• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Bull, DK fans hate the game that's why it won't recieve a sequal, Paon makes good DK games like King of Swing so they have thank god got the DK liscence for now, they are the ONLY japanese company that can make a GOOD DKC game.

GenG

Smash Lord
That's why Nintendo Tokyo is now working in a new DK. Because everyone (even the DK fans) loved JB. It's simply awesome.

Paon is average. Even I could do a Cluclu Land with vines like they are doing. Let's see how they handle the Blast for Wii.

GenG

Smash Lord
Well, back on topic...

She should appear on his Adventures outfit. With HER staff. I didn't liked the overall character design in Assault because those tight spacesuits... ugly. The Command one is right, but too similar to Fox's.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
Well, back on topic...

She should appear on his Adventures outfit. With HER staff. I didn't liked the overall character design in Assault because those tight spacesuits... ugly. The Command one is right, but too similar to Fox's.
His outfit?? and jumpsuit are supposed to be tight lol..... i would know im a Pilot

xianfeng

Smash Hero
That's why Nintendo Tokyo is now working in a new DK. Because everyone (even the DK fans) loved JB. It's simply awesome.
No we DK fans hated it because there were no characters from the DKC series, the Bongos were annoying, the levels and bosses were repetitive, DK was given a facial and personality overhaul and the animal buddies were replaced. source DKU I win.
yea!! and personally i think that all the DK games are horrible cuse they're just not my style and same for mario (i did like a few of the Mario games though) ....
Well DKC creators also invented Krystal, so it was sorta on topic all discussing rare's creations.

Krystal should have her Adventures as her default because it all games after Adventures she has sucked. Assault every one sucked, the game just sucked sucked sucked. Command I havn't gotten around to yet but she's proberly a stupid woman there too*. Also her Adventures outfit suits her most.

*That is not sexist it's just how I felt Namco potrayed her character in Starfox Assault.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
His outfit?? and jumpsuit are supposed to be tight lol..... i would know im a Pilot
How's that possible? You're not even old enough to drive yet... legally anyway... :chuckle:

But why the HELL is everyone b****in' about what her outfit is going to be - as long as she's in the game, I'll be just fine... (Though I would prefer BOTH her Adventure and Assault look over Command's)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I think you need to be twelve to get a pilot's licence.

Even though she's been in three games so far, she has yet to prove she has any worth. She's just an overall bad character.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I think you need to be twelve to get a pilot's licence.

Even though she's been in three games so far, she has yet to prove she has any worth. She's just an overall bad character.
:confused: That doesn't make much sense, considering that there's ALOT more one needs to learn in regard to piloting an airplane vs. driving a car...

And Krystal is most certainly NOT a bad character...

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
:confused: That doesn't make much sense, considering that there's ALOT more one needs to learn in regard to piloting an airplane vs. driving a car...

Yeah, but there's less people you can crash into in the air. ;)

Yes she is. She doesn't do much of anything. Her personality isn't special, and she's so bland. It doesn't matter if she has a magic staff, she, herself, is just not interesting.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
No she's not a bad character, in Starfox Adventures she was a well built, well developed and interesting character, No one was cool is Assault so you can't use that against her and I havn't played Command yet but she looks like she is cool there.

EDIT: Wait that was on the last page...

You think Krystal has no personality, play FE6 Roy has less personality than Eliwood does.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Link has zero personality.

This is Brawl, not Final Fantasy. Personality isn't that important.

GenG

Smash Lord
No we DK fans hated it because there were no characters from the DKC series, the Bongos were annoying, the levels and bosses were repetitive, DK was given a facial and personality overhaul and the animal buddies were replaced. source DKU I win.
Puissance Nintendo (16/20)
Consoles + (15/20)
GameHope.com (A)
Jeux Video Magazine (16/20)
JeuxFrance.com (16/20)
Jeuxvideo.com (15/20)
Joypad (7/10)
Nintendo Mag (8,5/10)
Nintendo-Difference.com (15/20)
Famitsu (30/40)
Games Radar UK (88%)
Edge (8/10)
EuroGamer (8/10)
Planet gamecube (8.5/10)
Total Games.net (80%)
Total Video Games (8/10)

Source: True players. Sorry for not trusting in a bunch of Rare fanboys :( Animal buddies removes? Face and personality overhaul? Who cares about that? Please read some quality press which review games correctly, for god sake.

Just give up. You don't play games for fun, just for "let's see if this character is in or not, if not, the game is ****". Like the new Sonic players claiming for Shadow in every game. And you don't understand how awesome the new DK is in the awesome DKJB. The bongos were great and without them the game wouldn't be the same. The new animals are great. The new soundtrack is great.

With these kind of players, the gaming world will crush one day or another and that's why standalone games sell so bad.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The new animals are just rip offs of the old ones because NIntendo is so unimaginative they have to plagerize Rare's work.
Puissance Nintendo (16/20)
Consoles + (15/20)
GameHope.com (A)
Jeux Video Magazine (16/20)
JeuxFrance.com (16/20)
Jeuxvideo.com (15/20)
Joypad (7/10)
Nintendo Mag (8,5/10)
Nintendo-Difference.com (15/20)
Famitsu (30/40)
Games Radar UK (88%)
Edge (8/10)
EuroGamer (8/10)
Planet gamecube (8.5/10)
Total Games.net (80%)
Total Video Games (8/10)
Yeah I said fans they aren't DK fans and neither are you.

Just give up. You don't play games for fun, just for "let's see if this character is in or not, if not, the game is ****". Like the new Sonic players claiming for Shadow in every game. And you don't understand how awesome the new DK is in the awesome DKJB. The bongos were great and without them the game wouldn't be the same. The new animals are great. The new soundtrack is great.
The soundtrack compared to DKC is crap, the animal buddies are crap, the gameplay is stiff and repetitive and the new DK model and personality is butt ugly, your not a DKC fan so your opinions on any DK games really don't matter to me because you don't and understand why it was so **** in the eyes of a fan.

GenG

Smash Lord
You are not a DK fan, just DKC. That's what you've saying. There are good games (underrated games) DK games after and before DKC, which were nice for the SNES (pretty basic platforms with nitty graphics, paling in comparison with Sonic and Mario for example). Great games, for sure, but their time is over. I'm not attacking Rare, nor DKC. If you haven't played JB I can understand what you are saying. But it's an arcade game like NO OTHER. DK was always an arcade character, born in the arcades, and famous thank to the arcades. The music is crap? It suits the game. Aerie Fortress is one of my favourite tracks, along the Jelly level. Repetitive stages? You sure haven't played the game, you can't stay till. The bosses are repetitive in design, but each one needs different tactics.

Donkey was begging for a reset. Jungle Beat, as a videogame, is one of the best DK. You may not remember, but when DKC was released there were pissed people because DKC wasn't nothing like the GB DK. That's what happens when you switch the people behind a franchise. You are viewing JB as a non DKC game. And yes... there are more DK games other than Country. You don't like these unlike there are DKC characters, don't you? You see this game as a menace for the DKC franchise, and I can't understand why.

Right now I want a Starfox reset. Back to the roots too. Without foot stages. Just on rail shooting.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Jungle Beat should have remained in the arcade, there is a reason I don't complain about Jungle Fever and that's because it remained in the arcade. When DKC was released Leigh Loveday released info explaining how Cranky is DK sr and Donkey is just DK Jr. the manual for DKC is one of the first things I read, they explained why they changed so much JB didn't. It's like changing Mario from Italian to Spanish with no explination, at least that's what it felt like to me.

As a spring chicken I always loved Mario because of Yoshi, but I look back at the games now and DKC always was more unique than Super Mario World (the games I grew up with) DKC had the animal buddies and the 2 partners at once working for it, SMW had Yoshi and some power ups.

I've decided to removed JB from the DKC timeline in my mind, to stop myself from hating Nintendo EAD Tokyo...

Now Starfox Command I hear goes back to it's roots all in the ships which is good because I loved Lylat Wars and Starwing, I also liked Starfox Adventures but I hated Assault, Command I havn't played yet but it looks promising. Also Krystal FTW!

GenG

Smash Lord
Well, I played Command and is exactly like the unreleased Starfox 2. You have a main map, where you can move your ships on, and when you encounter a missile, an enemy ship or a planet, you enter an all-range mode battle. I want a new Starfox for Wii 100% onrails. I didn't liked Assault that much but the 4 arwing stages and the impressive soundtrack got me trapped.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I think Imamura stated that the next SF games will either take place sometime before the Command endings or somewhere between the games. Krystal joined Star Wolf shortly before Command and (if you play your cards right) leaves by the last mission. I think it's a safe bet she'll either be on Fox's side or solo (Adventures prequel, anyone?). Whatever happens, as long as they finally explain Cerinia, I'll be happy.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman

yea im 14 and i'm gunna be flying solo in 3 months when i turn 15 and for me Flying my Jet or Piper is was easier than a car and there is no way that Krystal's a bad character .....and she does so have a personallity she's Kind/good Natured and Smart :]

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say she's smart but she's resourcful, Kind, caring and she can fend for herself.

From a Young age she was alone as her people were destroyed. Krystal was gifted with Telepathy her whole life and she was also a natural born fighter. With her staff in hand she traveled around her section of the galaxy answering distress calls and trying to find out what really happened to her planet. When she answered a distress call from Dinosaur Planet she was rendered useless as she lost her staff but she still confronted General Scales. Krystal then went to continue trying to save the planet despite the fact she was unarmed, when inside the holy shrine of the planet the krazoa palace she was caught off gaurd by the spirit of the evil Andross and trapped with in a Crystal (haha Krystal in a Crystal) she was then saved by Fox McCloud who had been using her staff. After being saved by Fox she joined his team Star Fox.

How is ^ that ^ boring.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
adventure was a good game it just was just really different for a starfox game
the flying was a crappy minigame but the rest of the game was really good.

assult was better for starfox getting back in the direction of starfox's roots but not quite

command was excellent, the stragey element made it new and fresh while it also returned to its roots with pure flying, the storyline and multiple endings gave it replay value, not much tho. the music is great too, i love fox's and wolf's themes

mutecebu

Smash Rookie
For her recovery attack (from laying on the ground), I'd suggest she does a handstand on her staff, then falls to a chouch and samacks the staff in a 90 degree arc.

If you've played Soul Calibur, it's like one of Kilik's rising moves.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Assault = worst starfox game ever.

mutecebu I would have thought she would use the boosting magic attack from Adventures...
While I have to agree about Assault, I'll still go so far as to say it's not a bad game. I personally enjoyed it, but I have to admit that it's...average at best. It seems, I don't know, rushed in terms of graphics, level design, and plot (I don't care how plausible the ending its, it's stupid). The multiplayer's pretty **** fun, though. It's a game that could've been much better but isn't, although it is by definition a better Star Fox game than Adventures.

As for her b^...I think we've established a pretty viable moveset with her staff moves. It fits her, it represents the source well, and it doesn't seem terribly off-balance. Hell, when you say it like that, it's a better moveset than Ganondorf got for Melee. I don't think there's much else to discuss about it, save opinion. In this case, I say leave the Kilik-style staff combos for her A attacks or incorporate them in a way similar to Marth's Dancing Blade.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Well I took another vacation from the boards and this thread and I must say it's quite pleasant to see that this thread has swayed away from the chronic "KrysTAL iS sO HaWT" posts. Then again, I havent gone back a page yet....

Kal aMari, you're not alone. I to did enjoy Assault, but it could have been much better without a doubt. Mabe if they spent a few more months on it they could have come out with a hit.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
yea i love all of the games equaly but i still go back and play Assault mainly vs mode cuse its so fun with all the modes and weapons unlocked i and my vs stats are awsome
100% Krystal use
9hr 25 min of play time
1254 kills
286 deaths
my only real problem with Assault was that its was only 10 missions but i loved the gamepaly

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
The great multiplayer is testament to the fact that the game core is great. The problem, though, lies in the execution. For the two E3s that Assault was on the floor, the only thing that was showcased was the multiplayer; coincidentally, this is the best part of the game. Problem is that the single player is so blatantly rushed. Arwings are slow, and most of the on-foot missions boiled down to the same repetitive formula. While I like the new Landmaster, most people hate how it drives...well, like a tank. And the story...ugh, I don't wanna comment on the "plot twists."

The main game needed as much polish as the multiplayer.

and then this is how it will go
Sakurai: so that Krystal chick where did she get her staff from
Dev: Starfox Adventures, it was the last game rare made for Nintendo
Sakurai: You mean that British company that made games only funny towards the western audience!
Dev: Yes
Sakurai: They were so un-Nintendo they cared about some one not from Japan so we can't have something they made
Dev: Does that mean we cancel Krystal and Diddy Kong
Sakurai: No make Krystal a fox clone and give Diddy Kong a moveset about bananas and fliging poo
Dev: Yes sir how Nintendo of you to screw over Rare
Sakurai: I know, I'll get a promotion for this
Will you please just shut up?

Quit being such a bit.chy fanboy because they aren't releasing that many good DK games,and i don't see why you are whining about Jungle Beat,that game was kick ars.
Your making the game developers seem more derogitory towards rare and being bias on false speculations,rather than focusing on the game development.

In addition,Sakurai has his own company,Sora,and is more of a free lance developer,so he could care less about a sall skirmish,he just wants to develop the game.

Because a character is from rare doesn't mean that he has all intentions to completly screw them over.He is designing a game,not giving opinions on what company he likes the best.

Jesus.............

100links

Smash Ace
this is a bit off topic but have you noticed that alot of people has been trapped in a crystal? krystal zelda din (oracle of seasons) >.O they all have to do with nintendo....do they LIKE trapping them in crystals? :laugh:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
assult was a bad game, compared to the other star fox games. for one, it was too short, it was both too easy and too hard, targeting was horrible, and there should of been more characters in multiplayer. 6 isn't enough.

star fox 64 is still the best game, with adventures and command close behind. but for now, i am just hoping krystal gets into brawl.

GenG

Smash Lord
Starfox 64 is tied with the SNES Starfox. Then, Starfox Command, Adventures and Assault in this order.

Assault's case saddens me because if they had made more on rails level like Fortuna o Meteo, the game would have been one of the best games on GC. They had the music, the graphics, the on rails levels were great... the foot ones ruined the whole game. And it's very sad to see that a classical on rails series have 3 proper on rails levels and other crappy stages on foot.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
To think if Rare had gone through with their original plan Krystal wouldn't be in starfox but rather on Dinosaur Planet 360 for the 360
Wow I think that and all I see is the newest episode of X-Play:

Adam Sesslar:"We give Dinosaur Planet 360 a 2 *Genral Scales burps twice* Out of 5. *Cat meow sound in the backround*"

Morgan Webb:"Wow, Nintendo really should of jumped on that boat earlyer, they really could of saved both this crappy serise and there own StarFox serise.

Adam Sesslar:"Yeah but than we would probally get some weird crap from the serise like bringing a girl friend for Falco and Peppy."

Morgan Webb"What about slippy?"

Adam Sesslar:" Ummm... hes a guy? Ugg urg"

Narritor:" Next up on X-Play another crappy Nuroto spinoff? Belive it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom