• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I got that ending with Marcus, I must say that is one ugly baby. I actaully found most of the art in that game pretty ugly.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
The first one sucked it was like Mario resucing Peach but then Peach runs off with... like Kamek or something. Making a bad Mario comparision.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Looking at Copmmand, Krystal has become a much more impoartaint character top the franchise. The game did a good job of adding more depth to the characters and story.

Hopefully this will bump her into Brawl(and keep Falco).

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Q entertainment said whoever makes the next game doesn't have to follow any endings, and instead start in the middle if they want. so basically, all endings are canonical and non-canonical at the same time

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
canonical means if you put in every aspect from that franchise, those that are canonical have happened in the main story.

for example many consider star fox 64, adventures, etc. canonical while other things like comics really never happened in that universe.

so i stated that right now any ending could be THE ending, but until the next game we just don't know

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I think if I could pick which endings were canon.. I would want the one where Krystal rejoins Star Fox and they spoke of their true feelings for each other. That way everything worked out eh?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
For me, it's the one where Krystal rejoins, and she, Fox, and Slippy beat the Anglars while Falco's off conducting his business. Falco gets angry at Fox for it and makes his own team with Katt and Dash. The next game could actually feature Falco as a villain if that was canonical.. That would be interesting.

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Working out sucks. More drama! :chuckle: J/k Sorry, I'm a little spoony today. Must be all the episodes of Dr. Who I watched.
David Tennant = the hot!

By the way--what is the official canon status on Star Fox 2? I mean, the dang thing was pretty much complete. And it also rocks the big one.

Unlike the Philips CD-i games. Wand of Gamelon / Faces of Evil / Zelda's Adventure FTL.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
To show something non-cannonical. Check the Legend of Zelda series, most games are cannon, but the CD-i games are non-cannon (have nothing to do with the series: Faces of Evil, Wand of Gameleon, Zelda's Adventure)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mm I just beat SFA.. And yeah.. she had such a big role in her debut game..

Ah well, I liked the game none the less and still want Krystal in Brawl..

Krystal for Brawl!

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Here is an interview with the producers of SFC from IGN:

Cuthbert:
I think Star Fox has always evolved. There's always a chance to change. Nothing's ever set in stone in the Star Fox universe. Except Storyline.

IGN: Which do you consider to be the one definite ending?

Cuthbert:
The canon ending. Hehe. I think if the game continues it won't pick up where the game ends, but start more in the middle.

Imamura: This storyline, ends here, and if there's a continuation it would start from the middle, so it wouldn't depend on any of the endings.

Cuthbert: If you think about it, the timeline to the end of the game, jumped a few years. So we can pick the game up before those events. We're not going to start the next game with a 150 year old Slippy, or Falco with one leg.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Oh.. OH... I see it.. haha just thought it was a cool golden plated boot or something..

Poor Falco.. But apparently he is "Legendary"

Fawriel

Smash Master
I want Krystals pink sweater as an alternate costume.

CUTE! <3

*goes somewhere else*

EDIT: Wait, I just realized that isn't a sweater..
But wasn't she wearing one in the alternate Marcus ending?

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
wow.they had a kid? as long as she has her staff and her adventure look im fine.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Don't worry, its all none canon but it is surely interesting and shocking at some points eh?

Hoping to see the new SF game come out and be a good one!

Hopefully we will have another game where we can whoop some guys with Krystal!

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Command was/is/shall ever be very weird. Just like the old comic series.

Seriously. Fara Phoenix freaked me out.
Who goes around wearing their boyfriend's mother's dead clothes? It's just disturbing!
But maybe it was the gigantic ears. Or something. I don't know.

I just think it'd be funny if Fara showed up as some kind of mega-prissy, annoying chick. Or Kursed's co-person in crime.

There's an alternative costume for ya! Kursed! :laugh:

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hey hey! I was planning on making a Krystal moveset based around the staff, but the thing is, I havn't played Star Fox Adventures in so long, that I forget most of its functions. Looking on youtube also doesn't really help me, so I'd like to ask what its other abilities were( besides shooting fire) so that I can make a decent and original moveset. (Unlike the Fox clone one in the original post)

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Fox and Krystal's son is named Marcus McCloud. When Fox got old, Marcus started his own Star Fox team that was joined by Slippy's son, Peppy's granddaughter, and Falco. Not a relative of Falco, Falco Lombardi himself. Because he's that cool.

The next SF game will either center around Marcus's team, set years after Command, or will be about Falco getting payback against Fox. A dogfight between Star Fox and Star Falco. That would be amazing.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Hey hey! I was planning on making a Krystal moveset based around the staff, but the thing is, I havn't played Star Fox Adventures in so long, that I forget most of its functions. Looking on youtube also doesn't really help me, so I'd like to ask what its other abilities were( besides shooting fire) so that I can make a decent and original moveset. (Unlike the Fox clone one in the original post)
as far as i know, here were the powers you could obtain:

fire shot
ice blast
ground quake (2 versions, weak then powerful)
rocket boost
portal opener (let you open certain doors)

yeah that's about it

krystal for brawl

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Its just got to Midnight now. But the update gets here at 9ish so I can't run outside.. But I'm gonna instant message everyone thats on.. KRYSTAL IN BRAWL!!

Just playing the game again seeing the pwnage combos and powers the staff has.
B=Fire blaster
B held down=Freeze Blast (Works like Bowsers fire breath and can die down after a bit.)
^B=Rocket Booster
vB=Ground Quake
Taunt can be the Sharpclaw disguise until you get hit or just for a second.
And her block can be.. The block when your not in battle and your covered with a dome of light.
Heres one I did earlier that could help you out man.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Krystal For Brawl

(^Really bad quality, ripped off of youtube, converted to avi, pulled pics off of avi in movie maker, then thrown into imageready)
These are compared mostly to Fox/Falco since both of them are the easiest to compare to as they are in the same games. Also I am not a very experienced player so some of the stars/ratings might be off. Forgive me. This is a very early version and expect changes to come.

Jump: ****

Krystal can't jump very high since she’s not a real physical type of person, but she is in shape and can hold her own as she was basically the same as Fox in Star Fox Adventures. Though in that game you can’t jump on command, her jump shouldn’t be very high but it would be a quick one rivaling Fox.

Size: ***

Krystal is a bit shorter than Falco and roughly the same height as Fox possibly taller as seen in the ending shot of Adventures.

Weight: **

Krystal is roughly the same size as Fox and most likely thinner as she has a thin build. So she would be an easy one to throw around.

Speed: ***

Her smaller build but physical fitness puts some quickness in her step. She can be quite a speedy one with changing directions and agility. But her running speed isn’t very fast.

Strength: ***

Krystal wouldn’t be one to have a lot of physical strength. She would obviously have less than both Falco and Fox. But since she has her staff and her strength is increased for most attacks.

Recovery: ****

Krystal has some decent jumps and a low weight. She will be thrown far but her jumps will let her get quite a distance back to the arena. And a hardened mind with some strength in her mind she can come out of a hard hit quicker.

Fall Speed: *** (Is it more stars for faster fall?)

Krystal’s light weight and fur lets her catch the air and lets her fall a bit slower than some others.

Comboability: ****

Krystal’s staff was all about combos in Adventures and though she won’t have full access to those in Brawl. She can still get some combos put together with her chained attacks.

KOability: **

Krystal isn’t one with a lot of strength to do some hard damage in one hit. So most of her attacks go to getting the opponents percentages up quicker and higher so her attacks will send them farther.

GROUND ATTACKS

Neutral A Combo

Name: Staff Spin
Damage: Low (With each hit)
Knockback: Low
Lag: Low
Range: Moderate
Duration: Short-Moderate
Hits: 1 – on going

Description:

Krystal will spin her staff on her right side once then switch doing the same on the other side as the attack continues. But as the duration of A continues the staff will spin faster.

Forward Tilt

Name: Staff Change
Damage: 1st-Low 2nd-Low-Moderate
Knockback: 1st-Low 2nd-Low-Moderate
Range: Long
Duration: Short
Hits: 2

Description:

Krystal will perform a quick horizontal swipe then quickly there after does a jab with the end of the staff.

Up Tilt

Name: Solstice
Damage: Moderate
Knockback: Moderate
Lag: Short
Hits: 1

Description:
Krystal slashes her staff upward but does some damage in front of her as well since her staff passes in front of her to get upward.

Down Tilt

Name: Low Spin
Lag: Moderate

Description:

Krystal gets low and slashes her staff low out in front of her. But behind her she extends one of her legs behind her. So she can damage both in front and behind her but with more range in front than in back.

Dash Attack

Name: Propel
Damage: Moderate-High
Range: High
Duration: Long

Description:

During running, Krystal jabs the staff into the ground and propels herself forward and kicks ahead.

Forward Smash

Name: Daunting Double
Damage: 1st-Low 2nd-Moderate
Knockback: 1st-None 2nd-High
Duration: Moderate

Description:

Krystal jabs quickly with an end of the staff sending the opponent onto one knee (or.. Just stuns in general). Then the end of the staff charges up in light blue very quickly and she then does a clockwise spin and strikes them with it.

(Should be somewhat familiar with Adventures players)

Up Smash

Name: Staff Spike
Range: Long (Upward)

Description:

Krystal slashes the staff upward partially in front of her. Possible damaging in front of her for a very short distance but darts the staff vertically upward as a spike for a longer range again taking advantage of the staff’s length.

Down Smash

Name: Ground Stab
Damage: Low
Knockback: High

Description:

Krystal stabs her staff into the ground causing a weak shock wave. It sends the opponent far but does weak damage.

AERIAL ATTACKS

Neutral Aerial

Name: Spin
Hits: 1-3

Description:

Krystal simply spins in the air twice with her staff held out against her side.

Forward Aerial

Name: Leg Swipes
Damage: Low-Moderate

Description:

Krystal plants her staff in the air (Becomes stationary). She then swings forward and kicks out in front of her twice.

Backward Aerial

Name: Back Attack
Damage: 1st-Low 2nd-Moderate
Knockback: 1st-Low 2nd-High

Description:

Krystal spins similar to her neutral and hits behind her with her staff but ends it with a kick.

Up Aerial

Name: Double Flip
Hits: 4

Description:

Krystal does a back flip while spinning her staff from left to right while kicking also. It does some decent damage with each hit.

Down Aerial

Name: Downward Staff
Knockback: High (Downward)

Description:

She does a front flip while slashing her staff in front of her sending the opponent into oblivion^^

SPECIAL ATTACKS

Neutral B

Name: Fire Blaster
Damage: Very Low
Knockback: Very Low
Lag: Very Short
Range: Very Long

Description:

Krystal’s Fire Blaster is very similar to Fox’s Blaster. She holds her staff horizontally on her side and has it pointing in front of her and a small fire ball shoots out. But instead of it being so straight, it curves upward after a while and has a longer range. Curve of shot can randomize a bit.

Up B

Name: Rocket Booster
Lag: High

Description:

Krystal holds her staff vertically in front of her and a blue light engulfs the top and gets sent downward. When it reaches the bottom it acts as a rocket and pulls Krystal upward and can be slightly tilted forward.

Forward B

Name: Freeze Blast
Hits: Continuous

Description:
She points her staff horizontally to her front and a cone of frost spurts out. The direction (In a 45 degree angle) can be adjusted. But it dies down like Bowser’s fire breath after a few seconds.

Down B

Name: Ground Quake
Damage: High
Lag: High
Range: Moderate-Long

Description:

Krystal jumps up and holds her staff above her head and then it charges up with a blue light. She then brings the staff down on the ground and lets out a large shock wave which stuns opponents for a second or two. She is an easy target before it hits but she can’t get knocked out of it so easily.

Final Smash

Name: Telepathy Tamper
Damage: N/A
Knockback: N/A
Lag: N/A
Range: Entire Stage
Hits: N/A

Description:

Krystal starts glowing blue and then uses her telepathic powers to make everyone else slower and take more damage. They all slow down to half their speed and randomly changes around the controls for them. It also makes them take damage twice of the usual.

Lasts for about 10 seconds.

MISCELLANEOUS

Grab Attack

Name: Graceful Grab?... (Meh)
Damage: Very Low
Knockback: N/A
Duration: Very Short
Hits: 1-4

Description:

Krystal simply grabs the opponent with her left hand and can punch them with her right hand?

Forward Throw

Name: Spin Kicker
Duration: Low

Description:

Krystal let’s go of them and quickly does a clockwise spin then plants a hard kick into them.

Backward Throw

Name: Flip Kick

Description:

Krystal pulls her opponent toward her and does a backward somersault keeping her feet on her opponent’s chest. When they get behind where she was, she kicks them away and she stands up a few steps behind where she originally stood.

Down Throw

Name: Staff Crush
Damage: High
Knockback: Very Low

Description:

Krystal pushes her opponent forward while tripping them with one leg. Then she does a forward somersault and brings her staff down on top of them.

Up Throw

Name: Barrage
Hits: 3

Description:

Krystal spins her staff in her right hand hitting the opponent twice while lifting them above her head. When the opponent is directly above her head she does an upward cut with the staff and sends the opponent upward.

Taunt

Krystal puts her staff onto her back (It shrinks down to half its size for portability) and she stretches her arms above her head with her eyes closed.

(Stretching because she’s hardly even getting a work out with how much she’s pwning)

Shield

Krystal holds the staff vertically and kneels down a bit.
Imitating the shield in adventures but instead of having the large dome around her there is just the bubble shield.

Roll

Krystal puts the staff onto her back (It shrinks to half its size) and rolls and gets up quickly taking out the staff again.

Air Dodge

This is going to be hard to describe…
Imagine Krystal facing right with her holding her staff with both hands. She bends to her left keeping her left leg straight and her right leg bended upward toward her chest. She pulls her staff in close to herself.

Winning Pose 1

Krystal spins her staff multiple times in her right hand then puts it on her back. Then she crosses her arms and puts her weight on one leg and smiles.

Winning Pose 2

Simply holds her staff in her left hand.
She then closes her eyes and runs her hand down the right side of her muzzle. Then opens up her eyes and smiles. (Look at the gif at the beginning)

Winning Pose 3

She spins her staff above her head and then plants it in the ground to her right.

(Remind you of Final Fantasy 9?)

Kirby Hat

Can be.. her headgear jewelry and a tail!

I've worked over some of these over with some help from Fawriel. But its still not Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom