• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure if they follow the activity rules , there will only be 5 truly good people on the list

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Let's wait until after Brainshock. I have a feeling IL is gonna rip that tourney up

Zozefup

Smash Lord
The next IL PR should include all tournaments from the last 2 years to cut down on the number on inactives :p

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Nice to know Infern loves IL :p seeing him pop in every so often.

I feel ya Zwarm I would too cept I don't place as well... and yeah I play pit .-.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Actually that's a good point.

Sothe just... doesn't get it.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I'm looking into a few venues for upcoming tourneys but I would like some feedback from you guys before i confirm anything with them.

One Venue is on the Southwest side of Chicago by Marquette Park (google it). The only thing is they run Super Street Fighter 4 tourneys there as monthlies, but they start at 6pm, so they want someone to fill in their 11AM-6PM time slot. So I can run Brawl there if you guys want. They charge $10 venue and offer 6TVs. Now I know this is not a lot of time, but that is why i am posting this first.

Another venue is at an Arcade and they normally charge $15 for the venue, but is because they put all of their Arcades on free play. now If you want I can negotiate with them for a $10 fee and still give everyone all day free play at their arcade. They have 2 back rooms, I can use of them to run Brawl, while the other can either be used by them for other parties or we can potentially get both rooms. I can get them to lower the venue to $10 if I can guarantee him a solid turn out. But like I said these are just some options I have.

If neither of these sound good, that is fine, these are just some suggestions I have. I am letting you guys know ahead of time, so I can see if I should pursue them or just look for other options. Any feed back will be helpful! ^_^

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm looking into a few venues for upcoming tourneys but I would like some feedback from you guys before i confirm anything with them.

One Venue is on the Southwest side of Chicago by Marquette Park (google it). The only thing is they run Super Street Fighter 4 tourneys there as monthlies, but they start at 6pm, so they want someone to fill in their 11AM-6PM time slot. So I can run Brawl there if you guys want. They charge $10 venue and offer 6TVs. Now I know this is not a lot of time, but that is why i am posting this first.

Another venue is at an Arcade and they normally charge $15 for the venue, but is because they put all of their Arcades on free play. now If you want I can negotiate with them for a $10 fee and still give everyone all day free play at their arcade. They have 2 back rooms, I can use of them to run Brawl, while the other can either be used by them for other parties or we can potentially get both rooms. I can get them to lower the venue to $10 if I can guarantee him a solid turn out. But like I said these are just some options I have.

If neither of these sound good, that is fine, these are just some suggestions I have. I am letting you guys know ahead of time, so I can see if I should pursue them or just look for other options. Any feed back will be helpful! ^_^
Even $10 is really steep for a venue fee... I personally don't remember the last time I've paid a venue fee, since I bring my setup everywhere. Would we get venue fee waived if we bring a full setup?

I'm very crunched for money right now (as are a lot of us, from the sounds of it). I doubt I'd be able to go if I had to pay a $10 venue fee, because $10 equals another tournament for me. And I currently have... $2.

We appreciate that you're looking though.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
DLA I completely understand. And that is what i was talking about to some of my friends when I told them about the possible venue and they all brought up to me the Venue fee. Because it also concerned me. Even if I get the venue fee waived for been TO, the friends I bring with me who donate set ups will second think about that if they do not get their venue fee waived and there goes my set ups. So I know that point.

I really just wanted to post this to see how everyone feels before i decide on anything. None of these are set in stone and like I said I can negotiate and see what i can do. I would really like to do something around the $5 range for Venue fee or at least get the venue fee waived if people bring full set ups. i will see what i can get. if they say no, I'll just decline the offer.

If I do another tourney, it won't be until December since I plan to go to Brainshock in Iowa at the end of November, so really any tourney for me in November to do just won't happen realistically until December. This is just on my behalf. ^_^

P.S. Sothe quit been scared! I didn't say Southeast Chicago..... =p

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace

I wouldn't mind either really (Marquette Park is ~ an hour closer to Springfield), not a bad tradeoff for a $10 venue fee

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Next tournament. Just you wait. Gonna be number 1.
I hate Olimar sooooooo much. <3 you though.
It just seems that way because Sothe posted 3 times on this page.
OMG LOL!

DK I am looking for a venue too, but it is further west in the burbs. If we both get something going, we should work out dates. As for those venues, ditto on the venue fee feelings. Time constraints have been worked around before, money is just the biggest issue unless you are Arty/Kain.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
**** you Oro! I wanted that 6,666th post! Although according to the Poopchat board, this is actually the 6,666th post because it started at 1 in here. So I kinda win?

We need to get more tournaments going around here. I know Ashley and I were planning on hosting one in the near future, but it's still in the early stages. We probably have a venue already though! We just gotta figure out a date and other stuff... yeah.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Madness. Hosting tournaments is serious business. It cannot be done in such a manner. No drinks for zombieswarm.

And holy **** go to sleep already.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I went to sleep early last night...first time in a long time, like 10:30. And then I realized my body is ****ing ********...and I woke up at 3:30am...

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Kirk, we get the same amount of sleep every night, my body is just even more ******** and decides sometimes 6AM is a good time to sleep, and other times, 6PM sounds like a plan. :awesome:

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I tend to get 10-12 hours of sleep most nights. I dunno whats wrong with me. My record is 30 hours of sleep straight. But that was in like 4th grade :/

Kirk

Smash Champion
Sothe I hate you.

Zoze, I guess I can hate you too? But I don't see you as much.

Sponge, olimar is awesome.

I cried watching clannad.

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm scared of Miguel venues......

AND ANYONE WANT TO MM ME IN F-ZERO GX AT KIRK'S?!

if so i'll bring it

Kirk

Smash Champion
Always taking stepmania MMs.

And blazblue...tager dittos.

And duelist...I haven't played that in forever.

And dubs. Me and kyle. Let's goooo.

Top Bottom