• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The more I think about the supposed "leaked" roster the more terrible it seems. Sakurai said that this was going to be a fan driven game and this roster is an enormous kick in the crotch to everyone who has waited so long for this game:

1. Mario *starter*
2. Luigi *was in last two installments*
3. Bowser *starter*
4. Peach *starter*
5. Donkey Kong *starter*
6. Diddy Kong *starter*
7. Link *starter*
8. Zelda/Sheik *starter*
9. Ganondorf *was in last game*
10. Toon Link *was in last game*
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus *starter*
12. Yoshi *starter*
13. Kirby *starter*
14. Meta Knight *starter*
15. King Dedede *starter*
16. Fox *starter*
17. Falco *was in last game*
18. Wolf *I'll be blunt, it's a terrible character choice*
19. Pikachu *starter*
20. Pokemon Trainer *starter*
21. Jigglypuff *was in last two games*
22. Lucario *dead obvious*
23. Ike *starter*
24. Marth *was in last game*
25. Lucas *starter*
26. Ness *was in last two games*
27. Wario *starter*
28. Pikmin & Olimar *starter*
29. Captain Falcon *was in last two games*
30. Ice Climbers *starter*
31. Pit *starter*
32. Mr. Game & Watch *was in last game*
33. R.O.B. *see Wolf comment*
34. Snake *unlockable*
35. Sonic *unlockable*

So, let's see what we've got so far:

24 characters in the starting roster *includes ZSS and Shiek*. (About 60% of the roster.)

8 unlockable characters from at least one of the last two games with 2 of them being previous starters. (25% of the roster)

5 genuinely new unlockable characters with 2 being revealed months in advance and one being extremelly obvious. (15% of the roster)

Let's compare this to Melee:

15 characters in the starting roster (About 60% of the roster.)
2 unlockable characters that had appeared in previous installments (About 4% of the roster.)
9 geniunely new characters (About 26% of the roster with 6/about 18% of them being clones)

Am I the only other person who is extremelly bothered by this?

antimatter

Smash Lord
no. i'm p.o.ed also. no dark samus, no ridley, no geno, not even sylux as the second rep for metroid! come on, sakurai!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Why? Is the full roster leaked?
According to several of the "prophets," this is the final roster:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

Try to avoid throwing up on your moniter if you can.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
yeah that roster has been ripped apart on the various other threads ive seen.

first off Sakauri said he wanted more female characters and yet there is only one new one (zss)

second im guessing ROB is supossed to be a wtf character, but he was revealed in a se video waaaaay back a while ago.

wolf and no krystal? Mario having less rep then melee? I don't think that anyone is getting less reps then melee, and krystal is a female, and fairly popular.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
R.O.B.'s an enemy in SSE. He can't be playable.

Nothing to see here.
For once I strongly hope you're right. I could eventually get over Geno not being playable but to have Krystal, Isaac, Takamaru, and Ridley get the shaft too? Is Sakurai on drugs?

*add in* Anyways, it's nice to see that despite our different opinions, most of us are unified on the idea that the supposed 35 character roster is beyond God Awful.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Wow, i come back to see how the thread is doing, and you guys are believing this prophet crap!?

Come on, that roster has fake written all over it, i dont care what these "prophets" have to say, It's not over until something OFFICIAL comes out.

Look at it this way, if you start believing this crap now, you'll feel like a complete idiot when they do reveal Geno that you even believed in the these stupid "prophets".

And if it somehow turns out to be true, which is extremely doubtful in my mind, well then there was nothing wrong in not believing the leaks.

I still have full confidence that Geno is playable, have faith everyone! It aint over until it's over.

Wrath`

Smash Master
that list sucked, and I belive i the 45-48 roster anyway, and if it is 45-48 geno is a shoe in as much as I hate to say it

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, here's something I found on gamefaqs that could disprove the crappy roster. It confirms an Animal Crossing character.

Okay so, we've seen that whenever a sticker is character specific, it indicates so in the lower right hand section of the text box, like so:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8328 ... ionlx5.png

Notice that the character-specific stickers are only specific to one genre, as Pikachu, PKMN Trainer, Lucario, and Jigglypuff can all use the Groudon sticker. This can also be seen on the Claus sticker (Only Ness and Lucas can use it), as well as the Sonic specific stickers being from the Sonic series. Also, notice that to the left of the characters' faces is gray Japanese text. These are both essential to my theory, so please remember these points.

Okay, now that we've seen a snapshot of a character exclusive sticker, let's look at a non-specific sticker, one that everyone can use:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118a-l.jpg

Notice that the lower right hand corner of the box is empty, including the grey text.

Now here's the clencher. Take a look at this pic:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118b-l.jpg
This is a sticker of Katrina, a character from Animal Crossing, as you should have noticed by the description of her sticker. However, if you look to the right, you can see the edge of a grey "U". This is what I believe confirms Animal Crosser. As is shown from the previous snapshots, grey letters only show up when a sticker is character-specific. And stickers are only specific to characters from their own series. Now it's just a matter of putting two and two together.

Even though I'm 99% positive that this proves AC is confirmed, I'd still like to see if this can be debunked, so feel free to let me know about any holes in my theory.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Honestly, how could the roster be anything less than 38 anyways let alone have only 35 characters? The team for Melee had one, maybe a little less than two years to make this game, and they rushed it. The team for Brawl has had 3 years easily, maybe a little more (they started development in 2005) and it's been delayed.

I seriously doubt this game will have anything less than 38 characters.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
According to several of the "prophets," this is the final roster:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

Try to avoid throwing up on your moniter if you can.
If that was the real roster then i'm freaking angry...No claus? No geno? Mario goes DOWN in represenitives? No icon 19? Lack of isaac? This list SUCKS!

For once I strongly hope you're right. I could eventually get over Geno not being playable but to have Krystal, Isaac, Takamaru, and Ridley get the shaft too? Is Sakurai on drugs?

*add in* Anyways, it's nice to see that despite our different opinions, most of us are unified on the idea that the supposed 35 character roster is beyond God Awful.
Hopefully we get more then that....

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
As much as I hate Geno, I hope this isn't the real roster because it sucks so much.
XD wow, even you and Kaorin are both saying the roster sucks, while you both could rub it in our faces because Geno isn't in :p

I hope you both don't do that, of course. But even with Geno this roster would suck :[ Not so much for me, but it's really a slap in the face to those who supported the most popular voted characters on that poll.

And yes, I for one am glad Ness is back though, he's great. I hope everything that hasn't been proven to be in our out is a lie. With the exception of obvious shoe in characters, like Ganondorf, C. Falcon, etc.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's been awesome guys. Thanks for sharing the Geno memories. At least I can play as him in Mario RPG. Im over the roster by now.:)

Wrath`

Smash Master
well the AC therorey is cool, but i dont think it does much on genos stance

f*** it if you can't beat em join em

geno 4 PC

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Glad to see everyone joining to get this ****ed ugly roster out of the way. Even if some of us don't like Geno, the more characters, the better.

I'm seriously hoping it's wrong, and Mattheiu, I agree with your AC theory and posted it a couple pages back. If ChaosZero's theory is full in truth, and we have an AC rep, and rapscouter was correct about a third third party; we broke the 35 character rumor.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Im bracing myself that this is the real roster. If they're wrong, awesome. If not, whatever.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
There is no way this can be true...why would Sakurai give us 25 characters to start off with but then only 5 unlockables? (or was it 8?) That's not right.

And then Sakurai's journal...why would he just decide to skip Geno and Ridley?

How many newcomers did he give us by the way? I mean newcomers that are unlockable. Like 5 or something? That can't be right. Why would he do that?

Machspeed

Smash Lord
What's going on in Sakurai's head?

Samus has been alone for TWO installments of SSB, yet he's still stacking more people on Star Fox before fixing Metroid's franchise? Not to mention two new Kirby reps before he gives another series at least one which was highly requested?

Are you serious? R.O.B.? I can name loads of better WTF characters off the top of my head, like Skapon or Takamaru.

Mario doesn't gain a rep this series, but he actually loses one from the last installment?

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, here's something I found on gamefaqs that could disprove the crappy roster. It confirms an Animal Crossing character.

Okay so, we've seen that whenever a sticker is character specific, it indicates so in the lower right hand section of the text box, like so:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8328 ... ionlx5.png

Notice that the character-specific stickers are only specific to one genre, as Pikachu, PKMN Trainer, Lucario, and Jigglypuff can all use the Groudon sticker. This can also be seen on the Claus sticker (Only Ness and Lucas can use it), as well as the Sonic specific stickers being from the Sonic series. Also, notice that to the left of the characters' faces is gray Japanese text. These are both essential to my theory, so please remember these points.

Okay, now that we've seen a snapshot of a character exclusive sticker, let's look at a non-specific sticker, one that everyone can use:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118a-l.jpg

Notice that the lower right hand corner of the box is empty, including the grey text.

Now here's the clencher. Take a look at this pic:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118b-l.jpg
This is a sticker of Katrina, a character from Animal Crossing, as you should have noticed by the description of her sticker. However, if you look to the right, you can see the edge of a grey "U". This is what I believe confirms Animal Crosser. As is shown from the previous snapshots, grey letters only show up when a sticker is character-specific. And stickers are only specific to characters from their own series. Now it's just a matter of putting two and two together.

Even though I'm 99% positive that this proves AC is confirmed, I'd still like to see if this can be debunked, so feel free to let me know about any holes in my theory.
Hey

it's really nice of you to try to deconfirm the roster, but sadly this theory doesn't work. There is a video where the Klap Trap (an enemy from Donkey Kong Country) sticker is shown, and it was available for every character, not only Donkery & Diddy Kong. That means that the AC sticker doesn't necessarily confirm an AC character :(

Cless

Smash Champion
I'm not saying the AC theory can't be used but for all we know there are stickers that apply to characters even if the stickers don't have a rep.
Yes, but on the Animal Crossing sticker, it has the kanji for exclusivity. I assume that an Animal Crossing sticker with exclusivity would only be equipped on an Animal Crossing character.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Hey

it's really nice of you to try to deconfirm the roster, but sadly this theory doesn't work. There is a video where the Klap Trap (an enemy from Donkey Kong Country) sticker is shown, and it was available for every character, not only Donkery & Diddy Kong. That means that the AC sticker doesn't necessarily confirm an AC character :(
You see something in the corner of the Katrina shot though. It's a grey symbol, and the grey symbol to the right of the line only appears when it's usable by certain people.

The "U" on the english screenshot could indicate users or usable by.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea06.html

Since when has an ENEMY Character been playable in smash? Instead of Using Action Replay?

Answer: NEVER.

Prophets: Go soak your heads.
Taken from Gamefaqs.

Weltunter

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but on the Animal Crossing sticker, it has the kanji for exclusivity. I assume that an Animal Crossing sticker with exclusivity would only be equipped on an Animal Crossing character.
Really? That's the first time I heard about that kanji. That would be awesome, because the Prima Leak could be true after all. And that one featured Geno, King K. Rool, Krystal...

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Really? That's the first time I heard about that kanji. That would be awesome, because the Prima Leak could be true after all. And that one featured Geno, King K. Rool, Krystal...
Sadly the Prima one has been deconfirmed recently - it didn't contain Lucario and he was proven to be in the game as a PC last night.

Cless

Smash Champion
You can see the left half of the first kanji on the pic, and people in the Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff thread translated the whole thing from the pics from the video.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
You can see the left half of the first kanji on the pic, and people in the Ness, Lucario, and Jigglypuff thread translated the whole thing from the pics from the video.
I dont understand. Whats going on? Is it a possible fake and Geno and the others have a chance??

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If that was the real roster then i'm freaking angry...No claus? No geno? Mario goes DOWN in represenitives? No icon 19? Lack of isaac? This list SUCKS!

No kidding. It's like the roster Sakurai would create if he wanted to give the fans the bird for waiting for so long.

Hopefully we get more then that....
40 at least or if it HAS to be 35 characters, then at least they should be more imaginative...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
The AC character theory doesn't hold much water - that sticker could easily apply mainly to MAGIC users, since it boosts Magic stats. No real way of knowing right now.

However, yes - that 35-character roster sucks balls. Big, hairy elephant balls.

I'm also hearing that the ROB in that roster may be the one from STAR FOX. Are you kidding me? NO ONE wants him. NO ONE.

Really though - just because multiple people are saying this, that doesn't make it true. The only one I'm even remotely close to believing is chaoszero, and that's only because he 'predicted' Dragoon - and even that seems hard to believe.

Cless

Smash Champion
The AC character theory doesn't hold much water - that sticker could easily apply mainly to MAGIC users, since it boosts Magic stats. No real way of knowing right now..
True, but it'd be kinda weird to make an obscure AC character (well, at least obscure to people to people who don't play much Animal Crossing anyway) enhance magic just to equip it on someone like Zelda. Also, I think it would the the Nintendo peripheral ROB. Not the one from Star Fox. The one from Star Fox is based off of that one though, so maybe. I still call shenanigans on everything until the game comes out.

Top Bottom