• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
To give people some hope, this is something I've pointed out in a forum a long time ago:

Did you guys know that Sin and Punishment (the game that has Saki (that AT)) was developed by a 3rd party company Treasures? And from what Sakurai said, Saki was a requested character.

As we are aware, Mega Man is more requested than Saki. Mega Man still has a good chance everyone!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
To give people some hope, this is something I've pointed out in a forum a long time ago:

Did you guys know that Sin and Punishment (the game that has Saki (that AT)) was developed by a 3rd party company Treasures? And from what Sakurai said, Saki was a requested character.

As we are aware, Mega Man is more requested than Saki. Mega Man still has a good chance everyone!
Saki is owned by Nintendo.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Well...it's safe to say that Mega Man is not in the game period.

Sorry guys....we had a good run but we have to accept facts.

I guess I'll have to main as Link seeing as Jigglypuff isn't in either.
Wow, you sure abandoned hope pretty fast. :confused:

Honestly, if Mega Man is in, I suspect he'll be revealed the week before the Japanese release. It would be just what they need to bump the hype back up and get as many people as possible interested in buying the game ASAP, particularly since Sonic was already used on softening the delay news and thus can't take that role himself.
That's a good way to think of it. Prior to October, I always thought Megaman's confirmation would play second fiddle to Sonic's. However, now that Sonic's already been confirmed, that now makes Mega Man the show-stopping 3rd party character.

As for Jiggly, Luigi, and Falcon, Jigglypuff and Luigi have been leaked. And we shouldn't count the ol' Cap out just yet, as there hasn't been any indictation of his exclusion.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
You know people, Sakurai made all these updates months ahead of time. That means the updates we are getting now we normally would have gotten while already playing the game. So I doubt there will be any real groundbreaking updates for a while.

Cless

Smash Champion
Anyone who seriously thinks that Captain Falcon won't be in the game in some fashion should slap themselves. They're not going to put Samurai Goroh in and not the most popular F-Zero character.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The only reason of Captain Falcon not returning could be that Snake would "replace" him as the manliest character evarr. And if Sakurai really does that, he would also give Rayman the last 3rd party spot. Ain't gonna happen! Just imagine Snakes codec conversation about Falcon! That would be freakin sweet!

Oh, and Mega Man 4 teh Brawl etc.

Edit: Oh, ad I forgot about the "wearing the tightest pants in existence" part. o_O

RDK

Smash Hero
The only reason of Captain Falcon not returning could be that Snake would "replace" him as the manliest character evarr. And if Sakurai really does that, he would also give Rayman the last 3rd party spot. Ain't gonna happen! Just imagine Snakes codec conversation about Falcon! That would be freakin sweet!

Oh, and Mega Man 4 teh Brawl etc.
Snake? Replace C. Falcon as the manliest character? Never in a million years.

As much as I like Solid Snake, Falcon is still the manliest man.

This week's updates sucked, with the sole exception of deconfirming both Stafy and Waluigi. Sakurai actually did something good for once!

Kittah4

Smash Ace
You know people, Sakurai made all these updates months ahead of time. That means the updates we are getting now we normally would have gotten while already playing the game. So I doubt there will be any real groundbreaking updates for a while.
If that was even close to true then the tone of the updates would be much different. After Melee came out, the updates quickly shifted to unlockable stuff like Luigi and etc. We're still learning stuff that could be found out with 10 seconds of fiddling around in menus.

I'm not counting Mega Man out just yet, but man did they miss the most significant day they could have released him.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
i'm not sure if they would make a 3rd party character a secret, you would think capcom would want some hype too, they have an upcoming wii game. that leads me to believe he will be announced before the japan release. but one things for sure. MEGAMAN FTB!!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well Im dissapointed, even tough I guess my hopes were too high... but even so... seriously this update COULD have been SO much better...

Cless

Smash Champion
I really don't want him to reveal Megaman. It might be foreshadowing another delay. He'll probably release all the characters on, or a little bit before, Japanese release day since he's not putting too much priority on keeping secret characters under wraps via wifi.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I did say months ahead of time, didn't I? I guess it's about one month, so maybe it's not that big of a deal.

Also, Mega Man's too awesome for an update. That's the obvious explanation.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I keep hearing talk of a "guest speaker" at Capcom that's supposed to happen at some point. Where exactly are people finding this information?

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I keep hearing talk of a "guest speaker" at Capcom that's supposed to happen at some point. Where exactly are people finding this information?
That was in reference to the 20th Anniversary event on the 18th of November which has long passed. I don't remember who the speaker was, but it wasn't Sakurai.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
wow, everyone here sounds thoroughly dissapointed... i guess im a little too, but that doesn't mean we should give up hope!

Mega Man 4 Brawl!

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
IMO he is the most deserving 3rd party representative left. I'd love to see Classic Megaman duking it out against Mario, Samus, and the lot.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
true. no one should give up hope, i mean its almost like its confirmed hes in, i just NEED to see it soon cuzz i wanna. MEGA MAN FTB!!

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
I think its fairly obvious that mega man is the obvious front runner for final 3rd party slot...
-Mega man originated on nes
-Capcom has had success working with Zelda series
-Most of MM more recent games have appeared on Nintendo consoles
- He's ultra bad ***
- Proto man AT with whistle entrance would make me **** in my pants

DID I MISS ANYTHING??

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
I think its fairly obvious that mega man is the obvious front runner for final 3rd party slot...
-Mega man originated on nes
-Capcom has had success working with Zelda series
-Most of MM more recent games have appeared on Nintendo consoles
- He's ultra bad ***
- Proto man AT with whistle entrance would make me **** in my pants

DID I MISS ANYTHING??
Even better, Proto Man with whistle is Mega Man's final smash. He gets the trademarked entrance and the two brothers rain absolute hell on everyone on stage. I like the Super Adaptor idea, but the Proto Man one seems more creative. I mean....wouldn't the Super Adaptor bear aresemblence to Super Sonic..(Flying around, but with hand punch missle things) ? Maybe it's just me, but I would be happy with either one. The only thing that can ruin Mega Man for me is if he shows up in any series made after X.
EDIT: I know why Super Adaptor was bugging me a bit. I'm just not a huge fan of Rush...That creepy stare he does...*shivers* I wouldn't mind a B+Up with Rush or the Super Adaptor final smash, but I hope they don't go Marvel vs. Capcom on us (Rush is following Mega Man around)

Top Bottom