• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Fatmanonice said:
Well, I feel like I'm going through the 5 stages of accepting death. Currently, I'm just mad because there really is no excuse for the roster to be that bad if the 35 character roster ends up being true. If they had time to create all these pointless items, the 1001 assist trophies, and all the other extras they put into the game then they could at least create a decent 40 individual roster... Actually, I better word for how I'm feeling is annoyed because I feel like I've been betrayed. Oh well... here's hoping that Nintendo didn't drop the Brawl (pun definately intended)... Go Geno...

*add in* Oh yeah, I wanted to post this too: (When asked about how many people worked on Brawl.)

Sakurai- Roughly 100 individuals. Of course, there would be even more if you count supervisors and contractors. Looking at all the staff that appears in the staff credits, it was about 700 people.

Yeah, no excuse...
I never thought I'd say this, but... it seems that the GA and RIDLEY are fully agreeing in this situation. <_<;

That roster is really really gay. I think I will join Geno's quest to blow up Japan..
Count me in.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Relax, I really doubt this is the final roster, or the "real" one at that. I just find some things hard to believe, I mean no Geno? no Ridley? Wolf over Krystal? I'm more of a Wolf fan, but even I think Krystal would've gone the spot first. :ohwell:

On a side note, with Krystal's voice actor leaked we know she's on the game in some form. Due to her popularity and place on the polls I doubt she'd be made into an AT or anything less and if she is indeed a PC it will help prove this whole roster to be a fake, no?

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
The 35 roster just makes me speechless...sort of.

The thing I don't get is the Krystal issue. Someone else pointed out in this thread about her VA leak, and saying it would be very odd to have her take that information down so quickly if it was just for an AT.

Also add in the fact that for a while it looked like Sakurai was going off the polls, but if this 35 roster is real, Geno, Ridley and Krystal all got the royal smack down and completely ignored.

That really makes no sense to me at all. Ridley I can see going as a boss or playable character, Geno's rights are out of whack but I don't see them really being to much an issue. But Krystal too?

Seriously just what?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
no ****ing excuse whatsoever. if that's the real roster and completely left out the 3 most wanted newcomers (Geno, Ridley, Krystal)....it's shameful indeed.

and no new Mario rep at all? wtf.
Exactly. The game was in development longer then Super Mario Galaxy and even Twilight Princess and even had an ENTIRE BUILDING built dedicated to the production of the game.

Heh, what do you think are the chances of Nintendo creating downloadable characters? :psycho:

Beamblast

Smash Cadet
So...any of you think its possible that the prophets DO know the actual roster and are toying around with us by giving us a piece-of-garbage roster?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
We are all on the same boat :/ feel for ya Geno fans~

Krydleno Ftw? Rofl...
The leakers just managed to piss off the three most notable clubs on SWF.
I saw we kick some ***, it doesn't matter whose *** it is, but someone's.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
Is there an active Ridley thread? I wanted to say the same thing but I couldn't seen to find..I didn't search but meh...

Btw if any of our 3 chars gets revealed as a PC and the other doesn't...try to be civil with each other...remember we are all equally worried...

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Is there an active Ridley thread? I wanted to say the same thing but I couldn't seen to find..I didn't search but meh...
Active Ridley thread? We were the ones who started the idea of character threads and character clubs to begin with.
SWF just couldn't handle our badassery, so the threads were banned.

Btw if any of our 3 chars gets revealed as a PC and the other doesn't...try to be civil with each other...remember we are all equally worried...
Geno and Krystal deserve the spot better than frakin' ROB, and I'm no supporter of either of them.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord

sorry no active ridley thread...it was closed.we got really bored and fed up and adventually just cracked and flamed every other charcter thread.most of us where banned for 2 weeks

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
All of us at the Krystal thread are worried that the Ridley group or Geno group will come flame us if Krystal is deconfirmed. We don't want that, considering how worried all 3 of us are, I think we should at least be nice when it happens.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
All of us at the Krystal thread are worried that the Ridley group or Geno group will come flame us if Krystal is deconfirmed. We don't want that, considering how worried all 3 of us are, I think we should at least be nice when it happens.
At this point, I don't think even the more... impulsive members of the RIDLEY club will do anything. It seems we're all in cahoots right now, miraculously enough.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
i dont think that will happen...mabye a couple of months ago but not right now.
Exactly. All of us, no matter how much they hate the idea of either Geno or Krystal getting in, would rather have them in and Ridley rather than none of them at all.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's hardly the case and I think nearly all the major character threads are united right at the moment when it comes to opposing Brawl's possible God Awful roster. Instead of a few highly wanted characters getting the shaft, almost all of them are and I think people have dubbed this event a crisis in itself.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
Well I am glad to see we all hope for the same thing. Makes me feel at ease a bit. Now to just get ready for those independent haters >:B.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
No Ridley

No Geno

No Krystal

No other 3rd party's

All things we greatly expected... :(

ROB - I'm speechless.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
haha? See what I did...I laughed...I think...o-o....

I hope at least ONE of the 3 gets in...Of course if it is Ridley or Geno I will have to main Zelda >>...hmm

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to add false hope but, http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40936211 might make some of you feel better.

To sum it up, it basically says that before Ness was confirmed, the roster Markman and Reno had listed Zamus and Samus as two characters, thus completing the 35 character roster. After Ness was confirmed, the roster was edited making Zamus and Samus into one character.

I'll try to dig up more information later (I'm so wiped right now), or you're welcome to do so yourself. But I can say a trustworthy friend of mine has also verified this as well.

Anyways, here's to Geno, Ridley and Krystal as playable characters in brawl, and for that 35 roster list to be 100% false.

we've all been ROB'bed of a great game (see what i did?)
I-I laughed ;;

Arteen

Smash Lord
I don't want to add false hope but, http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40936211 might make some of you feel better.

To sum it up, it basically says that before Ness was confirmed, the roster Markman and Reno had listed Zamus and Samus as two characters, thus completing the 35 character roster. After Ness was confirmed, the roster was edited making Zamus and Samus into one character.
I'll take that sliver of hope. It's better than nothing.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
they said it was ROB from Star Fox? all I ever heard was the system ROB.

in that case the roster HAS to be bull. Star Fox doesn't need that many go**** reps. especially since he put him over Krystal.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
Yea it did say Rob from star fox but someone tried covering it up by saying they assumed because someone told them wrong. Bunch of bull >>.

SPP Kirby

Smash Apprentice
they said it was ROB from Star Fox? all I ever heard was the system ROB.

in that case the roster HAS to be bull. Star Fox doesn't need that many go**** reps. especially since he put him over Krystal.
Yea, they said it was ROB from Starfox.

Ugh I hope that enough puts that nasty roster to it's deathbed :/

I should get to my bed now XD

Top Bottom