• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I read this manga back when I was really young (like 11~12 or something), and that was when my mind was pure. I didn't care about the panty shots.. I didn't care about Keitaro being thrown into awkward positions and then accused for doing nothing... I don't care about the implied lesbian scenarios with the girls... all I cared about was Keitaro getting Naru in the end. :(

NEVER EVER EVER WATCH THE ANIME JAYMAN, THEY DESTROYED EVERYTHING THAT WAS GOOD IN THE MANGA
I just finished reading it 5 minutes ago. The ending was beautiful and had me in tears. :,)
It's now my favorite manga I've read.

Why is the anime so bad?

Akashi

Smash Lord
I just finished reading it 5 minutes ago. The ending was beautiful and had me in tears. :,)
It's now my favorite manga I've read.

Why is the anime so bad?
The main arcs are side-quests in the manga (like when they go to that beach place and naru/other girls have leaves for swimming suits lol), they add characters that are TERRIBLE, and overall it doesn't have the same feel as the manga. I.e: Keitaro loves every girl in the anime, not just Naru. It's just bad... but I guess since you read the manga you won't be tainted by watching the anime now. Just be cautious<.<

Arty

Smash Lord
ummm when is the next update ?
It'll be updated sometime next week.

If Arty is going, then I'm not. If he isn't, I am. :colorful:
:(

Hey... so I left my Melee disc at Kirk's place during his last Smashfest and I still haven't been able to reach him. Can you guys help me reach him and tell him to call me about when I can go get it? My number is 847-800-1029 (he has it, but just for future reference I guess).
I'll tell him about this tomorrow, although I'm surprised you haven't been able to reach him.

Dajayman

The anime's bad because you have to pause it if you want to look at the pictures longer.
I love you Ook. <3

What other mangas do you suggest I read Tano? I know you're going to at least suggest One Piece, which I think looks interesting. :lick:
I don't care what genre they are, as long as they're entertaining. I'm sort of an old skool anime/manga person (my older bro got me into some anime when I was 11 or 12). I liked Love Hina, Ranma 1/2, Full Metal Panic, and then all the old [AS] animes like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, FLCL etc. But I'm not to fond of annoying series like Inuyasha, Bleach, or Naruto which all have 200+ episodes, most of which are dumb fillers.

Arty, can you give me a ride to Cyber Arena? :colorful:

Akashi

Smash Lord
I love you Ook. <3

What other mangas do you suggest I read Tano? I know you're going to at least suggest One Piece, which I think looks interesting. :lick:
I don't care what genre they are, as long as they're entertaining. I'm sort of an old skool anime/manga person (my older bro got me into some anime when I was 11 or 12). I liked Love Hina, Ranma 1/2, Full Metal Panic, and then all the old [AS] animes like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, FLCL etc. But I'm not to fond of annoying series like Inuyasha, Bleach, or Naruto which all have 200+ episodes, most of which are dumb fillers.

Arty, can you give me a ride to Cyber Arena? :colorful:
Well, first off if you liked Love Hina I suggest you check out Negima. It's from the same artist as LH, and the stories are constructed in a similar way. Most of the Shonen Jump mangas are pretty good... Prince of Tennis, Naruto, One Piece, *gags* Bleach *gags* (not my favorite). Um... I know of a weird manga in which a guy cross-dresses as a girl and falls in love with his childhood friend, it's called No Bra LOL <_<; my brother reads it (he's gay) and idk if you're into that... I'm only suggesting it because you liked Gaga when she was thought of as a he xD. What else... Fate Stay Night, Onegai Twins, Onegai Teacher, and a few others.

tl;dr:

-One Piece
-Prince of Tennis
-Negima (creator of Love Hina)
-Naruto
-No Bra
-Bleach
-Fate Stay Night
-Onegai Twins. Also known as Please Twins
-Onegai Teacher. Also known as Please Teacher

just to name a few

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Bleach doesn't exist after the first Arc Tano... what are you talking about.
Naruto gets really good after Shippuden.
<3 the Fullmetal Alchemist series.
Parasyte was an interesting Manga.
Gantz
Code Geass(I like the anime more though imo!)
oldskool=Berserk

Dajayman

There's nothing wrong with a man dressing up as a woman, but if a woman dressed up as a man I would not approve.

And LADY Gaga is a lady!!!

Thanks for the suggestions! <3

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I can probably drive tomorrow... it would be nice if you guys can show up at my house though so I don't have to drive all over the place picking you bums up

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I can probably drive tomorrow... it would be nice if you guys can show up at my house though so I don't have to drive all over the place picking you bums up
If i were too meet u at the place wud u b able to bring me back to the city since ur most likely gonna b takin ppl there or no?

Arty

Smash Lord
Barnes, I'm teaming with Diego! You should still go! :colorful:

Kain and Jared, meet me at the Harlem/Higgins Blue Line Stop and I'll take you guys to DLAs.
I'll let you guys know what time tomorrow.

I can also take you guys back.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Barnes, I'm teaming with Diego! You should still go! :colorful:

Kain and Jared, meet me at the Harlem/Higgins Blue Line Stop and I'll take you guys to DLAs.
I'll let you guys know what time tomorrow.

I can also take you guys back.
Alrite thanks :bee: also who wants to team?

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
I kinda need a team mate too~ x3 ( I am 100% going to chompy's tourney) (maybe)

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Kain let's team :p since no one else seems interested :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

(JK, unless you want to)

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Awesome!

I guess I don't count then, DLA? :(
I was joking lol... since like 4 people in a row said they needed a teammate and/or asked Kain to team with them.

As always... I'll team with whoever pays my doubles entry fee lololol. Because it usually works :p

Dajayman

I can afford to actually enter a tournament!!! <3
I haven't entered anything since Hot Dickings, besides those silly $1 things Kirk has at his place. :lick:

Anyways I'm down for entering doubles, I needs a partner.

Quik17

Smash Ace
yay I managed to switch shifts with someone so I can go to cyber arena

Team with me DLA! and I'm not paying your entry fee rofl

Wario + MK is too good

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Brawl doubles is only $5 per person; everyone better enter!!

Hey look I used a semi colon in a sentence

;

:colorful:
LOL, I just found out how to use a semi colon in my last year of high school, and I swear that I pay attention >_< Teachers of America suck.

Top Bottom