• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Akashi

Smash Lord
I'm not TOing anything in the near future, but just a reminder to anyone that wants to step up, the CoD venue is free to use, and there are absolutely no date restrictions. I know a lot of people have been talking about wanting to TO/help TO a tourney (DLA/Akashi/etc..) Go for it guys!
If someone sets up a tourney I'll help TO, but I have no real motivation to set it up myself. Idk, we'll see of that changes anytime soon.

:phone:

Sago

Smash Lord
hey im starting a new job so my schedule is tenative but please just text me about tournaments you guys are trying to go to. ill usually atleast try. Michigan would be cool and maybe ohio? Iheard legan is going :D

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Anyone got advice about the megabus or something about it, vs me taking my car?

I'm trying to think if the megabus is worth it over my car in the long run.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
My advice: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_megabus-double-decker-bus-crash-bus-driver

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/14/two-more-lawsuits-filed-over-fatal-downstate-megabus-crash/

Megabus seems pretty shady. Based on my understanding, federal law requires a bus driver to inspect his vehicle prior to operating a bus. This inspection includes brakes, steering, and tires (with one of the major steps being tread wear and depth). The official statement from Megabus said the bus had been checked within the week, but busses are supposed to be checked daily. It's like question number 1 on the general knowledge test for a Class B CDL lol

I think if I did this at my new job I'd be terminated.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My advice: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_megabus-double-decker-bus-crash-bus-driver

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/08/14/two-more-lawsuits-filed-over-fatal-downstate-megabus-crash/

Megabus seems pretty shady. Based on my understanding, federal law requires a bus driver to inspect his vehicle prior to operating a bus. This inspection includes brakes, steering, and tires (with one of the major steps being tread wear and depth). The official statement from Megabus said the bus had been checked within the week, but busses are supposed to be checked daily. It's like question number 1 on the general knowledge test for a Class B CDL lol

I think if I did this at my new job I'd be terminated.
I can see that, even more so with what happened to Kain going to Whobo.

If I counted gas, it's cheaper overall, since it's under 100 for both ways I think. Where as my car would be a lot more.

Probably am doing it since I'd be driving solo if I drove.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
An awesome person told me to ask here for a ride to Retribution.

I'm currently at UChicago (Hyde Park area). I'm 100% willing to pub trans/walk to a more convenient place for pickup, if that's preferable to people.

clowsui

Smash Legend
hey im starting a new job so my schedule is tenative but please just text me about tournaments you guys are trying to go to. ill usually atleast try. Michigan would be cool and maybe ohio? Iheard legan is going :D
please tell me it isn't at bd's. chi and i worry about you sometimes

also delta <3 glad to see you're interested. were you looking for a teammate? i have a few potentially good ones :)

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Yo chi I still need a teammate too.

I don't think I'm gonna be able to randomly show up the venue and get a partner like Pink Fresh again.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I thought you guys moved from Chicago tho?

Delta arent you in NJ??
I'm from NJ.

HOWEVER, I got into the greatest University ever, University of Chicago, so I'll be living in the Hyde Park area for at least the next 4 years. At least during everything but summer.

And no, it's not the University of Illinois in Chicago. University of Chicago. We in there.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I'm from NJ.

HOWEVER, I got into the greatest University ever, University of Chicago, so I'll be living in the Hyde Park area for at least the next 4 years. At least during everything but summer.

And no, it's not the University of Illinois in Chicago. University of Chicago. We in there.
Delta I'm like right down the street from you.

Why havent we hung out?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I just don't want the gay guys hitting on me to go along with it lol.
Thats part of the trade off.
Some sacrifices must be made.

I'm a little afraid to go to boystown though, I was in McDonadls like two days ago and some random man asked me if I was a model and if he could have my # and I'm in the loop.

I might get snatched up or something in boys town

Or maybe I can get me a sugar daddy.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Other than the people who have expressed interest, is anyone else interested in going to OH on Oct 20th for the tournament?

Scythe, Arty, Kirk, Oro, Zwarm?

Hunger or WI crew?

Top Bottom