• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
the wait is killing me as well
right now i support so many characters that i can say i will most likely use them all but my main goes to meta knight, main backups blaziken and lucario, secondary backups kirby, mario, pit, krystal, wolf , deoxys, mewtwo, and sonic.
of course this is all assumming all my picks make it to brawl
oh please oh please oh please

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
yea i really hope that she gets in she's gunna be my main as well i can't wait! i have a good feeling she'll be in brawl but i am nervous that she wont be...

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
she has a good chance, a self writing moveset, and sakurai was looking into her and her staff

SmashBrawl said:
Krystal - I read once somewhere before that Sakurai was astounded by the popularity Star Fox had as a series, and that’s partially why he decided Fox would get a clone in Falco when he had to go ahead and make clone characters in Melee. This time around he wants to keep the fans of Star Fox happy still, and supposedly was asking questions about Krystal the Fox to eager gamers. I don’t know how definite what he said is what I’m saying here, but I heard that he essentially asked who she was, why they liked her, if they would like to see her, and how cool would it be to see her with that staff of hers. He was very intrigued by her after the E3 trailer was first shown, and journalists began throwing him ideas.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i hate this wait. we haven't had an update in 5 months. just checked ign and the update only has sakurai talking about controllers in smash. the only update in freakin forever. it is driving me insane! i need info man.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
They really ought to at least give us another trailer - even if it shows only ONE more SSBB addition (preferably either Krystal or Ridely), as long as we get to see more gameplay footage... (yes, I'm THAT desparate... :dizzy:)

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Ehh I've been eger to here info about videogames sence the wait for Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, and Legend of Zelda:Ocernia of Time. I'm very much used to it. :chuckle:

What I like to do to pass the time is make stuff related to the game (Like a video with different setup or music, or possible menus) and submit it somewhere to see how close people think its gonna be to the orignal.

Off topic? Very, but as of now I belive theres nothing much to be said anymore. If your really bord try some of these suggested things, thats what I do to keep my-self sane.

(Now if you'll excuse me I must go and burn stuff. o.0)**Crazyness**

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it makes me wonder. both the diddy and ridley threads are in this predicament, but the diddy thread has one more page everytime i come onto this site. i can't understand that because this thread used to be the most popular. oh well. i usually just come in and support the character a little more, just to keep it alive.

krystal for brawl

xianfeng

Smash Hero
and then this is how it will go
Sakurai: so that Krystar chick where did she get her staff from
Dev: Starfox Adventures, it was the rast game rare made for Nintendo
Sakurai: You mean that British company that made games only funny towards the western audience!
Dev: Yes
Sakurai: They were so un-Nintendo they cared about some one not from Japan so we can't have something they made
Dev: Does that mean we cancer Krystar and Diddy Kong
Sakurai: No make Krystar a fox clone and give Diddy Kong a moveset about bananas and friging poo
Dev: Yes sir how Nintendo of you to screw over Rare
Sakurai: I know, I'rr get a promotion for this

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Don't be suprised if it does, nintendo has a history of screwing over Rare but rare when commenting on Banjo Kazooie 3 said
"This can't turn into some minigame-based paper game. It has to be something that has a ton of substance."
That'll show nintendo

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Ehh I don't think Banjo Kazzoie dirseves any rep in the first place.*Awaits gasps*

No really I didn't, the whole game just seemed like a rip off of the orignal Mario 64 to me. In fact Rare was copying Nintendo all throughout the 64(And maby a little now.) What with Banjo Kazzoie/Mario 64, and Didy Kong raceing/Mario Kart Raceing, and others.

I'm not saying Rare deserved to be blown off, but it was getting a little old. At least where it is now the curse words of Concur will fit in ore welly with the platform its in. Added on to that, Sakuri is giveing Krystal her staff so if he doesent DO be surprized, Diddy being screwed up beceause of Rare grundge seems more probable, but thats just me.

Hay waddia know we did find a new topic to move on to.

icymatt

Smash Lord
The developers aren't stupid.

The best things Rare made were Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and RC Pro-Am.

And Banjo-Kazooie 3 won't show nothin' to nobody.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Rare's games were nothing like Nintendo's. In Diddy Kong Racing you could fly, drive or hover in Mario Kart you drove, In Banjo Kazooie you played as a bear and a bird traveling through a diverse landscape and wacky worlds to rescue a bear from a witch and ugly beast, In Donkey Kong 64 you played as 5 characters trying to save an island, in mario 64 you walked around a castle collecting stars, the only things they had in common was the genre and the system they were on but whatever if you can't notice the fact that they are nothing alike.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
and then this is how it will go
Sakurai: so that Krystal chick where did she get her staff from
Dev: Starfox Adventures, it was the last game rare made for Nintendo
Sakurai: You mean that British company that made games only funny towards the western audience!
Dev: Yes
Sakurai: They were so un-Nintendo they cared about some one not from Japan so we can't have something they made
Dev: Does that mean we cancel Krystal and Diddy Kong
Sakurai: No make Krystal a fox clone and give Diddy Kong a moveset about bananas and fliging poo
Dev: Yes sir how Nintendo of you to screw over Rare
Sakurai: I know, I'll get a promotion for this
Oh. My. F***ing. GOD!!! That tears it! Xianfeng, I am so God**** tired of you and your constant b***hing about Rare. Get over it! Repeat after me:

Nintendo does NOT hate Rare.

Just because one stupid little kid didn't care for the way Nintendo handled some Rare properties after Rare left Nintendo does not, I repeat: DOES NOT mean that Nintendo bears some sort of unrelenting hatred for the entire company. I have no idea where you could have even gotten that sort of idea you stupid litte ****. I mean, I'm fine if you don't like some games. I have no problem with that. But to constantly b***h and whine and spam everywhere you can with you incessant whining about how "Nintendo wants to screw Rare over" is too much. You are not right, so stop trying to shove your opinion down each and every one of our throats. Get the **** over yourself.

GenG

Smash Lord
after Rare abandoned Nintendo (that's right, abandoned)
I thought Nintendo sold Rare because they weren't profitable at that moment. Microsoft's Ed Fries said that Nintendo was very fair in the transaction, retaining all DK and Starfox new characters but giving Banjo, Jet Force, Killer Instinct, Blast Corps, Conker... to Rare. So no, Nintendo doesn't hate Rare, they sold because they had to. When they departed, Rare said that the friends they had in EAD were very sad.

Xianfeng should quit the hating just because DKJB simply destroys the most recent Rare software.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I thought Nintendo sold Rare because they weren't profitable at that moment.
I did not know that. I thought Rare left Nintendo of its own accord. I fixed my post. Thanks for clearing that up, GenG, but what I said to xianfeng still stands.

marthsword

Smash Ace
Shes not too new, starfox adventures came out like 5 months after ssbm.

Really though, to the guy who started this thread, that moveset makes her a complete clone of fox/ falco. THe moveset by the guy in your quote sounds great though. Krystal is hot tthough... for a fox.

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
That actually was smart on Nintendo's part to sell Rare b/c Rare's games weren't selling well in Japan but they also weren't selling enough in the west to keep it going. So Nintendo was right to sell a western game dev co. to a Western based publisher. And as you can see Nintendo obviously had something to do with Rare's games seeing as how after the split PD: Zero came out for X360 and sucked.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Oh. My. F***ing. GOD!!! That tears it! Xianfeng, I am so God**** tired of you and your constant b***hing about Rare. Get over it! Repeat after me:

Nintendo does NOT hate Rare.

Just because one stupid little kid didn't care for the way Nintendo handled some Rare properties after Rare left Nintendo does not, I repeat: DOES NOT mean that Nintendo bears some sort of unrelenting hatred for the entire company. I have no idea where you could have even gotten that sort of idea you stupid litte ****. I mean, I'm fine if you don't like some games. I have no problem with that. But to constantly b***h and whine and spam everywhere you can with you incessant whining about how "Nintendo wants to screw Rare over" is too much. You are not right, so stop trying to shove your opinion down each and every one of our throats. Get the **** over yourself.

XianFeng, you have made some resourceful posts before, but good god please listen to this guy! Also what I was saying about Nintendo screwing over Diddy was an exageration compareing the fact that Nintendo will not screw up Krystal or Diddy. I don't really think that but I do belive that some of you probally will take it that way.

Captain Fabulous

Smash Journeyman
Shes not too new, starfox adventures came out like 5 months after ssbm.

Really though, to the guy who started this thread, that moveset makes her a complete clone of fox/ falco. THe moveset by the guy in your quote sounds great though. Krystal is hot tthough... for a fox.
yay someone kind of thinks what i think.... :]

(on the last part) :]

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Krystal would at the most be mid tier with her average magic and light weight. Also she wouldn't be able to jump very high seeing as she doesn't have an athletic body type and she'll be carrying around a spear.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
That actually was smart on Nintendo's part to sell Rare b/c Rare's games weren't selling well in Japan but they also weren't selling enough in the west to keep it going. So Nintendo was right to sell a western game dev co. to a Western based publisher. And as you can see Nintendo obviously had something to do with Rare's games seeing as how after the split PD: Zero came out for X360 and sucked.
Exactly they sold rare because they were anti-Nintendo they cared about someone apart from the japanese.
Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Need I say more.
That was still better than Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine. It was like a full game of mad monster mansion from Banjo Kazooie and it was Fun, it would have been better suited on the gamecube though.
SFA came out for N64. It wasn't that great either, Krystal or no.
It never came out for the 64 it was going to and it was going to be better.
Krystal would be top tier; If I had to fight a Krystal player, I'd just drop my controller and go to mcdonalds.
How do you know she would be top tier

Excuse me for bringing this thread from dull to excitement, I still think that Nintendo 100% liked rare because they targeted what they refused too but I don't think they would go and screw over some of their creations, it was too breathe life in this thread and HiddenTiger I laughed at your post because I saw lots of these things *

SupaSmashBrotha

Smash Ace
Xian I was trying to point out that Nintendo isn't anti-anything-not-japanese but the fact that Rare wasn't selling enough in the west to keep it going. Every1 knew it wasn't doing good in Japan.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The japanese didn't like their games such as Conker's bad fur day because it was full of western humour they wouldn't understand, Jet Force Acadmy because they wouldn't understand the stuff Rare left in there and Goldeneye and Perfect Dark because shooting games don't sell over there. They ate up Banjo-Kazooie and Conker's Pocket Tales though and they were the only people yearning for super cuter Conker '64

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
Krystal would be top tier; If I had to fight a Krystal player, I'd just drop my controller and go to mcdonalds.
then holymarth, you better get ready to go to mcdonalds alot cuz she will be one of my backups

btw for those who don't know, holymarth lives in the about two minutes away from me and he's one of my main smash buddys and vice versa

EDIT: oh and bring me back something too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom