• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Akashi

Smash Lord
Idc, I agree he's OP to an extent, and I hate beating someone's character then getting trolled and get taken to a gay stage and get a pocket MK on a stupid stage LOL. Just I don't think anyone in IL/WI plays him to that level where he seems OP. No disrespect to them but ain't no one here close to M2K, Tyrant, Shugo, Anti, Dojo, or that level of play where he even seems close to being banned for being OP. IL/WI only has 3 MK mains (sorry DLA, you count when you do use him)
Just because we're not up to the caliber of top performance, does not mean the same results don't apply (sans a few players, like yourself, where extreme skill difference negates MU theorycraft). We still get cp'd, experience the same disadvantages, and cope with similar overcentralization, regarding pocket mks. Just saying :0

:phone:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Who uses pocket MK's that make it overcentralizing in IL/WI? I can name em all off my head. People who would probably use MK in tournament are Sago, Kennispam if he loses, DLA, Fatboy, and maybe Sponge. That's only 5 lol. Arty doesn't count if he ever goes MK :awesome: cause then he's just trolling. Also Diegoknight doesn't count either.

I mean idc if you guys ban MK, that's just my opinion on the situation, either way I'm gonna go, I'm gonna enjoy the time, nothing will change. Just saying I think MW of all places doesn't even really warrant the ban. We don't have players of that caliber, or even people that use MK to the point where it is overcentralization in the MW. SiiS didn't even have a MK in top 8. Overcentralization problems happen everywhere else other than MW (except MI)

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Who uses pocket MK's that make it overcentralizing in IL/WI? I can name em all off my head. People who would probably use MK in tournament are Sago, Kennispam if he loses, DLA, Fatboy, and maybe Sponge. That's only 5 lol. Arty doesn't count if he ever goes MK :awesome: cause then he's just trolling. Also Diegoknight doesn't count either.
Yosh Q.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I mean idc if you guys ban MK, that's just my opinion on the situation, either way I'm gonna go, I'm gonna enjoy the time, nothing will change. Just saying I think MW of all places doesn't even really warrant the ban. We don't have players of that caliber, or even people that use MK to the point where it is overcentralization in the MW. SiiS didn't even have a MK in top 8. Overcentralization problems happen everywhere else other than MW (except MI)
It is region dependent.

It would be hard to mandate a ban for certain areas and not for others, it's gotta be everyone or no one.

Though pretty much the MK ban does affect our region a lot less than other regions in the states, heck it wouldn't affect Europe as much or Japan. Still for the regions that wanted it, as well as those that don't have the same problem it seems, want him gone to a huge majority.

I would have beem fine with either outcome if either happened.

hunger!

Smash Champion
IMO sago's mk is better than shugos (i dont know why you had shugo in that list of dominatin' mk players)

and as i agree that our region isnt that mk dominant, its still better for the game to grow and blah blah blah blah. all that dumb shiits thats been said already thats the truth.

and i assume the 3 mk's you're talking about are Marshall,Sago,Yosh? (yes, in my eyes, yoshq mains mk along with luigi)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I played Shugo's MK in a MM at SiiS, it is up there with the top MK's. Like really smart, he played the Wolf MU better than any other MK I've ever played. Even though he's gay he's really good lmaoooooooooo

hunger!

Smash Champion
I played Shugo's MK in a MM at SiiS, it is up there with the top MK's. Like really smart, he played the Wolf MU better than any other MK I've ever played. Even though he's gay he's really good lmaoooooooooo
fair enough, kain but hey now, dont have to bring up the mans sexuality, ya jerk!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
@Bo - I've been maining Mario and ROB, and Kain gets 3 stocked by both :)

:phone:
Trololol.

I've had Akashi/Melinda pull a pocket MK on me before. Kappy had one for a while, Oro had one at a time, and even Kirk had one, though he never used him against me personally in tourney.

Just sayin, pocket MKs have existed in IL, they just usually don't stick around much.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Trololol.

I've had Akashi/Melinda pull a pocket MK on me before. Kappy had one for a while, Oro had one at a time, and even Kirk had one, though he never used him against me personally in tourney.

Just sayin, pocket MKs have existed in IL, they just usually don't stick around much.
I believe Meneil never beat you with MK in tourney (singles), but I have :]. No offense of course!

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Well I know she's used MK in tournament, because I remember her playing him at the original DBs. I don't remember if she's ever used him against me, but yeah.

And you jerk. :p

BioDG

Smash Ace
Legan I know you like to ruin doubles but...

...I mean hay whaddup man.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Meta Knight is the only good character in the game.
Everyone else is a bad character and you should feel ashamed to play such bad characters.

shrillbert

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight is the only good character in the game.
Everyone else is a bad character and you should feel ashamed to play such bad characters.
Of course he's the only good character, he's a powerhouse! That's why the people have decided he must be banned, who wants an easy battle?

sanchaz

Smash Lord
so with the new tier list and all with banned meta knight. any idea what the top 5 characters would be, kind a curious actually.

I'm going to guess the top 5 are going to be snake, diddy, marth, falco, maybe pikachu???

but with metaknight banned, I'm going to guess this will leave a HUGE variety of high tiers.

Any thoughts to the new possible tier list?

Top Bottom