• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Just imagine, at the beginning of the match during the intro, Kappy is just shifting his weight from one foot to the other, then a chair comes from nowhere(the sky, off the screen, from the ground). Looking relieved Kappy takes a seat and starts tapping his foot or curling his toes, whatever he does. He most likely utters a LOL! in there somewhere, or says something about asthma.

How can Jared and Kenni ruin something in like 2 posts?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Ignore them and keep making people into MUGEN characters. The next PR should be MUGEN characters of everyone on the PR. I'm sure we can have a blast thinking up Arty's and I'm sure Xyless would have loads of fun drawing everyone.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah, but the way Klappy would say it would be stating something obvious. Like when you went for that spike with Marth, he said "It would've been awesome if that spike hit!" So with my sentence, it's like he's already planning on losing, but he thinks it would be cool if he won.

Silly Tano, thinking Klappy could win a fight with a wheel-less chair.

Plus, "wouldn't it be cool if I would win?" sounds a bit redundant. It would have made more sense if you made it "wouldn't it be cool if I win?", which I was gonna change it to originally, but settled on won.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Zwarm said:
So with my sentence, it's like he's already planning on losing, but he thinks it would be cool if he won.
How am I supposed to know that? <.< I guess yours makes sense, but only if the reader previously knows Kappy's speech pattern. Regardless, mine was originally acceptable, so that's all that matters to me :). The would is redundant though, I agree (still doesn't make it grammatically wrong though!)

I'M DONE BEING A GRAMMAR NAZI >: O

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Fan made Chrono Trigger game that supposed to act like a sequel to the real canon ending of Chrono Trigger. It was stopped in production a couple of years ago because Square-Enix was going to press charges if the guy kept making it (probably because the game looked good, Square wouldn't have given two ****s if the game looked like trash). But supposedly, he finished the game and someone leaked it. It looks crazy good.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Just thought I'd clear something up...

"Wouldn't it be cool if [I'd/I would] win?" is correct, if he hasn't played the match yet.

"Wouldn't it be cool if I had won?" would be correct if he lost and is looking back on the match.

"Wouldn't it be cool if I won?" is incorrect, because he changed the tense.

Sooooo... Tano was right the first time. You get a silver star next time I see you :)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Zwarm, please bring AH3 to MAS! You guys are hyping it up too much, I NEED to try it!
I'll probably have it, I think Webster said he would have it there too though, so we'll see.

Just thought I'd clear something up...

"Wouldn't it be cool if [I'd/I would] win?" is correct, if he hasn't played the match yet.

"Wouldn't it be cool if I had won?" would be correct if he lost and is looking back on the match.

"Wouldn't it be cool if I won?" is incorrect, because he changed the tense.

Sooooo... Tano was right the first time. You get a silver star next time I see you :)
I already explained my reasoning for changing it, but thanks for clearing that up, I guess. :p

I don't even care for the little girls, it's the limited movesets that have me slightly concerned so far.
I don't understand what you mean by limited movesets, there's more attacks than both Brawl and Blazblue for each character, and a lot more than each character in SF.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I just want you all to know that I love each and every one of you. LOL

Top Bottom