? I ain't all knowing :p
I'm just saying I'm not sure this is true until Sakurai himself confirms it..
Who knows? Maybe Sakurai will confirm him on Jump Fest :chuckle:

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Whew! Finally caught up. This thread got some lovin' today, huh?

I just want to say: It ain't over til it's over. Mega Man for Brawl.

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!....and all that good jazz.

Hate all you want, you can't faze us.

47drift

Smash Journeyman
Sigh~

Regardless of anything that has been said confirming Mega Man being, or not being, included in Smash Bros. Brawl, I still believe that the game was a game made for the fans. Sakurai listens to his public, and will do whatever he feels pleases his fans the most.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Whew! Finally caught up. This thread got some lovin' today, huh?

I just want to say: It ain't over til it's over. Mega Man for Brawl.

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!....and all that good jazz.

Hate all you want, you can't faze us.
Right. Most of the doubt is gone so let's secure hope in this thread.

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!!

On a lighter note it's good to see more progress on the comic.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Yep, I guess you guys dodged a bullet there.

Thanks to some rad stuff said by all the supporters (with some particularly awesome posts by Johnknight and Stryks), we can safely put this to rest. This podcast means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

God, can't game developers just give us straight answers for once?:laugh:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Thats rite, blue bomber said it in better words that I could never could, glad ur the leader...

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!
Megaman is Brawl. Stop speaking your blastphomey crap Stryks! (jk) :chuckle:

That Samus comparison cracks me up, EVERYTIME! lol!
Dude, the first time I heard it I ROFL'd, literally. I fell out of my chair, cracked up, and I think I cried with laughter. But then I said "that was a good joke", and the person said "its not a joek its treu" (same spelling), I think I may have killed them with my uber ownage. Back on GameSpot, stupidity happens! :laugh:

They will just take the Sonic hater approach and say things like:

"I knew it all along"

"I trolled u guyz 4 teh lulz I alweys new megaman would b in lololol"
Totally. That'll be the day. I still love the Sonic stuff. I totally tell them the SEGA of Europe quote doesn't mean s***, they say "get over it, he's not in the game". I literally read October 8th that "Sonic won't be in brawlz cuz he sucks and hes unoriginal and just b cuz he's fast deos n't maen he's in". I think the person is hiding in the darkest corner of TEH INTERNET now! :laugh:

How...no..Why should I know? I ain't all knowing :p
I'm just saying I'm not sure this is true until Sakurai himself confirms it..
Who knows? Maybe Sakurai will confirm him on Jump Fest :chuckle:
HA! That'd rock! That would dominate the show for video game fanatics. The return of the great, amazing, and legendary classic blue bomber, even if it is Megaman from Legends or Megaman X.

@ 47drift: You speak the truth. Whatever the fans want, Sakurai delivers in terms of character roste+more of what we want. And a cool few characters we wanted all along, but didn't know it, like Jigglypuff (GREAT MOVESET!), Ness (we <3 Ness, after all), Ice Climbers (the most original characters in smash, EVER), Captain Faclon (aka Chuck Norris wearing futurist gear), Mr. Game and Watch (2D MADNESS!), Pit (the cult classic character who everyone loves), the Pokémon Trainer (Brawl's Ness/Ice Climbers in terms of originality), Solid Snake (the legendary man who is the greatest video game character ever, who changed it all), and so on.

But Mega Man is just a fan favorite. Everyone knows who he is, and it's half impossible to hate him. He's Capcom's mascot, the 2nd biggest third party developer (behind Square Enix, since SEGA seems to be declining), and argueably the best (with Square Enix, again). Mega Man represents a era of gaming, and the revolutionary combination of a shooter, action, and adventure game, as well as a platformer. He's the original power stealing (Kirby got it 5 years after Mega Man), and he kills to steal. He's a gaming icon that everyone loves, and is the most reconizable character not in any smash game.

He's got AAA reconizability, AAA general fanbase size, AAA pro-Brawl PC fanbase size, AAA originality (he was made about the same time as Samus; Samus doesn't steal people's powers), and he has AAA potential movesets. Honesetly, you could come up with more smash movesets for Mega Man then any other potential character for Brawl. From literally HUNDREDS of powers he takes, the rate of fire, whether he fires in spurts or not, his slide, his swords, his beams, his powers, his upgrades, and even his final smash have literally DOZENS of alterations and possibilites. The possibilities are ENDLESS FOR MEGA MAN IN BRAWL.

So if Sakurai cares about the fans and who they want in Brawl, he'll give the most valued spot in Brawl, the 3rd party spot, to Mega Man. (Geno is another story) It is only the right, smart, and good move to do. Remember a man can lie (they do it all the time, or so says the trustable and great demoncaterpie [a well and respected smashboards member, who ROCKS! :)]), Remember he isn't even running Mega Man anymore, remember what pressure can do (getting asked "is Megaman in Brawl?" a bazillion times), and REMEMBER MEGAMAN X6! :) We can still fight.

If the Mega Man haters block out the sun with their arrows, then we'll fight in the shade! *bad 300 reference* :laugh:

Cless

Smash Champion
Swords? I remember two swords: X6 and Legends series. What other swords do you speak of (if it's from BN or SF then nevermind)?

Almaron

Smash Rookie
If I do recall correctly, (and I believe I do), multiple megaman incarnations have used swords. MM8, the flame sword. X3, with some complicated manipulation, you could gain Zero's sword. I would say MM7, but I don't think slashman's weapon counts as a sword. All of the BN games utilized a sword. Legends used that silly Zet thingy (never played legends much, I got a defective copy from the start and never bothered to get a replacement). X6 you are correct sir, he does use a saber. I think that's it... please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: For my own conspiracy theories and justifications, does anyone know the exact japanese wording Mr. Inafune used when asked about Brawl at the 20th Anniversary convention?

Cless

Smash Champion
Mega Man had a sword in X8? I gotta go play that again. X3 kinda counts I guess, but X was super ridiculous in that game. All the crap he could get.

Del Money

Smash Champion
thanks Del

For all RMB members. Dont get discouraged. If mm is in, what inafune said is pretty much all he could have said without giving it completely away. Remember how sega dodged the sonic question for awhile? this is no different. notice inafune's joking/sarcastic tone. and if he was being so "direct" like everyone says, why would he mislead us and still say maybe nintendo will contact him before the game is released? he is a game designer, he knows its too late to add a character without another delay.

hold strong my friends, we'll shut the haters up shortly;)
Yeah, I'm planning on taking the same approach I took with Sonic. I prefer being pessimistic about something and then having the optimistic result happen...rather than the other way around.

I still fully support Mega Man in Brawl and it would be a devastating blow to my respect for Sakurai as a businessman were he to **** this up. Inafune, on more than one occasion, has revealed that he absolutely loves the Super Smash Bros series. Mega Man would BY FAR be the easiest 3rd party character to acquire. It's obvious that Capcom would jump at the opportunity to allow his inclusion. In fact, I always thought Mega Man's inclusion was more likely than Sonic's (just because even with all the Sonic request, Sega is like the pure definition of business incompetence).

Basically, there is something seriously wrong if Mega Man if left out of this title.

and then people like zorya and green mamba will be nowhere to be found
Well we should completely ignorant Zorya. He's an idiot 4channer who believes he can kick my *** in real life and believes that trolling the internet makes him "cool"...two false statements like that is already a huge damper to his credibility with any bull**** he tries to post.

Starforce Mega Man for brawl
Dear Lord, that better be a joke...

EDIT: Sonic had enough hate everywhere for some reason :confused:
Well you can thank idiots like Oldskool for that. People like him find it easy to hate the more lied characters just because they can.

Mega Man 4 Brawl

Almaron

Smash Rookie
Mega Man had a sword in X8? I gotta go play that again. X3 kinda counts I guess, but X was super ridiculous in that game. All the crap he could get.

You do mean MegaMan 8 right? I don't remember there being any swords involved in X8, aside from our red armored, green boobed friend Zello.

Cless

Smash Champion
Wow, I misread your post. Reading comprehension ftw! Well, 8 has the Rock Ball, the coolest weapon ever. That game warrants a replay too. I didn't really want to replay X8 because I already unlocked everything.

Almaron

Smash Rookie
Wow, I misread your post. Reading comprehension ftw! Well, 8 has the Rock Ball, the coolest weapon ever. That game warrants a replay too. I didn't really want to replay X8 because I already unlocked everything.
Not a problem. X8 was only worth about 1-2 plays anyways.

Seeing as how I have not contributed much to this forum, I'd like to present a new angle that possibly hasn't been examined yet (or it may have and I'm just too lazy to go through 760 pages of posts to find it).

Granted this is a MegaMan thread, but I wish to offer some personal insights. Put on your conspiracy caps my fellow... megafreaks they call us?
What about Zero? Inafune said that Nintendo (Sakurai included I assume) has not contacted him about MegaMan being in Brawl. I know we're all rooting for him as the brawler of choice (as am I), but isn't there the possibility that we're all being lead a little astray? The only reason I would bring this up is because Mr. Inafune has, and probably always will favor Zero as his character of choice. (In order to better ground my idea that he favors Zero, view my following paragraph. Also, it is a known fact that Inafune left the X series to begin designing the MegaMan Zero games, starring none other than his own self designed character.)

Mr. Inafune is not the sole father of MegaMan. He was the co-creator, along with his unnamed supervisor (view the quote to back my evidence here http://tgs.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6179759&msg_sort=1 ). Mr. Inafune's first true, complete MegaMan character designed by him was in fact, Zero. I am actually not fond of the idea of Zero being in Brawl over MegaMan, but I am not prepared to rule out the possibility that we have been duped.

Comments? Flames? Cake?

Cless

Smash Champion
Well, I'd rather have Mega Man over Zero, but I always liked Zero way more than X. Granted, if Zero were in, we'd get the Megaman Zero version, but he'd have a better moveset anyway.

Still, I can't see anyone getting in before the main character. It'd be like putting Knuckles in before Sonic.

Almaron

Smash Rookie
Cake to the face.
Depending on the flavor, I may or may not be offended :D

On Cless' Comment above: I 101% agree with you. MegaMan For Brawl. When the podcast came out, I had at first thought it was over. Of course, after thorough analysis, it clearly wasn't. I wish I could hear his voice without trans-douche-a-lator wrecking it, cuz then I could give an english translation of my own. Only reason I bring up Zero is because Mr. Inafune plays favorites sometimes. But of course, Like someone quoted way back in... like page 104 or something...

The Baddle Hsa Jusd Begun!!!111!!!

D

Deleted member

O_o

How is Megaman considered a Samus clone, and Dark Samus isn't?

*cake to face*

Cless

Smash Champion
I've never played Prime 2 or 3 so I can't comment on Dark Samus, but the only thing similar between Mega Man and Samus is their gun arms.

Almaron

Smash Rookie
I'm not even gonna touch the whole MM = Samus thing. That just gives me a headache. As for DS = Samus, it's a viable question to ask. However, DS is very different from Samus. DS is (as I understand it) an multituous (is that a word?) entity composed entirely of phazon. Where samus relies on machinery and athletic ability, DS relies on, quite simply, itself. If I had to compare DS to something, think of something akin to the force (from star wars), only in samus form. If I am incorrect, somebody please speak up.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I've never played Prime 2 or 3 so I can't comment on Dark Samus, but the only thing similar between Mega Man and Samus is their gun arms.
Which is a stupid argument. Samus can turn into the Morph ball, and Mega Man can use his foes powers.
I'm not even gonna touch the whole MM = Samus thing. That just gives me a headache. As for DS = Samus, it's a viable question to ask. However, DS is very different from Samus. DS is (as I understand it) an multituous (is that a word?) entity composed entirely of phazon. Where samus relies on machinery and athletic ability, DS relies on, quite simply, itself. If I had to compare DS to something, think of something akin to the force (from star wars), only in samus form. If I am incorrect, somebody please speak up.
Pretty good there. :bigthumbu
I can see DS and Samus being a Luigi to Mario type clone.

Same body frame and body work, but with like a select few important move changes and different graphix for movement.

*eats cake*

But Mega Man, no he would be his own character.
MM is his own character, but DS would only be like Samus cause of their size and shape, not moves:p

OK, lets drop the Dark Samus thing.

Almaron

Smash Rookie
MegaMan would indeed be his own character. The most glaring and obvious distinction between Samus and MegaMan is that MegaMan's buster is not always in the "do not stick face here" position. It forms from his hand(s) as he chooses. This gives him a lot more opportunities for more "martial" techniques as opposed to Samus' classic "metal blunt object to the posterior" moves. For example, Samus' usmash is a line of fire above her head. MegaMan's usmash could very well omit the use of his buster entirely, whereas Samus does not have this option.

Bah, I said I wouldn't touch the MM = Samus thing and here I am shaking it like a rag doll...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
MegaMan would indeed be his own character. The most glaring and obvious distinction between Samus and MegaMan is that MegaMan's buster is not always in the "do not stick face here" position. It forms from his hand(s) as he chooses. This gives him a lot more opportunities for more "martial" techniques as opposed to Samus' classic "metal blunt object to the posterior" moves. For example, Samus' usmash is a line of fire above her head. MegaMan's usmash could very well omit the use of his buster entirely, whereas Samus does not have this option.

Bah, I said I wouldn't touch the MM = Samus thing and here I am shaking it like a rag doll...
That's a better argument then mine :chuckle:

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
I want to see the original Mega Man in Brawl. The original series is what I remember and love. It's also where all the best music is. :)

As for Zero, etc., I don't particularly want to see any of them in. In my opinion, they're minor characters in the franchise and should not be playable. However, I wouldn't mind seeing any of them in as assist trophies.

As for Mega Man's final smash, hm... that's tough. Maybe he could summon Rush to attack everybody on screen. :o

Top Bottom