• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark X

Smash Lord
xianfeng said:
Krystal and nothing it would make the game better is all
Wait, there's a dog character named Krystal? Only dogs I know in the series is Bill and Pepper.

And Peach is not a sex object, she's ugly, stupid, she's just...eck. Zelda and Zero Suit Samus if anything are the sex objects >.>

Black/Light

Smash Master
I ,for one, think that she, like Fox and Falco, should have a unlockable to change between her out-fits. Alot of people don't like the assult suit but alot dont like the thong&Bra of the advanture out-fit so why not let them choose. . . But the advanture one should be the one she comes in.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Adventure outfit is her best one, and everyone likes it. The ones that complain about it are people who are anti-perverts, thinking it's a problem that some sicko's will think of her as a sex object. Who cares? It doesn't hurt you, so why should it bother you what other people think?

Besides, her Adventures outfit if her original outfit, original to her, unlike her assult outfit which seems similar to Leon, Panther, and Falco.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Shark X said:
Adventure outfit is her best one, and everyone likes it. The ones that complain about it are people who are anti-perverts, thinking it's a problem that some sicko's will think of her as a sex object. Who cares? It doesn't hurt you, so why should it bother you what other people think?

Besides, her Adventures outfit if her original outfit, original to her, unlike her assult outfit which seems similar to Leon, Panther, and Falco.
Actually, I find the Assault outfit much more attractive. The Adventures one is pretty standard in video games now, I think; nothing too exciting about loincloths anymore! :laugh: A slinky catsuit is much, much hotter.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Shark X said:
In anycase, I wish we'd get a game that explores her history more, since there's still nothing known about her. There had to be some reason Adventures took place.
Wasn't it just Andross? :confused:

Bah. Oh well. They'll just give Krystal the Wario/Yoshi/Tingle treatment and slap her in her own series. I can see it.

Shark X

Smash Lord
FlipTroopa said:
DS. Not Wii
Aw crap, then you guys are serious?! I guess this good night had to go down the toilet hard somehow, and it just did -.- But it had to be the end of the world of all things to ruin my night, thanks alot 6/6/06, I knew there was something bad about that date >.<

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hmm. I prefer Crystal in her adventures outift, mainly because I think the SF:Assault characters look really weird.

For example, three types of Foxes.

You have the Melee fox, which is Fox fron the N64-- he's the Fox with the renegade attitude.

Then there's the Adventure's fox, which is the most detailed-- he has a vest instead of the jacket, and he his fur is actually fur-- not just a texture. And he's sarcastic and laid back.

Then there's the Assault fox-- I never played this game, but they sure made Fox look hella weird. I bet his personality sucks in that one too.

So, yeah-- I think it should be the adventures Krystal-- mainly because that's where she came from-- and that game had better display of character than Assault.

But this is what you get when Nintendo, Rare, and Namco make the same game.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Shark X said:
The Assault Wolf was the coolest at least.

touche

but Xsyven, im thinking that the assault version of kystal is better than adventures. and fox does not look wierd in assualt.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
@Fllffy: On a scale of one to ten (ten is best), Fox from Adventures got a ten in terms of how he looked. Fox from Assualt gets about a four. Had I not known that Adventures came first and that Assault came out a few months ago, I would have guessed that it was a prequel to a six-year-old game named Assualt...that's how bad it looked.

Fox from Asault had an agressive, follow-my-orders-or-die kind of attitude. Fox from Adventures was laid-back and sarcastic...hence why he was better. Xsyven's Fox description listings are very acurate.

@Kaid: I remember reading that comic around the beginning of school (I went through the archives to read them all), but I didn't get the joke. Now that I have played Adventures, I catch it. As cool as the "I have found something new" scene was the first few times I saw it, I just wanted to skip it so many bloody times!

I love the VG Cats so much... I check up on new comics every week.

@FlipToopa: Tingle!?!?! His own game?!?! Does not compute...

In reguards to Krystal's outift and moveset: Krystal's moves from Adventures is what I'm hoping to get. And, recently, I have come to realize that I like Krystal's leather/spandex outfit a bit more than her "amazon queen" outfit. However, either one would be fine with me...:love:

In reguards to Krystal vs Wolf for Brawl: If you were to take away every weapon and gadget that each one has and make them equal in every aspect of fighting abilities and popularity...Krystal has one thing going for her that Wolf CANNOT duplicate. Nintendo needs more female characters for Brawl. Krystal = female while Wolf =/= female... It's her ace in the hole. This is why I'm inclinded to say that Krystal will be in a Smash game, preferably Brawl, before Wolf. I'm not ruling out the possability that they both make it, but if they only choose one, it will be Krystal.

I also had an idea about how both Assault AND Adventures could be represented.

Ok, leave Fox with his current moveset.
Give Falco a moveset based off of Assault. This would give him his new set, AND represent Assault.
Give Krystal her staff and let the Adventures start...(/bad pun)

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that was a bad pun. ^_^

Seriously, though, Falco is one of the few clones I enjoy having. He plays similar to SSB Fox, while Melee Fox is all juiced up on speed. I think giving Wolf a moveset based off Assault would work quite well (dual machine guns, anyone?). Maybe having something like the NIKITA 0WN4GE from MGS (ie, smacking the fool with the butt of a rocket launcher) would spice up his moveset, keeping it from "omg i shootz teh gun" all the time.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
While the game name argument does keep Nemesis out of the next Hello Kitty game...for this, it's the stupidest reason to keep anyone out.

EDIT: See, kids, this is what happens when you don't finish reading the post. Heheh :)

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Ferro De Lupe said:
@Fllffy: On a scale of one to ten (ten is best), Fox from Adventures got a ten in terms of how he looked. Fox from Assualt gets about a four. Had I not known that Adventures came first and that Assault came out a few months ago, I would have guessed that it was a prequel to a six-year-old game named Assualt...that's how bad it looked.

Fox from Asault had an agressive, follow-my-orders-or-die kind of attitude. Fox from Adventures was laid-back and sarcastic...hence why he was better. Xsyven's Fox description listings are very acurate.

@Kaid: I remember reading that comic around the beginning of school (I went through the archives to read them all), but I didn't get the joke. Now that I have played Adventures, I catch it. As cool as the "I have found something new" scene was the first few times I saw it, I just wanted to skip it so many bloody times!
I hated the high pitched voice Fox had in Adventures. They also made him arrogant and a little too whinny for my tastes. Many of the characters from the Adventures game had that high pitch voice that made it kinda childish. I swear nobody in that game went through puberty.

Although I liked the look of the Adventure Fox better, the character of Fox in Assult was an improvement. Fox had a calm and at times very chill personality. I personally liked when he said "Whats up Peppy?" at the end. I also liked the character they gave Falco. He had that italian-american acent in his voice. Being mostly Italian i can apreciate that. Now as for Krystal. I swear that British acent was faked. There were times when her acent made me shudder. I judge characters pretty hard when im playing a game. I dont want to play a character i dont like.

Now that Ive played both games, i believe that I had more fun playing Assult than I did Adventures. Too bad it only took me a day to beat the whole thing. Oh and yes, VGcats is the ****.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, Krystal's accent sucks in Assault. Her Adventures VA was a lot better, IMO.

And, while we're on the subject: "It's peeing in the break room!"

roy00x

Smash Rookie
that would be kind of weird i mean...to many animals... :dizzy:
but that would still be KINDA cool if she was there. :p

fluffy

Smash Champion
roy00x said:
that would be kind of weird i mean...to many animals... :dizzy:
but that would still be KINDA cool if she was there. :p
there can never be too many furries...:p

RDK

Smash Hero
SHOUT OUT TO ALL ITALIANS!

Just because SSBB doesn't have alot of female characters doesn't mean it needs more. If it came down to putting in one or the other (Wolf/Krystal), I would put my money on Wolf. He has seniority.

kaid

Smash Master
Wolf has been in 6 levels throuout his carear, COUNTING SF2. Krystal had more than that in Assault alone, and was a central character of Adventures.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Red Darkstar Kirby said:
SHOUT OUT TO ALL ITALIANS!

Just because SSBB doesn't have alot of female characters doesn't mean it needs more. If it came down to putting in one or the other (Wolf/Krystal), I would put my money on Wolf. He has seniority.
I consider myself italianirishgerman-american. Im more Italian than anything else but there might even be a little french somewhere in there.

As for the female character thing goes, I believe it would give her an edge or any other female character for that matter. Mabe not much of an edge but a little one. The game would still be alright without female characters but nobody likes a sausage fest.

RDK

Smash Hero
Alright, I'll give you that. Still, beside the fact, Wolf O'Donnell is still a bad@$$. He'd fit great into the revamped SSBB.

If Krystal was in it, she should be in that Amazon belly-costume she had from Adventures. ;)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
fluffy said:
there can never be too many furries...:p
I agree whole-heartedly with you on that.

Yes, Kystal should be in her amazon suit from Adventures :chuckle:. I hope Wolf makes it into the game too, it would make the most sense for a Star Fox enemy.

RDK

Smash Hero
Krystal probably wouldn't be portrayed as too sexy, for fear of deterring the younger ages that will be ineviteably playing this game.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Yes, Krystal could be a secret character so they don't see them on the cover. I doubt that Krystal's inclusion in the game would make it say something like"sexual themes" or something.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
It's Rebecca from the RE series, I tried to get better quality but this was the best one I could get. (They said I could have butt pics in my sig as long as they weren't bare butts)Geez, it's so hard to get good ones that aren't bare.

Anyway, I think that Krystal is a shoe-in for Brawl.

Shark X

Smash Lord
When it comes between Wolf and Krystal, we have to think, what do the guys at Smash Bros want more? Females (Krystal), or Villains (Wolf). We know know from history so far, this.

Females:
Samus/Zero Suit
Jigglypuff
Peach
Zelda/Sheik

Villains:
Bowser
Ganon
Mewtwo
Meta-Knight
Wario

So if you count Sheik and Zero Suit, then Villains for one more, if not, females need one more. And this is just judgeing from what we know so far.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I don't count Sheik or Jiggs. I do count ZSSamus, though. Females still need one, then.

RDK

Smash Hero
But, then again, who ever said these things need to be balanced out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom