• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers' Video Thread

Roller

Smash Legend
The former nondesyncher coming full circle.

I have some meh players to practice with nearby here in NJ. But not having Lain and Anther and those MI guys close by is meh.

I actually need to find people to take me to tourneys South of me in NJ. As all the drivers I know are south of me and can only take me north. So I can't get to Hyper Sodium Force n shi.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Well, that's an oversimplification.

I meant more that by only being able to play synced, you just lost half the battle because you're arbitrarily option limiting yourself. So people thinking they don't have options that are actually there is detrimental.

Like I have the problem where I take being able to desync as I should desync. So I often miss really obvious punishes, or I get baited into stupid setup traps.

It's encompassing all your options while limiting all your opponents options.

Don't help them jam your options. Dictate your game plan on them, not the other way around :)

ch33s3

Smash Lord
The former nondesyncher coming full circle.

I have some meh players to practice with nearby here in NJ. But not having Lain and Anther and those MI guys close by is meh.

I actually need to find people to take me to tourneys South of me in NJ. As all the drivers I know are south of me and can only take me north. So I can't get to Hyper Sodium Force n shi.
Uh, how far out of the way are you coming from NYC? I'm (probably) driving.

Lux: 30 frames, one dash.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
AIM me tomorrow or wednesday or something, I'll see what my plans are.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yo, Lux desyncs are easy, it took me <1 hour to get both of them down with decent consistencies. They can be pretty good sometimes, but I'm just practicing tech skill for now instead of application.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Don't pivot grab everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7MkgMiXdFk

Pivot grab everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7C3GuKDUPQ

Sure, Hylian dropped a ton of grabs as well. But if you look at the frequency each of us get grabs on the same player on the same day per stock (or per minute).. I got 5-6 per stock/more per minute.

And there are only what? 2-3 sonics in the country better than Kid?

The only other real sonic I've faced is Excel, who I believe was PR'd at the time. In a MM I did the same exact thing I did vs Kid, 3 stocked him low percent game 1 and he conceded.

I think there are 2 important points here that need to be made. YES pivot grab can be baited. Yes, it can be punished. But
1) We only have to catch them once on a mistake (which all players make eventually) in spacing/timing/ or read their bait and grab their followup. And they lose an entire stock. If the match starts and they catch you on a pivotgrab attempt. Sonic should not be killing nana right off the bat like many other characters can. Obviously he can kill her, as is seen in Kid vs Hylian. But at the end of the day, playing the baiting and reading game is far more dangerous for them than it is for us.

2) Yeah, it can be baited and punished. But how many sonics have any idea how to do this properly? As you can see, it worked on Kid, it works on Excel, and it's worked on every lesser Sonic I've played. Until they learn how to deal with it, it is stupid to avoid utilizing the technique when it has clearly worked in every instance I've seen it used. Should we avoid every gimmick that can be beaten if the player knows about it? Even when the player DOESN'T know how to get around it? Playing to win means using your opponent's ineptitude against them. If you know roll behind-> grab works on a player, it is foolish not to make use of that. I have yet to see a sonic not fall for this style, so until I see them adapt, in my opinion it would be foolish of me to change.

And that same day on which Hylian and I played Kid, Lain did as well. He asked what Hylian did wrong or if I had any reads on him. I told him to pivotgrab everything and use IB's to force approach if he kept away. Lain drops grabs on uncommon characters just as much as Hylian did in that set, and he did against Kid. But because he went about the majority of the match doing what I just said (yes, with some blizzarding thrown in) the result was very different despite the dropped grabs.

tl;dr: I agree with Lux's mentality. Do it until they prove it doesn't work on them. Which no sonic has shown me as of yet.

EDIT:I think a lot of ICs would perform better if they would accept that many times, simple can be better. ex: 9B & ESAM. Neither rely on fancy desynchs or complicated setups. They do what they see works, and do it well.

I hope you realize I usually would have beat him horribly, because I can usually cg sonic fine. I grabbed him like 17 times in the last two games alone and I've also played and beaten espy SEVERAL times in tournament(he's beaten me several times as well). Everything I was doing was working fine, yes I could have pivot grabbed because he's BAD AT THE MATCH-UP which was my entire point. Try that against espy/x(not sure about x but he beat lain so *shrugs*) and you will get destroyed.

You missed my entire point.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Lol at ic players still thinking a wiffed pivot grab isn't punishable.... this isn't 09 meep >.>

Sonic is all about baiting and punishing, and just one punish can lead to the separation he needs.

Add speed and D1AOS to that short list with espy and x, kid from what I seen is just not there yet.

:phone:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Don't pivot grab everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7MkgMiXdFk

Pivot grab everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7C3GuKDUPQ

Sure, Hylian dropped a ton of grabs as well. But if you look at the frequency each of us get grabs on the same player on the same day per stock (or per minute).. I got 5-6 per stock/more per minute.

And there are only what? 2-3 sonics in the country better than Kid?

The only other real sonic I've faced is Excel, who I believe was PR'd at the time. In a MM I did the same exact thing I did vs Kid, 3 stocked him low percent game 1 and he conceded.

I think there are 2 important points here that need to be made. YES pivot grab can be baited. Yes, it can be punished. But
1) We only have to catch them once on a mistake (which all players make eventually) in spacing/timing/ or read their bait and grab their followup. And they lose an entire stock. If the match starts and they catch you on a pivotgrab attempt. Sonic should not be killing nana right off the bat like many other characters can. Obviously he can kill her, as is seen in Kid vs Hylian. But at the end of the day, playing the baiting and reading game is far more dangerous for them than it is for us.

2) Yeah, it can be baited and punished. But how many sonics have any idea how to do this properly? As you can see, it worked on Kid, it works on Excel, and it's worked on every lesser Sonic I've played. Until they learn how to deal with it, it is stupid to avoid utilizing the technique when it has clearly worked in every instance I've seen it used. Should we avoid every gimmick that can be beaten if the player knows about it? Even when the player DOESN'T know how to get around it? Playing to win means using your opponent's ineptitude against them. If you know roll behind-> grab works on a player, it is foolish not to make use of that. I have yet to see a sonic not fall for this style, so until I see them adapt, in my opinion it would be foolish of me to change.
1. seeing people talk about me is kind of a weird feeling...
2. number 1 in your post is why i believe ICs is sonics hardest matchup.
3. number 2 in your post, is something that Ive been preaching to the sonic boards for, literally, years.
Kid isn't that good...Espy/X are at another level.
hmm, I dont know how to feel about this. Espy and X are better than me, but I dont think im THAT far behind them. imo, the only difference between me and them is consistency. when i do amazing/intelligent stuff, its really good. but those two do those things more often in the course of a match. i mean it seems pretty clear that i can go head up with almost anybody. I mean, i was only one hit away from beating your number 1 when i played him at pound so dont make it seems like theyre some how on another planet compared to me. you know?

ps. when do you plan on redeeming yourself for that 3-0 I gave you, hmmm? :troll:

Lol at ic players still thinking a wiffed pivot grab isn't punishable.... this isn't 09 meep >.>

Sonic is all about baiting and punishing, and just one punish can lead to the separation he needs.

Add speed and D1AOS to that short list with espy and x, kid from what I seen is just not there yet.

1. sonic baits a grab, punishes it, the punish can range anywhere from 5% to 30% on popo or if were lucky, around 50% on nana.
2. sonic gets baited into a P grab. the grab is going to do A MINIMUM of 20-25%. and can possibly kill me.

number 2 is more effective, AND easier to perform, the adv. is clearly on your side in this...
and on another point.
D1aos isnt at my level yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlN7Y31IW98

speed is around the same as me tho. except that every tourney ive been to with him, I out place him at. even though he can probably beat me 1v1 any day.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Kid sorry but you are no where near the skill of espy/x. At mlg dallas alone they collectively beat pretty much the majority of top players in the scene. They both pretty much always make money and get high placings at really hard tournaments, you struggle to get out of pools.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Hey at least he makes it out of pools unlike one person in our top 5 ic. Not trying to bag on anyone I'm just being real

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sigh, i think I would have placed higher at pound if I didnt have to fight 2 of the best players in the nation at my worst matchup... =(

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Don't trollbait me, I will blow you up with accomplishments.

B0NK

Smash Lord
@kid: okay I respect that, just stating my opinion, and my opinion on D1AOS was from his recent placing and wins. Including out-placing speed =P

I still will always say ic boards, since 09, has exaggerated how good pivot grabbing is in every match-up. It's good, not something to rely on though.

And you can't underestimate that 5 to 30 percent you can get, which can be enough for a lead and sonic is very capable of timing out and punishing our approach.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Dude cheese I said not to bag on ppl. Why would I troll you? Your annoying to talk to. Your accomplishments means **** to me. So don't even waste your time. I said that because hylian said he barely make it out of pools. Yea x and espy are better but I don't think ny much eithier. Trying to say he barley makes it out of pools is dumb because he plays a lower ranked character. For him to compete and make it out of pools is amazingly good. Being a ic player or any top tier character should be cake to make it out.
Say what ever the **** you want but at the end of thr day he makes it out of pools.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Both da1os and kid are ridiculously good, and I've unfortunately never played espy or x. I hope I get to play da1os and kid again soon though, both of them were really hard to beat when I did.

Pivot grab everything doesn't work in any MU with good players. Seriously.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hey at least he makes it out of pools unlike one person in our top 5 ic. Not trying to bag on anyone I'm just being real

I'm pretty sure he's not gotten out of several pools before at tournaments.

sigh, i think I would have placed higher at pound if I didnt have to fight 2 of the best players in the nation at my worst matchup... =(
I feel ya, I had to play ally 1st lmao. The first seed in my pools was against M2K, I was 2nd seed against ally, and then 3rd seed only had to fight lain -.-. Even if I would have beaten ally(took him to game 3 last stock) I would have had to play trela next.

Kid your good don't even worry about this hate

Never said he wasn't good. He's definitely good, but there is a pretty noticeable difference between good and national class player.

I still will always say ic boards, since 09, has exaggerated how good pivot grabbing is in every match-up. It's good, not something to rely on though.

It's all meeps fault lmao.

Dude cheese I said not to bag on ppl. Why would I troll you? Your annoying to talk to. Your accomplishments means **** to me. So don't even waste your time. I said that because hylian said he barely make it out of pools. Yea x and espy are better but I don't think ny much eithier. Trying to say he barley makes it out of pools is dumb because he plays a lower ranked character. For him to compete and make it out of pools is amazingly good. Being a ic player or any top tier character should be cake to make it out.
Say what ever the **** you want but at the end of thr day he makes it out of pools.

Actually he hasn't made it out of pools before? lmao it's ok not to make it out of pools at a national IMO because you can have some hard *** pools but I'm talking about other tournaments. I think I had the hardest pool at pound and I got 2nd seed after getting rapppeeddd day 1 lol. I've also never not made it out of pools in any tournament since brawls release with characters like Samus, GW, TL etc etc. Being a top tier player does not make it easy to get out of pools loooool you have probably nooooooo high level experience if you think that. Skill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tiers by a TON. Players evenish in skill will go evenish with characters that are top and low tier(as long as the match-up isn't horrible obviously).

You are using characters as johns, evaluate people on how they do in tournaments/against people not by what character they play.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure he's not gotten out of several pools before at tournaments.

I feel ya, I had to play ally 1st lmao. The first seed in my pools was against M2K, I was 2nd seed against ally, and then 3rd seed only had to fight lain -.-. Even if I would have beaten ally(took him to game 3 last stock) I would have had to play trela next.

Never said he wasn't good. He's definitely good, but there is a pretty noticeable difference between good and national class player.

It's all meeps fault lmao.

Actually he hasn't made it out of pools before? lmao it's ok not to make it out of pools at a national IMO because you can have some hard *** pools but I'm talking about other tournaments. I think I had the hardest pool at pound and I got 2nd seed after getting rapppeeddd day 1 lol. I've also never not made it out of pools in any tournament since brawls release with characters like Samus, GW, TL etc etc. Being a top tier player does not make it easy to get out of pools loooool you have probably nooooooo high level experience if you think that. Skill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tiers by a TON. Players evenish in skill will go evenish with characters that are top and low tier(as long as the match-up isn't horrible obviously).

You are using characters as johns, evaluate people on how they do in tournaments/against people not by what character they play.
Character level is weighted very heavily in this game un like other fighters. Your right not making it out of pools at a national isn't bad but not making it out and being a top 5 ic player is pretty bad considering the fact that ic is a ranked. Ic will always be top tier. Its just my opinion. You can like it or not idgaf. I agree that making it out won't be easy for being a top tier player. But being a top 5 player in the country for that character? Come on now. This means hes playing his character at the highest level of play. Meaning that he dose not lose any winning mu. But what I'm saying isn't realistic not gonna lie. All I'm saying is that lower teir players do have it way harder... but I still think da kid is not to far from x and espy. dang I wished I went to pound 5. You seem like a fun person to debate with hylian.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
2djeff, you can't use the "He doesn't use a bad character" john thing. Sonic got 5th/6th beating almost every top player (Like...me/ally/gnes were the only people to not lose to a sonic). He is a legit character. If you are gonna use the outlier argument you might as well stop because you would be contradicting yourself.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Well yeah Sonic isn't as good as IC, but that is irrelevant. Sonic can't lose half of his character and become worse.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ bonk,

i do give him credit, d1aos has gotten a fair amount better since pound, while i have been on something of a hiatus while i get good at marvel 3. so youre right. but if he went to siis5 like im planning too, im pretty sure ill still outplace him.

also
lol i completely forgot cheese didnt get out of pools. he made out like a bandit at that tourney.
also. however far behind I may be from espy/X, which is kinda subjective as it is, all i know is that im still 5x as far ahead of every other one thats not speed/d1aos. so i guess im ok with that

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
@ bonk,

i do give him credit, d1aos has gotten a fair amount better since pound, while i have been on something of a hiatus while i get good at marvel 3. so youre right. but if he went to siis5 like im planning too, im pretty sure ill still outplace him.

also
lol i completely forgot cheese didnt get out of pools. he made out like a bandit at that tourney.
also. however far behind I may be from espy/X, which is kinda subjective as it is, all i know is that im still 5x as far ahead of every other one thats not speed/d1aos. so i guess im ok with that
I can agree to that, not many good sonics lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
Both da1os and kid are ridiculously good, and I've unfortunately never played espy or x. I hope I get to play da1os and kid again soon though, both of them were really hard to beat when I did.

Pivot grab everything doesn't work in any MU with good players. Seriously.

...By your own criteria I have already proven you wrong. Either your point that it doesn't work in ANY matchup with good players is incorrect; or Kid is not in fact good. Take your pick. Either way something in that post is not true.

Not trying to anger anyone, I have no problem with Cheese or Hylian or anybody. Just rebutting the point.

At the end of the day, like I said before, it comes down to the fact that although it "shouldn't" work. Which I agree with you guys on. The truth is that vs just about everybody who plays characters like sonic, kirby, etc. It DOES work. Not because it is unbeatable, but simply because a lot of those players haven't found good methods to adapt to it yet. As such, in the current metagame, I find it to be viable.

Of course you can always switch it up when a player shows they can counter that. It's not like switching to blizzard walling and such is difficult. And they are not going to 0-death you or anything on their first demonstration that they can beat it.

As of now, that is the way I believe is best to go about the mu. I'm open to hearing rebuttals to this stance however and will definitely take them into consideration.

EDIT: And yes this ideology is definitely meep's "fault." lol

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I'll give you this for context. I like to throw out option limitations on the ground with grab setups, which is playing to an IC strength. The Yomi driven response on their end is to simply jump after every grab setup. The Yomi driven response on my end then plays to another strength by Uair damage / Nair Platform pressure. The Uair damage hopes to get them to air dodge to land safely and the Nair knocks them off platforms for hitlag desync grab setups. At which point, if they start going back to the ground via that air dodge route, frame advantages says I can go back to grab setups, ground limitation. All of it fairly seemelessly without switching modes. "Use grab setups to grab them (if they're bad at the matchup) or force them into the air > Uair for damage > Use grab setups to punish landing" aka the gameplan. I usually lose because I either John of the Ice Climber it, or I forget to go to steps 2 and 3 of the gameplan and just get baited into attempting to grab repeatedly (similar to getting baited to pivot grab everything). But regardless, in this gameplan, I'm always dictating the matchup on my terms. And the only matchups I've found so far that this plan hasn't worked very well has been Falco and Peach.

In terms of tiers of Yomi, what's the next level if they start beating PGE (pivot grab everything)? Their response is going to be to bait it and punish it until they get the lead and then never approach again. When they get the lead, what's the next step? Blizzard wall like you mention isn't a good option because it loses to the same exact opponent action that just beat PGE. Side note of my opinion that you can rebut, but I'm more interested in your answer to the first question because I inherently don't understand the PGE mentality: I feel like in this one, it's dependent on them approaching, thus dependent on them dictating the terms. Especially when getting baited is playing directly into Sonic's strengths since the whole character is one giant mind game, if you let them dictate the engagement, you inherently limit your own options or give them an advantage.

Oh, and in defense of Cheese, perhaps Kid is a good player that has a specific matchup related issue? TBH I've had the hardest times with Trent, Kid, and X in that order specifically. I HATE the sonic matchup and think it's one of the most stressful. Maybe not a bad matchup, but definitely plays into the mental aspects of things.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Well I was losing to both kid and da1os when I was "pivot grabbing everything", then used my brain and won. So yea...

Roller

Smash Legend
I'll give you this for context. I like to throw out option limitations on the ground with grab setups, which is playing to an IC strength. The Yomi driven response on their end is to simply jump after every grab setup. The Yomi driven response on my end then plays to another strength by Uair damage / Nair Platform pressure. The Uair damage hopes to get them to air dodge to land safely and the Nair knocks them off platforms for hitlag desync grab setups. At which point, if they start going back to the ground via that air dodge route, frame advantages says I can go back to grab setups, ground limitation. All of it fairly seemelessly without switching modes. "Use grab setups to grab them (if they're bad at the matchup) or force them into the air > Uair for damage > Use grab setups to punish landing" aka the gameplan. I usually lose because I either John of the Ice Climber it, or I forget to go to steps 2 and 3 of the gameplan and just get baited into attempting to grab repeatedly (similar to getting baited to pivot grab everything). But regardless, in this gameplan, I'm always dictating the matchup on my terms. And the only matchups I've found so far that this plan hasn't worked very well has been Falco and Peach.

In terms of tiers of Yomi, what's the next level if they start beating PGE (pivot grab everything)? Their response is going to be to bait it and punish it until they get the lead and then never approach again. When they get the lead, what's the next step? Blizzard wall like you mention isn't a good option because it loses to the same exact opponent action that just beat PGE. Side note of my opinion that you can rebut, but I'm more interested in your answer to the first question because I inherently don't understand the PGE mentality: I feel like in this one, it's dependent on them approaching, thus dependent on them dictating the terms. Especially when getting baited is playing directly into Sonic's strengths since the whole character is one giant mind game, if you let them dictate the engagement, you inherently limit your own options or give them an advantage.
I think this would be a far better discussion to have in a real time discussion, to help us explain/question each others points more easily. But for now..

The next step would be case dependent. Look at how they are getting around the pge method, and act accordingly. If they are running in and out of range to bait then hitting with say.. bair? Desynched blizzard beats that. If they are trying to fake you into thinking they'll approach on/near the ground then jumping over you or something, just wait for it and uair/punish landing with grab setup like you were saying you do. etc. It basically turns into the way that most ICs would play the matchup, except you've already got them conditioned to expect pivotgrabs.

I wish I had my tourney match vs Tech_Chase's Wario recorded, as it shows what I do when the opponent knows what I want to do and makes sure not to get pivotgrabbed. It basically ended in me timing him out both games. If they are running away with percent lead then I just uair them and chase with normal ICs methods until the percent lead is cut. Like you guys are saying, that "thinking" method of play does work. The only time it is very difficult would be if you are down a stock and they are camping and can't be persuaded to approach ever. Which I have yet to experience.

Essentially, I think your strategy is fine Lux, and I think using your approach to the matchup is solid if they show they can beat pivotgrabbing. So I suppose I would say that your flowchart would be the next step on my flowchart. If that makes any sense?

Oh, and in defense of Cheese, perhaps Kid is a good player that has a specific matchup related issue? TBH I've had the hardest times with Trent, Kid, and X in that order specifically. I HATE the sonic matchup and think it's one of the most stressful. Maybe not a bad matchup, but definitely plays into the mental aspects of things.
It could definitely have been a matchup related issue if you had not just listed him as the second toughest sonic you've played, over X (who as we know beat Lain) and only below Trent who you lost to. (recently?) Then Cheese posted after you saying he was losing to him when using my method, so I doubt it is Kid's problem with the matchup.

Also, the way that Cheese worded that statement doesn't give room for that possibility, and if it were the case Cheese would technically still have been wrong.
Well I was losing to both kid and da1os when I was "pivot grabbing everything", then used my brain and won. So yea...
Then either
a) you're lying about trying this method (don't think it's this one)
b) Kid randomly knew how to beat the strategy vs you in the past, then forgot about how to do it. (don't think it's this one either)
c) My reaction time is better than yours (possible)
d) I read baiting behavior better than you (possible)

As I use this strategy vs a lot of characters that it is feasible against, either c or d are entirely possible. Since I am more used to the methods people attempt to use in opposition to mine I may simply be more aware of at which point people will try to bait.

However, I believe the answer is most likely c. I took a month a while ago where I worked solely on my reaction time for pivot grabbing. It helped immensely. I actually can react to sonics midrange tricks many times as a result of this. A lot of the times when people get a hit on me in these mu's it is simply because I screwed up the pivotgrab input and input dash->grab in the other direction by mistake.

I just realized the possibility that my reaction may be stronger than most of yours and that could be why I am able to capitalize on things with my method that others can't seem to. Not saying that is the case, but perhaps it could be.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion

D1aos isnt at my level yet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlN7Y31IW98

speed is around the same as me tho. except that every tourney ive been to with him, I out place him at. even though he can probably beat me 1v1 any day.
Yo, this is the second time I've seen you bring up the ditto as if it were irrefutable proof that you are a better player. imho, D1aos's biggest weakness at a top level is just he doesn't adapt at the blink of an eye. What you probably didn't know is that at Xanadu in March he had 2 MM sets with Will, lost the first and won the second. He then went and beat Will in bracket when they faced. =/

Sure, he may have a long way to go, but he has improved so much, I don't really appreciate you down talking him like that. Don't take this too seriously though, just me being mad people still underestimate my training partner because of A ****ING DITTO.

Yeah, I HAVE to think now, It just doesn't work for me to not think. I might have to get into Pokemon mode and predict some predictions from now on.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Then either
a) you're lying about trying this method (don't think it's this one)
b) Kid randomly knew how to beat the strategy vs you in the past, then forgot about how to do it. (don't think it's this one either)
c) My reaction time is better than yours (possible)
d) I read baiting behavior better than you (possible)
You missed option e, opponents play against you differently. You've said yourself you drop more grabs than hylian, who drops about the same amount as I do (give or take). If someone sees that an IC can't consistently CG them, they're going to play more aggressively and go towards your pivot grabs because the risk/reward is drastically shifted.

If I'm playing an IC out to pge, and I notice they're not finishing their CGs, I'm certainly in their face. I'll risk getting pg'd and taking 40 or 60 to get the hit I need to get nana.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when i play all the ICs at pound. how well I did or didnt do against them was pretty much solely and entirely dependant on how many grabs they dropped.

Hylian: Dropped a lot of grabs, I won.
Lux: Was fairly consistent but dropped a few from time to time. beat me 6 games straight, all of them being really really close for the most part.
Lain: Didnt drop many grabs but at the same time i didnt let him grab me as much as the other 3. I should have won game 2 on Picto but I SDd. Game 1 was rather decisive in his favor.
Roller: Dropped almost no grabs, and stomped me out as a result.

@ d1aos friend.
when m2k/ally/nairo/anti play mk dittos. in grand finals of a tourney, does that mean that the better player isnt winning because its dittos? the concept of 'dittos dont count' is stupid and should be done away with. unless its something like ddd dittos or IC dittos or something really stupid and gay like that, theres reallly no basis for that mindset.

That being said, sonic dittos are very much about reaction time, split second reading, and most importantly, out thinking the other guy. if you were the guy that was there, you would have seen the other 2-3 matches, which all proceeded to go further and further in my favor. i def. 2-0d or 3-0d him. not saying hes bad, and i know one video doesnt give a very concrete impression. but based on what i saw from when i played him, i was easily a couple step ahead of him at the time. I think even he'll agree to that. However, like you said, hes stepped up a lot and im proud of him but I still think im better, althought ill have to proof it again, just like i do everytime someone says im not as good as I say.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was dropping cg's all over the place day 1 of pound and then day 2 I suddenly started playing the best I've every played lol was so strange.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
jordan you're inconsistent in general when it comes to big tournaments, i don't think that's debatable LOL
Yeah I'm not sure what it is. Like at whobo I beat tyrant, 3 stocked inui..and then lost to inui LOL I'm not sure what was up with that. I played better at pound after I was out till 3am at a club and had gotten drunk the second day compared to the first when I had a lot of sleep lol.

Top Bottom