• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
No she's not a bad character, in Starfox Adventures she was a well built, well developed and interesting character, No one was cool is Assault so you can't use that against her and I havn't played Command yet but she looks like she is cool there.

EDIT: Wait that was on the last page...

You think Krystal has no personality, play FE6 Roy has less personality than Eliwood does.
You find the strangest things to rant on about xian... We all know you hate Roy and Eliwood by now - NOW PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT IT! :mad: (I still fail to see what merits such hatred in the first place...) And when was the last time "personality" mattered in a fighting game? I don't see Ryu getting any awards for "Best Leading Role in a Videogame" or anything like that...

Back on topic, Krystal FTW!

xianfeng

Smash Hero
You find the strangest things to rant on about xian... We all know you hate Roy and Eliwood by now - NOW PLEASE SHUT UP ABOUT IT! :mad: (I still fail to see what merits such hatred in the first place...) And when was the last time "personality" mattered in a fighting game? I don't see Ryu getting any awards for "Best Leading Role in a Videogame" or anything like that...
I was using that as a response to some one who said Krystal was a boring character.

Wow I think that and all I see is the newest episode of X-Play:

Adam Sesslar:"We give Dinosaur Planet 360 a 2 *Genral Scales burps twice* Out of 5. *Cat meow sound in the backround*"

Morgan Webb:"Wow, Nintendo really should of jumped on that boat earlyer, they really could of saved both this crappy serise and there own StarFox serise.

Adam Sesslar:"Yeah but than we would probally get some weird crap from the serise like bringing a girl friend for Falco and Peppy."

Morgan Webb"What about slippy?"

Adam Sesslar:" Ummm... hes a guy? Ugg urg"

Narritor:" Next up on X-Play another crappy Nuroto spinoff? Belive it!"
Nintendo went and gave Falco, Peppy and Slippy girlfriends by themselves anyway. Rare never made Krystal Fox's girlfriend, they showed he had a crush on her but nothing back.

There are three things about Krystal that make her worthy.

1. She's the first Nintendo character that looks hot (for a blue fox)
2. She's the first Nintendo character that actually goes out and fights her own fights
3. She's Fox's love interest.
number 2 is the only thing that makes her worthy. I could use similar excuses for Candy Kong, I don't mean number 1 though...
1. She's the first Nintendo character that looks hot (for a Monkey)
2. She's the first supporting Nintendo female that doesn't get captured.
3. She's Donkey Kong's love interest.

Will you please just shut up?
kay f you, I said that so people would say something other than ZoMg KRysTaL is HaWWT! (Which she isn't she's an ANIMAL, she's about as attractive as my dog) and Krystal FTW!

Quit being such a bit.chy fanboy because they aren't releasing that many good DK games,and i don't see why you are whining about Jungle Beat,that game was kick ars.
Your making the game developers seem more derogitory towards rare and being bias on false speculations,rather than focusing on the game development.
Jungle Beat was not a DKC game, yet the tried to pass it off as one, it was like trying to pass off Grabbed by the Ghoulies off as a Conker game.
In addition,Sakurai has his own company,Sora,and is more of a free lance developer,so he could care less about a sall skirmish,he just wants to develop the game.
I know, which is why he is the person I respect most at Nintendo

Because a character is from rare doesn't mean that he has all intentions to completly screw them over.He is designing a game,not giving opinions on what company he likes the best.
see my first point directed towards you.

Jesus.............
ZOMG Blasphemy, not that I care.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
ok im like nutral in this agrument but keep the Krystal not hot thing to you csue thats not exactly ture for everyone and WTF IS "FTW"!

P.S. i know im ******** : P

MikaRabidKitsune

Smash Journeyman
This is all I have to say about furries.

As for Krystal, I say put her in.

Why?

Becuase SSB needs more female characters.

Krystal is a pretty good choice. ^^

As long as it isn't Fara....... :mad:

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Krystal is most well known in her yellow tribal costume though... That's probably what she'd end up having as her outfit. Especially since thta's the only outfit with which she used a staff
Would that be her green uniform because the purpleish one could pass for red she has ablue and then a yellow, yellow maybe able to pass for green if there isn't a green uniform.
and it might make the rating go up
I doubt the rating would go up StarFox is a T rated game aswell. I'm assuming Brawl will be T because the addition of Snake may up it a little from E10.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Krystal isn't exactly most well-known in anything other than blue fur. If anything, she's most well-known for a jumpsuit (her Assault and Command outfits were practically the same except for colors). Plus, her jumpsuit from Assault already comes in the team colors, so that's already taken care of.

The way I see it, if they use her Adventures loincloth, they don't exactly have much for color-changing other than changing her fur. And I...can't really picture a green-furred Krystal. >_<

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
Krystal isn't exactly most well-known in anything other than blue fur. If anything, she's most well-known for a jumpsuit (her Assault and Command outfits were practically the same except for colors). Plus, her jumpsuit from Assault already comes in the team colors, so that's already taken care of.

The way I see it, if they use her Adventures loincloth, they don't exactly have much for color-changing other than changing her fur. And I...can't really picture a green-furred Krystal. >_<
OH GOD NOO i dont want to see a green ,yellow or red Color Krystal noooo

xianfeng

Smash Hero
She could have all her costumes but her original adventures as default, they could change the colour of the bra and bottom part.

Why adventures as Default because in Adventures she has played her biggest role in a starfox game yet and Adventures > Assault (and Rare > Namco :p)

EDIT: Zombie Cola I used to think you were cool but now I think you're a **** spank.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I was more or less thinking that each outfit would represent each color like Pika has a different hat for each color not just a different color of the same hat.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
She has a white outfit, a pink outfit, and....a blue, red, green, and yellow version of one outfit.

One's a lot easier. Besides, I'd rather play a Krystal because she's a good character, not for furry thong shots.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Since when did Guilty Gear become the stereotypical fighter standard by which all are judged?

Also, about half the cast of Melee would have a word with you.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since when did Guilty Gear become the stereotypical fighter standard by which all are judged?

Also, about half the cast of Melee would have a word with you.
Well, it IS viewed by many as one of the best of the genre, so according to alot of people, Guilty Gear IS the be-all-end-all. It also just so happens that the GG characters almost drown you with personality. so... yeah.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
yay smash boards is back! iv been try to get on for like 3 days and nothing been working and it think any of her costumes will be good i'd preferably want the Assault one but yea that just me ;]

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
She has a white outfit, a pink outfit, and....a blue, red, green, and yellow version of one outfit.

One's a lot easier. Besides, I'd rather play a Krystal because she's a good character, not for furry thong shots.
I don't play alot of Starfox games so I just went with the pics given and it may be interesting if they di the different outfits for colors, but I don't really care I was just curious. I'm for Krystal, because she could be a unique character and has some importance in the Starfox series, not for the outfits.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I have yet to play Guilty Gear ( Guilty Gear X Advance Edition probably doesn't count...), so I wouldn't know... And I agree with Kal aMari as it's sort of the exception to the rules, but not so much regarding the Melee cast - at least from what can be taken from Melee itself, not their source games... At any rate, in the end it's the mechanics of the the character over their personality that matters in fighters, in which Krystal is VERY capable when figuring in the gamplay and abilities from Adventures.

Wallmaster

Smash Apprentice
She would be okay. A staff fighter would be cool, but I don't want another clone. I think it would be best if her moveset only slightly resembled Fox's.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
But with a staff, it's very likely that her moveset would resemble Fox's only in, say, one or two moves, if at all.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I dunno... this thread is quite infamous for straying off the intended path, but I doubt any can dethrone the Tom Nook thread in that regard... :grin:
I love that thread :laugh:
Wallmaster said:
She would be okay. A staff fighter would be cool, but I don't want another clone. I think it would be best if her moveset only slightly resembled Fox's.
She has a staff, Fox has technology stuff I fail to see how she would be similar to Fox.

Wallmaster

Smash Apprentice
You are probably right. It makes since, that they would be different. They are from the same game, though. They should be different enough regardless...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom