• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Soooo I think people need to start running tournaments besides just me and Kyle. We're pretty unreliable considering I work practically every day now and Kyle kinda disappeared, though he's probably just finishing up school and I shouldn't judge.

But yeah. I don't want this scene to die, so other people need to step it up so we can actually have more than one tournament a month, if even that.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'll try to find another venue and start hosting ****. But I'm not doing it alone.

Also if anyone here plays any instruments (bass, vocals, guitar, keyboard, cowbell, etc), then come on over and jam with Ook and me this friday afternoon. Doesn't matter if you suck, we're just having some fun.

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I didn't say I don't want to run stuff anymore, we're just not that reliable to keep running consistent tournaments. I still want to run stuff, but I don't even know if I have a Saturday I'd even be available this month or next month.

Akashi

Smash Lord
I'll try to find another venue and start hosting ****. But I'm not doing it alone.

Also if anyone here plays any instruments (bass, vocals, guitar, keyboard, cowbell, etc), then come on over and jam with Ook and me this friday afternoon. Doesn't matter if you suck, we're just having some fun.

I'll help t.o and whatnot :]

Arty

Smash Lord
Yah I do plan on going to the MI tourney.

Not sure if you guys have figured out any ride situations or not, but I definitely can't drive.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Damn arty the car's full already. Stop being in Poland while we make plans :(

If we can get a few more people to come with us (at least 8 total) I'll try to get my parents to lend me their car so we can take 2 cars to MI. I'd take mine but I don't really trust it on a 500 mile road trip.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Arty said he wanted to go since the beginning though, that's why he's supposed to team with Tech

Lmao IL is so fail at making trips.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I thought it was just Kain, myself, DLA and MJG? Can't Arty come along?

Then again people hate that ***** seat in the back of all my cars.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Keep me posted. Its for pre seeding purposes.

And yeah I'm still looking forward to teaming with Arty so he needs to show lol. He and Kain were like the first people to be "Yeah I'm coming". Lol

EDIT: You guys make MI look good at trip planning.

You should know bad that is. LMAO.

Arty

Smash Lord
I think Sago/Legan might be going too?

Sucks that I was in Warsaw while the planning was going on, but hopefully we can get a second car out to MI.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
We'll figure it out. If worst comes to worst then I guess I can take my car. Been driving it for more than a month now and haven't had any problems...though I'd need to get my brakes looked at beforehand.

Also I just got a really good idea for our PR from reading one of Seibrik's posts. He said that FL used to allow "PR matches" at tournaments between ranked players that don't get to play in bracket. These matches counted as legit tournament sets in regards to the PRs and apparently made ranking much easier/more accurate.

Maybe we can adopt something like that, especially for players like Ook, Quik, JJRockets, YoshQ, etc who may not be able to go to as many tournaments as they'd like to. My suggestion is that each ranked/HM player gets to challenge one person per tournament. The challenged player has every right to refuse if he doesn't want to play, and won't be penalized for doing so (in which case the challenger can choose someone else). This way it won't be a drag for people who don't really care about the PRs, or aren't in the mood to play another tournament match.

What do you guys think?

We'll figure it out. If worst comes to worst then I guess I can take my car. Been driving it for more than a month now and haven't had any problems...though I'd need to get my brakes looked at beforehand.

Also I just got a really good idea for our PR from reading one of Seibrik's posts. He said that FL used to allow "PR matches" at tournaments between ranked players that don't get to play in bracket. These matches counted as legit tournament sets in regards to the PRs and apparently made ranking much easier/more accurate.

Maybe we can adopt something like that, especially for players like Ook, Quik, JJRockets, YoshQ, etc who may not be able to go to as many tournaments as they'd like to. My suggestion is that each ranked/HM player gets to challenge one person per tournament. The challenged player has every right to refuse if he doesn't want to play, and won't be penalized for doing so (in which case the challenger can choose someone else). This way it won't be a drag for people who don't really care about the PRs, or aren't in the mood to play another tournament match.

What do you guys think?

it sounds good considering the lack of tourneys recently

Akashi

Smash Lord
I love the idea, Tom, especially the refusal of the challenge. I'm sure I can speak for the majority of us when there will be times where we'll either be too busy to play, or salty/distracted/upset/etc. My vote is a yes! Can you challenge anyone though?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yes IMO you should be able to challenge anyone. If they deserve to be above you then they should beat you anyways. And if you don't want to accept a challenge from someone below you because they're too low to make a big difference in your ranking, or if it's a bad MU for you or whatever, you can always just refuse.

Scythe

Smash Master
you should do a full ranking thingy like the 3s players in japan do. And just hold smashfests for it

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Justin are YOU asking your parents for a different car, or are you just pointing out that asking parents for a different car might help?

Use punctuation fool

Legan

Smash Lord
99% it's the latter

Shoots and latters

edit: dragon's dogma is pretty fun. does anyone have the 360 version? I'll use your pawn :). My tag is AkashiXI, and my pawn is Bugman.

me and sam got it, played it for a few days and got hella bored. The game blows, it doesnt get any cooler after the first 20 hours

Akashi

Smash Lord
me and sam got it, played it for a few days and got hella bored. The game blows, it doesnt get any cooler after the first 20 hours
Really? That sucks :/. I'm about 15hours in or so, level 25ish, and I'm still enjoying it. Is there more to explore outside the first 3 real towns (Gran Soren being the last), and is there more epic mini fights? So far I've only seen Ogres and Chimera's galore, it's getting pretty dull on that.

On a side-note, I hate how vague most quests are ~_~

Zwarm

Smash Hero
On vacation for a week and I probably won't have cell service at all, so see you guys in a week! We need to have a smashfest or something once I get back, I miss you guys

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Alright guys Mike's gone, time to have a week-long smash binge.

Top Bottom