• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Megaman in SSBB" Topic!

Zycor

Smash Apprentice
I support Megaman or X because those represent who Megaman is, not Battle Network or Star Force. Megaman and X are the paltforming shooting guys we know and love, while BN and SF are RPGesque games... I really think that since Sakurai seems to like Retro... Classic or X for Brawl! (Zero would be cool if it was a last resort... not the Megaman Zero version the X series version I hate the new design.)

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
@ everyone who is flaming me for my weak *** post

I meant to say next gen consoles...

edit: what I really meant to say is that mega man never really allowed itself with a new gen console series....I know it started with nes, then moved to snes, n64 etc. etc. but now most of the games are on handhelds....

Zevox

Smash Lord
@ everyone who is flaming me

I meant to say next gen consoles...
You must be confused as to what that means, then. Next gen refers to an upcoming generation of consoles. Currently, there is no next gen known - just the current generation, the Wii, 360, and PS3.

Zevox

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
You must be confused as to what that means, then. Next gen refers to an upcoming generation of consoles. Currently, there is no next gen known - just the current generation, the Wii, 360, and PS3.

Zevox

god **** it your right...I just got pwned again...

Mega man should be playable (X or Original) and Zero (either one) or original Proto man (with whistle entrance) as an AT...whistle entrance would be instant splooge...

Zevox

Smash Lord
A Proto Man AT with his trademark whistle would be absolutely awesome IMO. For some reason, hes always been my favorite Mega Man character. Maybe its because of the whole aura of mystery they built up around him.

Having just been playing some of the old games on the Anniversary Collection, I'd also say there are several pieces of music from the classic series I'd love to see in Brawl too, not the least of which are Mega Man and Proto Man's themes from the early games, and the standard stage music from Mega Man 3.

Zevox

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
The tension rises
The Time is near
Is this the moment
For Rockman to appear?

====

Personally, I'd love to see Rockman/Mega Man show up tonight, but I highly doubt it. Sucks too, since this is pretty much the last chance we'll ever get at another character...

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
The tension rises
The Time is near
Is this the moment
For Rockman to appear?

====

Personally, I'd love to see Rockman/Mega Man show up tonight, but I highly doubt it. Sucks too, since this is pretty much the last chance we'll ever get at another character...
Everyone, get ready for Classic Rockman beginning-of-stage-music!

Zevox

Smash Lord
Don't get your hopes up too high guys.
Indeed. Remember how many people thought Snake would be updated on his creator's birthday? Or that Ridley would be revealed on Metroid Prime 3's release date? Or that Sonic would be revealed on Mario & Sonic at the Olympics' release date? Or that Mega Man would be revealed at that birthday celebration in Japan?

Real-world events like that have never corresponded to Dojo updates before, so I wouldn't put too much hope on it happening now.

Zevox

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
But it's so hard not too >>:urg:
I know what you mean. At the very least, I try not to get them so high that falling down causing them to burst into flames because of the friction caused by atmospheric reentry.

...try saying THAT 10 times fast. Well, don't, it's just a joke.... but seriously, what's taking Dr. Hikari/Dr. Light so long with that teleporter of his?

Zevox: Last time someone said that, someone else said, "Nintendo Conference 2007 says hi." I'm too lazy too look up the conversation for names, and I've certainly forgotten what was important about it, but know what it means?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Indeed. Remember how many people thought Snake would be updated on his creator's birthday? Or that Ridley would be revealed on Metroid Prime 3's release date? Or that Sonic would be revealed on Mario & Sonic at the Olympics' release date? Or that Mega Man would be revealed at that birthday celebration in Japan?

Real-world events like that have never corresponded to Dojo updates before, so I wouldn't put too much hope on it happening now.

Zevox
Sakurai's birthday was the first Subspace Emissary update.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I know what you mean. At the very least, I try not to get them so high that falling down causing them to burst into flames because of the friction caused by atmospheric reentry.

...try saying THAT 10 times fast. Well, don't, it's just a joke.... but seriously, what's taking Dr. Hikari/Dr. Light so long with that teleporter of his?
Maybe he's working on something that lets Rock shoot "Up" and "Down".

Zevox

Smash Lord
Sakurai's birthday was the first Subspace Emissary update.
Yes, but is there any link between the two? Obviously most of us liked that update, but what specific connection is there between Sakurai's birthday and our new adventure mode? I can't think of any. Seems that was mere coincidence to me.

Kasek said:
Zevox: Last time someone said that, someone else said, "Nintendo Conference 2007 says hi." I'm too lazy too look up the conversation for names, and I've certainly forgotten what was important about it, but know what it means?
The Nintendo Conference in October was where Sonic was announced. But again, theres no specific correlation between Sonic and a Nintendo Conference either - that was just where they chose to reveal him in order to soften the blow of the delay announcement. Unless someone knows of a past connection between and Sonic and the event I'm unaware of, anyway.

Zevox

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Yes, but is there any link between the two? Obviously most of us liked that update, but what specific connection is there between Sakurai's birthday and our new adventure mode? I can't think of any. Seems that was mere coincidence to me.

Zevox
Subspace is obviously something he's excited about, so he put it on the site on his birthday.

=========================================================

Or not, but a guy can dream.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Once again, don't get your hopes up. I bet tonight's update will be something from the Options screen again.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
The make or break moment is upon us. Yeah, I realize it's more than likely a "break" moment. Still, as a proud member of the RMB I will continue to hope for the miraculous possibility of a "make" moment tonight. So with that I say...

MEGA MAN FOR BRAWL!!!!!!!!

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Well the countdown was a bust...

I DON'T LIKE WHAT I SEE
Haha, that's like the worst MM picture ever. He looks almost like the guy on the box art of the original game for those of you who know what I mean.

Also, wouldn't it be the most evil thing ever if the update came and it was Mega Man so you get that initial burst of joy, but then it's AT. Not that I feel that is even remotely likely, but it would be one of the worst moments ever, at least for me.

Kasek

Smash Ace
Lynchburg, Virginia, U.S.A., North America, Earth,
Haha, that's like the worst MM picture ever. He looks almost like the guy on the box art of the original game for those of you who know what I mean.

Also, wouldn't it be the most evil thing ever if the update came and it was Mega Man so you get that initial burst of joy, but then it's AT. Not that I feel that is even remotely likely, but it would be one of the worst moments ever, at least for me.
Don't tell me you never liked the Mega Man cartoon? I found that thing hilarious.

And yes... that would be evile (e at end is intended- evil+vile)

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've seen the cartoon before but it's been so long I guess I forgot what it looked like. Seriously, that looks like some dude in a MM Halloween costume or something.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, it's like he made it as lame as physically possible just to rub it in our faces too.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
...Am I the only one who likes the update? Yeah sure it's not Mega Man but co-op event matches sounds fun.

Top Bottom