• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people use the reasoning "Brawl needs more females/villians" (myself included). Shark's list shows that Brawl needs one more than the other, depending on how you look at it.

RDK

Smash Hero
I see. :dizzy:

I guess when it comes down to it, it depends on 1 of 2 things:

1. Which character you want in the game more than the other.

2. Whether you want another villain or another female.

I say go with another villain. Hehehh > :flame:

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Red Darkstar Kirby said:
I see. :dizzy:

I guess when it comes down to it, it depends on 1 of 2 things:

1. Which character you want in the game more than the other.

2. Whether you want another villain or another female.

I say go with another villain. Hehehh > :flame:
Trust me. If they put in one, they'll put in the other.

RDK

Smash Hero
Maybe you're right. After all, they did put in both Marth and Roy in at the same time in SSBM, and they're from the same game.

However, they may see this on a little overkill for the Starfox franchise...

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Marth's from FE 1-3. Roy's from FE 6.

And I think that two characters is a big deal for Star Fox. Fire Emblem has literally hundreds of character choices; Star Fox has around ten viable options. You're talking about adding a fifth of the remaining characters.

On the other hand, I would love to see both Wolf and Krystal in...but I'd rather have the latter before the former..

RDK

Smash Hero
I suppose...I don't see why NOT to put two more Starfox characters in--it's a valid argument. However, it could be viewed as taking up slots for other potential characters.

Just a thought.

kaid

Smash Master
If we view it in terms of slots... I say Staff-wielder before powerhouse. More original.

Melee had:
Mario Franchise: 4+
Zelda: 4
Kirby: 1
Pokemon: 4
Metroid: 1
Fzero: 1
Starfox: 2

Expect these numbers to even out, in brawl.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Shark X said:
Females:
Samus/Zero Suit
Jigglypuff
Peach
Zelda/Sheik

Villains:
Bowser
Ganon
Mewtwo
Meta-Knight
Wario
Technically, Wario isn't a villian. He's just the Anti-Mario, greed-motivated, rival. He works for whatever gives hime the biggest profit. Evil just happens to give more profits than good...usually.

Personally, I think that both Wolf and Krystal will make it. But if they choose only one, my money is on Krystal.

Keaton2008

Smash Rookie
Wario is Wario.
As far as the Krystal thing goes: HELL YES. *Insert Beck reference here* If she gets in, they'll have to put her in her spacesuit.
Other fourm members: DUUUUH, N00B.

Other villians? Sure. King K. Rool vs. Bowser? SUMO TIME!!!11122

I would like to see Banjo-Kazooie as a choice replacement for Ice Climbers. I know Microsoft bought Rare, but Banjo Pilot was on the GBA!

But I still think Pichu should be removed.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wario has the attitude of a bounty hunter--he sells to the highest bidder.

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Except Wario doesn't really sell anything at all. Except his company's (Wario Ware Inc.) products. He's not a villian anymore either, just really greedy.

Now can we please stick to the discussion at hand about Krystal appearing in Brawl?

I would like to see Banjo-Kazooie as a choice replacement for Ice Climbers. I know Microsoft bought Rare, but Banjo Pilot was on the GBA!
So was Grunty's Revenge for that matter.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think that they will put in BOTH Krystal and Wolf.

Krystal because she completly unique with her mage powers and staff. We all know she is going to be in this game anyway. . . .

Wolf because hes one of Fox's most famose and new bad guys. He would also be unique because, unlike Fox and Falco, he didn't have someone teach him how to fight. He made up his own fighting style in the games so he should have a completly different move-set then Fox.

He also wouldn't be just a "powerhouse" because, in the games, hes faster AND stronger then Fox. To even it out they could give him a lil bit of lag on his moves or make his jumps a lil lower then Fox's or something.

And look at the LoZ characters. They put in 3 new characters from the LoZ games in that one leap from SSB. to SSBM. so I don't see why they wouldn't put in 2 more SF characters.

RDK

Smash Hero
Wolf because hes one of Fox's most famose and new bad guys.
Just to remind you, Wolf O'Donnel isn't a new villain. He's been in the Starfox games a long time.

I think Wolf, if he makes it, should be slower than Fox and Falco, but stronger than both. I think both faster AND stronger is pushing it a little, guys.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Red Darkstar Kirby said:
Just to remind you, Wolf O'Donnel isn't a new villain. He's been in the Starfox games a long time.

I think Wolf, if he makes it, should be slower than Fox and Falco, but stronger than both. I think both faster AND stronger is pushing it a little, guys.
a ganondorf like fox?

RDK

Smash Hero
Sort of...

Definetely not as big, though. Bigger than Fox and Falco, definetely.

To put it in 'moron' terms: a slower, stronger, slightly bigger Fox/Falco.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Red Darkstar Kirby said:

I dont think thats pushing it. Falcon, if I remember correctly, is Faster/ Stronger and Bigger then Fox and Falco but they made that even. There are more ways to level the playingfeld then just by Size/ Speed and Power.

(They should stay true to Wolf's past and not dum him down to keep the spot-light on Fox. . . I wonder how Krystal's stats will look. . . )

RDK

Smash Hero
There are more ways to level the playingfeld then just by Size/ Speed and Power.
I see what you mean. After all--ther is still his moveset to consider...

I hope (if he makes it) he's not a Fox/Falco clone. Something fresh would be nice. Obviously, a gun-like weapon for his B attack. Not necessarily a blaster, like Fox's or Falco's.

Like I said--something fresh. ;)

kaid

Smash Master
Krystal will likely have fast, weak a moves and some slow powerful specials. Weight will likely be similar to Fox, but won't fall quite as fast. And she won't run as fast.

SYC!

Smash Apprentice
While Wolf surely deserves the spot more, I really can't picture him as anything but Fox's answer to Falcon's heavy clone (Dorfo the Magnificent). + I really like Krystal.

Krystal for SSBB!

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
"Dorfo the Magnificent"...I gotta write that down so I can steal it later. :laugh:

I'm starting to warm up to Wolf. IMO, though, he's too risky. I see him as about 50-50 on being a clone. On one hand, he obviously would be an easy clone to make. On the other, they could make a really unique moveset (based on Assault), but it'd be a stretch to fill out the moveset. Unless someone's already come out with a complete one.

Krystal, on the other hand, is more of a 80-20 on not being a clone. Her staff and various moves from SFA practically lay out an easy moveset, and I've seen a few well-made complete sets (on the GFAQs board, ironically. :roll:). It's possible that she'd be a clone...but Sakurai would have to be really stupid to pass up what Adventure almost literally gave her.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I think Krystal's staff weilding would be pretty. Just look at Kilk on Soul Caliber 2. If you give her the fluidity of sheik but with a staff that would fun just to watch. I would like her to see some of her psychic power added too. I deffinatly think Krystal will be in because she as such a big fan club for a relativly new character (shoot there are people who will kill just to find some nude pics).

fluffy

Smash Champion
Link'sShadow said:
(shoot there are people who will kill just to find some nude pics).
...ive found tons of dirty 1s online. lol. its depressing.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Yea BentoBox, Krystal is worthy of her own 26 page long official discussion thread AND being a unique and fresh character in Brawl.

However, I truly believe the people who would give Krystal anything other than her Adventures theme needs to go stand next to President Bush..........so that he will look smart for the first time [by comparison. needed to clear that up because the people who need to stand next to him probably wouldn't of figured out what I meant unless stated explicitly].

+1 for Krystal: One of the few worthy names out there!

kaid

Smash Master
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
...give Krystal anything other than her Adventures theme needs to...
Just to clarify, you are refering to a staff based moveset. The issue of outfit is still up in the air, with the Assault/Command flightsuit having the upper edge.

RDK

Smash Hero
Giving her the Assault outfit would make her look too much like a clone of Fox/Falco...

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
Just to clarify, you are refering to a staff based moveset. The issue of outfit is still up in the air, with the Assault/Command flightsuit having the upper edge.

I think that they will give her her adventures out-fit and have the assult one be an unlockable. I think they will do the same for Fox and Falco as well.

RDK

Smash Hero
How about this...

For the character color/team select, it not only changes the color for each character, but the outfit as well.

Or, alongside it.

kaid

Smash Master
Consider the Link in Brawl, in all his TP glory.

This shows that Sakura is puting the newest forms on characters. (which would be the flightsuit, in Krystal's case.) Although Adventures had a higher poly count, and a more...interesting... design, I feel it is likely Sakura will chose the flightsuit, regardless of how we feel on this matter.

RDK

Smash Hero
I see your point. However, if Sakurai chose to use this outfit, then the staff-involved moveset would look out of place...

...considering if he even includes the staff...

RDK

Smash Hero
Consider the Link in Brawl, in all his TP glory. This shows that Sakura is puting the newest forms on characters.
An observation:

In the short SSBB movie at www.smashbros.com, characters like Link, Mario, etc. look completely overhauled on their looks (a good thing). However, Pikachu and Kirby (not that I care about Pikachu) look almost exactly the same. I feel they should have changed their appearances somewhat so their at least slightly distinguishabe from SSBM.

The newcomers look kick ***, though.

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
Not nessisarally. The staff is basically a fancy stick, too small to really clash with any outfit.

Not. . Really. That is her main weapon which fits with her adventures out-fit just like Link and his gear. How would Link look in a skin tight assult suit or a Sumas looking suit with his sword and sheild? It wouldn't realy fit together too good IMO.

Thats way the adventures out-fit should be the one she comes in and the assult one should just be a unlockable.

RDK

Smash Hero
Although Kaid did bring up a good point how it doesn't really matter what we feel about this--Sakurai's gonna do what he feels best, and that probably means putting all the chars in their newest form.

kaid

Smash Master
B/L... Samus is not Link, and Link is not Krystal.

Krystal (adventures) is Krystal (assault/command). There are several examples of high tech staffs, from Episode 1 to Babalon 5. I feel that the staff with the jumpsuit would not look out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom