• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Video Archive

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
You can start by not blindly throwing out moves.

And stop using Fair and use Bair. Fair is for kills, not spam.

Rollout isn't used for anything other than techchasing and times when you are sure to hit.

Stop rolling and get in the air.

Play against good people; facing newbs will only give you a false sense of accomplishment.

Don't just throw yourself on Falcon and expect to not get hit; keep out of his hitboxes and bait his approaches with retreating bairs

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
his jiggz isn't that bad, his grab game was really good for someone new to puff and he auto cancels with nair to punish the falcons jab spam. idk about the rolling though, for lulz maybe?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Thanks for the input! I appreciate it.

You can start by not blindly throwing out moves.

And stop using Fair and use Bair. Fair is for kills, not spam.
Yup, I'm working on that. I used to spam pound like crazy, I'm slowly getting used to her aerials.

Rollout isn't used for anything other than techchasing and times when you are sure to hit.

Stop rolling and get in the air.
Well, you're most likely right, but I get lots of KOs via rollout. I guess most people simply don't know how to fight Jiggs, it's actually easy to rollout, hit their shield 2 times, and hit them back when they assume the rollout is over.

Play against good people; facing newbs will only give you a false sense of accomplishment.

Don't just throw yourself on Falcon and expect to not get hit; keep out of his hitboxes and bait his approaches with retreating bairs
He doesn't main Captain Falcon, I'll be sure to post some other matches against his mains (Snake, Marth, ROB). I've never beaten his Snake with Jiggs, but I've won against Marth and ROB sometimes. Those matches take more than 3 minutes, so I haven't been able to save the replays. And, lol, it's kind of funny how I'm all offensive with Jiggs since I'm a really defensive Peach player.

his jiggz isn't that bad, his grab game was really good for someone new to puff and he auto cancels with nair to punish the falcons jab spam. idk about the rolling though, for lulz maybe?
I ahve to admit KOing Falcon's Usmash made me laugh.
Yikes, I seriously didn't think rollout was that bad, I even miss it when I play SSB64.

Thanks for the advice, it's really helpful ^^ I'll post and "update" on my Jiggs soon.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Yes they likely never fought jiggs. But you'll know how little it will be used against good players

J4pu

Smash Champion
jiggs is my favorite bottom tier character
it makes me sad that the OP hasnt been updated in almost a year and the last post was over a month ago.
come on jiggs mains step it up.
all 3 of you

Scabe

Successful Businessman

Framerate

Smash Lord
Pound gets beaten by shuttle loop 100% of the time, and even if you land it you can't follow up with anything. Actually if the MK is at low % he gets a free dair if you connect with a pound...

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
So, is it okay to keep using pound as long as it's not on MK's shield or something? I usually try to angle pound in different ways so it's not so predictable, even though I know I'm risking getting hit by an OoS attack.

I'm just confident in not getting too much damage if I get punished. Nado I almost have the timing down to attack with most of my moves and where to hit mostly.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Honestly you just have to play it by ear. Each MK plays differently so I can't guarantee what you'll be able to get away with as far as approaching is concerned. I've had MKs literally stand still and shuttle loop as soon as I throw a move at them. The only way to beat that is to air dodge behind them and hope they don't glide away, and if they don't hope they don't b-reversal shuttle loop again when you try to punish.

But i digress.

I approach with pound against MK a lot because it has such weird momentum. If he's just shielding make sure to mix it up; air dodge behind and grab or wait for the shield to get smaller and try to shield poke with dair. The great thing about the second option is the less times your dair hits, the less time they have to SDI out of a follow up grab or rest. Most of my dair-to-rest combos are from shield pokes.

Anyways, chances are if you pound into shield you're going to get hit, so DI away to avoid getting "comboed" unless you think he might shuttle loop OoS in which case obvious DI up or enjoy dying at 50%.

Lol wall of text. I'm tired. Long story short: yes use pound, just make sure to mix it up (obviously). If you can manage, pound and then shield at low %. Most of the time people either air dodge after getting hit by pound, in which case you can grab them when they land, or they use a fast attack (think MK's nair or dair) in which case you can shield grab them. As long as you get the shield out, worst case scenario they jump away and you're free to do whatever. Unless, of course, they read the shield and try to land fast and grab you (or god forbid wario's bite) but you can just spot dodge the grab. Not the bite though. You're getting hit by bite.

That wasn't short at all...

Here are some videos of me against Overswarm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCb38hLq-7I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz6UtTX1iwg

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Honestly you just have to play it by ear. Each MK plays differently so I can't guarantee what you'll be able to get away with as far as approaching is concerned. I've had MKs literally stand still and shuttle loop as soon as I throw a move at them. The only way to beat that is to air dodge behind them and hope they don't glide away, and if they don't hope they don't b-reversal shuttle loop again when you try to punish.
actually you can beat this with a b stick technique. basically when your dashing hit back on the b-stick and you will full-hop backwards through the mks shield, thus looking like a bair and putting you directly in front of the shuttle looping mk :D. i now b-stick vs mks xd. you can do it manually, but this way you don't have to think abut timing all the d-stck inputs and focus on what move to use next.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds like you're saying that b-sticking goes through the shuttle loop. I don't comprehend. Like an empty short hop before you reach MK or after you've past him?

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
its way faster than airdodging behind him and jiggz "backflip looks like a bair. Basically do this, wait for the sound of the up b or the dropping of the mk's shield in general and punish.

Framerate

Smash Lord
So bait the shuttle loop with an empty short hop, but do the cool turn around thingy?

I think I get it....?

Framerate

Smash Lord
I dunno, "boss" implies that there is an intention from the developers that the player might eventually best this "boss" character. I feel like MK is more akin to one of those fights at the beginning of a final fantasy game that you're supposed to lose. Sure you can stock up on potions and cast shell on your party, but no matter how many times you crit with your brawler there will always be that special move where he one-shots your entire party.

Although, I have won a couple of those kinds of fights before >:D

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Me vs an MK on Rainbow Cruise. Need tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvB3NdxM4Q
Stop using rollout, i'm fairly certain it lost you the match. From 3:24 until the end of the match you got too friendly with it and got punished a lot.

If you kept playing the way you did all match you would have won that last stock.

Also, rollout is a dangerous move to use on rainbow cruise with the whole "moving stage" thing.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I only used rollout to see if I could DI out of nado and hit nado in the right spot. Nado was only giving me 2-5% damage. I lost cause I messed up hitting nado.

Of course I won't use rollout in a serious match lol.

Framerate

Smash Lord
It's foolish to never use rollout in competitive play. Just don't overuse it. Like maybe once or twice a set.

Can't say the same about sing though...

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
I found a video that shows Jigglypuff attack canceling a shuttle loop attack. I'll ask Jigglymaster if I can create a link to the video.

Oh. Sorry for double post. But I think other jigglypuff users need this tip also.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
IRL you have a pretty decent Jiggs but you need to abuse Bair more and play more defensively. You went to aggro when you didn't need it (I'm thinking about the -abrupt- end of your first stock against Pit and the end of the game against Fox).

Patience, patience.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Dair to rest, while flashy, is pretty much unnecessary against wario when you could just dair to grab release rest. Don't try to beat bite either. Other than that, it was a really good video methinks. Don't forget that running attack kills a lot sooner than 177% hehe.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah, I'm a complete idiot when it comes to Bite. Even with my other characters I'll run right into it no matter how much time I have to react. I think Pound beats it though? Dash attack...I'll remember that. I do find I have a lot of troubles KO'ing as Jigglypuff, so thanks. I gotta remember u-tilt as well >_<

I'm a little obsessed with d-air -> Rest haha... Jiggs can't force an air release on Wario though btw.

Top Bottom