• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Arteen

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter which ROB it is now. SF ROB is out because he appeared as a trophy. Toy ROB is out because he's a generic enemy.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Nuuuuu Krystal is absent from school....:(
w/e, just replace Wolf with Krystal if that floats your boat. the point still stands that there are many ways to make a 35 character roster that DOESN'T suck, doesn't include ROB, and still has an order that "fits," even though Melee taught us that the initial and final rosters don't have to match anyway.

people jump to FAR too many conclusions. >_>

zagman505

Smash Cadet
but the thing is, accessory ROB being a generic enemy doesn't exactly exclude it. as much as i don't want it to happen, i could see something happen like where the ROB playable character is just a super powerful version of the generic enemy that you hafta fight in SSE that later joins you or something like that =S

well. here's to hoping that the 35 char. roster is false, and that instead our wanted characters make it in (i'm personally rooting for isaac >_>) =D

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
I want at least one new Female character...Micaiah would be interesting, though not sure if she is deconfirmed...but Krystal is my number 1.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Geno, Ridley, Krystal, and Isaac for Brawl! Let us support them until the bitter end!

Well, hopefully the end won't be bitter. :)

but the thing is, accessory ROB being a generic enemy doesn't exactly exclude it. as much as i don't want it to happen, i could see something happen like where the ROB playable character is just a super powerful version of the generic enemy that you hafta fight in SSE that later joins you or something like that =S
I just don't think that would work out. He has a very limited range of motion. I don't think that he could possibly have enough unique animations for every neutral, tilt, smash, arial, grab, or throw attack without making him as flexible as Gumby. Besides, the ROB squad's description on the website is just as brief and succinct as every other generic SSE enemy's description. There's no indication that ROB will be playable, and every indication that he won't.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The thing that kills me if this turns out to be true is why ROB? He was already an unlockable character in Mario Kart DS (which was only 2 years ago) and to say that people have forgotten him is laughable at best. His significance towards Nintendo is laughable too and the only thing he really has is a noglastia factor.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
The thing that kills me if this turns out to be true is why ROB? He was already an unlockable character in Mario Kart DS (which was only 2 years ago) and to say that people have forgotten him is laughable at best. His significance towards Nintendo is laughable too and the only thing he really has is a noglastia factor.
Honestly, what little part of your brain is telling you it's the real roster?

antimatter

Smash Lord
its starfox ROB the prophets are talking about. he was shown as a trophy in coin launcher, myth busted.

antimatter

Smash Lord
The Roster Is Fake! The Prophets Are Talking About Rob From Star Fox! We Can Quit Talking About This!

antimatter

Smash Lord
go ahead. i just found it somewhere, like on an icon thread or something. i dont remember at all.

found a sakurai quote that could be interpreted in multiple ways:

"I can tell you that for everyone working on this game, the amount of content has been surprising to say the least."

we thought it meant a large amount, however...

CJay

Smash Cadet
in a roster with only 35 Chars. Geno doenst deserve to be in.
fact! its an nintendo allstar game after all

wolf is in several games an he is a villain, very usefull for the single player
rob is the WTF! Char
toon link is the main char of many games

end

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
no ****ing excuse whatsoever. if that's the real roster and completely left out the 3 most wanted newcomers (Geno, Ridley, Krystal)....it's shameful indeed.

and no new Mario rep at all? wtf.
The leakers just managed to piss off the three most notable clubs on SWF.
I saw we kick some ***, it doesn't matter whose *** it is, but someone's.
Ahem, not three, four....

It's a different ROB I believe. Oh and I've invited the members of the Megaman and Isaac threads to join us in this discussion. I hope no one minds.
...or better yet FIVE.

You know, prior to these recent events I only supported Megaman, Isaac, and maybe Ridley. But seriously Megaman, Issac, Ridley, Geno, and Krystal all deserve a playable spot over ROB the robot and Wolf.

Woot! My first post in the massive Geno thread.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
...or better yet FIVE.

My bad. ;)
Anyway, the roster has pretty much been confirmed to be fake. Those big guys supporting Nya? They originally had Zelda and Sheik as separate characters.
Seriously though, it's almost as if they faked this roster to piss us all off.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
hm. wasn't it that they had samus and ZSS as separate characters? same thing i guess. in any case, ROB is basically debunked, since in melee you could only get trophies of playable characters by beating various game modes with them, but you can get the NES ROB trophy by using a trophy stand in SSE and the ROB 64 in the coin launcher minigame. so thank god, the roster from hell is basically debunked.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Also don't forget the fact that we have Krystal's VA. As someone mentioned earlier, it's doubtful that Krystal would be pulled down from the VA's website if she wasn't anything more than an AT. Krystal alone burns that roster.

To be honest, ROB and Wolf aside, I think that's more of an incomplete roster rather than a downright fake.

Edit: I say that because it's widely stated that Nya or any other testers could've just played an incomplete version of the game.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, one good thing that has come out of this is that the majority of the forums have unified in some way, shape or form. I already said it in another thread, but this roster is pretty darn disappointing. Let's see what we've got (or don't have):

- No Geno.
- No Ridley.
- No Krystal.
- No Megaman.
- No Isaac.
- 2/3 of the final roster are veterans from Melee.
- Pretty much all of the newcomers, with exception to a couple, are shown on the dojo already.
- ROB? What the hell?

This is a list that was crafted specifically to upset people and stir up arguments.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
When I said I was going to support Geno to the bitter end back in the summer of 2005 I meant. In case the worst should happen, I'd like to take this oppurtunity to say that it's been an honor dicussing Brawl with you guys these past 2 1/2 years and that you are truly the most dedicated of character supporters. I aplogise for being so dramatic but it's really hard. I feel like I'm in the process of writing my own will because much of my "prestige" has been built around what I have done to try to get Geno in Brawl and I fear that once Brawl comes out, I'll come back as a hated man if he didn't make the cut. My theories and speculation are slowly deteriating before my very eyes but I'm still glad I supported the wooden doll that inspired a 10 year old boy to dream back in 1996. The flame is starting to dim but it still exists. If Geno didn't make the cut, I'll go back to what I did before Brawl was pseudo announced, trying to find a way to bring Geno back to fight one last time or at least get a remake of Super Mario RPG to come out. Still, I'm sort of beside myself right at the moment and it's even more apparent now more then ever that I'm more then 3,000 miles away from home...

Cless

Smash Champion
in a roster with only 35 Chars. Geno doenst deserve to be in.
fact! its an nintendo allstar game after all

wolf is in several games an he is a villain, very usefull for the single player
rob is the WTF! Char
toon link is the main char of many games

end
Meh, I feel feeding the troll.

Wolf is not a villain. He's an antagonist at worst, and begrudging sidekick at best. The very nature of his work doesn't allow him to be a villain.

See all the posts about Rob.

If many games is two games, then ok, WW Link has been in many games.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Seeing as how in Brawl Central forums, there are at least 3 different "real" rosters, including the 35 character piece of crap one that are being pushed around and have supporters, so I call shenanigans. I also don't believe the photo. A good fake, but still a fake. If he had unlocked all the characters, why didn't he post a picture of that? "but lol he didnt want 2 spoil da game lol". Then he wouldn't have even posted the "entire roster", or a pic of the starting roster to begin with.

Let's just say, assuming this god-awful list is real, that we had some part in this? I think that Sakurai or a member in his team or a member of one of Nintendo's sects looks over the internet for leaks, and forums are no matter (notice how after Lucario and Ness were leaked, the video got removed and replaced?), do yuou think they saw this place? He showed it to Sakurai, just finishing the final details for Subspace and an employee comes up[ and shows him the clan wars.

Sakurai: "Wow, look at this. This is sad. People getting into such crude arguments over this game, trying to show that their character is better than everyone else's. Well, just for this, NONE of them will get in."

Employee: "Then who will replace them?"

Sakurai : "I dunno." *picks name out of hat* "ROB from Star Fox 64."

Employee: "God choice, sir! But, what about the Subspace story line?"

Sakurai: "Dammit! Now I need more time!" *delays Brawl again*

I wouldn't be surprised :ohwell:

Cless

Smash Champion
That's stupid, bad business sense, and a bad idea all around. That's basically saying, "Wow, these people care about these characters and these games enough devote time in their day to argue about their inclusion in a game that they really have no control over. I think I'll just piss everyone off and not put any of them in."

schnible

Smash Rookie
hum what happen i read like 7 pages and we don't talk about geno anymore... come on lets support geno... give him a positive energie and we will get it...

anyway they do several mode and payable caracter in melee whit a little team and little time... now he have A VERY BIG TEAM AND LOT OF TIME... so why 35 caracter... i don't think is true... there is so much newcommer in melee is suppose to have A LOT MORE THAN THAT IN BRAWL so we will get VERY GOOD NEW CARACTER.. and surely all we want...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
This is depressing - if that 35 roster ends up being the real deal, then Sakurai has murdered this roster beyond comprehension. Period.

Geno NEEDS to be in. This is our best chance to bring SMRPG back with a remake/sequel, and bring its characters into the series mainstay, where it belongs.

Sephiroth_Ultima

Smash Cadet
Personnally I don't see why the god ****ed character boxes couldn't shrink to make more space, especially since on that screen and even more so in demos they were gigantic compared to melee's.

Also, in melee the character select screen was arranged so that you thought there were only 5 secret characters because that's all there were of «?» empty boxes.

ALSO, about that select screen that everyone's talking about:

I HIGHLY doubt that the characters from a same series would be randomly scattered like this since it's a smash tradition to put them together and its just plain ugly otherwise.

Hell, in melee they tossed pikachu to the bottom of the screen when you unlocked luigi so that it would look nicer.

And in any case, as much as everyone of you guys want the game to be leaked to hard, and until like 5 minutes ago I believed so hard in it too, this is way too crappy. There's no announcer. Instead the character you select says something? Yeah right, specially since it's been heard in another video...hnmm....sound editing, anyone? Really, more and more people ralize that it just doesn't look real and could've been made in photoshop and flash in just a couple of hours or less.

The disc looks awful real, though... as somebody else said: lightsribe FTW.

Let's just keep wishing upon our star-road-saving, smithy-kicking Star, shall we?

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
The 35 as the number of characters is not that wrong, Geno still fits (he should fit since he's one of the most requested characters), but that particular roster is BS, ROB = no chance in hell, and IMO Krystal should be in before Wolf since she is higher on the poll.

To get back on-topic: How do you think "Beware the forest's Mushrooms" will turn out? So far the DOJO music is great, and this particular song should be even better (Jazz, Rock, Samba, who knows? :laugh:)

And I'll also throw this to you: Every icon with a confirmed character has had a music update (even AC which doesn't) EXCEPT the Mario series... Maybe they are holding the Mario song until it's newcomer is revealed... perhaps Geno? God knows I hope so :)

Top Bottom