• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers' Video Thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ripple Ive played you in 3 sets, two being 2-0 and one being 3-1. You beat me in a mm that same tournament those vids are from though my controller was broken(johns) lol.

2-DJeff

Smash Master

Roller

Smash Legend
You got some lucky gimps on the diddy. Try to incorporate banana desynchs into your game. Also work on the cg, cause you ****ed up on it a lot.

I'm going to just chalk the random upB at the start of the wario game up to the fact that it was a friendly. If there is one thing Lain has taught me about the wario mu though is that pivot grab is your best friend. You can pivotgrab him out of all those aerial approaches he kept getting you with. I didn't see you do a single pivot grab in any of those vids.

So my 2 cents would be to keep practicing the cg on all characters, and work on your pivot grabbing. It is too good not to use.

Prawn

Smash Master
finally got vids up of my IC but i wasnt taking it serious as you can tell in the matches because they where just friendlys and he wanted me to go IC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qPL2sudGSc
http://www.youtube.com/user/2link121#p/u/6/3skJglqjVLg
me vs my bro also.. this is b4 we started getting serious with each other because we do get mad at each others when playing mad as in imma show you up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nuaw8B5WQ2Q
but you never enter tournaments so why wouldnt you take friendlies seriously

2-DJeff

Smash Master
You got some lucky gimps on the diddy. Try to incorporate banana desynchs into your game. Also work on the cg, cause you ****ed up on it a lot.

I'm going to just chalk the random upB at the start of the wario game up to the fact that it was a friendly. If there is one thing Lain has taught me about the wario mu though is that pivot grab is your best friend. You can pivotgrab him out of all those aerial approaches he kept getting you with. I didn't see you do a single pivot grab in any of those vids.

So my 2 cents would be to keep practicing the cg on all characters, and work on your pivot grabbing. It is too good not to use.
i wasnt taking it seriously when i actully do enter tourneys i never drop CG like NEVER! ask anyone that have played me in tourney the only time i dropped it was when this guy name fearless was calling me a ***** for CG the whole time lol and when i played kyon. I know piviot works lol trust me i know the wario MU ive beaten CO18 recently. like i said i wasnt taking them seriously and i did banana desync like 99% of the match so wtf? lol
these are" friendlys". Im going to south FL ZP instead of WATO this weekend because me and Esam are Money Matching ill save those matches down there and tourney matches.

but you never enter tournaments so why wouldnt you take friendlies seriously
i enter but barley and i dont take friendlys seriously with IC because its not fun at all... If i just chain grab some one the whole time in a friendly thats more of them trying to learn the MU instead of them having fun.. you guys could ask these players if i was being serious and the would say no not at all because ive 3stocked them both in tourney before

Roller

Smash Legend
i wasnt taking it seriously when i actully do enter tourneys i never drop CG like NEVER! ask anyone that have played me in tourney the only time i dropped it was when this guy name fearless was calling me a ***** for CG the whole time lol and when i played kyon. I know piviot works lol trust me i know the wario MU ive beaten CO18 recently. like i said i wasnt taking them seriously and i did banana desync like 99% of the match so wtf? lol
these are" friendlys". Im going to south FL ZP instead of WATO this weekend because me and Esam are Money Matching ill save those matches down there and tourney matches.

i enter but barley and i dont take friendlys seriously with IC because its not fun at all... If i just chain grab some one the whole time in a friendly thats more of them trying to learn the MU instead of them having fun.. you guys could ask these players if i was being serious and the would say no not at all because ive 3stocked them both in tourney before
I expect not to see a single dropped grab vs esam. There is no way you "intentionally" dropped all of those grabs. And 99% of those banana desynchs were just jabs into the air with no real follow up. Might as well not have done anything. Then you say that you also know you should be pivot grabbing when wario approaches. Yet you don't even attempt to pivot grab one time?

Let me ask you something, wtf was the point of specifically requesting those matches be uploaded to youtube, then posting them in this video thread? Because it seems like they are just vids of you doing things the wrong way and "not trying," and you clearly don't want any critique. And all you are doing now is johning about them. I really don't get why you would post them here...

Also, please learn how to spell and use better word choice. It's not always easy to understand what you are trying to say.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I expect not to see a single dropped grab vs esam. There is no way you "intentionally" dropped all of those grabs. And 99% of those banana desynchs were just jabs into the air with no real follow up. Might as well not have done anything. Then you say that you also know you should be pivot grabbing when wario approaches. Yet you don't even attempt to pivot grab one time?

Let me ask you something, wtf was the point of specifically requesting those matches be uploaded to youtube, then posting them in this video thread? Because it seems like they are just vids of you doing things the wrong way and "not trying," and you clearly don't want any critique. And all you are doing now is johning about them. I really don't get why you would post them here...

Also, please learn how to spell and use better word choice. It's not always easy to understand what you are trying to say.
i just sent matches. i didnt know which ones i sent. he asked me to go IC when i was clearly playing wario the whole time. so i went ic on him. yea they weren't intentional but i wasn't focus on it at the same time. so being robo cop please lol. im not johning you guys over here talking about yall wanted to see my IC. I didn't even know i had IC matches saved until they got uploaded. I didnt ask for a critique at all. I thought this was a striaght up video thread. And i piviot all the time against wario when i wanna win... plz get of my back lol.1.) Your state isnt as good as mines. 2.) like i said if you really want an evaluation on me ask the FL smashers plz or shut up. Idk what you have against me but dude chill lol i seriously playing around in these matches lol i remeber that night i didnt wanna play IC at all but they asked me to. Yea your right on the whole wario piviot grab thing but i know it. i shouldnt have post a vid that i didnt do it once in my bad lol just chill bro hahaha... and yea sure no drop CG on esam (hopefully) now that i got pressure lol. It is what it is no johns. But like i said i wasnt really expecting a critique especially when there just friendly's . Ill make sure ill do everything perfect just for you next time ;). This is how i type. Im very slow at it so i dont try to worry all that much on grammar because im not getting a grade on it. If you dont like it dont read it. That simple.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Got some vids up finally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxZeiqLeEdc&feature=sub

It's a compressed video, so there's a series of matches. The first one is Sonic v Olimar. You can skip past that if you'd like. It's basically Hilt ****** my Ice Climbers all day. He knows the match-up and I don't. Also, for some dumb *** reason, when I play offline, I can't desync. WTF?
Since ppl are being critiques
that weird that u cant desync off line. but dude just learn to desync blizzard and you woulda ***** him Olimar cant do nothing about it. Also a tip when nana using blizzard just go up and grab olimar with popo when hes getting hit. Ice block isnt needa that much in this MU. But other than that you should **** that guy.
O and nice sonic.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Since ppl are being critiques
that weird that u cant desync off line. but dude just learn to desync blizzard and you woulda ***** him Olimar cant do nothing about it. Also a tip when nana using blizzard just go up and grab olimar with popo when hes getting hit. Ice block isnt needa that much in this MU. But other than that you should **** that guy.
O and nice sonic.
I've been playing ICs online to learn how to fight characters and then just factor in CGs offline. Totally making my ICs kinda ******** now.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I've been playing ICs online to learn how to fight characters and then just factor in CGs offline. Totally making my ICs kinda ******** now.
yea i was just talking to smoom about wifi play with IC. It only works if you started out with them on wifi. So if you mained them 1st offline then it wont work online lmao xD. best thing to do is to practice offline like desync stuff

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
yea i was just talking to smoom about wifi play with IC. It only works if you started out with them on wifi. So if you mained them 1st offline then it wont work online lmao xD. best thing to do is to practice offline like desync stuff
If I had consistent offline practice, I wouldn't be playing Ice Climbers on wifi. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be playing wifi period.

Roller

Smash Legend
@excel, some things I noticed that might help you out. Obviously you weren't the most consistent with your cg's in those matches. I assume playing mostly on wifi has something to do with that, but I'd recommend practicing CGing a LOT. I'm sure you do as is, but maybe not as efficiently as possible. I think it was cheese who posted a daily CG practice routine which might help, or I usually do it vs random. (My wii is hacked so all chars will appear, idk if you have your wii set like this though.)

But that I'm sure you could see for yourself. Something that you should be doing different in your methodology is not starting with bthrow. If they are at like 60-70%, sure start with bthrow. But if they are at 0-40 (depending on how good the player is at mashing) it is best not to start with bthrow. Fthrow is probably the best option to start with, but dthrow is faster to start with as well. This reduces the time you have to wait after grabbing to do the first throw, preventing/reducing early breakouts.

Something else I noticed was you landed on platforms above olimar sometimes with blizzards. These could have been mistakes, I'm not sure. But yeah, don't do it. lol

Yes, blizzard wall does shut down a lot of olimar's options, as has been said. So make sure to utilize it. But it is still possible for him to hit you with well timed purples. So don't lean on that approach too much.

And I'd also like to re-point out what 2D said, "When nana is using blizzard just go up and grab olimar with popo when hes getting hit." If you do manage to get him caught in it, then yeah, go for the grab. I think you tilted one time or something, and another time you just did another blizzard. Make sure to capitalize on every possible opportunity.

Desynched blizzards are also good for guarding the edge when oli is hanging on it.

Also, let Hilt know I want to MM him again this weekend. =P

@2DJeff. My main problem with you is that you come in here like you know everything, without any justification for this attitude. The only videos you've posted you have johned about any and all mistakes you made in the matches, making up multiple excuses as to why you did things wrong. And then you aim insults at other players who merely point these things out.

It also doesn't help make yourself seem knowledgeable when you type things like,
yea they weren't intentional but i wasn't focus on it at the same time. so being robo cop please lol.
Wtf does that second sentence (if you can call it that) even mean? It sounds like you are trying to be robo-cop...

As far as my state goes.. In terms of IC players we are better than you. And that is all we're really discussing, playing ICs. It doesn't really matter if you have players like ESAM in your state if you have yet to play them. They might as well live on 1,000 miles away from you.

But I'm willing to drop this and move on. All I ask is that you cut down on the johning and at least type well enough so that we can understand what you mean. (As I am not the only one who has pointed out how hard it is to read some of your posts.)

2-DJeff

Smash Master
@excel, some things I noticed that might help you out. Obviously you weren't the most consistent with your cg's in those matches. I assume playing mostly on wifi has something to do with that, but I'd recommend practicing CGing a LOT. I'm sure you do as is, but maybe not as efficiently as possible. I think it was cheese who posted a daily CG practice routine which might help, or I usually do it vs random. (My wii is hacked so all chars will appear, idk if you have your wii set like this though.)

But that I'm sure you could see for yourself. Something that you should be doing different in your methodology is not starting with bthrow. If they are at like 60-70%, sure start with bthrow. But if they are at 0-40 (depending on how good the player is at mashing) it is best not to start with bthrow. Fthrow is probably the best option to start with, but dthrow is faster to start with as well. This reduces the time you have to wait after grabbing to do the first throw, preventing/reducing early breakouts.

Something else I noticed was you landed on platforms above olimar sometimes with blizzards. These could have been mistakes, I'm not sure. But yeah, don't do it. lol

Yes, blizzard wall does shut down a lot of olimar's options, as has been said. So make sure to utilize it. But it is still possible for him to hit you with well timed purples. So don't lean on that approach too much.

And I'd also like to re-point out what 2D said, "When nana is using blizzard just go up and grab olimar with popo when hes getting hit." If you do manage to get him caught in it, then yeah, go for the grab. I think you tilted one time or something, and another time you just did another blizzard. Make sure to capitalize on every possible opportunity.

Desynched blizzards are also good for guarding the edge when oli is hanging on it.

Also, let Hilt know I want to MM him again this weekend. =P

@2DJeff. My main problem with you is that you come in here like you know everything, without any justification for this attitude. The only videos you've posted you have johned about any and all mistakes you made in the matches, making up multiple excuses as to why you did things wrong. And then you aim insults at other players who merely point these things out.

It also doesn't help make yourself seem knowledgeable when you type things like,

Wtf does that second sentence (if you can call it that) even mean? It sounds like you are trying to be robo-cop...

As far as my state goes.. In terms of IC players we are better than you. And that is all we're really discussing, playing ICs. It doesn't really matter if you have players like ESAM in your state if you have yet to play them. They might as well live on 1,000 miles away from you.

But I'm willing to drop this and move on. All I ask is that you cut down on the johning and at least type well enough so that we can understand what you mean. (As I am not the only one who has pointed out how hard it is to read some of your posts.)
how about you stop trying to be a douche and dont even talk to me ok? lol good
and as far as how i type (DONT READ IT) understand that!

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
see, thats not really a good enough reason... i mean, i could walk into your house, pull out my knife and cut off one of your testicle, then eat everything in your fridge. doesn't really mean i should, though, right? right.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
see, thats not really a good enough reason... i mean, i could walk into your house, pull out my knife and cut off one of your testicle, then eat everything in your fridge. doesn't really mean i should, though, right? right.
dude u got problems
I wanna see you try that acttully.. see if you wont walk out cripple

Smoom77

Smash Master
You're getting annoying with these useless comments. Could you stop?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
You're getting annoying with these useless comments. Could you stop?
Well, since you asked nicely... no. What happened to this place? You've gone soft on me. It's disgusting.

And, Jeff, you appear to lack the ability to understand examples, so ill try to make it a but simpler for you: you are a nobody, stop talking like anybody should listen to you.

There, I think that's clear enough.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
If you encourage them they'll keep coming back... and then they spread their stupidity to the masses.
yet your talking about cuting off ppls balls? i didnt even say anything to roller when i posted the vids.. look how stupid you are.
and who are you? lol
you dont win anything
If you ever come to FL MM plz

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Me? Ive been here since the beginning.

Vids aside, you still don't seem to grasp the concept that you hold no power here. Your opinions, your beliefs, they mean jack. When was the last time you placed to 10? I've been to Florida, I've played your people. Your pr is good; you, sir, are not.

Oh, and the last tourney I won was one hosted by my university before the winter break.

$5 mm the next time you can get mommy to let you come up to GA.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Me? Ive been here since the beginning.

Vids aside, you still don't seem to grasp the concept that you hold no power here. Your opinions, your beliefs, they mean jack. When was the last time you placed to 10? I've been to Florida, I've played your people. Your pr is good; you, sir, are not.

Oh, and the last tourney I won was one hosted by my university before the winter break.

$5 mm the next time you can get mommy to let you come up to GA.
im beatting your *** if i go to GA dont talk about my mom. better not show up because ull never get a girl in your life after i beat ur ***
and i beat ppl on my PR so stfu u dnt know ****
and when did i make a belief in this thread? huh name one
Better not hope im in GA because imma beat ur *** idc if the boards ban me

Top Bottom