• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

omiz144

Smash Apprentice
I have no doubts that Megaman is in Brawl!

Choosing Rayman or dare I say, PACMAN over the Blue Bomber is just plain stupid.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
you forgot bomberman too

btw...this question may have already answered but is mega man XZ worth the buy or should i just rent it?? and on that note should I skip the first one and just get advent?

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Megaman has really good popularity. He has a 9/10 chance to be in Brawl well, that is what I think

EDIT: Honey Dumplings

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
yeah i read about that scamble battle stuff a couple days ago. IF they actually are doing it, and it is a multiverse Mega Man fighting game then I fear for mm's chances. thats not to say it would be impossible for him to still be in brawl, but it would certainly lower them.

personally i hope they still scrapped the idea and have already allowed mm in brawl. Cuz seriously, id rather play as mm in brawl against many legendary characters than mm against other mm characters.
Hell i dunno about you but a three way ****** of exe or starfail by classic, X, & Trigger is looking pretty equal to Mega Man in Smash BrosIMO...:chuckle:

And then remember the point made about Sonic in Brawl after the Olympic Games released.

Cless

Smash Champion
I thought the Olympic Games only solidified Sonic's chances, but this Scramble Battle is another situation entirely. If it's a more traditional Capcom fighter than Smash like, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. Well, if it is Smash like, then maybe they'll put one of the Megamans in Brawl as a taste of what's to come.

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
hopefully, i mean i like the idea of scramble battle but still, i dont want it to ruin megamans chances.

Zevox

Smash Lord
btw if proto man is an AT he would jump around and shoot like in MM 3...but should he be in pixel form?
I'd say no, personally. He got full near-3D treatment in Mega Man 7, 8, Power Fighters, and Power Battle, and looked **** good as such. But then again I don't like any of the pixel-style ATs, so that may just be bias talking.

Anyway, I'm curious: if Scramble Battle turns out to be this multiverse Mega Man fighting game we're speculating it is, what kind of roster would everyone want? Obviously each of the Mega Man forms would be in, which gives us something like 8 characters as a base, but I would expect some other major characters from the series to show up too, wouldn't you? Personally, I think they'd need Proto Man and Bass from the classic saga, Zero from the X saga, and Roll from the Battle Network series for sure, but I'm not sure beyond them. Maybe Duo from the classics and Gutsman from Battle Network? I wouldn't know who might be in from Star Force, ZX, or the like either, since I never played them.

Zevox

Cless

Smash Champion
Protoman
Bass
Duo?
Roll (joke character)?

Sigma from MMX
Vile
Zero
Axl?

Tron Bonne
Juno?

Zero?
Harpuia
Leviathan
Fefnir
Phantom?

ZX is just rehashes, and I don't know (read: care) about BN or Star Force.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It'll probably be something like this:

classic:
Megaman
Protoman
Bass
Duo
Roll
Gutsman
Cutman
Dr. Wily

X:
X
Zero
Axl
Vile
Sigma

Legends/DASH:
Trigger
Tronne Bonne
Juno

EXE:
Megaman exe
Protoman exe
Bass exe
Roll exe
Gutsman exe

Starforce:
Geo Stelar/Megaman
Sonia Strumm/Lyra Note
Luna Platz/Queen Ophiuca
Bud Bison/Ox Fire

Zero:
Zero(MMZ look)
Harpuia
Leviathan
Fefnir
Phantom

ZX:
Vent/Aile
Grey/Ashe
Pandora
Prothemesis

hunter-x

Smash Apprentice
oooh, i like the sound of that tirkaro. i think that pretty much sums it up. but what about the fighting engine, something like super smash or more like mvc, you never know they may choose something other than what they had in the past so what does everyone else think about it. which kind of fighting engine do you think would be best for a game like that with megamens.(i made up that term)!!

Byron X

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Megaman is gonna be revealed this week, something tells me he's in.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
I don't know if we're getting any characters until brawl comes out...

though i do hope that we do (specially the next third party character, whom i believe is ROCK)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
The updates have been picking up more as of late, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got a character of some sort this week.

Let's just hope it's our favorite blue bomber. *prays*

Zevox

Smash Lord
Personally, I stick by my previous assertion. If Mega Man is in, I think they'll wait until the week or two before the Japanese release (maybe even the week of it - just noticed that Jan 24th is a Thursday) to reveal him, in order to maximize the hype just before the release and get as many people as possible interested in purchasing the game ASAP. I sure as hell won't mind if he gets revealed before then, but I'll be surprised to say the least.

Zevox

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Also to add to the list, could you throw in my idea for Mega Man X: Command Mission 2 (Final Fantasy epicness meets Elf Wars) and Mega Man Zero Remastered (Devil May Cry meets Mega Man Zero series)

That is teh win.
Err....CM with Final Fantasy epicness and no ElF Wars, and you've got yourself a deal.:chuckle:

I have no doubts that Megaman is in Brawl!

Choosing Rayman or dare I say, PACMAN over the Blue Bomber is just plain stupid.
Exactly. While Pac-man is argueably slightly more iconic, he just doesn't have the popularity or the moveset possibility, or the PWNage factor Megaman has. No where close. And even conceiving Rayman over Megaman is capital "F-A-I-L-U-R-E" FAILURE beyond words.

you forgot bomberman too

btw...this question may have already answered but is mega man XZ worth the buy or should i just rent it?? and on that note should I skip the first one and just get advent?
Bomberman is unquestionably the best 3rd party choice after Megaman. As for ZX, I'd rent it first.

Edit: As for my roster idea for Scramble Battle, I'll do that in a later post

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I cant see pacman playable before megaman or even bomberman, and yeah the only real competitor for megaman is bomberman (that isif sakurai doesnt consider geno 3rd party, and he BETTER not)

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
My Scramble Battle roster is:

Classic
Megaman
Protoman
Bass
Duo (unlockable)
Roll (unlockable)
Dr. Wily (unlockable)

X
X
Zero
Axl
Vile (unlockable)
Sigma (unlcockable)
Colonel (unlockable)
Iris (unlockable)

Legends
Megaman Trigger
Tron Bonne
Tiesel Bonne
Glyde (unlockable)
Megaman Juno (unlockable)

Zero
Zero
Harpuia
Phantom (unlockable)
Kraft (unlockable)

ZX
Aile
Grey
Prometheus (unlockable)
Pandora (unlockable)

.EXE
Rockman.EXE
Protoman.EXE
Bass.EXE (unlockable)

Star Force
Megaman Geo
Harp Note (unlockable)

31 is a ridiculous number but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the MM cast so in additon to main heroes and villains I threw in those I'd like to play/fight.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously they can make a game that features just bass and ill buy it, bass is too hardcore...

of all of those I would probably go with bass, bass.exe and classic megaman, hoping they have some sort of super attack ala MvC or Final smash like :p

Stryks

Smash Hero
Not bad, 3 issues or so so far, il lupload them on 01/01/08, so dont worry, it will take a while before most of the clubs are showned tough, but theyll be part of the battle XD

Zevox

Smash Lord
31 is a ridiculous number but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the MM cast so in additon to main heroes and villains I threw in those I'd like to play/fight.
That roster looks great to me, save that I'd personally add Roll to the Battle Network crew (I don't think they all have .Exe after their names, I'm pretty sure thats just Mega Man). Shes a pretty prominent character in that series, and pretty much Mega Man's girlfriend to boot. I'd even put her in above the BN Bass actually, since he was a bit of a fringe character in that series (although I am speaking only of the first two games, I didn't play 3+, so maybe he became more prominent after 2).

And yeah, a game like that is a once in a lifetime opportunity that way. I'd look forward to pitting classic Bass versus Zero, personally - Dr Wiley's two greatest creations finally having the chance to duke it out. Although just the chance to destroy everything from the recent games with classic Proto Man would be enough to make me buy the game regardless :) .

Zevox

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
That roster looks great to me, save that I'd personally add Roll to the Battle Network crew (I don't think they all have .Exe after their names, I'm pretty sure thats just Mega Man). Shes a pretty prominent character in that series, and pretty much Mega Man's girlfriend to boot. I'd even put her in above the BN Bass actually, since he was a bit of a fringe character in that series (although I am speaking only of the first two games, I didn't play 3+, so maybe he became more prominent after 2).

And yeah, a game like that is a once in a lifetime opportunity that way. I'd look forward to pitting classic Bass versus Zero, personally - Dr Wiley's two greatest creations finally having the chance to duke it out. Although just the chance to destroy everything from the recent games with classic Proto Man would be enough to make me buy the game regardless :) .

Zevox
Bass vs. Zero vs. Mega Man= Apocolypse...
Its Mega Man.exe...
Roll.exe...
-insert name-.exe...
They all had it...
Bass.exe is near to nothing plotwise in the games...
In the manga however...he became a god of destruction by his own right...All in the main story...
sick...sleep...

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
Hell i dunno about you but a three way ****** of exe or starfail by classic, X, & Trigger is looking pretty equal to Mega Man in Smash BrosIMO...:chuckle:

And then remember the point made about Sonic in Brawl after the Olympic Games released.
yeah, sonic in mario olympics game is proof that mm could be in brawl and some seperate game, but if this "scramble battle" is how we think then it will be a direct competitor with smash. but i think itll be more like MvC

The updates have been picking up more as of late, so I wouldn't be surprised if we got a character of some sort this week.

Let's just hope it's our favorite blue bomber. *prays*
*prays too*

Not bad, 3 issues or so so far, il lupload them on 01/01/08, so dont worry, it will take a while before most of the clubs are showned tough, but theyll be part of the battle XD
what did you decide to do with the waluigi club? lol

Top Bottom