• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Machspeed

Smash Lord
The AC character theory doesn't hold much water - that sticker could easily apply mainly to MAGIC users, since it boosts Magic stats. No real way of knowing right now.
An AC rep is definently a pretty good possibility though. The leaked Pokemon reps followed Groudon, and Ness followed the Lucas sticker, so why wouldn't an AC character do the same?

If you analyze how many magic users there are in the game so far, it's really not too many. Besides, what would he have to hide for him to chop off who it's usable by?

GenoX

Smash Rookie
I for one dont believe the leak roster. Big deal its a guy that has no life that made it, is there any proof, i dont think so. if this were to be real i would hope they would make him downloadble. Why would there only be 35 characters. Brawl wasnt really rushed like melee. and im guessing another loser prophet said 35 for brawl, proof, no

Genodisk

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, here's something I found on gamefaqs that could disprove the crappy roster. It confirms an Animal Crossing character.

Okay so, we've seen that whenever a sticker is character specific, it indicates so in the lower right hand section of the text box, like so:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8328 ... ionlx5.png

Notice that the character-specific stickers are only specific to one genre, as Pikachu, PKMN Trainer, Lucario, and Jigglypuff can all use the Groudon sticker. This can also be seen on the Claus sticker (Only Ness and Lucas can use it), as well as the Sonic specific stickers being from the Sonic series. Also, notice that to the left of the characters' faces is gray Japanese text. These are both essential to my theory, so please remember these points.

Okay, now that we've seen a snapshot of a character exclusive sticker, let's look at a non-specific sticker, one that everyone can use:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118a-l.jpg

Notice that the lower right hand corner of the box is empty, including the grey text.

Now here's the clencher. Take a look at this pic:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/images/modea12/modea12_080118b-l.jpg
This is a sticker of Katrina, a character from Animal Crossing, as you should have noticed by the description of her sticker. However, if you look to the right, you can see the edge of a grey "U". This is what I believe confirms Animal Crosser. As is shown from the previous snapshots, grey letters only show up when a sticker is character-specific. And stickers are only specific to characters from their own series. Now it's just a matter of putting two and two together.

Even though I'm 99% positive that this proves AC is confirmed, I'd still like to see if this can be debunked, so feel free to let me know about any holes in my theory.
Good find matheu, as somewon said earlier that the klaptrap was available for all characters, i don't think they would cut off half the picture unless it was leaking something(to do with animal crossing) and there is no way in hell ROB is a playable character. I dont know why people believe this roster, it is not true. Its like confirming a goomba as a playable character....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why are people comparing R.O.B.'s role in Subspace as a reason to de-confirm him instead of his history with Nintendo?

R.O.B. was NOT ever a generic enemy in ANYTHING before SSE and shouldn't be looked at as such

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
The character-specific stickers aren't automatically ONLY for series-specific characters.

Note, that the Claus sticker boosts PSI. They specifically say PSI.

And for Katrina, it says it boosts MAGIC. No AC character uses Magic.

And Mathieu actually has a point about ROB.

That. Roster'd. SUCK.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ROB didn't originate in a game. He's out.
Kinda too late for that since we already know he IS in the game...in some form...

Besides, he technically did...He originated in Gyromite...sorta

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Eh - as long as Geno's playable, I'd be cool with just about anyone being in the roster.

As long as he's playable, dude.

D

Deleted member

These leaks, prophets, roster leaks are really annoying the f*ck outa me. I dunno what to believe now. This very well be my last post on SWF. I am getting sick of lsing faith for my most wanted characters, and I don't want that. I don't want that one bit. So, I might as well say my goodbye here because Geno will always have my support no matter what.

I'd like to thank you guys for helping me realize what makes Geno so awesome and why he should be a PC. There was a point before I came on SWF where I supported Geno... as an AT. Now I see how dumb it would be and how great Geno's chances are of making it into the PC selection. So, thank you. I will be back... whoever knows when. I had a good time defensing Geno and other characters, hell, if it weren't for SWF, I probably wouldn't have played Metroid, Pikmin, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda and even the Kirby series. But I everything is just confusing me and pissing me off. I gotta stop taking it so serious. Just remember:

There will always be Geno supporters out there.

Geno for Brawl! Goodbye

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My doubt of them is the fact they basically just posted Chronobound's list to a t...including calling him Toon Link...

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Hey guys.

Been awhile sine I posted here. It looks like nothing much has changed. Still speculation and trolling left and right. Doesn't matter. Dosn't matter.

Just thought I'd post something that I discovered recently. While cruising around for Video Game music, I came across arranged tracks for Super Mario RPG. Official arranged tracks. Don't know how many of you out there have listened to them, but here's a link to the page containing them. They're extremely limited, but the tracks they did choose to arrange sound exellent.

http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/261

I highly suggest you download the "Seeing Dreams throught the Window of Stars", aka the Ending Theme to SMRPG.

It brought tears to my eyes.

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
I want Geno in Brawl more than I want a Super Mario Rpg sequel or remake...

Why? First thing, I'm dying to see what Geno looks like in Brawl form. Also, we have Super Mario Rpg. I know it would be great to have a sequel or remake, but seriously, in Brawl we would get to control Geno in a fighting game, using all of his moves and such. There's SSE, so that would be sort of like a Mario Rpg remake, and come on, it would just be cool.

If I had a choice between either Geno in Brawl or a Mario Rpg remake AND sequel, I would choose Geno for Brawl.

Geno for Brawl!!!!!!!!! :)

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
The site says ''(MAGIC) Attack + 13''. This could mean Katrina uses her magic to boost Animal Crosser's attack.
no, you fool. it means that the character's Magic Attack increases by 13, as opposed to a Magic Resistance. read the **** update.

also, the update clearly says that SOME stickers are character-specific. not all of them.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

- THOSE stickers are usable by everyone. It's clear to the right of the line.

- You see the grey kanji symbol to the right of the line? This one IS in fact only usable by a character.

- That side of the kanji symbol matches up with the one that confirmed Lucario, and Jigglypuff.

And what would he be trying to hide by cutting off an image if it was nothing noteworthy?

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
So we're talking about stickers now?

How does this relate to Geno?
the new sticker info "confirmed" that there will only be 5 characters max per series. which i suppose means that Mario only gets one more character....Bowser Jr. or Geno.

though i suppose it's possible for Geno to be separate from the rest of the Mario characters, or Jr. could just not make it in the game at all. personally, i'm fine with either option.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
How is it five characters max?

All they have to do is stretch it out a little.
why stretch it? why not just make it that size from the get go? people said the same thing about names...no one believed that they would only be 5 characters long and they used the exact same argument about stretching the space. it just doesn't make sense.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Ah I see, by proving there's an AC character means proving the roster is wrong, thus proving Nya to be a false prophet. Genius >_> lol

Seriously though, I doubt their roster is the final roster, I find it hard to believe it is anyways.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
couldn't they just count Yoshi as a Mario character in there? pessimistically, that actually feels right.
Yoshi represents his own series; you can see the little Yoshi egg.
Wario also represents his own series, as you can see the W as his icon.

Mario has 4 reps, counting Luigi, assuming the Doc is gone.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
Nya isn't the only person you want to disprove.

you want to disprove people in the Neogaf forums who if they are wrong, lose everything including their good reputation of leaking games and access to the forums period.

Yoshi represents his own series;
I am aware of his own icon; but honestly, could it be there just because it's Yoshi? can you honestly imagine there being a Mario sticker and Yoshi being the only one not getting it but Geno does? that's REALLY hard to imagine.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, I feel like I'm going through the 5 stages of accepting death. Currently, I'm just mad because there really is no excuse for the roster to be that bad if the 35 character roster ends up being true. If they had time to create all these pointless items, the 1001 assist trophies, and all the other extras they put into the game then they could at least create a decent 40 individual roster... Actually, I better word for how I'm feeling is annoyed because I feel like I've been betrayed. Oh well... here's hoping that Nintendo didn't drop the Brawl (pun definately intended)... Go Geno...

*add in* Oh yeah, I wanted to post this too: (When asked about how many people worked on Brawl.)

Sakurai- Roughly 100 individuals. Of course, there would be even more if you count supervisors and contractors. Looking at all the staff that appears in the staff credits, it was about 700 people.

Yeah, no excuse...

Top Bottom