• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
so... its about 10 hours till the DOJO is updated. i'm startin to feel a little sick .but if he is not updated i wont lose hope, i mean its almost like its proven that hes in.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I really doubt we'll see Mega Man tomorrow. After Sakurai used Sonic's revelation to soften the impact of the delay, I expect he'd use Mega Man as an announcement just before the game's release, to send hype back up into the stratosphere and get as many people as possible interested in buying the game ASAP - a role many, myself included, had expected Sonic to play.

Plus it doesn't make sense for him to be announced by Capcom themselves tomorrow, since in that case we'd also expect the Dojo update tomorrow, and it would spoil their surprise (not to mention that neither Snake nor Sonic were announced by their creator company, so it would be an odd shift for Capcom to announce Mega Man instead of Sakurai).

...but anyway, whats this about a Mega Man game on the Wii? I'd be very excited if such were coming into being, especially if it were a return to the classic or X sagas. Particularly classic - I've been playing those games on the Anniversary Collection Gamecube disk, and loving every minute of it.

Zevox

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
mega man makes his money on hand held games...like sonic he has never really had a break through game an a major console...(I know X was on PSX and PS2..but they were decent at best...)

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I really doubt we'll see Mega Man tomorrow. After Sakurai used Sonic's revelation to soften the impact of the delay, I expect he'd use Mega Man as an announcement just before the game's release, to send hype back up into the stratosphere and get as many people as possible interested in buying the game ASAP - a role many, myself included, had expected Sonic to play.

Plus it doesn't make sense for him to be announced by Capcom themselves tomorrow, since in that case we'd also expect the Dojo update tomorrow, and it would spoil their surprise (not to mention that neither Snake nor Sonic were announced by their creator company, so it would be an odd shift for Capcom to announce Mega Man instead of Sakurai).
Zevox
Your probably absolutely right about them only using 3rd party characters for big hype purposes. I mean they used Snake to introduce the game Sonic to soften the blow of the delay so its not hard to believe that they'd use Megaman for last minute hype.

Zevox

Smash Lord
mega man makes his money on hand held games...like sonic he has never really had a break through game an a major console...(I know X was on PSX and PS2..but they were decent at best...)
...so the NES, SNES, PSX, and Genesis weren't major consoles? Because classic Mega Man had six games on the first and one each on the second and third, and all of Sonic's best work was on the last.

Zevox

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Hello Mega Fans, I am led to believe that hopes are high today. Sweet if true but I think they might hold onto him for a little longer before revealing him.

Garuda

Smash Ace
Dude... I don't know jack **** about Mega Man, but for some very strange reason I'm a little excited... maybe I just like seeing as many people happy as possible.

Doesn't this seems like a good time though? Monday update, his birthday, slow updates, game needs a little more hype, somehow I can really envision it to be honest.

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Youre completely disregarding the NES and SNES for Mega Man...
As well as the Genesis and Dreamcast for Sonic (SA2 being the last TRUELY good Sonic game)...
Do your homework next time...

MaverickHunterZX

Smash Rookie
Hello all, I was looking at the Mega Man anniversary site, and I was wondering "what the heck is the poll for?", so I used an online translator to translate (duh) the poll in the site and it returned this:
Question to everyone 9th feature! We would like to present what to the lock man who attains 20th anniversaries? Birthday cake Life-size monument Day enactment of lock man Start of TV animation televising Filming decision New work game software World peace
I'm not quite sure, but I think it means:

This is the 9th feature of "Question to everyone"!, since its Mega Man 20th anniversary, what would be a good present for him?:
-A Birthday Cake
-A Real Life-Size Monument
-Mega Man performed day (???)
-Debut in a TV Animation
-Think About doing a Film
-Work on a New Game Software
-World Peace

I'm just guessing what does the poll mean, since I don't know Japanense, and online translators are less accurate than a prediction of Sakurai's updates.
So if it is true, what do you think about it?.

MaverickHunterZX

EDIT: sorry for the bad English, my normal language is Spanish, soo...

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Mega Man must be in Brawl.. Come on Santa- err - Sakurai and deliver!!

(sorry for the lame one liner... busy studying for finals... bksbestbwoy out)

EDIT - yeah i saw that too.. i pray it's either a new game (priority one) or kickass anime series, lol

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man must be in Brawl.. Come on Santa- err - Sakurai and deliver!!

(sorry for the lame one liner... busy studying for finals... bksbestbwoy out)

EDIT - yeah i saw that too.. i pray it's either a new game (priority one) or kickass anime series, lol
Ill take the anime if its X, Zero, Classic, or ZX (in that order)...
The game if its for Wii or DS...
A PSP if the game is for it...
Argh...Im practically comatose right now...

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
1. There already is a Star Force anime x-(.
2. In fact its one of my favorite animes.
1.True...
2.WHAT!?!
The first time I watched that crap...
CN had an hour long "Mega Man" on the guide...
And trust me I was thrilled to see a potential MM movie on its way...
Instead, I got Mega Man fused with the Power Rangers in a preview for the one of thr worst anime to date...
Its just stupid...
They obviously made the show for the 6-8 year old demographic...
Why cant they just make a classic, X, Zero, or ZX anime???
Why pick the two WORST series under the MM name???

tirkaro

Smash Champion
1.True...
2.WHAT!?!
Instead, I got Mega Man fused with the Power Rangers in a preview for the one of thr worst anime to date...
Its just stupid...
I personally like the SF anime (DONT KILL MEEEEEEEEE DDDDD:!!!!!!!!!).
It's a huge improvement over the crappy EXE anime.
And omega xis is badass. yeah, I said it.

MegaTravis

Smash Rookie
1.True...
2.WHAT!?!
Its just stupid...
It is not Crap.
It is not the worst anime to date.Maybe if you took a chance to follow the animes you might like them as well.
Explain why you think its so stupid.
Yeah right 6-8 year olds, thats why so many teenagers are watching it right?
They might make a ZX anime, you never know. If they make new games for those other series they might make animes for them.
I personally think they are two of the best series.

O no... they might make another season then : O
There is a second season already in Japan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSeGknacHbg

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
It is not Crap.
It is not the worst anime to date.Maybe if you took a chance to follow the animes you might like them as well.
Explain why you think its so stupid.
Yeah right 6-8 year olds, thats why so many teenagers are watching it right?
They might make a ZX anime, you never know. If they make new games for those other series they might make animes for them.
I personally think they are two of the best series.
You want my reasoning???
Ok...I can understand that...
And remember, everything I say is based on what Ive seen... And the opinions based on that...
Alright...here goes nothing...
1. Its storyline seems to be a combination of Transformers, Power Rangers, and Battle Network...
Electronic aliens are fighting an epic battle and end up on Earth...
One of these aliens lends his powers to a random boy so he can transform into...a boy in spandex with a head for a hand...
When posing as "Mega Man", this boy must use chips to power himself up and fight the forces of evil...
Seems a little odd to me...
2. The God forsakeb chips are still there!!!
Dear lord!!! At least they made sense when the characters were computer programs!!!
Now he throws a chip the size of a plate into the air and eats it with his hand...
WTF!!!
3. Poor Character Design...
Ok...
First off Ill say that the main character alien thing was pretty cool...
My main gripes with this one are:
A. The boxes on everyone's arms...
and B. The antenna sticking out of the cop's head...
Thats just ********...
4. The massively pathetic main character (human)...
Even Lan was better than this...-insert degrading/curse word/phrase here-...
He seems to have no backbone at all...
Not a very good persona for a protagonist...
The new enemies were cool...
At least the MM-esc ones were...
Id watch the show...but only if I were REALLY bored...

EDIT: Teenagers watch it???
Really???
I knew I was cut off from the social masses at school and all but I really missed that one...
I have honestly heard of 0 people off of this forum that watches this show above the age of 9...

Top Bottom