• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Zozefup

Smash Lord
No just no....ALL you do is plank and tornado even if ur losing or even if its not effective. Once that strategy is shut down ur basically done for. Learn your character all the way thru. Thats what he meant by all u do is gimmicky stuff. Also lol at u being the best in IL
You play wolf. Of course I'm going to spam tornado.

It's nice and all that you beat Joker, Zeton, and Affinity; they are very good players. But your not going to beat a campy tornado spamming MK (me) with wolf. The games we played were on a laggy TV. I don't play Wifi, so lag freaks me out. Without lag, you will eat a SL OOS everytime you bair near me.

Your one of the best wolf's in the nation, but you still need a secondary if you want to beat spamming MKs.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
U stay up to late
no u. =P

It's nice and all that you beat Joker, Zeton, and Affinity; they are very good players. But your not going to beat a campy tornado spamming MK (me) with wolf. The games we played were on a laggy TV. I don't play Wifi, so lag freaks me out. Without lag, you will eat a SL OOS everytime you bair near me.

Your one of the best wolf's in the nation, but you still need a secondary if you want to beat spamming MKs.
haha, I love how you always ignore my posts, but whatever, I'll let Kain handle this one.

_Kain_

Smash Champion

Dood it was a friendly n people were trying to leave the house cause they had to go yet u were still plankin me hard i was going off the stage to try to stage spike u....like i said try that Tornado spam on me in tourny ill do u jus like i did Rob Gambino. Wolf Camp+Shine> Tornado. Get your facts straight Tornado is hardly the reason why the MU is hard Wolf punishes it easy. Wolf only eats a SL OOS if he full hops bair. Tell me something I don't know. If your really confident next time were at the same place jus MM for w/e amount your confident in putting up.

Now if you actually incorporate all of MK's adv LOL not jus nado THEN its a bad MU for wolf. Nado won't get you nowhere if dats all ur gonna rely on

Zozefup

Smash Lord
haha, I love how you always ignore my posts, but whatever, I'll let Kain handle this one.
Because I never know what your talking about lol.

lolwut?

This game is the most basic of the basic, if you can't win playing Brawl as gay as possible with the best character, there's no way you're ever gonna be the best at anything. Seriously.
like... what do you even mean by this?

-Brawl is not a "basic" game. Explain.
-Many MKs play as gay as possible, but no MK has won a national tournament in over a year. Maybe you could show us how to win a tournament with MK by playing gay? It should be hard for you if the game is so basic.
-What does not being the best brawl player have to do with anything besides brawl? I'm the Illinois State Checker Champion, but I'm not the best at brawl.

Seriously. What are you talking about?

like i said try that Tornado spam on me in tourny ill do u jus like i did Rob Gambino. Wolf Camp+Shine> Tornado
Nah. Tornado>Wolf. It's seriously all you need in that match up.

Rob Gambino had never played against wolf in his life. I don't think he has ever even playing against the computer wolf. And he still managed to take a game off of you.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Rob Gambino had never played against wolf in his life. I don't think he has ever even playing against the computer wolf. And he still managed to take a game off of you.
Yea because its RC with MK vs Wolf where i SD....too bad the first one he lost handily then last one he got 3 stocked. You both play the same sooooooooo.....

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Yea because its RC with MK vs Wolf where i SD....too bad the first one he lost handily then last one he got 3 stocked. You both play the same sooooooooo.....

We play similar because I am the only person Rob ever plays against lol. He Dair camps in almost every match up and I never Dair camp. I SL out of shield; he never SLs out of shield. I play mostly on the ground; he stays in the air.

I have a lot more match up experience than him too because he doesn't travel. When I learn a match up, I just tell him about it in person. Rob seriously has less than 50 hours of Brawl game play.

He is just good because he played melee and understands spacing and mindgames.

My G&W, Snake, and Lucario all go pretty even with him. But that's mainly because I know his play style.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
looks interesting, i'll go if I get transportation (cough DLA!)

and of course i'll try my hand at convincing people to go (i'm looking at you quik, everyone else goes oos at least occasionally)

Arty

Smash Lord
Everyone go to Don't Blink! It's less than $20 to enter all 4 tournies. (Brawl Singles, Doubles, Brawl+, and Brawl-)!! The venue is an arcade so you can play some other awesome games too! And there's food places everywhere!

Moozle

Smash Champion
I live like 5 minutes or less away from the Don't Blink tourney :p I don't know If I'll even be able to go though since I might be out of town visiting my brother.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
like... what do you even mean by this?

-Brawl is not a "basic" game. Explain.
-Many MKs play as gay as possible, but no MK has won a national tournament in over a year. Maybe you could show us how to win a tournament with MK by playing gay? It should be hard for you if the game is so basic.
-What does not being the best brawl player have to do with anything besides brawl? I'm the Illinois State Checker Champion, but I'm not the best at brawl.

Seriously. What are you talking about?
Compared to other fighting games that are still played competitively, it's a really basic game in terms of combos and stuff like that. Sure, there's DI and other things that people need to learn, but I think learning strings of combos in other fighters is a lot harder than learning a character in Brawl.

Playing gay the way you play with MK will not win you anything, nor me. Playing gay, but actually being smart about it actually gets people somewhere. Camping and using nado can only get someone so far. I also have no intention of playing MK, I love the character, but I despise him in this game. I'd go straight Ganondorf in a national than MK, so no thanks.

Although I know you were massively trolling, you said you were the best in IL, and you want to be the best in the world. I said, if you can't win with the most broken character in a very simple fighting game, you won't be the best at anything. I meant other competitive fighting games, not checkers. >_>

I know you didn't say you wanted to be the best at anything else, but I was just trying to make a point. Plus, I was tired, so yea. I'm also tired now, so I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't understand this either.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I can not attend anything because I have NO money. NONE. Zip, nada, zilch. My life savings in the bank is dried up, no luck in jobs either. Always had it as barely a backup, now it's done.

Also my crying face will never change. ;_; ;_; ;_;
I may QQ once in a blue moon though, because I actually say "kyoo kyoo" irl (aka "eye arr ell").

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Although I know you were massively trolling, you said you were the best in IL, and you want to be the best in the world.
I think I would win an IL only tournament. But the top players can beat more out of state players than me.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
???

IL doesn't really get much MK practice. There are no MK in IL. They get to play Judge, Wafles, and Sago occasionally, but those MKs don't play anything like me. And no one in IL has a 50/50 against MK. Arty's Falco does, but it's not 50/50 if planking is allowed. Wario was recently changed to 40/60 MK advantage. And everyone else on the list gets hard countered by MK (DDD, ICs, Wolf, Gannon, DK). Especially with planking/scrooging allowed.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I can already see the match - both combatants have 3 stocks.

Zozefup: 10% from a slight mishap.
His opponent: 465% from Tornado

And then the timer runs out. I can't wait to see that in Grand Finals! :D

_Kain_

Smash Champion
???

IL doesn't really get much MK practice. There are no MK in IL. They get to play Judge, Wafles, and Sago occasionally, but those MKs don't play anything like me.
Please never ever assume ur mk will do better than Judge's....ever again. He's one of the best, top 5 in my opinion.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
lol, if my MK was 1/10th as good as Judge then I would still easily beat everyone in IL. I've played against Judge at a lot of tournaments.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Zose I have played Arty/Quik/Akashi/Ook with my MK. The fact is that they all know the matchup. Saying you are going to win because you have a 60/40 matchup over a better player than yourself is absurd. I see Ook win 90-10 matchups with DK. If you are really that good, then prove it.
1) Get on some power ranking or show some tourney results by beating these players.
2) Show how simply planking and scrooging can win against these players with MK.
3) Prove that a miniscule matchup advantage can make the matchup unwinnable so everybody can just pick MK and plank and Scrooge each other all day.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I play wifi a lot so i have plenty of practice timing out campy MKs. I want to play you so bad Zoze

Top Bottom