• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Well this topic is fading way.BTW,someone(I'm assuming Yellow Mage) gave me a neg rep,here it is.

"lol yllw mg is t3h pwnr u n00b 0f n00b1n3s. Post this in the thread and I'll +rep u forever. lolololololololololollllllllooooooolllllllllllllll llkryestla is not sexy, doughnuttttttttttttduuuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttnnnnnnnn ndoooooodojfnndkkkkkkkkksl;aaaaaa"

Yeah,i rest my case.

Okay, that was NOT me. My noobspeak is nowhere NEAR as good/bad as THAT!

I already conceded defeat to you a long time ago, so I had no idea why somebody would want to have you think even worse of me. It's baffling.

Point is, you "won" a long time ago, I surrendered, I left, I checked this thread now and again, and now you think even less of me because of a noob imposter. Something should be done.

EDIT: I DID neg rep you ONCE, and THAT was way back in the Plusle & Minun thread (for mentioning sex and Pokemon in the same sentence, and in a VERY wrong way, at that. . .eww. . .)!

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
ok well if you really didnt wright that then i take back what i said 2 posts ago yea whoever wrote that is friggin ********

Krystal = Awsome and NEEDS to be in brawl

darkpedroso

Smash Rookie
Coooool!

Ok..cool, krystal in SSBB..may the femenine battlers can increase, 'cause many fighters had to be sexy. Well, I had over my unique opinion. I had looked that in SSBM that finally women ad to the game.

That can attract girls to play the game.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Not neccassarily, female smashers don't all play female characters and male smashers use female charcters it is just a personal preferance.

Okay, that was NOT me. My noobspeak is nowhere NEAR as good/bad as THAT!

I already conceded defeat to you a long time ago, so I had no idea why somebody would want to have you think even worse of me. It's baffling.

Point is, you "won" a long time ago, I surrendered, I left, I checked this thread now and again, and now you think even less of me because of a noob imposter. Something should be done.

EDIT: I DID neg rep you ONCE, and THAT was way back in the Plusle & Minun thread (for mentioning sex and Pokemon in the same sentence, and in a VERY wrong way, at that. . .eww. . .)!
Ohh....sorry then...but the guy who posted that i now dub as the Ultimate noob.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Krystal definitely seems like a good possibility for Brawl. I would be very happy because she would be from the StarFox universe, but would be totally different than Fox and Falco gameplay-wise.
I can't wait to see more of the characters that are being added. I'm sure we'll be hearing something within the next few months. Though I could be wrong. ^_^;
I have a feeling the game will come out next fall, though I wish it was sooner. But Nintendo looks to have a decent amount of quality stuff in the next 6 months.

justice

Smash Ace
What do you mean when you call someone a furry? I don't know the current terms for todays world. But yes I would like to see some weld the staff from Star Fox Adventures I never played the other games of Star Fox. So I thought it was a ok game.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Krystal FTW in the poll! Woot!

Before I start with the definition of what "furries" are, I would like to point out that I consider myself a "furry fanboy" to an extent, and will take offense if used offensively due to a certain stereotype (which brought up the "Krystal furry" issue in the first place).

Here's info about Furries/Furry Fandom, which will also explain the root of the stereotyping (from Wikipedia):

Furry fandom is an artistic and literary genre that celebrates the hybridization of human and animal traits and characteristics, specifically in cartoons and comics.

The furry genre is based around the idea of anthropomorphic animal characters, rather than any one type of fiction. Any title in any type of media can be considered a part of the furry genre simply by having a fantasy animal character in it, though such characters are most often seen in cartoons, comics, science fiction, allegorical novels, commercials, video games and animated films.

Members of the furry fandom, known as furry fans, furries, or furs, particularly enjoy media that includes fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Since the 1980s, anthropomorphic characters which mix the features of animals with a generally human form have been referred to as furries. Some examples of anthropomorphic attributes are: exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walking on two legs, and wearing clothing. Other terms for these types of characters are funny animal and talking animal, or kemono in Japan.

The furry community has grown rapidly with the advent of the Internet. Content created by furry fans on the World Wide Web covers a wide range of interests, including fantasy, philosophy, sex, politics, religion and lifestyle. Some fans consider coverage of their activities by the mass media and entertainment industry to be sensational, as it tends to focus on fetishistic aspects of the fandom.

The term “Furry” is used to describe a specific genre of fantasy art and literature. The fandom for the furry genre traces its organization back to a science fiction convention in 1980, when a drawing of a character from Steve Gallacci’s Albedo started a discussion of anthropomorphic characters in science fiction novels, spawning a discussion group that met at various science fiction and comics conventions, although its roots also come from Japanese society in the late 1970s.

Over the next several years, a gradually increasing number of furry fans developed fanzines and eventually began to have gatherings at house parties. By 1987 enough interest had been generated for the first furry convention.

As the internet became more accessible, it became the most popular means for furry fans to keep in touch and share their artistic efforts. This gained the fandom higher visibility and it began to grow rapidly. Virtual environments, such as MUCKs, soon became the most popular places on the net for furry fans to meet and communicate. One of the oldest and largest MUCKs in existence is FurryMUCK. One of the newest virtual environments to attract furry fans is Second Life.

Examples of the types of animal characters that typically inspire furry fans are represented by the titles below.

From cartoons
Roger Rabbit, The Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, Bugs Bunny, Mickey Mouse, Wile E. Coyote,

From animated feature films
Disney's Robin Hood and The Lion King, My Neighbor Totoro, The Secret of NIMH, Bagi, Madagascar

From TV
Father of the Pride, Kimba the White Lion, Disney's Rescue Rangers, SWAT Kats, Rex the Runt, The Raccoons, Arthur

From comics
Usagi Yojimbo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Omaha the Cat Dancer, Shanda The Panda, Albedo Anthropomorphics, Maus, Over the Hedge

From novels
Richard Adams' Watership Down, Andre Norton's Breed to Come, Brian Jacques' Redwall series, Steven Boyett's The Architect of Sleep, S. Andrew Swann's Moreau series

From games
RuneQuest, Lugaru, EverQuest, the Star Fox series, Sonic the Hedgehog series, Jazz Jackrabbit series, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Furcadia

From webcomics
Newshounds, Boomer Express, The Suburban Jungle, Kevin and Kell, Faux Pas, Namir Deiter, Sabrina Online, Dan and Mab's Furry Adventures, VG Cats

Many members of the fandom have also cited as inspiration the historical usage of anthropomorphic animals in world mythology, including but not limited to Greek, Egyptian, Japanese and Native American. Aesop's Fables is also cited on many lists of furry resources.

To set them apart from more seriously-depicted animal characters, cartoon animals are sometimes also known as "funny animals," a term that goes back to the early 20th century and seems to have been inspired by the use of animal characters in The Funnies, rather than as a reference to animal comedians. Additionally, in Japan there is a genre called kemono, a tangentially related but independent genre with different cultural associations.

There are dozens of webcomics based on animal characters. Many are created by furry fans and, as such, may be referred to as "furry comics." One such comic, T.H.E. Fox, was first published on CompuServe in 1986, predating the Web.
More info can be found on the Wikipedia article on "Furry Fandom."

justice

Smash Ace
One more question. Sorry for this but does this include the Zoras' from the Zelda series. Because they don't have no fur but are a combination of a animal? I will try to not bring this up in public or anything.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
The Zora and the Goron were two different races from OoT, like Elves and Dwarves are in other fantasies. I wouldn't consider them furries.

Now is the time to drop the subject, because the person who brought it up in the first place was, in fact, being offensive.

It is hard to use the term neutrally anymore, nigh impossible, really. If a furry work is being praised, people typically don't think of it as a furry, because of the pejorative society put on the word.

justice

Smash Ace
This is just weird I just consider the characters normal. Now back to the subject and no more talk about it. I want Krystal for a triple attack or something from Fox, Falco, and Krystal herself. Another I would like to see the staff in action oh man I loved that weapon and its' diversity it was a projectile and a staff. I loved the game it was from don't matter what other people says. So yes I thought it was good game but I haven't played Star Fox 64 before. So I have no reason to be mad about dinosaur planet.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
My point exactly.

What I care about the Starfox factor: Krystal FTW!
Falco FTL!!!
Sorry, I just have to say that I reject any character that gets in at the expense of Falco. He is my ABSOLUTE favorite Starfox character. If he doesn't come back with a new moveset, then I'm gonna have to choke a B****. Not even Krystal or Wolf can take me off of this mindset.

Give me Falco or give me death.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Thank you, Basement Dweller!

And on a more neutral note, nobody said that Falco and Krystal could not be in at the same time.

But on a me note, Falco FTL. Everything I say or do proves Falco's non-worthieness of the Super Smash Brother title. Or at least tries to :) .

justice

Smash Ace
Why not it just that some people have bad experiences with Falco and Fox. So they try to remove one or both to make way for new characters. This may not be true for everyone. Like how I don't want to see Peach until they fix here and maybe make Zelda and Shiek more equal I think it is a little to one sided. Well I am a good Zelda/Shiek player. This is not meant to offend anyone but I think it is a fact.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
In response to justice, I don't want Falco gone because of bad experiences, I want him gone because of logic.

I never had a "bad day" with Falco, per se, nor do I have any grudge against him, but I DO think his popularity is undeserved. I don't try to be different, I don't want him gone because I'm bad with him, I want him gone because his presence in melee was totally inexcuseable.

First off, a reason he doesn't deserve the title of all-star is because, despite what fanboys (who don't want thier precious chain-shiner gone, ignoring logic) say, Falco was never all that big in the Star Fox series. He wasn't even ever PLAYABLE before Melee.

Not only is he an NPC, but all he CAN be is a clone of Fox, who never even made since in SSB before Adventures because all he could do was ride a spaceship and shoot at stuff. Fox was given a moveset made up on the spot, and since they couldn't think of more movesets on the spot, they had to give the same moveset to Falco.

But people want him in because they're good with him in Melee! Which makes no sense because Brawl is an entirely different game. For all intensive purposes, let us say Falco DOES make it in, but he had to be nerfed as the cost. All his previous "fans" now hate him because they now suck as him, and then thier eyes "open," more or less, to the truth that Falco never made sense in the first place.

Logic says I'm right. Logic says Falco FTL.

If a charactor deserves to be in, then they'll be a charactor that makes sense as far as thier charactor goes, not as far as "how good they are" in Brawl, because since it isn't released yet, we have no idea, so NOBODY should be judged on how "good" they "can" be rather than how much sense they make.

If the charactor makes sense, they'll likely be in, otherwise, end of story.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
hey guys im back from the tournament its amazing how like 3 pages gets added while im away and when ever i am around the thread is like dead but i got owned at the tourny but there were some crazy matches

Krystal = Awsome!

sorry bout the double post my net like laggged !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom