• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers' Video Thread

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I have some tourney vids of my IC's finally. I don't care which ones are critiqued since I don't expect anyone to watch all those anyway. Just let me know which MU's you are referring to in your response. Thanks guys.

vs. Mario m2, m3
vs. Olimar m1, m2
vs. Falco

Ruinn

Smash Ace
I have some tourney vids of my IC's finally. I don't care which ones are critiqued since I don't expect anyone to watch all those anyway. Just let me know which MU's you are referring to in your response. Thanks guys.

vs. Mario m2, m3
vs. Olimar m1, m2
vs. Falco
Not really a crititque, just something I noticed. In the mario match 3,, you had him grabbed at 130%+ and decided to like.. fthrow to utilt or something? you did this like twice. Should've just charged a usmash and got the kill. Other than that your ic's are very solid. You also desync very smoothly.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
that was probably a technical mistake on my part. I find I'll accidentally be holding up when I'm trying to usmash sometimes, which results in the utilt. I'm still fairly new in using them in tourney, so nerves and not super awesome input precision got me. I had the right idea, I just don't know how to not press up I guess.

Thank you for thinking my IC's are solid though. Desynchs are fun.

EthereaL

Smash Journeyman
Every time a chaingrab is dropped by an IC main (even me), I die a little inside.

That said, a few things to notice...

In Mario M3, you let him do the same exact thing to you for an entire stock. Powersheilding those should have been a given. When you're that far ahead, play safely. You kept charging in, and he punished you for it a lot.

In all of your matches, you had a very predictable squall hammer recovery. If your opponents had been better at punishing it, you would have eaten an fsmash / dsmash every time. That goes for your approach with it, too...you'll typically be punished for it.

Also, again regarding chaingrabs, you kept trying to spike them off-stage from the grab. This isn't guaranteed, so I don't recommend it at all. You have a 0-death on the entire cast (bar dittos)...use it.

That said, you had very smooth desyncing throughout your matches, and it was a good showing for fairly-new tournament ICs. :)

:phone:

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I know that feel, bro. about dieing a little inside when a cg is dropped.

I did not know dthrow -> fair spike wasn't guaranteed, I won't use that much anymore.

I definitely need to work on cg's, approach and recovery mix ups, and realizing better when it's the time to camp/approach.

Thank you for the critique, I'll be better prepared for this weekend's tourney. I want my revenge against this Mario, we haven't met in tourney since those matches took place.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I have some videos. It's some Finnish GFs from last weekend. Keep in mind there was a huge crowd and it was hyped and stuff so we were both in extreme pressure. :)
So please tell me how I can improve from here and if I have some bad patters or things I shouldn't do. Oh and don't mention the chaingrabs, it's obvious I need to improve and I hadn't practiced for several weeks before the set. Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nqrh6gISw3c Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKH-DFcyG_0 Part 2

Please excuse me for the ****ty quality.

| Big D |

Smash Master
@LzR You got so many grabs q_q

When Mk is in the air, a short hopped blizzard is easily torn apart.

You did well at shielding nados a lot, I play the MU as the MK wants a nado all the time.

Maybe including some fulhop Blizzards. You can do thesem ore quickly b using other desyncs. The easiest/oldest one is 3 dashes into ice block, then popo can blizzard.

I don't really know what to say for Diddy, as you seen how I did vs Felix XD. What I learned though it's better to slow down when they have bananas, and just try and shield them and once he doesn't have nanas, go in. Had I done that vs Felix who knows...

When you have a nana, I noticed you like to throw them at him. If you are going to do that, try and throw it with A and use an ice block afterwards. It's a grab setup.

@Aefice
Wow, you play the Snake MU better than I do.

Instead of upairing their shield when they have a nade on the platform, try fullhop bair instead, or just waiting until the nade explodes.

Squall is a good move when they don't have a nade as it props up snake for juggling, and does a lot of damage.

At the end you had an ice block, you may have been able to recover. Also I know this sounds crazy but maybe even trying more fair. The startup gets people and it's relatively safe on shield, if you space it properly.

That SD at the beginning really hurt, you definitely were dominating that game.

For both of you I think you just need to get those cgs down. I wouldn't do tripless unless your really comfortable with it.

Snake is a pain, maybe learn to hobble?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well there was a huge crowd and stuff and he had the burden of being the champion for such a long time so he was under a lot of stress. That's awesome for Icies. Would have had no chance if it wasn't for that. Also thanks, will try to FH blizzard sometimes too.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Not having a chance and you are playing ICs vs Diddy, then you are terribly wrong. Watch Kakera how to handle the naners.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah except this Diddy is miles ahead of me in skill. I can handle my bananas just fine, I just needed to outplay him and the grabs really helped in that one when he was under a great deal of pressure.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Got some stuff to critique and some more that I'm posting so the other guys can get critique on what to do vs Icies. Pretty much nobody in my state has Icies experience; Bonds has experience from Lux which is probably why he was beating me.
Needs critique:
Vs Bonds (Snake): Game 1 Game 2 Game 3
Vs Meno (Peach): Game 1

Other matches:
Vs Skullkid (DK): Game 1 Game 2 Game 3
Vs Skullkid (Pikachu): Game 1
Vs Rizen (Link): Game 1 Game 2

Smoom77

Smash Master
I don't plan on updating this ever again, so you'll have a better chance of finding critique in the social thread.

Top Bottom