• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
ahhhh ok @ quik. I just wasn't sure if they were there or not then I take away my statement. I just wasn't sure if they were there or not. (I only glanced at brackets so.. ifail)

So my apologies =) <3

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Congrats to Ook and Akashi for going up one spot. Congrats to Green Beast for coming out of nowhere and getting PRed. **** Olimars are taking over now D: Also congrats are in order to JJRockets for making the PR. I dont know you but good **** anyway :D

Quik! Take back that top 3 spot!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Kain, we're all probably just going to sleep at Kirk's and leave in the morning since his smashfest is on Friday night.

I still don't see why you wouldn't do the same. :/

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Kain, we're all probably just going to sleep at Kirk's and leave in the morning since his smashfest is on Friday night.

I still don't see why you wouldn't do the same. :/
I have stuff to do tomorrow @_@

Akashi

Smash Lord
Woot, new list! Yayayay.

To answer a few questions:

Tetsion said:
I kinda don't agree with list at least with certain people. I haven't seen 7f0, ripple, chewwy, and although I bet they are good isn't it if they are inactive for like two tournaments.. they aren't ranked or w/e? "Confused"

I think Meneil and DLA deserve a spot (I mean they participate regularly after all) so I would think it would make most sense.
7FO being on 10th because he's beaten a few good people, ripple/chewwy because they're amazing, yet inactive players (Chewwy scoring wins against Legan, Shugo, and the like. Ripple against Crash, FAE, and Ctx). Meneil hasn't beaten anyone really noticeable, but has gone even/almost won a few sets against a lot of great players. Also she's tourney consistent, so she goes on HM for her overall placing(s).

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'd honestly put a "?" also for me ATM. DK for singles 2/3 times but I use a lot of other characters in singles now. falco, sheik, fox,

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Woot, new list! Yayayay.

7FO being on 10th because he's beaten a few good people, ripple/chewwy because they're amazing, yet inactive players (Chewwy scoring wins against Legan, Shugo, and the like. Ripple against Crash, FAE, and Ctx). Meneil hasn't beaten anyone really noticeable, but has gone even/almost won a few sets against a lot of great players. Also she's tourney consistent, so she goes on HM for her overall placing(s).
thx for explaining akashi. I am like I said earlier (before my opinion) a scrub, and i dont check smashboards as often as I should so sometimes i miss tournys or dont go and i miss these people no diss to them though.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
everyone who mains sheik always wants to ditto me when they find this out.... they get wrecked right after words
$10 says the top 5 Sheiks in the US can beat you in dittoes. Too bad you won't get a chance to play all of them though.

tl;dr the sheiks you played were obviously scrubs

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm not going to rage right now because I'm kind of inebriated... but wtf. I'm pretty confused right now. Here's the list of upsets I've had:

-Marshall (!)
-Ook (!)
-7FO
-YoshQ
-Bo x7 (x2?)

(I'm almost positive I beat Bo twice. Once at Touhou and once at Evolution)

Also, a few points:

How is 7FO higher than me? He went to two tournaments, and I placed higher than him in both of them. In one tournament, I actually eliminated him. In the other, I eliminated the person who eliminated him lmao.

How is Ripple higher than me? He got 2nd at that MO tournament, but he had an easy bracket. The only notable person he beat was FAE, who he also lost to at that tournament (edit: forgot about crash... but my point still stands). He didn't have any upsets at MLG... he almost beat some really good players, but if I remember, "almost" doesn't count. And the third tournament, he lost to 7FO in losers, who I ended up beating a few rounds later.

How is JJRockets higher than me? The only notable players he beat were Ook (who I beat) and Grimace (who is pretty much as good as Marshall, who I beat). He only went to two tournaments, and in one of them, he lost to YoshQ twice (who I beat).

I can make similar points about Chewwy and Green Beast but I think I've made my point. I'm too lazy and tired to type out other stuff too.

I'm really tired and otherwise incapacitated so I'm just gonna go to bed. I'm pretty sure you guys are just trolling me anyways.

Either way, not cool guys

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Ok so seriously wut time r we leaving on Saturday? N is neone still gonna b in Chicago dat day meetin up in the morning?

ook

Smash Lord
It takes 5 hours (4 + 1 hour time zone) to get to indianapolis from kirks, and the tourney begins at 11:15. So we should probably leave no later than 5:30 AM.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
My guess is that we're leaving around 6 Saturday morning. Registration starts at 10 and ends at 11:15, and it's about a 4 hour drive or so, so yeah.

Edit: Oh, ninja'd by Ook, and I didn't remember about the time change, so yeah, listen to him. XD

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
YEAH OMG. I beat box 2x too! and Lain! (in friendlies) I SHUD BEE FURZT lUl

(trolling)

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I'd honestly put a "?" also for me ATM. DK for singles 2/3 times but I use a lot of other characters in singles now. falco, sheik, fox,
Don't listen to this guy... his only two good characters are DK and Fox.

(maybe Zelda because of that one time you played M2K)
Woot, new list! Yayayay.

<3's

For anyone wondering:
1-3 :: seemed like a consensus decision
4-6 :: debated a bit...
Akashi was consistently a strong placer for the whole period
chewyy had a few impressive wins, but low activity
Quik is Arty playing Wario (& arty is da bess
, for now
)
7-10 kinda fell into place after 4-6

:\ I wanna be at ISA so **** bad

Quik17

Smash Ace
Well you had to make up for the $5 that you lost for Arty!
haha I woulda lost a lot more too but Arty didn't wanna go any higher.

I was like "no ****ing way DLA is gonna take this seriously, I'll bet any amount"

karma i guess for my DDD performance LOL

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
We're all being f***ing trolled.

I'll be arriving at Kirk's later since I'll be seeing a movie first. Since I'm arriving late Arty won't be driving me there so I'll be taking the Metra. Somebody should pick me up from the train station. *looks at Zwarm*

hunger!

Smash Champion
This PR is clearly destroying the Illinois community. Right, Hunger?
rofl. IL also has more than like 7 active players and has a community and tournaments while we dont have either.

and i never implied PR's ruined communities at all. It's just simply not needed in WI for the reason i just listed ^^

Quik -3 makes me sad...

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm pretty sure you guys are just trolling me anyways.
Read the quote *****es. Also when I said I'm "inebriated", it meant I'm high. I'm HELLA paranoid right now, stop hating on me you scrubs

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Question: How come IL/WI don't make a joint PR like KY/IN since it seems like WI comes out to a lot of IL tournaments. It would solve the problem of there only being like 7 active/PR worthy players for WI and would give more competition for both sides. Of course I'm a Michigan scrub so I dont know exactly what's up with you guys' scene. I just <3 you guys is all.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
How is JJRockets higher than me? The only notable players he beat were Ook (who I beat) and Grimace (who is pretty much as good as Marshall, who I beat). He only went to two tournaments, and in one of them, he lost to YoshQ twice (who I beat).
I beat YoshQ at DB5 actually... just saing.

Oro: I would MM you, but I acutally can't make it to Kirk's today :(

hunger!

Smash Champion
Question: How come IL/WI don't make a joint PR like KY/IN since it seems like WI comes out to a lot of IL tournaments. It would solve the problem of there only being like 7 active/PR worthy players for WI and would give more competition for both sides. Of course I'm a Michigan scrub so I dont know exactly what's up with you guys' scene. I just <3 you guys is all.
only like 3 ppl care about a PR in WI. theres no need for it Tech. simple as that.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
I'm not going to rage right now because I'm kind of inebriated... but wtf. I'm pretty confused right now. Here's the list of upsets I've had:

-Marshall (!)
-Ook (!)
-7FO
-YoshQ
-Bo x7 (x2?)

(I'm almost positive I beat Bo twice. Once at Touhou and once at Evolution)
YEAH OMG. I beat box 2x too! and Lain! (in friendlies) I SHUD BEE FURZT lUl
I don't understand, beating me means nothing. I'm terrible, lol.

Top Bottom