• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
I wouldnt mind having one myself lol. Ive been here for a while and Im to incompetant to make my own lol.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Hey guys guess what? Geno is the most popular video game character ever and if hes in brawl hes gonna get his own series.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
20 updates until Brawl comes out. It makes me wonder how fast the news about all of Brawl's unlockables will get out once Brawl is released. Like Shadowbolt, I've been in this "game" since E3 05 (when Reggie pseudo announced "an online Smash game that will be a launch title for the Revolution.") and I sort of want the speculation to come to an end. If Geno's not in Brawl, I'm going to go back to what I did before Brawl was announced, trying to find ways to get Nintendo and Square Enix to make a true sequel to Super Mario RPG. I'd hate to think that after 2 1/2 years, me and other Geno supporters would be pushed back to square one but I suppose we'll have to coup if the situation arises.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't really think they will have geno in brawl, imo a game like brawl won't suit him.
I've heard several people say this in the past but no one has ever explained what they mean by this. All the characters that are in Brawl are taken out of their natural context so no one truely fits. Seriously, what other game would a worldclass assassin against a plumber or a blue hedgehog? Heck, I remember back in 2005 on the Nsider forums how this guy made a really long post about how hilarious it would be if Snake, his favorite character, made it into the next Smash Bros game just because how radically different he'd be from everyone else.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
His cosmic figure is one of the reasons I wanted him in Galaxy and he'd fit well with Rainbow Road in MK, and fit well in Brawl too.
OMG. Mario Kart is perfect for him. If not a playable slot, then at least some kind of cameo. But this is like the 17th Mario Kart. I'm sure theres a PC slot that needs filling. Unless "Chargin Chuck" makes a drastic comeback.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Of course a possessed doll with guns fits with in a plumber that shoots fireballs, an elf-earred swordsman, a biped fox, a pink blob, an electric mouse, a whiny princess that picks things out of the ground, an elf-earred princess that turns into a gender confused ninja, a blue hedgehog that runs faster than the speed of sound. Well, you all get the point, but yeah, Geno fits in well.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Of course a possessed doll with guns fits with in a plumber that shoots fireballs, an elf-earred swordsman, a biped fox, a pink blob, an electric mouse, a whiny princess that picks things out of the ground, an elf-earred princess that turns into a gender confused ninja, a blue hedgehog that runs faster than the speed of sound. Well, you all get the point, but yeah, Geno fits in well.
I still beleive there is an exception to the "Fitting In" argument. Geno is great, Brawl could be his comeback, then MK Wii, and then to top it off, a RPG sequel.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
i can redirect you to some fanart to better suite your needs, anyways

we always talk about the same thing[/SIZE], his height, his taunts, his moves, his legal status, his music, the red thing on his head...etc.

we need something new like his sound effects, or people making a moveset out of a drawing or some creative new moves like rocket shoes
like when he hits someone does it make that sound he made in the game, (topic idea by looooooooni)

Or can someone make sound effects?

Can someone draw a moveset for him with pictures and damage?

Or can someone draw new moves for him like beams coming out of his eyes?
Geno eye beam! That would be awesome!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno should have chains that connect his arms to his body so when he uses Rocket fist, he can pull the arms back fast. Also, enables ranged grabs!

Edit: Enigma, can you edit your post...Gimpyfish said no more giant text things

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Geno should have chains that connect his arms to his body so when he uses Rocket fist, he can pull the arms back fast. Also, enables ranged grabs!

Edit: Enigma, can you edit your post...Gimpyfish said no more giant text things
that could also be used to explain his uppercut attack!

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
OMG. Mario Kart is perfect for him. If not a playable slot, then at least some kind of cameo. But this is like the 17th Mario Kart. I'm sure theres a PC slot that needs filling. Unless "Chargin Chuck" makes a drastic comeback.

ZOMG CHARGIN' CHUCK FOR BRAWL!!!

Anyway what kind of voice do you think Geno should have?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
ZOMG CHARGIN' CHUCK FOR BRAWL!!!

Anyway what kind of voice do you think Geno should have?
Well, there doesn't appear to be any spoken dialouge in the SSE sequences so I don't think there'll be a need for him to make any longwinded speeches or anything. I think most of his fans have a basic idea on how he should sound and most people suggest a voice that's similar to Chase Young from Xaolin Shadown or Shikamaru from Naruto.

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
No voice at all. Geno will fit in as the "silent killer" of Brawl
Ah, but I thought that Geno's wisdom made his voice the most important part to his character. After all, he managed to convince Bowser to stay with the party and fight Smithy to the end. So whilst I agree that Subspace probably has no dialogue, I think Geno still needs a voice, especially for phrases during his victory screen.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Quick Question

If Geno turns out to be super successful in his debut on Brawl and his popularity becomes semi-iconic in the U.S. and Japan, do you think Miyamoto would give him his own gaming series on the Wii and DS platforms?

igloo9

Smash Apprentice
If Geno turns out to be super successful in his debut on Brawl and his popularity becomes semi-iconic in the U.S. and Japan, do you think Miyamoto would give him his own gaming series on the Wii and DS platforms?
Eh...I want Geno to be a character in the Mario series...I don't want him to have his own "Geno" series.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That's wishful thinking. There is no way he'd get his own SERIES, but I wouldn't doubt a new appearance in Mario games. It'd suck if he gets stuck as Mario Party filler.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He'd probably play an important role in the next Mario RPG but I seriously doubt he'd be given his own game. Also, Miyamoto didn't create him so he really doesn't have any say regarding the character.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
That's wishful thinking. There is no way he'd get his own SERIES, but I wouldn't doubt a new appearance in Mario games. It'd suck if he gets stuck as Mario Party filler.
Nooooo!! Don't jinx it! I don't want the awesome Geno reduced to a Waluigi-ish Mario Sports/Party character!! That'd be so awful...

Oh yeah, that would be kind of cool for someone at Nintendo to resurrect the Super Mario RPG series and revamp Geno's retro look.

@bro, can I get a copy of your signature? And do you have anymore?

Top Bottom