• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Uh... this is a bad update?

I was also sorta looking for Mega Man (I could imagine his helmet being his icon), but this is by far NOT a bad update. Now I see how low some people really are. >_>' And y'all call yourselves MM fans..?

You still have the rest of the week, so on and so forth.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I would love to know how that's sucking off. Is it bad for me to like an update that isn't Mega Man? :ohwell:
Sakurai can do no wrong to you guys is what I mean, and it's very annoying... You guys even thought the "You Must Recover" update was great. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that we've had nothing but these sort of updates for weeks now... And no, it's not because it isn't Mega Man, it's because it's another filler update on top of a mountain of filler updates - that's why I'm tee'd off right now...

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Sakurai can do no wrong to you guys is what I mean, and it's very annoying... You guys even thought the "You Must Recover" update was great. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that we've had nothing but these sort of updates for weeks now...
Uhhh, dude. I'm not one of those people who thinks "you must recover" updates are great. I like today's update BECAUSE event matches were one of my favorite modes in Melee and I like the idea of Co-Op for it.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and before people start getting on my case too, I've played (and beat) Mega Man 1 - 8, MM&B, MMX 1 - 6 (I want to play X7 and X8 but I don't have the right console), and a handful of those Battle Network things, and the reason I got a PSP was to get Sonic Rivals 2, and the 2 Mega Man games on it.

I want him in this game because he's a perfect fit and is just too pwnsome to pass up. If there is a third 3rd Party character, it HAS to be him! There's no others that could stand up to him!

So, although today there was a good chance, just remember, there's still a decent chance he'll be revealed withen the week. If not, CHIN UP. He still has the best chance on the same level or higher of many other 1st party characters.

'Nuff said.

Oh, and WilyBrow ftw.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Uhhh, dude. I'm not one of those people who thinks "you must recover" updates are great. I like today's update BECAUSE event matches were one of my favorite modes in Melee and I like the idea of Co-Op for it.
We've known about Co-Op ALREADY for months now... So he describes another area in which it's utilized, it was still already a given. Some of these updates almost seem like repeat updates. Shouldn't Sakurai be trying to build hype for his game, especially considering it's less than two months off? Then again, Nintendo really sucks at promoting their products in general...

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Actually, one of the reasons I hate this update is that it pretty much OFFICIALLY deconfirms personalized target tests. Also, I have no friends who play Smash, so I really hope they don't make beating co-op stuff a requirement for unlocking anything.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Uh... this is a bad update?

I was also sorta looking for Mega Man (I could imagine his helmet being his icon), but this is by far NOT a bad update. Now I see how low some people really are. >_>' And y'all call yourselves MM fans..?

You still have the rest of the week, so on and so forth.
And you question Mega Man fans for being angry that hes not the subject of his 20th birthday? If he is in Brawl, this would have been the perfect day to let us know so. If he appears at all this week, it would be his "late birthday present".

But no, we're about 10 days away from two whole months with no new or returning characters and Mega Man would have been the perfect one to liven things up a bit on the Dojo. Now we just have Co Op and Events smashed into another lame orange update. Ugh.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, that may seem like a whine to a lot of people, but one of my favorite ways to kill time was to continue pushing all of my TT times down by microseconds and it was fun because each character had their own. Now it's all just bland and generic, and I think they did it just out of laziness or possibly they just didn't have enough time, in which case I would rather see the game delayed a little more to have more TTs in.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Ouch. I'll admit, this is indeed a crushing blow to Megaman fans, (even I was sure Megaman would be shown today), but this is only one lost battle. We can still win the war! :cool: Also, because today IS Megaman's birthday, perhaps there will be an interview or something that could leak his presence in Brawl. And with that I'll say:

HAPPY 20TH MEGA MAN!!!!!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
And you question Mega Man fans for being angry that hes not the subject of his 20th birthday? If he is in Brawl, this would have been the perfect day to let us know so. If he appears at all this week, it would be his "late birthday present".

But no, we're about 10 days away from two whole months with no new or returning characters and Mega Man would have been the perfect one to liven things up a bit on the Dojo. Now we just have Co Op and Events smashed into another lame orange update. Ugh.
I'm not angry about Mega Man not being announced today - in fact, I wasn't really expecting it in the first place (I've come to know Sakura better than that... :chuckle:). What has me tee'd off is jokers coming into this thread saying "Why is everyone mad? I thought is was a good update." That's asking for trouble, and they know it. We're coming close to two months without any character updates - not even Veteran Fighters - so people are naturally getting a bit on edge. And weeks on end with updates of this sort really don't help matters.

Naoshi

I had no intention of teeing anyone off, and infact I actually DO support Mega Man for Brawl. And even I didn't expect much today. (I once posted in this topic before, but I'm too tired to look for that post now)

If you guys really think my post looked that rude in any way, then I'm sorry for that. I sometimes give bad first impressions. So once again, I didn't mean to get on anyone's bad side.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I had no intention of teeing anyone off, and infact I actually DO support Mega Man for Brawl. And even I didn't expect much today. (I once posted in this topic before, but I'm too tired to look for that post now)

If you guys really think my post looked that rude in any way, then I'm sorry for that. I sometimes give bad first impressions. So once again, I didn't mean to get on anyone's bad side.
Sorry for exploding the way I did. I have no excuse for doing so. I'm a bit on edge for personal reasons at the moment and I let a minor annoyance get blown way out of proportion...

Naoshi

Sorry for exploding the way I did. I have no excuse for doing so. I'm a bit on edge for personal reasons at the moment and I let a minor annoyance get blown way out of proportion...
It's okay, things like that happens, so I forgive you.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
:(

......Maybe Wed?

Its nearing January....we have to get a character update at some point right?

orintemple

Smash Lord

......Maybe Wed?

Someday..... someday.

Is this the fastest growing thread ever or is it just me. I posted not even 2 days ago and there is 17 more pages XD

It's good to see that so many of you want Megaman :)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

......Maybe Wed?

I don't know about Wednesday, but yeah we're getting closer and closer to Brawl's release in Japan. We've got roughly a month and week left, so unless they delay it yet again, then we should be nearing the juicy info and confirmations. And even if they did delay it again, Megaman could be confirmed for compensation.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
IDK, right now Im assuming that 01/15 (one week after I go back to school) the Japanese will have stolen a copy and spilled the roster.
Hah. You think they will torrent Brawl? What if Nintendo has really kept the lid on tight for this thing and there were no leaks? They seem to be doing a good job....minus the Krystal VA slip up of course...

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
I think Megaman's not going to be revealed until after Japan's release, and he'll be a secret unlockable character. I think that's what they planned Sonic to be, but then changed it to Megaman once they decided to confirm Sonic.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hah. You think they will torrent Brawl? What if Nintendo has really kept the lid on tight for this thing and there were no leaks? They seem to be doing a good job....minus the Krystal VA slip up of course...
WELLL, there was a copy of SMG torrent out on the web like a few weeks before it was released cause they had public play copies sented out to GameSpots.

And even if they don't give out demos theres still the fact that reviewers will have the game a month before hand as to review it in that months mag. A drunk reviewer spoiled half of TP weeks before it came out cause he was given one and said "screw not talking!". Post pics and what nots.

Too many factures out there for it NOT to be leeked. Ranging from reviewers to retailer's demos to teens who work at game stores and decide to still one of the first shipments of the game.

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Not every game's copies for reviews are released before the game itself. Sometime big magazines have to wait for the real release date.

Xerroo

Smash Journeyman
Well...it's safe to say that Mega Man is not in the game period.

Sorry guys....we had a good run but we have to accept facts.

I guess I'll have to main as Link seeing as Jigglypuff isn't in either.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Don't think that yet, Sakurai could just be holding his confirmation for a later time.

Sakurai said he wasn't going to reveal secret characters, besides those occasional ones like Snake and Sonic to get hype.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion

dont think that just yet.

it could be possible nintendo wants capcom to announce his inlcusion before them. that is why he could be announced tommarow.

dang, I am gone one weekend and you guys jump the thread up 30 pages!?

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman

Dont give up...
Do you see 40+ characters yet???
Are 3+ of them 3rd party chars???
We still have a chance...
I mean theres Christmas, New Years, and Japan's release yet to come...

EDIT: Oh, and Jigglypuff is probably dead...Along with Luigi, Cpn Falcon, Dr. Mario, and Pichu.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Dont give up...
Do you see 40+ characters yet???
Are 3+ of them 3rd party chars???
We still have a chance...
I mean theres Christmas, New Years, and Japan's release yet to come...

EDIT: Oh, and Jigglypuff is probably dead...Along with Luigi, Cpn Falcon, Dr. Mario, and Pichu.
I was about to point out those dates.:urg:

and I cant tell if you are sarcastic or not, I can understand Dr.Mario, and Pichu, But Captain falcon and luigi are safe. dont forget ness is likely out.

I havnt given up hope, its actualy understandable that real world events wont have any connection to updates. so I will wait patiently for the random megaman announcement that will make me a happy guy.(heres hopeing for a megaman(X) update christmas present still though)

tirkaro

Smash Champion

jigglypuff is pretty much confirmed.
she was leaked by snake's voice actor.

and megaman will be in

I guarantee it.

say, what happened with the countdown anyway?

Naoshi

Not every game's copies for reviews are released before the game itself. Sometime big magazines have to wait for the real release date.
Woah, didn't expect you in this forum. Hey, Pluvius.

Anyways, where is everyone getting that Jigglypuff, Luigi and Captain Falcon not being in Brawl idea from? o.o I'm sure they will be in. Jigglypuff HAS to be in, it's a tradition to the series to beat Classic mode in order to unlock her. Same with Luigi but with Break The Targets.

I'm sure Captain Falcon will be back, but it baffles me why he isn't on the Dojo site...perhaps a hidden character again? D:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
A Falcon Pawnch to everyone who lost the faith in the Blue Bomber. Sorry, but it was OBVIOUS that he would not appear in todays update. It's Sakurai after all...

Zevox

Smash Lord

And what would make that the case? Its not like any other character had their announcement linked to a real-world date of some significance to them. Sakurai even passed up the chance to update Snake on his creator's birthday.

Honestly, if Mega Man is in, I suspect he'll be revealed the week before the Japanese release. It would be just what they need to bump the hype back up and get as many people as possible interested in buying the game ASAP, particularly since Sonic was already used on softening the delay news and thus can't take that role himself.

Zevox

Top Bottom