• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Today was his 20th anniversary, he still didn't get update. I'm having doubts now that he won't even be in Brawl

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
NOW THAT IS BAD ***!!

and if you try to hit him he uses his shield!!

btw does he have biometal in xz?

Most of the biometals in the ZX games are the ones based on certain MMZ characters. Protoman doesn't have a biometal in the series (same goes for the rest of the classic characters), however, his kart from Battle and Chase had a cameo appearance XD

Ninjuku

Smash Journeyman
Ohhhhh dammit it all to Hades! Megaman was suppose to be confirmed on his anniversary. *hits head on keyboard* Curse Sakurai!! Curse em!
Shhhh...
You might anger the mighty Sakurai...
Ruler of the Roster...
King of Classics...
Master of Melee...
Giver of Updates...
Destroyer of Hopes and Dreams...

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Shhhh...
You might anger the mighty Sakurai...
Ruler of the Roster...
King of Classics...
Master of Melee...
Giver of Updates...
Destroyer of Hopes and Dreams...
All dictators are eventually overthrown if the people start to detest him as a united front. As of right now, as of this very moment this is how I feel about the man right now. The arrows below will determine my love/hate relationship with him.

---------------------------------> 70 % hate

---------> 30 % love

That miserable bum should of confirmed Megaman 2 DAY!! What's with him anyways?!

Cless

Smash Champion
What, he has to cater to you specifically? Megaman's birthday isn't important to Nintendo or Brawl. It's important to Capcom. Sakurai will update Megaman when he's good and ready, or after the game comes out in Japan. Whatever comes first.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I am going to assume sakurai wont update due to dates unless they have to do directly with him, it could explain why he passed up 3 perfectly good dates for MM's inclusion announcement.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
at this point there just isn't anything to fully speculate about, we just have to wait and watch

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
The R.M.B. informant strikes again, but this one's a bit of a controversy:

In the January issue of Nintendo Power, they celebrate the Blue Bombers 20th Birthday.

And according to the articles, which I haven't read yet, but I'm gonna quote XHunter's post:

Quote from: XHunter
"What I found interesting is that Horinouchi had planned to create a game for the 20th Anniversary of Mega Man where all of the iterations of Mega Man could fight each other. Sounds almost like a Street Fighter or Marvel Vs Capcom type game. Unfortunately there wasn't enough man power to make the game a reality. Horinouchi concluded that he'd like to give that type of game another shot if given the chance."

And there you have it folks.
Courtesy of Kyouya Garyuu from Rockman Perfect Memories... Now this is saddening since we have long speculated that there would be a multiverse game and Capcom clearly stated in this interview that that's what they had in mind for Scramble Battle. It was supposed to be Super Smash Bros: Megaman edition... *stop looking at me like that, I'm so serious right now, lol* The debate is whether or not the project is really dead or maybe Capcom's keeping things under wraps. There's a reasonable speculation going on and things seem to be pointing towards the latter idea. Capcom couldn't make it a reality for the 20th Anniversary, but in the same breath, they didn't deconfirm a Wii Mega Man game and they also didn't de-confirm it as being multiverse... If you want to hear/read more insight into this affair, here's the link to the thread:

http://www.rockmanpm.com/forum/index.php?topic=5411.0

ur job here is to discuss... thoroughly. (For all we know, this might be the reason we don't see anything in regards to a certain Blue Bomber in our current updates... Capcom wouldn't want SSBB stealing hype from Scramble Battle by announcing him, so maybe he's secretly in there so SSBB fans are happy, then later Scramble Battle comes out to please the Mega Man fans)

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Uhm, if that's true, Mega Man will not be in Brawl period.
Ouch. Didn't think of it like that... Also a bit of insight from rabid fans on the forum:

Hold on, now, hold on,

We still have a game for Wii coming up right?
"Scramble Battle"?
Who knows when this interview was done. It's very possible that after the 20th Anniversary in Japan, Capcom said "Fine, do it.", and now we get the all-inclusive Megaman fighting game we've all been waiting for.
We can only hope for so much.

But, then again, this IS Capcom we're dealing with here. Sometimes, it seems like they can stoop to "Sega-like" levels of hating ideas that would just do more to give them a license to print money
So which side of the fence are we all on? And before i forget:

Mega Man 4 Brawl/Scramble Battle must be made!

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
What, he has to cater to you specifically? Megaman's birthday isn't important to Nintendo or Brawl. It's important to Capcom. Sakurai will update Megaman when he's good and ready, or after the game comes out in Japan. Whatever comes first.
as a distraction for when brawl gets delayed

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Scamble Battle sounds like a very nice idea for a game. However, it could very well jeopardize Megaman's inclusion. On the other hand, it's cancellation could spell success for us. I see one of four scenerios.

Scenerio 1: Megaman Scramble Battle would be Capcom's trump card game for Megaman's 20th Anniversary, and would be promoted by Megaman's inclusion in Brawl.

Scenerio 2: Because Scramble Battle is cancelled, Capcom agrees to have Megaman in Brawl to make up for the cancelled game.

Scenerio 3: Because of Scamble Battle, Capcom does not feel the need to agree to Megaman in Brawl.

Scenerio 4: Same as Sceenerio 3, except in this instance, Scamble Battle is cancelled thus no crossover game for our Blue Bomber on his Anniversary.

Note: When I say "cancelled" in the exapmles, I mean "cancelled for certain". It seems Scamble Battle has a slight chance for reality given Horinouchi's desire to create such game.

Let's prey for either 1 or 2. I see either 2 or 4.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Scenerio 1: Megaman Scramble Battle would be Capcom's trump card game for Megaman's 20th Anniversary, and would be promoted by Megaman's inclusion in Brawl.
Thank you, I have yet another believer! I honestly think this is what's going to happen especially with Capcom trying to silence everyone on the issue of Scramble Battle.

EDIT - I'm inclined to believe that announcing/confirming Scramble Battle, then saying all of this to semi-revoke it, is Capcom's mind game to get us started, then six months later, we get another hint... Someone's been studying Sakurai's methods I see...

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Thank you, I have yet another believer! I honestly think this is what's going to happen especially with Capcom trying to silence everyone on the issue of Scramble Battle.
Heh, personally I believe scenerios 2 or 4 are to happen (moreso 2 than 4), but I won't close myself off to the possibility of both Scramble Battle and Megaman in Brawl. It could be a case similar to those who thought Mario and Sonic at the Olympics deconfirmed Sonic in Brawl when in fact both became a reality.

Edit: WOOT!! 200th post! ^_^

Zevox

Smash Lord
Heres something else I thought was interesting from NP's Mega Man 20th Anniversary article:

Question #18
Whats the next Mega Man game on the horizon? More Star Force and ZX, or something else?
TH: This interview is coming out in January, right? [Close enogh. - Ed] Based on the timetable for the North American market, I would assume the next game you will get will be for the Star Force series. However, I'm sure you'd be happy if we got another game to you before that.
"Another game before that" eh? Sound suspicious to anyone else? What do you all think: hint about Brawl, pointless babel, something else entirely? I think its curious that they asked that question at all to be honest - one would think they would be as up-to-date as they can be on the official release dates for upcoming games anyway. Plus I don't think personally that Horinouchi would have said something like that if it wasn't at least possible we'd get a game with Mega Man in it before the next Star Force games.

Zevox

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Heh, personally I believe scenerios 2 or 4 are to happen (moreso 2 than 4), but I won't close myself off to the possibility of both Scramble Battle and Megaman in Brawl. It could be a case similar to those who thought Mario and Sonic at the Olympics deconfirmed Sonic in Brawl when in fact both became a reality.

Edit: WOOT!! 200th post! ^_^
Heres something else I thought was interesting from NP's Mega Man 20th Anniversary article:

"Another game before that" eh? Sound suspicious to anyone else? What do you all think: hint about Brawl, pointless babel, something else entirely? I think its curious that they asked that question at all to be honest - one would think they would be as up-to-date as they can be on the official release dates for upcoming games anyway. Plus I don't think personally that Horinouchi would have said something like that if it wasn't at least possible we'd get a game with Mega Man in it before the next Star Force games.

Zevox

I'm really liking both of these ideas... I think we're gonna have to curb our enthusiasm for now, but let's hope Capcom comes through with something epic

Honestly the way things are going, the only way they could make this time period any better (if everything comes to be) is a confirmation on Legends/DASH 3... It'd be the greatest year for Megaman ever, lol

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace

Zevox
....I didn't pick up on that! 0.0 Yet another clue to go along with the other quotes "That would be a nice surprise", "That's up to Nintendo", and "No Comment". Why would Horinouchi bring that up if he wasn't sure of something. Unless there's something else under wraps, the only other game to be released before Star Force 2 with any possibility of Megaman IS Brawl.

Honestly the way things are going, the only way they could make this time period any better (if everything comes to be) is a confirmation on Legends/DASH 3... It'd be the greatest year for Megaman ever, lol
There's that "Megaman on the Wii" game. If that and Scramble Battle are two separate games, and MMWii turns out to be Legends 3, then those along with Megaman in Brawl could really turn the 20th Anniversary into something something respectable for us and the Blue Bomber himself.

I had a wild thought. What if Mario made some kind of cameo in Scamble Battle or Megaman Wii?

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
....I didn't pick up on that! 0.0 Yet another clue to go along with the other quotes "That would be a nice surprise", "That's up to Nintendo", and "No Comment". Why would Horinouchi bring that up if he wasn't sure of something. Unless there's something else under wraps, the only other game to be released before Star Force 2 with any possibility of Megaman IS Brawl.

There's that "Megaman on the Wii" game. If that and Scramble Battle are two separate games, and MMWii turns out to be Legends 3, then those along with Megaman in Brawl could really turn the 20th Anniversary into something something respectable for us and the Blue Bomber himself.

I had a wild thought. What if Mario made some kind of cameo in Scamble Battle or Megaman Wii?
Oh, OK. I missed that too. That's much better.

Wow. A robot called Mario Man would be hilarious.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Ok, that Mario & Sonic at the Olympics comment gave m a little bit of my confidence back.

Come on! Masahiro Sakurai, I emplore you to...SHOW ME THE BOMBER!

Edit: Oh, and Mega Man is pretty much confirmed. I mean we have the first robot master revealed: Wario Man. >_>

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143

Don't mean to rain on your idea, but Scramble Battle is the codename/tentative name for the Wii Mega Man game... Although that reasoning is a bit of a stretch, it's another cool idea

also, lol @ Mario Man:chuckle:

EDIT - @ post above me, is it just me or is Wario exceptionally garbage for Brawl?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Edit: Oh, and Mega Man is pretty much confirmed. I mean we have the first robot master revealed: Wario Man. >_>
I laughed at this - very nice :laugh: .

But seriously, Mega Man in Brawl and a Mario cameo in Scramble Battle would just bleed awesome.

Zevox

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Don't mean to rain on your idea, but Scramble Battle is the codename/tentative name for the Wii Mega Man game... Although that reasoning is a bit of a stretch, it's another cool idea

also, lol @ Mario Man:chuckle:

EDIT - @ post above me, is it just me or is Wario exceptionally garbage for Brawl?
Garbage in a Hefty Force-Flex bag.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Oh....*Is rained on*

Well still, Scramble Battle + Legends 3 + Megaman in Brawl and I'll even throw in BB22's idea of a Legends style Classic game where you can crash Rush into Robots (my idea:grin:) = An Annersary that can't be surpassed. I hope Capcom is taking notes on this.

Also, something I just realized is that we've only begun to scratch the surface of Megaman's birthday. Even thought the 20th Anniversary is being promoted this year, he'll be THE age of 20 for the lion's share of 2008. In other words Dec. 2006 - Dec.2007 is the countdown with the minimal promotions while Dec.2007 - Dec. 2008 is THE actual 20th birth year. Perhaps now we will get juicier info on new MM games.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Oh....*Is rained on*

Well still, Scramble Battle + Legends 3 + Megaman in Brawl and I'll even throw in BB22's idea of a Legends style Classic game where you can crash Rush into Robots (my idea:grin:) = An Annersary that can't be surpassed. I hope Capcom is taking notes on this.

Also, something I just realized is that we've only begun to scratch the surface of Megaman's birthday. Even thought the 20th Anniversary is being promoted this year, he'll be THE age of 20 for the lion's share of 2008. In other words Dec. 2006 - Dec.2007 is the countdown with the minimal promotions while Dec.2007 - Dec. 2008 is THE actual 20th birth year. Perhaps now we will get juicier info on new MM games.
Also to add to the list, could you throw in my idea for Mega Man X: Command Mission 2 (Final Fantasy epicness meets Elf Wars) and Mega Man Zero Remastered (Devil May Cry meets Mega Man Zero series)

That is teh win.

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
Im getting confused. What, if any, is the information about this "Scramble Battle"?
It's a new Mega Man game being developed, as of now, exclusively for the Wii. Speculation from different sources within Capcom as well as hints from some of the higher ups have led to the idea that it is/was/could be the Mega Man equivalent of Super Smash Bros. Apparantly, one of the big two heads involved with the Mega Man franchises stated that he wanted to do a game like this, but he lacked the manpower at Capcom to do so. Coincidentally enough, the time of this interview was a bit of time before the 20th Anniversary event in Japan, where the turnout was phenomemal. It was also around this time that the first hints of a Wii Mega Man game and the title were given. There is more there to state, but i grow tired and Command Mission and hunger have my attention right now, lol

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
if this scramble battle game is created, I wont care which form gets into brawl as much, I could just use whatever one I wanted in most in scramble battle.

hopefully that is the megaman Wii game, but realy, as long as the new megaman Wii game isnt a star fail game, it looks like it will be a good game (BN is already done and all that is left outside of him is good enough for me).

Classic vs X vs BN vs SF.

Now the true question that has been plaguing everyones mind can be answered: Who can kill SF and BN Mega men the fastest?

But then again this is Capcom we are dealing with, for all we know they might force him to make it a turn based chip battle BN game XS

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Starforce Mega man would win...because he's so bad ***...

btw if proto man is an AT he would jump around and shoot like in MM 3...but should he be in pixel form?

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah i read about that scamble battle stuff a couple days ago. IF they actually are doing it, and it is a multiverse Mega Man fighting game then I fear for mm's chances. thats not to say it would be impossible for him to still be in brawl, but it would certainly lower them.

personally i hope they still scrapped the idea and have already allowed mm in brawl. Cuz seriously, id rather play as mm in brawl against many legendary characters than mm against other mm characters.

Top Bottom