• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

RDK

Smash Hero
Sigh, people keep quoting that cards thing when it really just meant, "we arent talking about Brawl at the moment...", because it was Mario & Sonic Olympics they were discussing...
How were they talking about M&S at the Olympics?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
holy crap, i did not know this little podcast would generate all this!

im not even gonna argue cuz all the loyal mega man supporters here have done a good job of damage control.

to all those that doubt, you'll see when mm is confirmed. and itll make it that much sweeter for the rest of us
I don't know about "damage control", even outside of SWF there are plenty who believe MM is out of the race. The pro-MM side is at a disadvantage. Almost everone has given up.

I'm almost starting to wish Inafune himself said "that's not on the cards at the moment". :ohwell:

But yeah, you've got the right idea. It'll take ALOT more than this to bring us down. We're the R.M.B., nothing short of a direct deconfirmation from Sakurai, the DOJO, or the game's finalized roster will shake us. So despite how dark things look I'll continue to say three words until the bitter end.

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!!!

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't know about "damage control", even outside of SWF there are plenty who believe MM is out of the race. The pro-MM side is at a disadvantage. Almost everone has given up.

I'm almost starting to wish Inafune himself said "that's not on the cards at the moment". :ohwell:

But yeah, you've got the right idea. It'll take ALOT more than this to bring us down. We're the R.M.B., nothing short of a direct deconfirmation from Sakurai, the DOJO, or the game's finalized roster will shake us. So despite how dark things look I'll continue to say three words until the bitter end.

MEGAMAN FOR BRAWL!!!!!
Screw those people. The stout of heart don't give up. Besides, we already gave reasons to doubt his wording in this thread.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
How about something like Megaman not being in brawl?

Man I want him in too, but really you're grasping at straws here.
When it comes from Sakurai on the DOJO or in an interview, or if Megaman's not found when the final roster is discovered, then yes I'll concede. But as said many times before, Inafune could have been lying or dodging. I'll continue to "grasp straws" until the true deconfirmation.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All you idiots saying this is killing Megaman has no shot NEED to read demoncaterpie's post, NOAW! Seriously, read some posts in the thread before stupidly posting. Would he dodge the comment and say "no comment"=??? NO! That basically CONFIRMS Megaman. So lying is really the only way out of it. Plus if Megaman is in Brawl, the "wtf" reaction as with some idiots who believed the "not on our card" comment deconfirmed Sonic. IT'S A POLITICAL MOVE, MORONS!

Look at it. Sakurai saided only HE OR NINTENDO IS GOING TO ANNOUNCE A CHARACTER IN BRAWL! If someone else does otherwise, he'll cut them. (or so he threats) From the original Sakurai poll stuff, seriously. So stop being idiots, mhkay! :)

Edit: Nothing is true/untrue unless Nintendo, Sakurai, or the Dojo say so. Or if it's in the final game, seriously. Outside forces=NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm Inafune's sentence is interesting, he was pretty giddy, he did not say officially Megaman was not in, nor did he say he was in. There is NO WAY neither Nintendo nor Capcom DID NOT contact each other at some point about Megaman. I smell a rat, and I think its Sakurai who is lying about the cheese in the room.

Cless

Smash Champion
I'd like to take this opportunity to be completely off topic to say that Neogeo Battle Colosseum is officially the best game ever because there is a character that attacks with Tetris blocks.

Stryks

Smash Hero
We interrupt you're regularly scheduled flam...I mean...discussion in order to bring you an important message from Lego!

"http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/RMBissue1GIF-1.gif
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/RMBissue2-1.png
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p35/Legolastom/RMBissue3.png

Merry Christmas Mega Man fans, to bad I cant be with you to help with the new dreadful news (Even though I still believe Mega man is in the game for most of the reasons posted...) I hope these comics will cheer you up.

Merry Mega-mess from your founder and demi-leader: Legolastom"

And yes, this is real. LIVE ON LEGO!
SWEEET, looks like im a main character XD anyway I like this, but am I on a rock or being grabbed by a giant or what? XD

Well Mega Man fans, you're only hope is of course if Brawl gets delayed again, but I seriously doubt it will. I'm sorry for your loss.
Not really, inafune can be liying, for all we know megaman COULD be in the game, REMEMBER:

TAKE FREAKIN NOTE OF THIS
1.- in the podcast, it states 'that megaman could still be added, WITH BRAWL COMING OUT IN A FEW MONTHS', Brawl will be released in ONE month, PROVING this podcast IS old....
2.- the podcast is something about bionic commando, his trailer was released MONTHS ago, hell I even believe some time before/after e for all, but not by much...
and finally
3.- in the megaman 20th anniversary convention, instead of saying flat out NO MEGAMAN AINT IN BRAWL NINERNINERNIINEEERR, he says: "No comments" this was one month ago... now think about it, he could:

a)covering up, so he wouldnt reveal anything
b) got contacted by the time the whole bionic commando was podcasted
c) telling the truth...

and inafune KNOWS about gaming, do u really think he would say: "Well theyre a few months left, maybe if I get the call they can add megaman", he KNOWS about SSE, he KNOWS about programming characters, modeling, music, etc... he wouldnt have said this unless hes dilusiontal, again it all seems megaman is in, so please RMB pull urself together!

Zorya

Smash Ace
That guys an idiot..Its clear that this JUST came out since it wasnt discussed before. SHUT UP STRYKS..

Stryks

Smash Hero
That guys an idiot..Its clear that this JUST came out since it wasnt discussed before. SHUT UP STRYKS..
Im sorry, i guess I misunterstood the whole: 'Theres stil ltime, brawl will be released in a few months' WHEN ACTUALLY BRAWL WILL BE RELEASED IN ONE MONTH, EXPLAIN THAT!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Dude, it came out during Megaman's 20th Anniversary. PRobably his JAPANESE ONE! At the American one, he said "no comment". You can shut up, gett off Stryks back, and read demoncaterpie's post. Mykay! :) :p ;)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
It is odd. I think the comment is a pile of bs. Similar commentary came from team Sega regarding Sonic.

Look what happened.

Give this more time, then draw your own conclusions.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Im sorry, i guess I misunterstood the whole: 'Theres stil ltime, brawl will be released in a few months' WHEN ACTUALLY BRAWL WILL BE RELEASED IN ONE MONTH, EXPLAIN THAT!!

Why are you so sure that he knows when Brawl comes out...anybody can say a few months because hes not really sure.

Dude, it came out during Megaman's 20th Anniversary. PRobably his JAPANESE ONE! At the American one, he said "no comment". You can shut up, gett off Stryks back, and read demoncaterpie's post. Mykay! :) :p ;)
no comment means he dont know squat, so get off my back, BB!

Zevox

Smash Lord
No - its clear that it was just broadcast to the public. That does not mean it wasn't recorded some time ago, and simply never released until its scheduled date, thus preventing anyone from learning of it or discussing it until now, which is in fact possible. There is, unfortunately, no real evidence either way - just weak speculation for either side.

Zevox

Cless

Smash Champion
No comment means he has nothing to say about it. It doesn't mean that he doesn't know anything. It means he doesn't wish to speak about it.

Cless

Smash Champion
Why is it such a touchy subject?

It cant possibly be.
Because Sakurai doesn't want him to talk about it, or he just doesn't want to talk about it for no logical reason. I dunno, I'm not Inafune or some other higher up at Capcom.

According to the official capcom site this was recorded on MM's b-day. It's the latest podcast.
Fair enough, I guess Inafune has no concept of time then.

Zorya

Smash Ace
okay...its obvious that you all are in denial, so enjoy believing in your false hopes..

he tried to tell you all, but whatever, ALL of you will soon be disappointed...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why are you so sure that he knows when Brawl comes out...anybody can say a few months because hes not really sure.

no comment means he dont know squat, so get off my back, BB!
Dude EVERYONE knows brawls release, date, hell he SAID he loves smash bros, that enough to memorize the date of the sequel of melee and wiis most anticipated game dont u think?!

oh yeah, no comment, mean he doesnt want to speak about it, its like "cant talk about it" seriously if u think no comment means I dont know anything then ur ********...

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
okay...its obvious that you all are in denial, so enjoy believing in your false hopes..

he tried to tell you all, but whatever, ALL of you will soon be disappointed...
Well if he had given a straight response instead of teasing everyone I would have taken the comment at face value.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well if he had given a straight response instead of teasing everyone I would have taken the comment at face value.
Straight comment? This is about as direct as it gets. . . either he is completely lieing or nintendo has about a few weeks to get MM in brawl.

Cless

Smash Champion
He doesn't have to be lying. He doesn't have to be approached for Mega Man's inclusion, or he could be lying. It's completely possible.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Denial? no, until proven otherwise by the man himself, sakurai, they can create millions of podcasts and whatever and I wont believe it, the people that work with the game say anything so people will be surprised with the final version of the game, megaman is the most wanted 3rd party as of now, popular both in japan and america, and his an icon in videogaming, I think I can speak for all that:
If they add someone else, it would be ********...

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
This is really generating a lot of hype. Maybe that is what Inafune intended on doing? I still have high hopes for Mega Man. The only thing worrying me is which version they will use..*prays .exe/star force isn't used*

Black/Light

Smash Master
He doesn't have to be lying. He doesn't have to be approached for Mega Man's inclusion, or he could be lying. It's completely possible.
I would think so but than he slips into saying saying "we" as in capcom/ his peeps.

Really, theres not much wiggle room there without lying if MM is in.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
This is really generating a lot of hype. Maybe that is what Inafune intended on doing? I still have high hopes for Mega Man. The only thing worrying me is which version they will use..*prays .exe/star force isn't used*
We all know what version they are gonna use! The legendary retro one.

Cless

Smash Champion
I would think so but than he slips into saying saying "we" as in capcom/ his peeps.

Really, theres not much wiggle room there without lying if MM is in.
I'd like to hear the original Japanese to see if he said we, or someone else with better understanding could hear it. He could have also meant his development team. Once again, Inafune and his team didn't have to be approached personally.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I sleep in one day and I miss like ten pages here! what all did I miss that caused all of this!?
A pod cast with the MM creator that was recorded on MM's B-day.
http://blog.capcom.com/archives/730 (says thats when it was recorded)

What he said. .
http://gonintendo.com/?p=32159#comments

@ Cless: I would take the translator's word for it. If capcom show him as good enuff than it would be no different than that Lucas update. . . as in, reg translators would come up with the same stuff.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It could go either way. Hell, he might not even know. He might even be pleading for it, and might soon go to Nintendo BEGGING for it to be so. BUT NOTHING BUT THE DOJO, SAKURAI, NINTENDO, OR THE FINAL GAME CONFIRM/DECONFIRM A CHARACTER. The rest is speculation. PURE SPECULATION!

And if someone else is in over Megaman, Brawl will fail. Honestly, Megaman is the only logical choice (Geno is a Mario character, and another story; don't bring him up). Anyone else would be stupid, and would make the Megaman and mainframe people who aren't then anti-3rd parties in Brawl only idiot extremist upset generally. Out of my dozen or so friends who want or are going to get Brawl, all of them want Megaman, and feel he'll fit in with Sonic, Snake, Mario, and others. He's the ONLY ICON LEFT, FOR GOODNESS SAKES! Honestly, unless God forbid Master Chief is in Brawl, there won't be another 3rd party character, PERIOD!

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Honestly, unless God forbid Master Chief is in Brawl, there won't be another 3rd party character, PERIOD!
Didn't you heard about "Castlevania being the NES icon some time in the Eighties?" and he was on Sakurai's poll, so there are other third party options.

Anyway, Mega Man is a must for Brawl, it would be a shame to not seeing him in.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Didn't you heard about "Castlevania being the NES icon some time in the Eighties?" and he was on Sakurai's poll, so there are other third party options.

Anyway, Mega Man is a must for Brawl, it would be a shame to not seeing him in.
I may catch some flack for this....but Castlevania never wowed me until SOTN.

Besides, Simon Belmont only starred in 2 of the big 3 NES Castlevania titles, Trevor arguably starring in the best of the series.

Megaman had his own games for a good while and they were all pretty decent.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
It could go either way. Hell, he might not even know. He might even be pleading for it, and might soon go to Nintendo BEGGING for it to be so. BUT NOTHING BUT THE DOJO, SAKURAI, NINTENDO, OR THE FINAL GAME CONFIRM/DECONFIRM A CHARACTER. The rest is speculation. PURE SPECULATION!
Deluding yourself is only going to make the inevitable more painful.

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, I like the whole RPG aspect and item management of the more recent Castlevanias more as well. I mean, Castlevania was good beforehand, but it was a little simple.

Top Bottom