• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
kaid said:
B/L... Samus is not Link, and Link is not Krystal.

Krystal (adventures) is Krystal (assault/command). There are several examples of high tech staffs, from Episode 1 to Babalon 5. I feel that the staff with the jumpsuit would not look out of place.
I agree with you on this one.

RDK

Smash Hero
Upon further reflection, seeing as how good Sakurai has done with the revealed characters, I think whatever he does regarding Krystal's costume (assuming she makes it in) will be fresh and sufficient, but at the same time pleasing to all opinions involved.

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
B/L... Samus is not Link, and Link is not Krystal.

Krystal (adventures) is Krystal (assault/command). There are several examples of high tech staffs, from Episode 1 to Babalon 5. I feel that the staff with the jumpsuit would not look out of place.

I was just useing that as an example. She would look BEST in her Adventures out-fit with the staff BUT they should have and unlockable Assult out-fit.
And why would they change her staff for the Assult out-fit? It would look better to just have the origanal staff in with the Adventures out-fit with a option to change the out-fit. . . Maybe the changed out-fit could change the look of they staff if thats what your talking about. . .

(Or they could just say WTH and make up a out-fit for her but thats off the point.)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Oh, Well Im saying that even though it COULD look right with the staff and Assult suit she would look best in the Adventure out-fit AND staff. . . IMO at lest.

Black/Light

Smash Master
kaid said:
Many would agree... (including me) but Sakura is in charge, and all the new games have Krystal in a flightsuit.

Yeah, hes in charge. . . But unless HE said that EVERY character will have their latest out-fit then its realy useless to say hes in charge in this case. We are just saying which one would we like best and I say the Adventures one. . . It would make sence to give her the out-fit her weapon came from IMO. . .Unless they don't use the staff.

If he does that to her then I see no reason for him not to use Assult Fox/ Falco. . .even though Assult Fox looks kind of evil IMO and alot of people want the Adventures Fox out-fit.

But then I go back to my idea that there will be unlockable out-fits for characters seeing that HE said that unlockables are one of the things he thinks makes SSB. fun.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Finally, someone agrees with me.

Fox from Assualt had (as I worded it in another topic) a "follow my orders or die" kind of attitude. Fox from Adventures had a laid-back and sarcastic attitude. People say that Fox from Adventures was a poor representation of Fox...I want to know how. Adventures Fox was in his (what) late teens/early twenties. OF COURSE he's going to be laid back and sarcastic. I have yet to meet anyone at that age who ISN'T (myself included [I'm 18.])

Anyway, I think a simple solution to Krystal's wardrope issue is to give her a skirt that still matches the "Amazon Queen" style that she represnts.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
It seems that everyone agrees on the staff now but not the outfits. I don't really care because that doesn't affect the gameplay. I think everyone would like to have both suits if possible.

bijoukaiba

Smash Journeyman
even though Assult Fox looks kind of evil IMO

:laugh: Lol, I know what you mean. I thought he had rabies. :laugh:

I personally agree with Kaid, Krystal is still Krystal, and she should keep her staff- whether she's dressed Assault or Adventure style. You can change her outsides, but not her insides. Besides, you never know she might get a few Assault based moves anyway.

(((But personally, I like her Adventure costume better because it's more... adventurous.)))

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Ferro De Lupe said:
Finally, someone agrees with me.

Fox from Assualt had (as I worded it in another topic) a "follow my orders or die" kind of attitude. Fox from Adventures had a laid-back and sarcastic attitude. People say that Fox from Adventures was a poor representation of Fox...I want to know how. Adventures Fox was in his (what) late teens/early twenties. OF COURSE he's going to be laid back and sarcastic. I have yet to meet anyone at that age who ISN'T (myself included [I'm 18.])

Anyway, I think a simple solution to Krystal's wardrope issue is to give her a skirt that still matches the "Amazon Queen" style that she represnts.
I hated that his voice sounded like he hadnt hit puberty yet. Guys in their early twenties or even late teens dont usually have voices that high pitch. It made it hard for me to take him seriously. Even the characters in the game couldnt take Fox seriously. For example, when he goes to save tricky and says somthing like "Im head of Starfox blah blah blah.." they just kick the crap out of him and take off. That Fox just seemed too weak to be so boastful.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I support Krystal for inclusion. Staff fighting, female, magic-wielding, cuddly animal. Definitely a good idea for some original fighting styles. If I were Sakurai she'd be in the first five characters on my agenda.

If ZS Samus isn't too new for Smash, than neither is Krystal.

RDK

Smash Hero
I hated that his voice sounded like he hadnt hit puberty yet. Guys in their early twenties or even late teens dont usually have voices that high pitch. It made it hard for me to take him seriously. Even the characters in the game couldnt take Fox seriously. For example, when he goes to save tricky and says somthing like "Im head of Starfox blah blah blah.." they just kick the crap out of him and take off. That Fox just seemed too weak to be so boastful.
On a further note, everyone in that game seemed like they hadn't hit puberty yet...

...even if the costumes were better...

Shark X

Smash Lord
Resting_Fox said:
If ZS Samus isn't too new for Smash, than neither is Krystal.
Just like Pichu was too new for Melee, while Meta-Knight and Wario are very late comers. Game & Watch (being super old), Pichu, Meta-Knight, and Wario prove to us that any characters (or any kind apparently), can be in Smash, at any time.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Vulpine51 said:

Why would he look "strong" in a land full of Dinos?

For that matter way would anyone respect him there? He's like a 4'10-5'6 foot tall fox thats being compared to 12+ foot tall Dinos in a land FULL of Dinos. . . Why would any of them take him seriously?

I also wouldn't think a Fox would have a very deep or manly voice at all. . . their not that big or strong to begin with and their best tools are thier cunning and speed.

RDK

Smash Hero
I think what Vulpine was trying to say is that Fox's voice in Adventures was high even for fox standards (if I can put it that way).

His voice in any of the other games weren't high and squeaky, so he's trying to say, why couldn't they make it similar in Adventures?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, well who says they have to use his voice for his character in SSBB? He could be a option out-fit along with Assult Fox.

RDK

Smash Hero
Weren't we originally talking about Krystal being in SSBB?

Well, in any case, I think her Adventures outfit would be the best choice, because the Assault costume just looks too generic. Her costume should have a bit of flair to it, if you know what I mean. ;)

kaid

Smash Master
I'm starting to think we should just combine the Krystal, Wolf, and Diddy kong threads into one furry thread, given how much cross-debates seem to be happening...

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
kaid said:
I'm starting to think we should just combine the Krystal, Wolf, and Diddy kong threads into one furry thread, given how much cross-debates seem to be happening...
How about a Starfox thread and a DK thread? I think it would be better if each group had their own. For example; a Mario Bros thread, Kirby thread, ect....

Black/Light

Smash Master
Red Darkstar Kirby said:
Weren't we originally talking about Krystal being in SSBB?

Well, in any case, I think her Adventures outfit would be the best choice, because the Assault costume just looks too generic. Her costume should have a bit of flair to it, if you know what I mean. ;)

Yeah, I know what you mean and I agree. But what I said in my last post applies to her as well as Fox/ Falco as in I think she should have a unlockable option for her Out-Fits.

RDK

Smash Hero
Well, unless we need admin permission, somebody should start them.

True, and it would make referencing in the Official Character Debates listing easier...
What do you mean?

Shark X

Smash Lord
Ehh...actually, what is Krystal? 1st party, 2nd party, or 3rd? For that matter, does 2nd party even exist?

I mean, Rare and Namco, who are 3rd party, and the only group to use Krystal. Nintendo themselves never used her so far. I can't believe I just now thought of this, and since she's a Star Fox character, I highly doubt she's 3rd party, so is that what a 2nd party is?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I don't think SF is second party. I believe it's first, but I could be wrong. Second party franchises are owned by second-party companies. Golden Sun and the Metroid Prime series are examples of second party franchises, developed by Camelot and Retro, respectively. And before you say it, I consider Prime a separate franchise; the entire Phazon subplot has little to do with the rest of the series, and it could stand alone as a separate series altogether.

Back to Star Fox, the reason why I believe it to be first-party is because Nintendo developed SF64 and has only lately been handing the games off to the highest bidder. Also, I believe that SFCommand is being handled by Nintendo, thus removing the doubt.

kaid

Smash Master
Hal Labs is an example of a 2nd party. Krystal is First party, same as Diddy Kong, because Rare made her specificaly under the SF licence, which belongs to Nintendo

Krytha

Smash Journeyman
Although Krystal had a pretty negligible role in SFA (being trapped in a crystal... ugh... for 99% of the game) and multiplayer only capabilities in SFA... uh... Assault! (Its not my fault they have the same acronyms), I think she is a perfect character for SSBB. Everyone who is leaning towards a female fox clone... just no.

Her moveset is self-explanatory for anyone who played SFA. She wont use guns from assault - see comments on Snake not using guns - but her staff will give her everything she needs to be a mid-range speedster. She will be approximately half-way between Falco and Fox in terms of speed and height, but I think she should NOT have the shine. Her staff will afford her enough uniqueness and special abilities as is. I was also thinking that the ice move could be controlled vertically to a very slight degree (tilt up, down) freeze high damage opponents for split seconds and intercept projectile weapons. The earthshockwave would move from the inside out.

People are also forgetting that Krystal has psychic abilities, so if you want a confusion move like mewtwo's its reasonable. Her super could be to get all other players to fight each other and leave you alone.

Costumewise, the assault jumpsuit is more likely than the SFA bikini. Its just what she wears now. And its not like she threw the staff away once she got into an arwing, so its not out of place.

As far as placement goes, I would like Krystal to replace Falco in SSBB. Sure, Falco is top tier, but he is also boring. Wolf should be a Fox alt... theyre just too similar to each other.

For future games, the X button should change costumes and the Y button should change colours.

Fox's voice was fine in adventures. He isn't supposed to be freakin Barry White. I like both Assault and adventures fox - adventures being the young, confident and brash, assault being the older, cooler more experienced fox. Assault fox did look dumber than adventures fox.

Nightowl

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YiffyWolfen
I'm expecting a lot of hot staff action from one hot fox.

Come on, she's hot... can't deny that.

fluffy

Smash Champion
Nightowl said:
I'm expecting a lot of hot staff action from one hot fox.

Come on, she's hot... can't deny that.
im pretty embarrassed...but i think shes pretty hot too..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom