• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I just wanted to toss this out there. . . .am I the only person that sees them making her out-fit a comdination of the past 3 games but its centered around Advantures out-fit? Im sure Sakurai sees the importance of her tribal like roots (which is where her staff comes from) so Im VERY sure that thats going to be a key part of her out-fit in someway. He has already shown that he is willing to go all out on costumes for some characters (Wolf for Fox/ Dark Link/ Dark MK/ Fusion-Dark Suit Samus/ Daisy-Wedding Peach/ Dixy for Diddy's/ Bling bing Bowser for example) so I can only hope that he does some kinda "Advantures- Star wolf team" Alts for Krystal.:chuckle:

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mmm well it all depends in what the end result will look like. Some of us would probably rather have our recommended costume. In the end like some have said, even my self. Sakurai will find a way to make it happen and make MOST of us happy. Not just to one particular party.

-Onyx

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
http://youtube.com/watch?v=asBHt8ow3fg

It's a guster for anger in which case you can't hit the person. Like a "I would kick your a** if you where not running away/ fare away!".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fist+shake
A staple Old Folk agressive move. Shaking the fist lets people know they are disgruntled but haven't the means to kick your ***. Directly related to the wave off, the fist shake is a time honored right for senior citizens, and adored by the young.
And if you're shaking it wrong you're implying that the other person is a ****er.

I think it's hard to come up with something that blends the past three games with her into one character. The most dominant factor should be Adventure, since that's where the most interesting moves come from. However, I feel that she shouldn't be "just some staff wielder", we shouldn't ignore that she is part of a team now, a team which uses somewhat advanced weaponry.

We did see Krystal wield a big gun in one of the renders, as well as a bomb. Even though pulling out a big-*** weapon out of her pocket seems awkward, I think it could be interesting to see such a tactic.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
all in all it doesn't matter.

I'll be happy if Krystal's in, period.

Sure I'd prefer tribal outfit, but if it can't be I'll live.

(but it's not like her spacesuit is much more modest)

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I don't mind her being in Brawl, actually, I think she would be a good addition. Just, don't make her trigger-happy with a gun all the time.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
i agree a gun with her could be disasterous if she over-uses it!

well Kind Dede is in... how many more character's are going to be put in?

and Krystal, I personally think, still has a high chance of being put in! especially by what sakurai's journal says. or at least from what i've heard about it. does anyone know where or how to read his journal?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Panda (I believe) translated most of his poll entries for us. If the thread's still alive, you can search for it.

Characters...a reasonable guess is about 40 total, not counting ATs. So far, there have been 23 announced on the Dojo. Of those, 12 returning from Melee. The journal also mentioned that not everyone is returning, but thanks to the Ice Climbers, the question of who (aside from obvious/useless clones like Dr. Mario) is hard to answer. For the heck of it, let's assume that:

a) there will be forty playable characters in Brawl. Most people agree this is a reasonable estimate, despite little solid evidence to support it (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't re-read the poll blog in a while).

b) 24 of those 40 are returning from Melee. All that we know is that "not everyone from Melee will be coming back," in other words, at least one fighter is getting the axe. I'm not going to debate who, I'm not going to argue numbers, just say that AT MOST, 24 fighters will return from Melee.

Assuming these to be true, there will be 16 new fighters in Brawl. Of those, eleven have been revealed. That means that, worst case scenario, there's a minimum of FIVE slots to fill with new characters.

This is assuming, of course, that the Melee roster is mostly intact. There are other topics to argue about who's getting the axe, and my preferred estimate would actually be closer to 20 returning, 20 new. There are a lot of variables to be sure; this is basically to provide a minimum we can all agree on.

Now...of those few spots left, I strongly believe that Sakurai's poll responses will have a powerful influence over who makes fills them. The good news is that Krystal both scored very well in the poll AND attracted Sakurai's attention in his responses. Most people can agree that she's a shoe-in. However, it also means that space per series is getting quite limited. As of this post, the only "original" SSB64 series that doesn't have a playable character yet is F-Zero. The trend appears to be two reps from the main series (I'm counting Samus and Zamus as two separate characters); the groups that haven't met this yet are (of course) F-Zero, Star Fox, Yoshi*, and Fire Emblem**. If this holds, then (along with the Cap) we can expect a new one from the other three series.

For the record, this whole post has been pure speculation on my part. How many are returning, how many will there be, is there a pattern to who gets in, it's all up to Sakurai. And call him a ***** of the fans if you want, but I'll be ****ed if he doesn't pull something just to mess with our expectations. He could screw over F-zero entirely and remove Falcon; he could fill the game with Kirby enemies and bosses; heck, he could even come out the day before the release and say, "Oh, by the way, the Dojo and the poll were all just to feed you information," pack up his bags and sail off into the sunset riding a pink hippo and giving us all the finger while he sips mimosas in his private island in the Caribbean.

He may want to please the fans, but he's a hard man to predict. Just ask how many people were SURE the Ice Climbers wouldn't be returning.

*debatable, as the roster they can pull from the games is quite limited to begin with. Also, some people still consider Yoshi as part of the Mario series, but that can be argued with the rationale of Donkey Kong and WarioWare.

**I'm counting Earthbound under the "unexpected/off-the-wall/few people would even think about it" group, along with Ice Climbers and (potentially) Stafy. Like it or not, popularity of the series is a huge deciding factor in the inclusion of a character, even more so for two characters from the same series. Fire Emblem took off worldwide after Melee; the same could hardly be said for Mother. That's not quite the point of the post, just clarifying.

kaid

Smash Master
^If we're going to assume things, how about we throw in the World Icon theory?

last I checked, they were still missing World #19, and we were still missing an Animal Crossing Character. That's at least 2 characters out of your hypotheyical 5.

My favs for the last 3 would be Lucario, Krystal, and to be fair, Midna/Tingle. (I think Midna deserves it more, but I know Japan has different views of Tingle)

Zarckoh

Smash Apprentice
For me, Krystal is already in, I just hope that we get her soon at least as the next newcomer. I don't know why, but I have the feeling that she will be a starter and Falco will return as a unlockable with a different moveset.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
That link has been posted several times. It's also been verified by several different people here and elsewhere. Thank you, though.

^If we're going to assume things, how about we throw in the World Icon theory?

last I checked, they were still missing World #19, and we were still missing an Animal Crossing Character. That's at least 2 characters out of your hypotheyical 5.

My favs for the last 3 would be Lucario, Krystal, and to be fair, Midna/Tingle. (I think Midna deserves it more, but I know Japan has different views of Tingle)
I don't get what you mean by World #19. By World Icon I only assume you're talking about the Earthbound/Mother symbol? Either way, I quite lost.

I'm not saying my model is flawless. Heck, I pointed out several flaws myself. It's pretty much a rough estimate; if there are 40 characters, then there's a minimum of five new character slots remaining. Probably more. The important thing is that there's not as many slots as people think there are.

RDK

Smash Hero
Megatron, that list is terrible. Try taking out some of the crap characters, like Geno, Animal Crosser (WTF?), Claus, Captain Olimar, and Sukapon (DOUBLE WTF?).

Then try putting in more deserving ones, like Megaman, Bomberman, Wolf O'Donnel, etc.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Megatron, that list is terrible. Try taking out some of the crap characters, like Geno, Animal Crosser (WTF?), Claus, Captain Olimar, and Sukapon (DOUBLE WTF?).

Then try putting in more deserving ones, like Megaman, Bomberman, Wolf O'Donnel, etc.
Crap characters ha, then who the hell do you want in?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yes for me, I made a list and came out with roughly 36 characters. I do want more and hope that there is more than that.

Krystal being one of them.

-Onyx

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord

I don't know what your definition of a good character list is, oh and Mega Man is in there if you look at it.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman

How could you write such a thing? Geno is the best thing next to sliced bread. >:

As for Animal Crosser, defintely not. There was already too much negative comments flying around since EGM stated that Pokemon Trainer and Ike are 'generic', Animal Crosser would be the definition of generic. Just because there is a Leaf icon for Animal Crossing doesn't necessarily mean there will be an Animal Crossing character.

There's a Nintendo DS icon for the Pictochat stage, doesn't mean we're going to be getting to play as a Nintendo DS.

As for Sukapon, I agree, WTF, isn't that another Konami thing? I doubt we'll get 'another' Konami character, maybe as an assist trophy, definitely not playable.

I'm reserved about Olimar and Claus, never really played the games they are from to really share any valid opinions about them without asserting favorable bias.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How could you write such a thing? Geno is the best thing next to sliced bread. >:

As for Animal Crosser, defintely not. There was already too much negative comments flying around since EGM stated that Pokemon Trainer and Ike are 'generic', Animal Crosser would be the definition of generic. Just because there is a Leaf icon for Animal Crossing doesn't necessarily mean there will be an Animal Crossing character.

There's a Nintendo DS icon for the Pictochat stage, doesn't mean we're going to be getting to play as a Nintendo DS.

As for Sukapon, I agree, WTF, isn't that another Konami thing? I doubt we'll get 'another' Konami character, maybe as an assist trophy, definitely not playable.

I'm reserved about Olimar and Claus, never really played the games they are from to really share any valid opinions about them without asserting favorable bias.
Sukapon doesn't belong to Konami, he's a nintendo original character

Fawriel

Smash Master

Frankly, your post is terrible.

Wait, where IS Mewtwo? Booo!

Either way, on the subject of Animal Crossing, I'm really starting to suspect that it won't have a playable rep. Would only be fitting for the series anyway. It has an icon, but icons are also seen when selecting a stage, not just a character.
And since Nook was pretty much the best possible character for the job but is rather deconfirmed as of now...

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
then take out K. Rool.....I think K. Rool would be nice...but he definately doesnt have more priority than Mewtwo or Takamaru(dont flame me for this)...

fluffy

Smash Champion
well i think it's pretty obvious that they're talking about newcomers. krystal being one of them. :/

anywayz krystal for brawl.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
GameFAQs has Joy Mech Fight as Nintendo property. No Konami to be found. I'm curious, where did you hear that Sukapon was Konami?

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
man I'm lost about these character's i have never played as or against or even the game they are in! lol i just want Krystal to be in it! lol

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
It's okay, Sukapon is quite a vague character, anyways. =P

Not knowing K. Rool, though...Go get you some DKC, man!

kaid

Smash Master
That link has been posted several times. It's also been verified by several different people here and elsewhere. Thank you, though.

I don't get what you mean by World #19. By World Icon I only assume you're talking about the Earthbound/Mother symbol? Either way, I quite lost.

I'm not saying my model is flawless. Heck, I pointed out several flaws myself. It's pretty much a rough estimate; if there are 40 characters, then there's a minimum of five new character slots remaining. Probably more. The important thing is that there's not as many slots as people think there are.
No.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_17.gif Is the Foxhound symbol, for Snake/Metal Gear
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_18.gif is Pit/Kid Icarus

And http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_20.gif is Sonic

World 19 has not been revealed, but there are theories as to how they are ordered.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
/Sigh

(For the hundredth time) We need to find something good to talk about for Krystal. I think the best and one that we can't really decide on is her costume.. Always trails into something else...

Come on update, then we can discuss what we speculate about it!

-Onyx

RDK

Smash Hero
And you concluded that from a paragraph that didn't contain any hints towards that. Way to go, I guess.
I concluded that after re-reading the first post of your "Gardevoir 4 Brawl" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom