• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Man I feel so stupid whenever I read anything football related. Free agencies? Drafts? Fantasy Football? At least I understand Fantasy Football... but I have NO clue what makes a good team. Maybe someday I'll learn xD
Good teams consist of good players.
Good teams maintain composure in clutch moments.
Good teams win games.
:yeahboi:

tyler123

Smash Apprentice
Anyone wanna get some online matches. How many MKs are usually in tournaments, I know there are probably a lot of Marths.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
Sago and Fatboy main MK. DLA, YoshQ and I use MK as secondaries. Everyone else's MK is free :yeahboi:

I know you're trolling but there it is anyways

:phone:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
So much salt against my Ganon :(

Not even joking... Ganon is by far my best character. It's just that he's so bad that I often do better with my secondaries. I don't know why you guys go on a vendetta against my Ganondorf every time the PRs come out.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yo real talk, DLA is right, but you never use him in tournament or win with him so it doesn't matter that he is your best.
I use him in tournament all the time lol. The majority of my matches are won with Ganondorf, but the majority of my ranked wins are with MK or someone else. It's debatable which criteria should be used to determine which order my :ganondorf::metaknight: goes in, but either way I'm sick of people calling me a MK main. It's pretty insulting honestly.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
More important matches that make you ranked in the first place should determine character usage. I can swag on scrubs with :zerosuitsamus: and :wolf: all day, but I only win important matches with :marth:

Edit: I'm still a :yoshi2: main then.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yo that's pretty insulting man and I think he is my best character so my PR should definitely say :yoshi2: :marth:

Edit: if Ganon is your most skilled character then you should be winning important matches with him.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
See that doesn't work because everyone knows your yoshi is garbz lol.

IDGAF what my PR spot says, that's why I don't complain if you guys decide :metaknight: should be before :ganondorf:. Just because :metaknight: is before :ganondorf: doesn't mean I'm a MK main.

Also, there's a difference between someone's most skilled character and their best character. The most skilled character is the character you have the most mastery over, and the best character is the character you win the most with. The two are usually the same, but when you get a huge ****ing viability gap (like between :ganondorf: and :metaknight:), you can win more with characters that you're worse with.

Also I don't know why you think I never win with Ganondorf... in this period alone I beat Trent at brainshock with Ganon (which makes it twice now), and I just beat Browny (best Lucario in AUS) with Ganon.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
So you have 2 legit wins with ganon, if you have 20 with MK in this season, what makes you think that you are a Ganon main? Wouldn't main clarify what character you use most when you need to win?

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Lol at beating Browny with Ganon. Good **** that guy gets on my nerves in the tier list thread.

Bout to go troll and say lucario should drop cause he loses to ganon :troll:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
So you have 2 legit wins with ganon, if you have 20 with MK in this season, what makes you think that you are a Ganon main? Wouldn't main clarify what character you use most when you need to win?
I don't even have close to 20 "legit" wins with MK this season lol. Maybe 4 or 5.

And no, your main is your most skilled character. Do you consider Taj to be a Marth main? Cuz he sure doesn't.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol at beating Browny with Ganon. Good **** that guy gets on my nerves in the tier list thread.

Bout to go troll and say lucario should drop cause he loses to ganon :troll:
Lol don't man, he travelled all the way from australia to california for a smash tournament, and he didn't make it out of first round pools because he lost to a ganon. I love aussies, don't scare away the only one that goes to our tournaments :(

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Lol don't man, he travelled all the way from australia to california for a smash tournament, and he didn't make it out of first round pools because he lost to a ganon. I love aussies, don't scare away the only one that goes to our tournaments :(
FFFFFFFF ok

Akashi

Smash Lord
So much salt against my Ganon :(

Not even joking... Ganon is by far my best character. It's just that he's so bad that I often do better with my secondaries. I don't know why you guys go on a vendetta against my Ganondorf every time the PRs come out.
I'm not going to read through the other comments, but MK is considered your main because you use him against top players. Winning your hardest matches with MK = MK being your main. I know your Ganon is good, and I respect you for getting so good with him. I don't mean any disrespect or salt when I consider you a MK main

Akashi

Smash Lord
Also it's not your main in a literal sense. Your main can be anyone you want it to be. When it comes to the business aspect of PRs, discussions on your performance, how you cover most MUs, you'll be judged by MK though, not Ganon. That's how people will see it. So what I'm saying is... I will agree with you that Ganon will always be your main, and that it's your most skilled character, but logically you will be considered a MK main

edit: once again, not to mean any disrespect... *bro fist*

Top Bottom