• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

GenoWhirl_YEAH

Smash Cadet
-Sitting in a dark, cold corner-

Wow. so much arguing. Am I the only one who finds it ironic that nothing is being done about the trolls? I mean, Gimpyfish is sitting up on a tower with sniper rifle pointed at our heads, waiting for us to post without mentioning Geno, yet he's letting people waltz in here and yell "Geno is a worthless piece of garbage sidekick who's outdated and doesn't belong in Brawl." That kind of stuff is offensive to me! I came to this topic because I thought I would be able to talk about Geno and what he would be like in Brawl until he's confirmed or de-confirmed. Instead, all I get is countless trolls insulting one of my favorite video game characters of all time. And what's our great moderator doing? He's warning some guy because he mentioned Megaman. Yeah, real nice.

Either I missed the part where it was declared that trolls are allowed, or I missed the part where the topic was renamed the "The Official Geno Debate Thread". Please, clear me up on what's going on. I really need some help here.

Anyway, I wanted to post more about my fan plot (Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star) in which Geno plays a large role, but I'm not sure if Gimpyfish is going to yell at me or not. I find it very annoying to get yelled at by a moderator when I'm actually trying to be on topic. I'm not even sure you guys care about my plot. Would you all rather me go back to writing possible cutscenes for SE involving Geno? I just want to be involved in this topic and have some fun... :(
:( you have opened my eyes :( i feel the same. 400 or more of this pages are filled with arguing

i excpect he may be announced in january.... or maybe after the game is releades :p

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
-Sitting in a dark, cold corner-

Wow. so much arguing. Am I the only one who finds it ironic that nothing is being done about the trolls? I mean, Gimpyfish is sitting up on a tower with sniper rifle pointed at our heads, waiting for us to post without mentioning Geno, yet he's letting people waltz in here and yell "Geno is a worthless piece of garbage sidekick who's outdated and doesn't belong in Brawl." That kind of stuff is offensive to me! I came to this topic because I thought I would be able to talk about Geno and what he would be like in Brawl until he's confirmed or de-confirmed. Instead, all I get is countless trolls insulting one of my favorite video game characters of all time. And what's our great moderator doing? He's warning some guy because he mentioned Megaman. Yeah, real nice.

Either I missed the part where it was declared that trolls are allowed, or I missed the part where the topic was renamed the "The Official Geno Debate Thread". Please, clear me up on what's going on. I really need some help here.

Anyway, I wanted to post more about my fan plot (Super Mario RPG 2: Legend of the Dark Star) in which Geno plays a large role, but I'm not sure if Gimpyfish is going to yell at me or not. I find it very annoying to get yelled at by a moderator when I'm actually trying to be on topic. I'm not even sure you guys care about my plot. Would you all rather me go back to writing possible cutscenes for SE involving Geno? I just want to be involved in this topic and have some fun... :(
Not that I wouldn't want to hear plot for Dark Star, but i think writing possible cutscenes would be more interesting and more topical. This is a brawl board afterall.

...my bet is still on Geno being announced next moth(January), and I'd say sometime 10-17th(whatever 5 are weekdays at least), so that he has a chance to hype the game up a lot more right before the release.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Just a quick question...
Don't flame me or anything...

How will you think Geno will be acquired?
He is property of Square Enix not Nintendo?

There's probably only 1 more 3rd party rep left...

Would he fill it and how?

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick question...
Don't flame me or anything...

How will you think Geno will be acquired?
He is property of Square Enix not Nintendo?

There's probably only 1 more 3rd party rep left...

Would he fill it and how?
Well as far as third parties, Sakurai's statement of "around 3" was very vague and very long ago in the game's development. It was basically meant to say for people not to be expecting this to be Nintendo Vs Sega Vs Capcom Vs Enix Vs etc. He wanted to limit it to a few important characters. Don't be surprised if in the end we have 4 or 5. And Geno's main competition for the 'last' slot(Megaman) has taken a large hit to his chances recently. I don't know if that answers any of your questions but...

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Well as far as third parties, Sakurai's statement of "around 3" was very vague and very long ago in the game's development. It was basically meant to say for people not to be expecting this to be Nintendo Vs Sega Vs Capcom Vs Enix Vs etc. He wanted to limit it to a few important characters. Don't be surprised if in the end we have 4 or 5. And Geno's main competition for the 'last' slot(Megaman) has taken a large hit to his chances recently. I don't know if that answers any of your questions but...
Yes it does, Geno Supporter.

Chiastic

Smash Apprentice
ok. i never played mario rpg, so i dont really know who geno is, or how 'awesome' he is, all i can say is that i dont like him because of his crappy character design...

Enigma14

Smash Champion
ok. i never played mario rpg, so i dont really know who geno is, or how 'awesome' he is, all i can say is that i dont like him because of his crappy character design...
i can redirect you to some fanart to better suite your needs, anyways

we always talk about the same thing, his height, his taunts, his moves, his legal status, his music, the red thing on his head...etc.

we need something new like his sound effects, or people making a moveset out of a drawing or some creative new moves like rocket shoes

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
wow, way to be close-minded, and hateful of snes graphical limitations. And for comparison...are you saying you think ice climbers(for example) had a better character design?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
i can redirect you to some fanart to better suite your needs, anyways

we always talk about the same thing, his height, his taunts, his moves, his legal status, his music, the red thing on his head...etc.

we need something new like his sound effects, or people making a moveset out of a drawing or some creative new moves like rocket shoes
like when he hits someone does it make that sound he made in the game, (topic idea by looooooooni)

Or can someone make sound effects?

Can someone draw a moveset for him with pictures and damage?

Or can someone draw new moves for him like beams coming out of his eyes?

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
wow, way to be close-minded, and hateful of snes graphical limitations. And for comparison...are you saying you think ice climbers(for example) had a better character design?
I rather like the way Sonics eyes connect together.

If you're looking a video game from a graphics and beatification standpoint.
Why not buy a Playstation 3 (God forbid you do)

Quit whining about how something looks and witness how it acts.
(@ the guy before NessOnett)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Since the focus of the mario series is Mario sunshine in brawl, I'd say that hurts Geno's chances, and heightens Bowser jr's chances.
Don't forget Mario kart

also how is Sunshine the foucs? Just because there is 1 stage? :laugh:

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Since the focus of the mario series is Mario sunshine in brawl, I'd say that hurts Geno's chances, and heightens Bowser jr's chances.
The focus of the Mario Series may exist all throughout the Mario universe.
Not just Delfino.

Bowser Jr. would be a great Assist Trophy, as he would fly in on his pirate ship and throw Bullet Bills at you.

As a PC, no clones.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Not just Delfino.

Bowser Jr. would be a great Assist Trophy, as he would fly in on his pirate ship and throw Bullet Bills at you.

As a PC, no clones.
Or a stage Hazard, just because he has a magical paint brush to turn him into a version of Mario doesn't mean it unique sure he has a few things like lion roar but the koopalings have more orginality

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Don't forget Mario kart

also how is Sunshine the foucs? Just because there is 1 stage? :laugh:
If Im not mistaken there were about 2 Mario Sunshine stages in mario kart, and don't forget Mario's new move.. Fludd. I think these things are enough proof that Sakurai is focusing more on the Mario sunshine era.

Not just Delfino.

As a PC, no clones.
So you have only seen Bowser Jr. in mario galaxy?.. Bowser jr has been a main character in the mario series since Mario Sunshine, and has alot of unique characteristics about him...

and I could also say Geno could be the AT equivalent to Staryu/Starmie.. he could come out and shoot stars.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
and I could also say Geno could be the AT equivalent to Staryu/Starmie.. he could come out and shoot stars.
you take that back...*glares menacingly*
(but Nintendo wouldn't approach SE, ask for Geno, and then make him AT only)

Enigma14

Smash Champion
yeah ur with the mercenaries...

anyway hemightbegiant, I guess i can put u with the storyline, seeing how u were a r.i.d.l.e.y. but was against what they did like me, BUT i need a top member in the geno alliance for issue 0, he will have a small cameo and will appear later... so now nominate u guys... and if the guy with the avatar of the planet or a geno avatar user wins send me a description on how ur character would look like, dont go over board, just details on the head and clothes, no weapons 4 now...

NOMINATE, and the winner with most vtes by tomorrow send me a pm with details like above says...

also note that most genos (short 4 geno alliance members) will appear in the comic later...
typing on the wii 4 the lose...
I vote Pyscho and since he was the only 1 nominated and voted for, I guess he wins.

Anyways any new ideas for our topic so we dont talk about the same thing over and over as a run-on?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
If Im not mistaken there were about 2 Mario Sunshine stages in mario kart, and don't forget Mario's new move.. Fludd. I think these things are enough proof that Sakurai is focusing more on the Mario sunshine era.

So you have only seen Bowser Jr. in mario galaxy?.. Bowser jr has been a main character in the mario series since Mario Sunshine, and has alot of unique characteristics about him...

Name the uniqueness minus the paint brush and bandana

Sunshine era? :laugh: Think you mean game there was no era of sunshine :laugh:

Also in the past you only regard stars for him yet you know he has other moves, thats why he has a moveset, set for him, if he does become a AT then I hope he does Geno Whirl for 999 damage.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
If Sakurai is going to make anyone from Super Mario RPG an AT, it would most likely be Mallow. Geno is all set to be playable.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Also in the past you only regard stars for him yet you know he has other moves, thats why he has a moveset, set for him, if he does become a AT then I hope he does Geno Whirl for 999 damage.
don't you mean 9999?(yes, they are going to add another percent digit for Geno...because he's JUST THAT AMAZING!)

...besides, Geno is "OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!"afterall

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace

Well, yes.
I am referring more to Galaxy.

If you believe he is focusing on Sunshine, then yeah, let him have his paintbrush.
How would that work, I wonder?

Maybe he could summon the Mario clone to take out enemies.
Iunno. :laugh:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
If Sakurai is going to make anyone from Super Mario RPG an AT, it would most likely be Mallow. Geno is all set to be playable.
Thats opinion, Mallow could be set up to be a AT as well he does have a moveset as well, thats fact.

Anyways does anyone have any new ideas?

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
True, Geno is all set to be playable moveset and all. Mallow would make a much better assist trophy because he was a magic user, and his attack spells are the kinds that could do some crazy damage and then just end like assist trophies do lol.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Lord - the Japanese release can't come soon enough. I can't tell you how much I want all of this debating to end. I'm tired of theorizing - I just want to know who's in and who's out already.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Lord - the Japanese release can't come soon enough. I can't tell you how much I want all of this debating to end. I'm tired of theorizing - I just want to know who's in and who's out already.
yep, once the roster is announced, no more theorizing on whos in and out. Just theorizing on attacks, FSs, SSE, game modes, online play, tourneys, tier levels, items, pokemon, etc.

UtopiaXD

Smash Apprentice
well with mewtwo unconfirmed, he has good odds to be the "floating" character.
Mewtwo deconfirmed? Where did this news come from?

Also Geno could easily run, does anyone remeber when your first chasing Geno in the forest maze, hes moving pretty quickly for doll and he is on foot. He could easily run, and he could easily float. Not sure which we will see if he makes it in though.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo deconfirmed? Where did this news come from?

Also Geno could easily run, does anyone remeber when your first chasing Geno in the forest maze, hes moving pretty quickly for doll and he is on foot. He could easily run, and he could easily float. Not sure which we will see if he makes it in though.
i said unconfirmed, not deconfirmed...meaning his inclusion is not guaranteed. He may still make it in, in fact he probably will, but he hasnt been confirmed yet

Top Bottom